• 109 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm a better internet person because of Giant Bomb. Hell, I could have become some Wii fanboy, but yet I here I am.
Just another lover of games. Video Games.

#3 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

I'm a better writer now; I'm better at expressing ideas/opinions clearly.

and now i love games in an intellectual capacity as well as a "having-fun" one!

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

I've learned to let shit go because of being on here. Because, fuck it, it's the internet.

#5 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

Giant Bomb is like a slow cancer that eats you away from the inside until nothing is left. 
 
Can't believe I've been here since the beginning.

#6 Posted by SSully (4316 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I've learned to let shit go because of being on here. Because, fuck it, it's the internet.

Every ISP should send you that message when you first sign up for the internet.

#7 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

I think Im a better internet person because this site has allowed me to look at things from different perspectives

#8 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

I was a shit poster, and am now a slightly less shittier poster (because this is the forum where I can not use punctuation, SA doesn't tolerate that shit)

PROGRESS

#9 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@SSully said:

@JasonR86 said:

I've learned to let shit go because of being on here. Because, fuck it, it's the internet.

Every ISP should send you that message when you first sign up for the internet.

Yeah, wise words. Hope I continue to grow and let things go.
#10 Posted by artofwar420 (6311 posts) -

I agree with you Claude, the staff here is really awesomely against such petty side-taking. Is it good? Then I'll give it a shot. I guess I've grown as an IRL person too, but that's another topic.

#11 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

I think I'm a better internet person thanks to the people on the forums.

#12 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@artofwar420 said:

I agree with you Claude, the staff here is really awesomely against such petty side-taking. Is it good? Then I'll give it a shot. I guess I've grown as an IRL person too, but that's another topic.

Shit, my life would have been incomplete without the artofwar420 blogs. I grew up with you.
 
 Back in the day, remember?
#13 Posted by artofwar420 (6311 posts) -

@Claude: Aww, thanks bro. I like it here. Memories!

#14 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Giant Bomb has made me a much better person, there you go.

#15 Edited by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

Well I went from an adult with a waning interest in games to an adult who doesn't play games aside from the odd iphone game.

I still watch a lot of videogame coverage for some inexplicable reason though.

#16 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Hizang said:

Giant Bomb has made me a much better person, there you go.

Well, you have a long way to go Hizang. One of my Christmas wishes is for you to find true happiness.
#17 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Whether that's a good or a bad thing, that's for others to judge, but I'm definitely still the same "internet person" as I was before GB.

#18 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

I've only been here a year, so not much change. I have been buying more games, though, because I'm more frequently updated on them now. Not sure whether this a good thing or a bad thing. :(

#19 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@mandude said:

I've only been here a year, so not much change. I have been buying more games, though, because I'm more frequently updated on them now. Not sure whether this a good thing or a bad thing. :(

It seems you're more in tune. If it hurts though, you're doing it wrong :)
#20 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3804 posts) -

Giantbomb's kinda become my number one source of entertainment since I joined. Its kind of takin the place over my regular television watching which was maybe 2-3 hours a day.

#21 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

Hell, you go back and see some of the shit I was posting on here a couple years ago and you'd be... Not better for it, but I am and that's pretty rad! My grammar's gotten way better and I've definitively broadened a few horizons because of all this, thanks in no small part to yous duders and your awesome blogs, so thanks 'n stuff!

#22 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

Where's the "Grown on a videogame website? LOL no" option?

#23 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@UnrealDP said:

Hell, you go back and see some of the shit I was posting on here a couple years ago and you'd be... Not better for it, but I am and that's pretty rad! My grammar's gotten way better and I've definitively broadened a few horizons because of all this, thanks in no small part to yous duders and your awesome blogs, so thanks 'n stuff!

Dude, my grammar has gotten way better. Mad props always to Giant Bomb for that and all its peeps.
#24 Edited by ripelivejam (4838 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I've learned to let shit go because of being on here. Because, fuck it, it's the internet.

hope i get to that point. for as mature as the GB community claims it is (caveat that there appear to be quite a few decent and contributing members) there sure seem to be a lot of complete assholes on it. they seem to appear mostly in the video comments, overly condescending and critical of the staff here when they mess up during a quick look or overlook one or two small parts of the game. i don't mind constructive criticism that recognizes the amount of work teh GB crew puts into this site; just the over-reactionary filth that wants to put them down at every turn. also the irrational patrick haters. i know, i know, they're mostly a vocal minority, but it ends up casting a pall over the GB community as a whole. forums (for the most part) seem to be a fair bit more subdued and rational. hopefully i can separate wheat from chaff and come to recognize the goodness in the GB community i know is there.

i guess assholes will be assholes, and there's a ton of good and interesting people here it seems. about to celebrate my personal 1 yr anniversary of being a regular visitor to this site, so like you say i should learn to just let it go.

#25 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I chose "B". I've changed, but not because of Giant Bomb.

#26 Posted by dudeglove (8271 posts) -

I've been a troublemaker in ways you can't imagine.

#27 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@dudeglove said:

I've been a troublemaker in ways you can't imagine.

dudedeadloveglove has always been my love glove or no matter. I feel free.
#28 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Nothing about Giant Bomb or it's "community" has made me grow. I haven't learned a thing and I am still just little old me. 
So I guess, C? 
 
@Swoxx  said: 

Where's the "Grown on a videogame website? LOL no" option?

Or that
#29 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

@Claude said:

@UnrealDP said:

Hell, you go back and see some of the shit I was posting on here a couple years ago and you'd be... Not better for it, but I am and that's pretty rad! My grammar's gotten way better and I've definitively broadened a few horizons because of all this, thanks in no small part to yous duders and your awesome blogs, so thanks 'n stuff!

Dude, my grammar has gotten way better. Mad props always to Giant Bomb for that and all its peeps.

There ain't enough props in the world for all these GB peeps, brother.

#30 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@UnrealDP said:

@Claude said:

@UnrealDP said:

Hell, you go back and see some of the shit I was posting on here a couple years ago and you'd be... Not better for it, but I am and that's pretty rad! My grammar's gotten way better and I've definitively broadened a few horizons because of all this, thanks in no small part to yous duders and your awesome blogs, so thanks 'n stuff!

Dude, my grammar has gotten way better. Mad props always to Giant Bomb for that and all its peeps.

There ain't enough props in the world for all these GB peeps, brother.

#31 Edited by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

@Claude said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Claude said:

Dude, my grammar has gotten way better. Mad props always to Giant Bomb for that and all its peeps.

There ain't enough props in the world for all these GB peeps, brother.

Alright, I mighta been a bit hyperbolic, but this place is still pretty rad.

#32 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Y'all ain't never gonna change me! Y'all can't tell me nothing!

#33 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -

I post a lot less anymore. Giant Bomb has taught me that there's no convincing some folk.

Online
#34 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

 I'm the other motherfucker who grew up before I got here. If riffing memes for a dozen pages and getting in giant quote-box pyramid arguments about who's ruining Quick Looks the most is the GiantBomb community grown up, then oh god.
 
EDIT- If "I post a lot less anymore" is GiantBomb grown up, then OH FUCK!

#35 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I've learned to let shit go because of being on here. Because, fuck it, it's the internet.

This.

I think I've improved a lot as a writer, too. I go back and read some of my old work and I feel like I have progressed, that I'm not communicating my ideas and points more fluently and articulately.

Still a cunt, though...

Moderator
#36 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

Well I went from an adult with a waning interest in games to an adult who doesn't play games aside from the odd iphone game.

I still watch a lot of videogame coverage for some inexplicable reason though.

Same, pretty much. I'm only here because I love the duders.

#37 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

I'm THAT other motherfucker. Fear me.

#38 Posted by Athadam (704 posts) -

Where's the, "I'm wasting time for hours and hours and ignoring my priorities because I'm watching videos on Giantbomb" option?

But seriously though, it's not that bad and plus I'm learning a lot more about video games.

#39 Posted by CaLe (4052 posts) -

Well I went from being 22 to 26 and my 20s have been 10x more tumultuous than my teens were, so yeah, I've grown with Giant Bomb. At first I wasn't very good at accepting that people liked things I thought were really bad, but I've become more understanding of such things. I dunno if that's thanks to Giant Bomb, or just maturing in general.

#40 Posted by Village_Guy (2662 posts) -

I don't really think I've changed much because of Giant Bomb, the changes have been more just life happening, but Giant Bomb have been with me, and as such it is part of me <3

#41 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

This being one of the few sites that accepted me into the forums ranks has certainly helped. I feel valued here for my opinion, not because I happen to have breasts. I've grown thanks to Giantbomb and I've met/talked with a crazy amount of people that put a whole lot of things into perspective.
 
This site's community even killed off my last bit of Sony hate, which I'm thankful for since it was childish and games are games.

#42 Posted by Rohay (68 posts) -

i dont post much but over the past few months iv been here i know shit now i can better understand why a game is shit and why i should play a game i never would have played before good stuff

#43 Posted by TobbRobb (4840 posts) -

I went from an attentionseeking, lying, shallow shell of a man to an eccentric, compulsive but generally more thinking and considerate shell of a man!

I'd say that is better!

Man some of my old posts... I feel bad.

#44 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

About six inches or so.

In all seriousness, A.

#45 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

I changed a bit on here but mostly my experiences elsewhere are what caused me to change a lot about myself. Being on here more has definitely helped in my shift in becoming more PC oriented though.

#46 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

I use to be a piece of shit awful poster. Now I just don't post as much or as poorly I hope :P

#47 Posted by Kyreo (4602 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I've learned to let shit go because of being on here. Because, fuck it, it's the internet.

Exactly. I can't even keep count of all the times when I write out a full response to some internet shit... think about it for a second, and then delete the whole thing then move onto something else.

#48 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I am a glorious motherfucker. I was before Giant Bomb, and I will continue to be so long after Giant Bomb ceases to exist.

#49 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm a sort-of better writer because of it, I guess?

#50 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

Nothing about Giant Bomb or it's "community" has made me grow. I haven't learned a thing and I am still just little old me.
So I guess, C?

C for Cunt, right?

See? You have learned something from Giant Bomb.