• 57 results
#1 Posted by teh_destroyer (3567 posts) -

I have been considering buying one recently, because I think I need one. I believe there has been a spirit in the corner of my home for a while now and it bothers me. But no one else that I live with feels it or hears anything from it the way I do, this has been going on for months now. I have very little footage of sounds and stuff moving. But I have heard it flipping paneled doors open and closed, on camera, I have also seen my front door open and close on its own with nobody around it. Do you think it should be necessary for me to buy one?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Nah. Just call Ghostbusters. 

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#4 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Burn the house down.

#5 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I've always wanted to try one, but every time my friends think about doing a Oujia Board, people chicken out.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This would make a good sitcom.

#7 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

i think you need something a little less parker brothers and a little more.. bill murray

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@teh_destroyer said:

I have also seen my front door open and close on its own with nobody around it.

Wind will do that.

#9 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

It's a piece of board with letters and numbers on it and if you hang out with a cool friend he'll save you the trouble of you looking like an idiot and move the cursor around like there's a ghost in the room.

#10 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I think it is a bunch of nonsensical bullshit. But that is my personal opinion, harmless fun if you are into that sort of thing. Always cracked me up though when I hear people talk about them like they are literally a gateway to Hell/Satan. Hah

#11 Posted by Live2bRighteous (317 posts) -

Dude, if you're worried about some paranormal shit being in your house, an Ouija board would most likely make it worse.

You're better off calling a priest. lol

#12 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@teh_destroyer: Ouija is actually an old board game. Any paranormal activity associated with them are entirely false. As always, Wikipedia has a good, large article on it. But yeah, if ghosts did exist then there will be millions of ghosts of people and animals all over the place. That's just my thoughts on it anyway.

#13 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -
#14 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I used one in a cemetery once and nothing happened.

#15 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

To answer the opening question: LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

#16 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

(Maybe you're crazy.)

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Pee on that corner of your house to mark your turf. Show that ghost who the real alpha dog is!

#18 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i used one at my friend's house before. now, his house is haunted. one day i felt a finger go into my back. i turned around and my friend was half asleep on his bed, his cats were both outside. another time we were about to go out and heard the back door open and close except nobody came in or out. the same night we heard the front door open.

one halloween we used the ouija board. we talked to the dead. we didn't know who george was but we only found out that he was in his 60s. the next day we asked his father who george was he was the dead grandpa of the owner. we asked his mom and we got the same answer. none of us knew who george was.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

I think it is a bunch of nonsensical bullshit. But that is my personal opinion.

It's also a stone-cold fact.

#20 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I believe in ghost.

#21 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2992 posts) -

I have special powers I can make my ouiji board spell my name

#22 Posted by GuyIncognito (445 posts) -

@teh_destroyer said:

Do you think it should be necessary for me to buy one?

No. A visit to a shrink, however, is necessary.

#23 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I think they are misleadingly spelled.

#24 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

WEEGEEE boards.

#25 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Get some classy tarot cards instead, they look cooler and you can practice shuffling them and wearing a cloak to get all them single ladies.

#26 Posted by CrazyBagMan (842 posts) -

If you do have something freaky in your house, inviting more bad shit in with one of those is probably a bad idea.

#27 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

They're great when I have gullible friends over.

#28 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
@TentPole said:

I believe in ghost.

I believe in you.
#29 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

That'll work. Or a draught excluder. Which one's cheaper?

#30 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

@teh_destroyer: Ouija is actually an old board game. Any paranormal activity associated with them are entirely false. As always, Wikipedia has a good, large article on it. But yeah, if ghosts did exist then there will be millions of ghosts of people and animals all over the place. That's just my thoughts on it anyway.

Yep, I say play some Monopoly instead. It's a much more fun game, so ghosts and spirits have a higher chance of joining in with you.

#31 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

Obligatory.

#32 Posted by Village_Guy (2577 posts) -

It is all mind tricks - and the mind is an worthy adversary that no human can hope to defeat - there are actually people who have gone insane from playing those stupid "ghost" games.

I'd say that you should stay away, save yourself some of your time and sanity.

PS. Don't challenge the mind, it is like it can read your thoughts! Scary stuff amirite-or-amirite?!

#33 Posted by isomeri (1275 posts) -

I'm technically ghost agnostic, but it does seem a silly that there would be literally billions of ghosts out there from every previous human generation. Also, do animals develop into ghosts? How about plants?

#34 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@teh_destroyer:

Honestly? Ouija boards are esoteric bullshit. If you feel there is a spirit in your house, there are two possibilities:

1. You've got hallucinations due to videogame overload.

2. There really are ghosts in your house You've got hallucinations due to carbon monoxide.

Check your gas pipes man!

#35 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@coakroach said:

Get some classy tarot cards instead, they look cooler and you can practice shuffling them and wearing a cloak to get all them single ladies.

All the really dumb and fucked up ladies you mean? Then yes.

#36 Edited by Duskwind (141 posts) -

You're assuming it's a ghost. Problem is...it could be a demon, which is a whole lot worse. Trying to communicate with it in any way, including using a ouija board, would be a very bad idea. Shit don't get more real than Paranormal Activity. Watch it and you'll understand.

#37 Posted by teh_destroyer (3567 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@teh_destroyer said:

Wind will do that.

Yeah sure, but the wind won't blow open doors that were locked. Just saying, anyways, thanks for the insights dudes.

#38 Posted by NathHaw (2769 posts) -

@buzz_clik said:

To answer the opening question: LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

They're totally legit.

#39 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Obligatory.

Damn you, now I'm hooked on Penn & Teller again.

#40 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

Give it a shot, destroyer. What can it hurt?

#41 Posted by sanchopanza (247 posts) -

@teh_destroyer said:

But no one else that I live with feels it or hears anything from it the way I do, this has been going on for months now.

Seek mental help. Even if this ghosty stuff wasn't complete bullshit, a board would help you how exactly?

#42 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

@teh_destroyer said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@teh_destroyer said:

Wind will do that.

Yeah sure, but the wind won't blow open doors that were locked. Just saying, anyways, thanks for the insights dudes.

So you rule out wind and then go straight HOLY SHIT MY HOUSE IS POSSESSED

Flawless logic.

#43 Posted by wonkykong (13 posts) -

@iam3green said:

i used one at my friend's house before. now, his house is haunted. one day i felt a finger go into my back. i turned around and my friend was half asleep on his bed, his cats were both outside. another time we were about to go out and heard the back door open and close except nobody came in or out. the same night we heard the front door open.

one halloween we used the ouija board. we talked to the dead. we didn't know who george was but we only found out that he was in his 60s. the next day we asked his father who george was he was the dead grandpa of the owner. we asked his mom and we got the same answer. none of us knew who george was.

Cats don't have fingers so it must have been a ghost!

#44 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6298 posts) -

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NOT!! HAVEN'T YOU SEEN PARANORMAL ACTIVITY?!?!?!

#45 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Paranormal Activity.

The Orphanage.

Nope.

#46 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (733 posts) -

Ghosts do not exist. Neither do poltergeists, spectres, vampires, werewolves, sentient mummies, zombies, gods, devils, angels, bigfoot etc.

/thread

#47 Edited by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

It was a good way to freak my sister out as a kid. Perhaps there was a ghost trying to communicate through it, but it didn't get a chance to speak because I'm a fucking douche.

#48 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@dekkadekkadekka said:

Ghosts do not exist. Neither do poltergeists, spectres, vampires, werewolves, sentient mummies, zombies, gods, devils, angels, bigfoot etc.

/thread

You don't know that...
#49 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

/thread

Only someone who hasn't been on the inside of the hollow earth would think that.

#50 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

i think they're fun but you're wasting your time if you think that it'll get rid of any ghosts. you have to burn your house down to fully get rid of them.