• 84 results
#1 Posted by mrburger (103 posts) -

#2 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Elementary, high school in progress. But how could I possibly not vote for Backwoods/feral? Also, educational institutions suck! Death to oppression, freedom to the students!

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

High School and 2 years of 3D Graphics Game Design and Animation.

#4 Posted by Ottosmann (68 posts) -

Starting my first year of college in a month. Yes I'm a young'n, probably one of the youngest on here, but whatever. Diversity is what I'm bringing. Also in all seriousness I can't wait to start college, it's gonna be a blast.

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I taipe weelly guud!  
I taipe betur dan yu du! huuurrr. 

... So you know, G

#6 Posted by believer258 (12216 posts) -

High school and 2 years of college thus far, going back to college next year and the next, and then I'm done. I think. I don't know if I'm going for any sort of Master's.

#7 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

Wow, 16% of the 24 people that have responded thus far have basically a PhD.... Something smells fishy, Scooby.

#8 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

I'd like to know some feral duders on here.

#9 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Not very when I consider all the things I don't know compared to what I do

#10 Posted by GnomeonFire (789 posts) -

Fairly educated. About this |----------------------------| much.

#11 Posted by BaneFireLord (2958 posts) -

High school. I start college in the fall.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
Quite.
#13 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

I got smarts all up in my brain. Recently graduated regular-ass college, now I'm in the workforce, with not much desire to go back for grad school (...yet?).

#14 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

I'm in high school.

#15 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

2 year college, and high school.

#16 Posted by GnomeonFire (789 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Quite.

Hmm yes, intriguing.

“Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.”

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@GnomeonFire said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Quite.

Hmm yes, intriguing.

“Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.”

"It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living." *puff puff*

#18 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (659 posts) -

I'm in high school.

#19 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1219 posts) -

This much

#20 Posted by jeffrud (422 posts) -

Currently working on an MA in International Relations. Wish I had some cool stories from this, but I've got nothing.

#21 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I have my bachelors in History/secondary education. Also have grad work competed in special education.

#22 Posted by Zombie_Shakespeare (132 posts) -

GED, so high school. Planning to go to college once I have some money saved up and have moved out of state.

#23 Posted by Darkstorn (472 posts) -

Just got my B.A. in Political Science last month. I managed to obtain it in 3 years, but at the cost of any internships.

There probably isn't a major out there that requires internship experience more than poly sci/int relations, so I sort of fucked myself.

Right now I'm thinking of getting into teaching...

#24 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

I'm really into post-elementary at the moment.

#25 Posted by Sumbog (508 posts) -

I'm in high school still, so I put Feral, because all kids in high school are basically feral beings controlled purely by their sexual desires and natural instincts.

#26 Posted by Milkman (17353 posts) -

I learned on the streets, slinging dope.

(I go to college)

#27 Posted by artofwar420 (6312 posts) -

A lot of college students I see.

#28 Posted by ADarkMatter (135 posts) -

also 2 years of college :)

#29 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I am feral.

#30 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

High school, at the moment. Gonna be going to college in about a month, though.

#31 Posted by Zleunamme (706 posts) -

I have high school diploma and a Bachelors In Fine Arts for Communication Design. Most commonly known as Graphic Design. So far I have student loans I have to pay off and pondering an uncertain future. I might go into teaching art if things don't pan out.

#32 Posted by Hamst3r (4569 posts) -

Feral. Rawr.

#33 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Eeeh, wtf is the difference between post and post-post?...I got a Master's so post-graduate?

#34 Posted by Eviternal (197 posts) -

@Patman99 said:

Wow, 16% of the 24 people that have responded thus far have basically a PhD.... Something smells fishy, Scooby.

What, 3-4 GB users having a PhD or similar is strange?

#35 Posted by gamefreak9 (2420 posts) -

Current in MSc of International Finance, but i'm also signed up to a PHD which I am working on somewhere else.

#36 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

BFa Art, finished that 2007.  

Now, five years later?  I am a student loan payee and general nul contributor to 'society'.  I have a job totally unrelated to my field of expertise that I like because it is easy going and low stress.  Pays okay.  Not great, but good enough.  Now, you might not take student loans that seriously when you're a student.  Have to take that money or you can't go to school, right?  Need to go to school.  Absolutely you do.  But hey, that is a for realsies loan and student loan people want dat paper back (motherfucker).  They want it with interest.  Cough up the fucking vig.  That is the vigorish.  The cut.  The juice.  That is the we-be-nice-and-not-break-your-kneecaps payment.  Cough it up.  We'll send guys.  D:

#37 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

@Eviternal: Now it is an even bigger number of respondents but still. I was more alarmed by the percentage then the raw number. As it stands, More than 10% of 124 respondents said that they have a PhD or higher. That is roughly the same percentage as those who said that they only have a High School diploma. I would say that either some users bent the truth a little or simply by the nature of the poll, people who have a higher education are more likely to answer. Considering 4% of people in the city I live in have a PhD which also has the largest University in the whole area, I would think that more than double that percentage is pretty damn high.

Taking that into account and the fact that 8% answered that they basically have no education/are feral, I would assume that the 10%+ of PhD holders is actually a little too high. Then again, it is a video game website, so who is really expecting accurate numbers.

#38 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

School of Hard Knocks here. Dumb as a box of rocks.

#39 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I'm currently an undergraduate student, tomorrow we learn which number comes after 7.

#40 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

I'm currently an undergraduate student, tomorrow we learn which number comes after 7.

Oh! It's 2. I'd swear on my life that 2 comes next.

#41 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

I can't read so I don't know which one I voted for.

#42 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3091 posts) -

I'm in undergraduate school, and I plan on getting my Master's degree and possibly a PhD down the line.

#43 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

I got an associate's and plan to finish my Information Systems Management degree when money is but a big silly number to me. Yep, a novelty degree just to say I have one.

As an independent learner, I've always hated academia despite getting really good grades. 99% of professors/TA's don't give a shit and I didn't get my money's worth.

I think the job market is total BS right now (Masters degree holders working at Nordstrom? Really?) in the sense that who you know means way more than what you know. While you gotta prove you know your stuff, there's more than one way to skin a tree.

#44 Posted by pweidman (2365 posts) -

Backwoods/feral was mighty tempting tc...just too perfect. :)

#45 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

The fuck does school have to do with my education? Would have liked a self taught option.

#46 Posted by Korolev (1729 posts) -

Bachelor's in Biotech

Master's in Molecular Biology

Currently studying a Medical Degree. By the time I finish I would have spent about 10 years at University - 12 if I decide to take on a combine MBBS/PhD course.

And as much as I love learning.... I am mighty sick of university life.

#47 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
#48 Posted by SmithCommaJohn (148 posts) -

4 years of undergrad, 3 years of law school

I've been out of school for a few years now, and I've just recently (within the last month) gotten a job that (1) requires a law degree (though not a license to practice law), and (2) pays the bills.

Given the average law school grad's debt load and dismal career prospects, it's a path that I'd generally advise against.

#49 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

I'm in my second year of an undergrad engineering degree.

#50 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

I'm halfway through a Master's in Literature. When I'm done I expect I'll be unemployed and depressed. Hooray for higher education!