• 50 results
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

No seriously I really want to know. This guy has been through the ringer with all the dirty deeds, gone through the ringer publicly through the press, and doesn't seem quite popular with his peers and the people of Toronto. Why is this guy still mayor? Maybe GB users from Toronto or probably people who know more about the situation can shed some light on what the heck is going on up north. Seriously thought smoking crack with drug dealers while on the job would be the death bed for peoples political careers but it sounds like his career keeps on ticking.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was under the impression that he was mayor in title only now and has had his power stripped away? I dunno. Crap like this is part of the reason I left Canada.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

He totally had his power stripped. The reason he's still in office is bureaucratic bullshit, as expected. It's unreasonably difficult to remove a mayor in Canada, as I understand it (american here). They don't exactly have crack cocaine clauses, although after this clusterfuck I'm sure they'll enact some.

This article may help: http://globalnews.ca/news/588275/toronto-mayor-difficult-to-remove-legal-expert/

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They recently passed a motion transferring his power to the deputy major. The guy is a fucking joke.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we already got past this? He said he was in a drunken stupor at the time, all is forgiven.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intro said:

I thought we already got past this? He said he was in a drunken stupor at the time, all is forgiven.

Oh if its just booze, I guess all his past regression can be forgiven. Seriously this dude is like Chris Farley but a dick.

chrisphil1724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By chrisphil1724

After living in Detroit during Kwame Kilpatrick's term as mayor, Rob Ford's antics seem tame and cute too me. Can't wait to be in Toronto this weekend!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After living in Detroit during Kwame Kilpatrick term as major, Rob Ford's antics seem tame and cute too me. Can't wait to be in Toronto this weekend!

I mean its Detroit so its kinda expected.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canadians are very forgiving?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

After living in Detroit during Kwame Kilpatrick's term as mayor, Rob Ford's antics seem tame and cute too me. Can't wait to be in Toronto this weekend!

You could have stopped at "After living in Detroit"

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Marion Barry was re elected as mayor of DC after it was found out he smoked crack. And he still works in the government there. Just saying, precedent!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Because he's fucking awesome, that's why. Seriously, I love this dude and his brutal honesty, even if he is out of his fucking mind. He's hilarious to watch.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Crap like this is part of the reason I left Canada.

Crap like this is everywhere, it's certainly not a Canadian thing...

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap like this is part of the reason I left Canada.

Yeah? Don't come to Austria then. It's probably worse here. Although we are such an insignifiant country that luckily it doesn't matter. Just to give you an idea, our former home minister accepted a bribe from some british journalists (he obviously didn't knew that, he thought they were lobbyists). His excuse? He said he thought they were Secret Agents and he was uncovering some sort of conspiracy. I'm not shitting you, he is still claiming that. Obviously he didn't tell ANYBODY about it because, according to his words, you can't trust the police. Just a quick reminder: Former home minister. Urgh.

wchue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not vote for ford, i live on jarvis

he managed to take the bike lanes away .... it made jarvis a freeway again

i don't like him at all...

Canadians are very forgiving?

yes we are, just don't close our lcbo's =)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@onekillwonder_: You're right, dudes funny as shit. He's wearing a CFL jersey while at the hearing! So sorry Toronto.

Loading Video...

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@i_stay_puft: In Canada our Mayors have official titles. Could you please refer to him with the proper title of The Right Honourable Mayor of Toronto Rob Ford?

Even before this cocaine thing a judge ordered him out of office for corruption and he still managed to keep the job. Dude's connected. His brother is also a city counselor so he's got at least some support.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Where did you end up going? I'm thinking about bailing too.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

What do you mean? The former mayor of DC was re-elected after being caught with prostitutes and crack cocaine and he's not the only one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was elected so he can't just be removed from office, he has to finish his term or whatever.

He's now a big fat crack smoking celeb. Putting Etobicoke on the map. what what

superkebabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side note it's nice to see so many GB users from Toronto/Ontario/Canada.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RonGalaxy

Politics

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So he smoked a little crack....so what. I'd rather have someone in power that has had a bit of alternative life experience. Just a shame he chose such a gutter drug.

On the record, I don't know that much about this guy or what the situation is so don't flame me for it. :)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#27  Edited By sammo21

@rebel_scum: The difference is he is doing all this crap while in office. Also, it is not just drug use its inappropriate behavior, corruption charges, drinking while driving, and possibly sexual harassment. I wish we demanded more of public officials and civil servants.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cuz government.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So he smoked a little crack....so what. I'd rather have someone in power that has had a bit of alternative life experience. Just a shame he chose such a gutter drug.

On the record, I don't know that much about this guy or what the situation is so don't flame me for it. :)

Really I mean the least he could have done is just done regular old blow like a normal politician instead of smoking it in rock form.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Vinny_Says

I heard he was still popular popular amongst Torontonians because of his policies such as cutting down on car taxes and such. Anyone have any insight into this?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Where did you end up going? I'm thinking about bailing too.

Korea. Things are probably worse here, but at least I can't understand a word of it!

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Entus

@vinny_says said:

I heard he was still popular popular amongst Torontonians because of his policies such as cutting down on car taxes and such. Anyone have any insight into this?

Yes, they're lower than expected atm, but whether or not that's actually Ford's doing is up to debate.

He's still 'in power' because most in Toronto don't really care. Even with Ford, Toronto is still relatively well-run compared to other cities of a similar size in US.

chrisphil1724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisphil1724 said:

You could have stopped at "After living in Detroit"

HA! Fair point.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Why wouldn't he be mayor anymore? Never heard of Ralph "Why don't you homeless drunks get jobs?" Klein, have you?

Ford not only saves the T dot lots of money, but he isn't guilty of anything. So he made some off-colour/accidental remarks about eating his wife's pussy and was videotaped smoking something - remember - no one has proved he smoked crack. Plus he already told everyone he was super drunk that night and barely remembers it, so no harm, no foul.

All in all he's just a regular canuck.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tariqari
lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@intro said:

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheHumanDove

First off, because he's great with the money. Second, because he's like a reality tv celebrity. I'd be shocked if he wasn't re-elected

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Why wouldn't he be mayor anymore? Never heard of Ralph "Why don't you homeless drunks get jobs?" Klein, have you?

Ford not only saves the T dot lots of money, but he isn't guilty of anything. So he made some off-colour/accidental remarks about eating his wife's pussy and was videotaped smoking something - remember - no one has proved he smoked crack. Plus he already told everyone he was super drunk that night and barely remembers it, so no harm, no foul.

All in all he's just a regular canuck.

Ralph Klein was awesome, though.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I can't help but cheer for the guy who throws a wrench into the system. The fact that he's so affable about everything only helps. It's hilarious to watch everyone try to shame him and he doesn't have any fucks to give. It's refreshing to see a politician who is blunt and not oscar-baiting over a scandal.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Animasta

It's refreshing to see a politician who is blunt and not oscar-baiting over a scandal.

what the fuck does that even mean?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@animasta said:

@oldirtybearon said:

It's refreshing to see a politician who is blunt and not oscar-baiting over a scandal.

You know the kind. The ones who get caught with their dicks in another man's ass and choose to humiliate their families while they stand there with their eyes low and mutter about forgiveness and how ashamed they are and blah blah blah. Nobody ever buys the remorse even if it were sincere, so why bother with that shit at all?

Ford at least shrugs and says "Meh, shit happens." That kind of honesty is refreshing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@oldirtybearon said:

You know the kind. The ones who get caught with their dicks in another man's ass and choose to humiliate their families while they stand there with their eyes low and mutter about forgiveness and how ashamed they are and blah blah blah. Nobody ever buys the remorse even if it were sincere, so why bother with that shit at all?

Ford at least shrugs and says "Meh, shit happens." That kind of honesty is refreshing.

I'm pretty sure the people of toronto would prefer one that isn't so scandalous at all? Ford's shit happens tract might've worked if he did something once and then stopped, but it's not like he's stopping.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By stonyman65

@animasta said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Meaning there is no political double speak bullshit, no blaming others, no trying to weasel your way out of everything like 99.9% of politicians do...

As much as Ford seems like a shitbag, I have have to give him serious props for being so blunt and honest - even to a fault.

and on an unrelated note, Chrome wants me to correct the word "shitbag" to Toshiba. Oh, Google....
Seriously. Try it out.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Meaning there is no political double speak bullshit, no blaming others, no trying to weasel your way out of everything like 99.9% of politicians do...

As much as Ford seems like a shitbag, I have have to give him serious props for being so blunt and honest - even to a fault.

I'd rather have a dishonest politican that does good rather than a bad politician that's honest.

Hell, the best mayors are the ones you don't hear about very often. I lived in Eugene for 4 years and the only reason I remember that mayor was because she had a funny name (Kitty Piercy).

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@lydian_sel said:

@chrisphil1724 said:

After seeing your comment, I lost an hour reading about Kwame Kilpatrick's adventures in politics. Thanks, it was wildly entertaining!

Meh, Kwame Kilpatrick did things that you kinda expect from a Detroit mayor. Only thing that didn't happen was robocop appearing and kick him in the arse. Toronto on the other hand, you need a guy who can flap his head here and there not some John Candy wannabe. You need the real John Candy for this position.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@animasta said:

@stonyman65 said:

@animasta said:

@oldirtybearon said:

I'd rather have a dishonest politican that does good rather than a bad politician that's honest.

Hell, the best mayors are the ones you don't hear about very often. I lived in Eugene for 4 years and the only reason I remember that mayor was because she had a funny name (Kitty Piercy).

Yes and I want to find a leprechaun and his pot of gold.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By spraynardtatum

Rob Ford reminds me of Lindsey Lohan.