How I Spent Yesterday Morning

ZeroEdge117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ZeroEdge117

Kinda weird that my first blog post isn't going to be about games, but this is an experience that must be shared. 

It all began as I left my house yesterday morning. I was giving my sister a ride to college, as I do every day. The time: 7:00. I knew my right front tire needed air, so I had planned to stop by a gas station to remedy that fact. When I pulled up to the air machine, I realized that more drastic measures needed to be taken; the tire had exploded as I arrived. So, out comes the jack and donut. Just as the jack raises the car to the proper height, it slips out from underneath. (Lousy frozen ground...) After properly jacking up the car, it becomes apparent that the wrench I have won't fit the lug nuts. Sigh... So I call my dad, and he says he'll come help. So he gets there, and it turns out that I'm just stupid, and didn't know to take the hubcap off first. so we get that done, only to discover that the tire is rusted on and won't come off without a fight. We hammer on it, and finally get it off by first driving forward slightly, and then hitting the brakes while cranking the wheel. (This procedure loosened it enough to be removeable; it didn't fly off or anything.) So then we put the donut on, and realize that it needs air. Good thing the car is already at the air machine, right? As I go to insert my change to make the machine go, I notice a quarter is jammed in the slot, rendering the machine inoperable. Finally, we say screw it, and my dad goes to get a new tire. Finally, at 10:30, all is well. Unless you count the part where my sister missed all her classes for the day... 
So, yeah... that's a lot of misfortune all in one morning. It's either plain old Murphy's Law, or the Adjustment Bureau (yes, from the short story/upcoming movie), and I can't figure out which.
ZeroEdge117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZeroEdge117

Kinda weird that my first blog post isn't going to be about games, but this is an experience that must be shared. 

It all began as I left my house yesterday morning. I was giving my sister a ride to college, as I do every day. The time: 7:00. I knew my right front tire needed air, so I had planned to stop by a gas station to remedy that fact. When I pulled up to the air machine, I realized that more drastic measures needed to be taken; the tire had exploded as I arrived. So, out comes the jack and donut. Just as the jack raises the car to the proper height, it slips out from underneath. (Lousy frozen ground...) After properly jacking up the car, it becomes apparent that the wrench I have won't fit the lug nuts. Sigh... So I call my dad, and he says he'll come help. So he gets there, and it turns out that I'm just stupid, and didn't know to take the hubcap off first. so we get that done, only to discover that the tire is rusted on and won't come off without a fight. We hammer on it, and finally get it off by first driving forward slightly, and then hitting the brakes while cranking the wheel. (This procedure loosened it enough to be removeable; it didn't fly off or anything.) So then we put the donut on, and realize that it needs air. Good thing the car is already at the air machine, right? As I go to insert my change to make the machine go, I notice a quarter is jammed in the slot, rendering the machine inoperable. Finally, we say screw it, and my dad goes to get a new tire. Finally, at 10:30, all is well. Unless you count the part where my sister missed all her classes for the day... 
So, yeah... that's a lot of misfortune all in one morning. It's either plain old Murphy's Law, or the Adjustment Bureau (yes, from the short story/upcoming movie), and I can't figure out which.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By mfpantst

Dude that is so fucking funny-  I believe Murphy is loving you yesterday!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Sounds awful. I haven't had that kind of bad luck for a long while.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By melcene

Ouch.  As someone who just spent most of their tax return on car repairs, I feel your pain.  Also, welcome!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

dang that sucks. i guess don't wait up on repairing the car. it's just a horrible thing that happened to you.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By teh_destroyer

At least you weren't injured, granted everything happened in such a manner that it was an easy lesson to learn. And welcome!