How does this make you feel?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That is unfortunate for sure but what does it have to do with Anita? It was pointed out that his project was funded.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@ImmortalSaiyan: It has nothing to do with her. The OP is just trying to connect dots that aren't even there to connect.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By TheHumanDove

I checked my privilege today

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By dichemstys

Sucks.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WasabiCurry

@Chaser324: I imagine him sitting in his room drawing lines between those people and the word sexism. Every single day, he looks at those connections and say, "WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!"

He is trying to go for reverse sexism where males are at a disadvantage towards females. BUT! These two Kickstarters are completely different in their goals. Thus, he is comparing the two successes of these Kickstarters based on gender and trying to state, "HERE! THIS WOMAN RAISED MORE MONEY THAN THIS GUY, REVERSE SEXISM!" He has done horrible data farming because he is only comparing two, not the entire sum of Kickstarter who have only one male or female lead~ Most Kickstarters as I would imagine would be a group of people (unsurprisingly) males and females~ If you wanted to be FANCY, you could get race, age, religion...I dunno...actually proper data~

Additionally, he is trying to invoke passion for the man on the left because he has a "sympathetic" story rather than a female wants to tell YOU (the male gamer) how women are portrayed in video games and how YOU are evil~ (By the way, I am so evil that I took down an entire corporation only using a ball point pen!) *evil laughter*

In conclusion, he is most likely pissed off from the recent #tweetthingy that is trying to spread the word of equality for women in the work place (that is the gaming industry or related in gaming, ONLY THERE THOUGH NOWHERE ELSE!) So he got offended and made this post~

Maybe he was a fan of this guy and was saddened by his unsuccessful kickstarter and got mad~

I just don't know...it is late tonight, I am going to play some Awesomenauts~

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@kalparun said:

It sure is nice when #1reasonwhy complains about instances of women getting hit on, or passed of as "receptionists".

That is SEXISM and so horrible.

Threads were filled with people shouting EQUALITY.

When men get actual discrimination and I make a thread for that, apparently it's not a big deal.

I mean really, "loud language"? What kind of criticism is that?

This is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Nothing wrong about talking about discrimination against men.

Do men get the blunt end of the justice system? Hell yeah. Especially black men.

Do women often get custody of children more than men after divorce? Hell yes.

I totally agree that there's a lot of heinous things going on. But the picture you put up and the way you phrased your argument is just plain terrible (illogical, doesn't have to do anything with gender issues) - and it's the reason why you are getting tons of bad responses back.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By izzygraze

@Chaser324 said:

The Kickstarter was for a film chronicling his story, and it made its goal.

There's certainly a lot of conversations worth having about the circumstances that put Brian Banks behind bars, but a lot of what's in the OP seems pretty far off base. If you want to have a discussion about people getting a ton of money on Kickstarter and not delivering, that's a totally different conversation that has nothing to do with gender or race.

I'm going to go with this. Plus bringing in Anita has no point to it. Your point is "she''s a woman" and she didn't provide the services she promissed from kickstarter. I bet there have been a lot of other kickstarters that haven't produced anything with the money they got. And I'm going to guess some of those people were men. I am for equality but this was just a poor argument, or discussion, or what was this?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Raven10

Men are viewed often as sexual predators in the eyes of the law and society. Of course it's their own fault that they are. Still, just because a woman says a guy raped him doesn't make it true. People very often forget that. Look at Michael Jackson. He was found innocent of the molestation charges brought against him but people didn't just forget about it. Just being accused in this society is often reason enough to be hated. It's one of the only real forms of sexism towards men and it really sucks. I've had a personal experience in my youth where I was accused of saying threatening things to a girl. It didn't matter that I didn't do it. It didn't matter that there was no evidence against me. I was nearly arrested and expelled. In the end I had to sit in a room and apologize to this girl for well over an hour and any attempt to defend myself was simply ignored. I was told never to speak to her again. I lost all of my friends to these lies and spent the rest of the year in a deep depression.

The dean of my school literally said to me that because I was a man I was the villain. She knew I was innocent and didn't care. It was better for her to make an example out of me than actually admit I had done nothing wrong. Same woman handed me my degree the day I graduated. I never forgave her. She never apologized. I never spoke to any of those friends again aside from the girl who started it all. Three years later she showed up out of the blue and begged for forgiveness for all the shit she pulled in High School. Being a good person I agreed to give her a second chance. We ended up becoming incredibly close friends and now talk to each other daily. I guess I tell that last part because it is proof that people can change and giving people a second chance is something more people should do as a society. I could have held a grudge, but I forgave and forgot and made an incredible friend who I love dearly and trust completely. If more people accused of bad things and their accusers would admit they were wrong and forgive each other the world would be a lot better place.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheHumanDove

@Raven10 said:

If more people accused of bad things and their accusers would admit they were wrong and forgive each other the world would be a lot better place.

Or they could not make up bullshit lies that have huge, devastating consequences. Like five years in jail

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LikeaSsur
Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61  Edited By Raven10

@TheHumanDove said:

@Raven10 said:

If more people accused of bad things and their accusers would admit they were wrong and forgive each other the world would be a lot better place.

Or they could not make up bullshit lies that have huge, devastating consequences. Like five years in jail

Obviously that would be ideal. My point was more that it happened and this guy suffered some very bad consequences because of it. If the two parties would put this behind them and try to do better next time then they would both be better off. He should be given a second chance, and she should apologize, split the money, and admit she messed up. If he could then accept that, then while it may never make it right, it will let them both move on without the baggage.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rpgee

In other news, white, straight, middle-class males really have it rough sometimes, you guys.

Seriously, this is precisely the reason why I've stopped trying to think about the world as equality through equality and instead focus upon equality through individuality and uniqueness. To claim that misandry is anywhere near misogyny as a social issue, within the same possible frame of thought, is the most illogical, privileged, fucking backward sort of thinking that can exist in an age which praises progressive tendencies more and more. Just don't even try and bring up the topic with any sort of sincerity, because it makes you look like the biggest tosser on the Internet, which is full of tossers to begin with.

I mean, fuck, where's your sense? Have some damn perspective. The only way this can begin to approach a sensible topic with some discourse is if is actually female, and this is trying to debunk the idea that no females can hold patriarchal values. That's a whole other issue, which should also not be brought up on a video game website.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By Video_Game_King
In other news, I just now remembered why I upload all these screenshots.
In other news, I just now remembered why I upload all these screenshots.
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sinusoidal

Anyone else remember saveKaryn.com. She got herself into a whole bunch of debt basically by buying loads of useless designer crap. Then made a website vowing to rough it and asking people nicely to donate money to her "cause". She got famous and actually ended up turning quite the profit. Now she's an "author", changed her website's name to prettyinthecity.com and back wearing overpriced designer clothing.

People are stupid.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thedj93

next time you make a good point try not to let your outrage cloud your judgment as to what you use for evidence. you've built an argument that is easy to dismiss due to a reliance on hyperbolic sensationalism.

what is the relevence between the two kickstarters? if you were trying to highlight an injustice, you've failed, because his kickstarter made its way through the system, although admittedly it wasnt as exorbitant as sarkessian's profits, you still look like a fool

happy trolling :)

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Trainer_Red

I'm just here to say that Anita is a complete tool and I hope she dies alone.

This is completely unrelated to this topic and to sexism in general. I just really fucking hate Anita and after all the mud dragging sexism topics that has found its way on this site, I would have ignored this if it didn't contain Anita, but it did so I won't.

Shrimpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shrimpy

I really hope you're trolling and if you are it's quiet well put together.

They're two completely unrelated kickstarters. The second one seems to appeal to the sort of people who probably watch vlogs on youtube, it's completely unrelated to standards in sexism.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dezztroy

@WasabiCurry: You realize of course that "reverse sexism" is not a thing, and that the word sexism isn't restricted to discrimination against women.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By gamefreak9

@hawkinson76 said:

Straw man argument, and silly.

On the whole there is no justification for bitching based on systemic bias against men, all other things being equal a man has a better chance in almost every circumstance, systemic bias is almost always in our favor.

Also, please don't post this on a video game website. Or any other site, because it is dumb.

your wrong, please look at the empirical evidence.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By gamefreak9

@CageySquid said:

There are probably a bunch of really dumb Kickstarters that got fully funded, but you picked one that would reinforce an opinion you already had. You don't address the fact that women are sometimes ignored or intimidated when they accuse someone of rape. You seem to be ignoring the fact that men are paid more and promoted more often than women. (http://www.pay-equity.org/) Also, maybe people just care more about hearing someone's opinion on pop culture than they do fixing that guys life. Fair, maybe not, but that's life.

don't open topic you don't understand. Ever hear the words ceteris parabis? Women earn more than comparable men.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pezen

So one shitty kickstarter worked and another didn't? Oh my god, gender bias obviously! I am always amazed "gender equality" is such a debate.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

It makes me think i'm on the wrong website, lock this down.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By CaLe

Makes me feel that life isn't fair. But I already knew that before coming here.