How is this possible?

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Trainer_Red

Ok, so not too long ago I got locked out of my main PSN account. I just tried logging in one day and all my saved info including password and email address were now gone. When I had created it I was underage so I made up an email address, date of birth and even the password which was some random word/number combo that I do not remember.

When my account locked, everything that I had purchased including whole games like The Walking Dead, DLC and online passes for my games that I redeemed using the account were now unavailable for my new account and any other account on my system. Sucks, I know.

But today my little brother's account was able to play Mass Effect 3 online without that annoying redeem option coming up. When I switch back to my account it still asks me type in a redeem code that no longer works.

How is it that he is able to play and i'm not? Is there a way to fix this without completely stealing his account because I will if thats what it comes to. Any help would be nice.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Trying to get some clarification. So which account did you use the ME3 redemption code on?

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Trainer_Red

@Andorski said:

Trying to get some clarification. So which account did you use the ME3 redemption code on?

The one that I can't go on anymore. My main account which is basically dead.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kerned

You are both on the same console though, right? My guess would be that the ME3 redemption code unlocks stuff at a console level, which is why it is still valid for your brother. I would also assume that your account being locked deactivates redemption codes in the same way it deactivates your online purchases.

Sounds like a shitty situation to be in, I wish I had some advice to help you solve the problem. (Don't steal your brother's account though, that's mean.)

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DarthOrange
@Trainer_Red: Did you try contacting Sony customer support? If you explain your situation they might understand. Did you ever put in a credit card in the account or do anything else with the account to tie it to yourself?Maybe if you give customer support your IP Address  they can confirm that the account is yours. And why did your account get signed out? Did it get hacked perhaps?

Also on a side note, Google notified me that some motherfucker in China tried to sign into my account. Aint that some shit? 
No Caption Provided
Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Trainer_Red

@DarthOrange said:

@Trainer_Red: Did you try contacting Sony customer support? If you explain your situation they might understand. Did you ever put in a credit card in the account or do anything else with the account to tie it to yourself?Maybe if you give customer support your IP Address they can confirm that the account is yours. And why did your account get signed out? Did it get hacked perhaps?

Well I figured it wouldn't matter since I don't even know the name of the email address I used. I never used a credit card for the account, only PSN codes. I also have moved like twice since it was made....

I think it was hacked since I can't access anything I purchased from the account. I used this as a lesson and moved on, but now that my little bro is somehow benefiting from the account it's making me angry that I can't even though I payed for everything it contains.

Also on a side note, Google notified me that some motherfucker in China tried to sign into my account. Aint that some shit?
No Caption Provided

Well damn. I would look at this as some sort of achievement of some kind. You were almost hacked by a Chinaman. That's awesome in it's own way if you think about it.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Trainer_Red

@Kerned said:

You are both on the same console though, right? My guess would be that the ME3 redemption code unlocks stuff at a console level, which is why it is still valid for your brother. I would also assume that your account being locked deactivates redemption codes in the same way it deactivates your online purchases.

Sounds like a shitty situation to be in, I wish I had some advice to help you solve the problem. (Don't steal your brother's account though, that's mean.)

This makes sense since his account was active at the same time as my original. Thanks, for helping me figure this out.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Kerned

@Trainer_Red: If you create a new account on the same PS3 couldn't you then access everything on that system? My wife has an account on my PS3 and she can play all of my downloaded stuff. I know your save games, trophies, etc. would be gone, but at least you'd be able to play the games. It's not an idea solution, but based on what you have said I think your account might be gone. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I would do what suggested and try to contact Sony. It can't hurt.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Trainer_Red

@Kerned said:

@Trainer_Red: If you create a new account on the same PS3 couldn't you then access everything on that system? My wife has an account on my PS3 and she can play all of my downloaded stuff. I know your save games, trophies, etc. would be gone, but at least you'd be able to play the games. It's not an idea solution, but based on what you have said I think your account might be gone. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I would do what suggested and try to contact Sony. It can't hurt.

That's what I did. I created a new account right after and all my DLC for MW3, MW2, MK9, ME3 and from what I can see all my other DLC is gone as if I had never purchased it. It's as if my original account is no longer on my system, which is weird because it is.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

Fake emails and passwords are always a bad idea. 
Just fake the age but use your real email, dang it! :P 

But yeah, just try contacting Sony to find out if there's actually anything that can be done about the issue.