• 75 results
#1 Posted by Premier111 (170 posts) -

The new site, the new smell, its all.... dark and modernish... like 1up.
I like the new stuff though, but it is moving a bit slow cause of new release, but I hope it gets to speed sometime. Other than that, it going well so far :)!
is it me, or do we need emoticons?

#2 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I like the darkness, it's easy on the eyes

#3 Posted by Myon (19 posts) -

Seems promising. The layout is really disorganized. I'm not a fan of the dark look either, so I hope that they release more skins soon.

#4 Posted by ankyon (30 posts) -

yeah a bit slow still but looks fine to me. don't need no emoticons thank you :D

#5 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

We definitely need emoticons.

#6 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

Very nice :D

#7 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

We need Lithium emoticons. STAT!

#8 Posted by Canadian (384 posts) -

How do you put images in your post without uploading them to the site? I've been too lazy to find out, and its been bugging me.

#9 Posted by Sharvie (93 posts) -

I like it. It's a bit faster than it was this morning.

#10 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

Server seems more responsive. Lot of work for just 4 dudes.

#11 Posted by whipple (23 posts) -

I like the dark colors... it is running pretty slow though. At least it's on.

#12 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

Dark is nice. It's faster than how it was in the morning.

#13 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Yeah, it's a ton faster than it was just a few hours ago.

#14 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

Yes emoticon's are a must.  GB can do without indifferent smiley though, he was spammed pretty badly.

#15 Posted by ManlyBeast (1147 posts) -

I like the site. All we need is emotions and sigs : D

#16 Posted by GigaWyvern (123 posts) -

It seems that it isn't a good friend of Opera yet.

#17 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I love the friggin' site...I'm a bit mad that everyone got so far ahead in posts when I was one of the top last night...DAMN YOU BED!

#18 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -
Batman said:
"Yes emoticon's are a must.  GB can do without indifferent smiley though, he was spammed pretty badly.
"
:|

#19 Posted by SaintLeonidas (173 posts) -

Premier, nice to see you here
Im liking it more and more, but Ill still spend most of my time over at gamespot

#20 Posted by Nightkiller93 (174 posts) -

Love it so far can't wait to get into some interesting conversations with my fellow Giant Bombers.(now we sound like suicide bombers) =P

#21 Posted by bededog (20 posts) -

It's gone decently enough to keep me here for a bit. I'm hoping the forums become a bit more organized and that emotions are added soon.

#22 Posted by Mordok44 (173 posts) -

I like the darkness on it, its nice and simple :)

#23 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I had a lot of time-outs earlier, but it's working smoother now. They still need to tweak things, but I'm sure they're hard at work.

#24 Posted by mr_korean (610 posts) -

I would just like it if it didn't seem so disorganized but i guess they're new

#25 Edited by Ravey (330 posts) -

Some of the design stuff isn't quite there yet, like not being able to reupload images. That would help a lot, I noticed there were watermarks on 4 of my screenshots so I had to delete them and reupload them. I wonder if they could have some kinda cropping tool implemented?

Also when you delete your own posts, it should just be deleted completely and it definately shouldn't say it was "deleted by a mod".

The speed issues causes the browser to hang forever and it's annoying to have to write the article elsewhere and then when it crashes, having to fix the formatting and reinsert images again. When the site went down momentarily earlier, it was pretty fast for like 5 minutes.

Having the "suggested" name thing popup 1- kinda sucks and 2- I sometimes end up clicking it when i'm searching. Drop-downs are great and are easier to organise.

When submitting games, i've got one that has a blank spot because it was approved but then someone else filled the same spot.

Overall, it's pretty good though.

#26 Posted by m1k3 (1326 posts) -

its been going slow this whole day... probably from all the users. This is still beta right?

#27 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

The color and layout is new, and more pleasing to my eyes.

#28 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Don't like the layout or the way the forum is set up.

#29 Posted by MoldOnHold (627 posts) -

I like it, but it does take a while to get used to.

#30 Posted by Diego (134 posts) -

its fantastic, in fact, i like it much more than GS....
its so awesome

#31 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -

Moving a little slow sometimes, but I've gotten used to the layout and I'm liking it overall.

#32 Posted by error11 (79 posts) -

It's alright. Gotta get used to it.

#33 Posted by mattz (33 posts) -

I prefer the dark scheme but things could be a bit more organized. All in all I'm loving Giant Bomb.

#34 Posted by henjin (829 posts) -

I like this nice dark theme, its easy on the eyes...Although it may not be the same as other sites, you have to expect it can't be perfect because it just launched and its still in BETA

#35 Posted by Julian_jr (418 posts) -

It's very slow. :(

#36 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

I like the site's feel. Getting used to the site's layout and design will take some getting used too.

#37 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -
Premier111 said:
"

The new site, the new smell, its all.... dark and modernish... like 1up.

"
Yeah...how is 1up dark and modernish...the whole site is white and they have like pixel text everywhere...so really it is light and retro...lol
#38 Posted by Pete (65 posts) -

I like it, definitely still has a lot of work that needs to be done, though.  But of overall, I'm enjoying the site.  I'm sure in a few months, the site won't look anything like it does, with all the new features that will be added, hopefully.

#39 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

When I first got on, which was really soon after the site launched, it was slow as hell.

Now it's fine though

#40 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

It's looking like GB needs more moderators. In the beginning, and by beginning I mean first hour, my edits were being went through within an hour. Now it's been around 9 hours for one of my pending submissions.

Also some forum topics just need to be locked.

#41 Posted by kornholio360 (280 posts) -

Darkness is good.

#42 Posted by Sodam_Insane (34 posts) -

I like it so far

#43 Posted by 1oneWON (87 posts) -
CleverLoginName said:
"Server seems more responsive. Lot of work for just 4 dudes."
Seriously, I wonder how many of them will get more then 3 hours of sleep tonight. But they'll f'n love it. I'd love launching a site with this much activity. They must be pumped.
#44 Posted by Euryb (110 posts) -

I think it's amazing. The only problem i see is that they'll probally need an army of people working around the clock approving all of the page additions.

#45 Posted by Julian_jr (418 posts) -
1oneWON said:
"CleverLoginName said:
"Server seems more responsive. Lot of work for just 4 dudes."
Seriously, I wonder how many of them will get more then 3 hours of sleep tonight. But they'll f'n love it. I'd love launching a site with this much activity. They must be pumped.
"

In GS it was the same way.
#46 Posted by Caje (138 posts) -

I like the dark colours. Light websites hurt my eyes.

#47 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

It's doing pretty well for the first day.

#48 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -
Well, it was decent until I saw a thread I wish I didn't see.
#49 Posted by Julian_jr (418 posts) -
twenty0ne said:
"Well, it was decent until I saw a thread I wish I didn't see.
"
Which one? I've seen several.
#50 Posted by Kcube (10 posts) -

I am ditching lamespot for GB.