How does having a sex change op. make you a male/female now?

• 57 results
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Phished0ne

It all boils down to the people that want to get sex changes are insane, call me a dick, buts its how i feel.  I don't even understand how doctors do the surgery and feel morally okay with themselves, people that have gender issues should be talking to therapists or psychitrists, not plastic surgeons.  Its like Adam Carolla use to say on Loveline,  "if i went up to a doctor, and said, "i am an armless man trapped in a healthy body" the doctor wouldnt go "oh well, let me strap you down on this table and take care of that one right away!". I am paraphrasing of course.  But, thats how i feel, the vast majority of people with gender issues, would be a lot better off going through talk sessions and maybe some meds, for whatever happened in their past that caused them to have these issues.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Termite
@Phished0ne said:
" It all boils down to the people that want to get sex changes are insane, call me a dick, buts its how i feel.  I don't even understand how doctors do the surgery and feel morally okay with themselves, people that have gender issues should be talking to therapists or psychitrists, not plastic surgeons.  Its like Adam Carolla use to say on Loveline,  "if i went up to a doctor, and said, "i am an armless man trapped in a healthy body" the doctor wouldnt go "oh well, let me strap you down on this table and take care of that one right away!". I am paraphrasing of course.  But, thats how i feel, the vast majority of people with gender issues, would be a lot better off going through talk sessions and maybe some meds, for whatever happened in their past that caused them to have these issues. "

That's kind of like saying that all gay people are just delusional and that some good 'ol fashion therapy will set 'em straight.

Well you know what? It won't.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By DarkGamerOO7
@Phished0ne said:
" It all boils down to the people that want to get sex changes are insane, call me a dick, buts its how i feel.  I don't even understand how doctors do the surgery and feel morally okay with themselves, people that have gender issues should be talking to therapists or psychitrists, not plastic surgeons.  Its like Adam Carolla use to say on Loveline,  "if i went up to a doctor, and said, "i am an armless man trapped in a healthy body" the doctor wouldnt go "oh well, let me strap you down on this table and take care of that one right away!". I am paraphrasing of course.  But, thats how i feel, the vast majority of people with gender issues, would be a lot better off going through talk sessions and maybe some meds, for whatever happened in their past that caused them to have these issues. "
You can't cure a metal belief that you are really a certain gender when you feel like you are the opposite gender and Therapy/medications cost a lot of money. Having the surgery will cost less in the long run and make the person finally feel normal. Most people are born with the feeling that they are the opposite sex.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Manatassi

Hmm this topic looks like an attempt to incite a homophobic or other kind of angry reaction and cause an argument. I fail to see what other reactions you could expect to receive?

A man who has a sex operation and says he is a woman has every right to do so. If that person wants to be referred to as female I have no problem with doing so. Its not hurting me and it makes them feel better, so I don't see the problem. 

If you have some kind of beliefs that say sex changes are wrong then I would suggest you treat the people who have had them with civility and otherwise avoid their company where possible.

If someone disfigures themselves  to look like a cat it would probably make me feel a little uncomfortable to be around them so I would be civil and avoid their company. Its pretty straight forward really. People all have their prejudices, its pretty normal. We should simply try to understand the world from the other persons perspective and if we are unable to deal with them then avoid negative confrontation unless they impose upon you unreasonably.
Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Demo

I saw that episode too. I think of them as transexuals, not men and definately not women.
What they have is not a vagina.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By RandomHero666
Most modern day gender bending surgery on men uses their wang to create the pale imitation of a vagina, so.. even Male to Feminine Male trannies are still equipped with their six-shooter.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Phished0ne
@Termite:  But , in some cases it can. It is a belief in the medical community that sexual abuse can cause  orientation confusion, it wont "make you a homosexual"  but it will make you confused as to who you should be with. If a child who was abused,  saw proper therapy about their home life, it could help clear their head  as to where they should be, homosexual or hetrosexual.