• 102 results
#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (742 posts) -

I only own like one pear of jeans and wash them every month or so depending if anything gets stained on them. How long do you wear your jeans before washing them?

#2 Posted by Joker369 (877 posts) -

2-3 days. I'm not some hobo man

#3 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

You're meant to wash them?

#4 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

I do the two day rule, according to the material though you can wear them a lot longer because frequent washing deteriorates them. But for my own personal sanitary reasons and the thought that wearing jeans more than two days is scummy I do not adhere to that philosophy.

#5 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

I have around 7 pairs of jeans in multiple washes and fits. I normally pick 2 or 3 pairs and wear them for a week or two and then wash them. Some of them feel too loose after wearing them for a while so I wash them to get them to fit right again.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

A lot longer than I should.

#7 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

3 days max if there's no major spills or dirt.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I only wear my pants one day, guess it doesn't hurt that I have a lot of them though. 

#9 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Seriously. The beauty of denim is that it doesn't need to be washed like ever. I wait months. I never intentionally wash them. If they are near me when I decide to do laundry then they will get washed. Otherwise l let them become more awesome.

#10 Posted by JacDG (2123 posts) -

5 days.

#11 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

Take advantage of the January sales and buy some new jeans. You wont get any play from the ladies in month old jeans.

#12 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

I rescind my prior comments.

Don't wear pants! Stop being oppressed by the denim dictators! Your legs and dangly bits should run free. Burn your pants, show the oppressors. Death to the washing machine keeping women oppressed for millions of years.

#13 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@blindisaac said:

Some of them feel too loose after wearing them for a while so I wash them to get them to fit right again.

This is what I find. As soon as I feel they aren't fitting well enough (normally 2-3 days), I'll change them.

Work trousers I usually wear for a week.

#14 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I usually wear my trousers 3 to 5 days, depending on the material.

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I usually wear pants once, then burn them and go buy new ones.

#16 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -

jeans are not meant to be washed, the stains tell a story of where they have been.

#17 Posted by pyromagnestir (4323 posts) -

So wearing the same pants multiple days is a thing? Because I always wear any clothes just the one day except for "home" clothes that don't get worn in public or in circumstances that don't allow me to change. Am I the weird one in this?

#18 Posted by Nux (2356 posts) -

I wait 2 days before washing my jeans. If they get too messy I'll wash them the same day I put them on thoe.

#19 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

2 days usually... I feel dirty if I don't.

#20 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

No more then twice before I wash them.

#21 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

I'm a jeans hoarder. I lost track at 30 pairs. My gf enables my continued buying of jeans by buying the more expensive ones I won't buy. I normall wear them 2, maybe 3 times before washing. I sit at my computer most days so it's not like I'm sweating in them and getting them dirty. I used to wash them after every wear but read about how you can go 4 to 5 times before washing. 3 is pushing it for me but anymore seems gross. I had a friend who would throw his dirty clothes in a laundry basket after wearing them. He would dig out what he wanted each day and wash his clothes one every 3 months. Women that we worked with would ask me if he showered because there was this old musky smell all the time.

#22 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

Up to 5-6 days if they arent really dirty

#23 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4486 posts) -

Couple days I guess. 3-5 maybe?

To be honest, I can't stand jeans. They are quite literally a last resort clothing for me. I just find them generally uncomfortable. It's something about the material that just doesn't feel right to me. I'd rock a pair of sweatpants any day of the week over some jeans. Society says you shouldn't wear sweatpants 'in public,' but to that i say "fuck you society, Ima wear me some sweatpants."

#24 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

2-3 days. 5-6 when it comes to my work jeans.

#25 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

about a week before i wash jeans. any sooner is unnecessary unless there's some crazy spillage going on.

#26 Posted by DeF (4887 posts) -

So, can anyone make the joke that they haven't washed their jeans since the last time this exact same thread was made (happened last summer).

#27 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

A lot longer than I should.

#28 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@AcidBrandon18 said:

I only own like one pear of jeans and wash them every month or so depending if anything gets stained on them. How long do you wear your jeans before washing them?

Thats a little excessive. A week max, unless theres a stain, then its instantly in the dirty pile.

#29 Posted by Strife777 (1575 posts) -

I used to only wear them 2 days max. But now I tend to alternate between different pairs for a good couple of days, so I can end up wearing a single pair of jeans 5 or 6 days before I wash them.

I'll also wash them right away if they get really dirty.

#30 Posted by Timing (619 posts) -

@AcidBrandon18 said:

I only own like one pear of jeans

This made me laugh really hard.

And I'm pretty sure this exact thread has been made before. I believe the correct answer is 'as long as they pass the sniff test, but typically no more than a week'.

#31 Posted by Marcsman (3194 posts) -

One wear = one wash. Anything less would be uncivilized. That month long wait to wash made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

#32 Posted by NTM (7374 posts) -

Every time I wear them, and then take them off later that day, I wash them. Sometimes I don't throw them in and keep 'em where I dropped them, so I pick them up and think if I washed them or not, and I'll often just put them on anyways, unless it's clear that they're dirty.

#33 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

I usually get a couple wears out of em before they go in the wash. I do laundry once a week and through anything dirty in there then.

#34 Posted by OtakuGamer (1234 posts) -

2-3 days usually unless there's visible stains.

#35 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Track Pants are where it's at, but I usually wash them every 3 days.

#36 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

I don't wear pants, I feel dirty if I do.

#37 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Couple of weeks at least.

#38 Posted by Ramone (2965 posts) -

Until they're visibly dirty.

#39 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

At least a week sometimes two. It just depends on if they get stained or not. I have a large breed dog that tends to drool all over the place, including my pants. That's the biggest obstacle my pants face, drool.

#40 Posted by SuperSambo (2863 posts) -

The jeans I have on now I have worn at least 2 times a week since September and they have never been washed...

I wash everything else and the idea of wearing a shirt more than twice makes me feel queasy, but jeans just don't need to be cleaned unless strained.

#41 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

No more than 2 days. Because that's gross.

#42 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

I hate jeans! Don't own a single pair

#43 Posted by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -

You guys are weird. Washing jeans every two days? Until something gets spilled on them there's literally nothing that can make them dirty. Unless you don't wear underwear...

#44 Posted by JacDG (2123 posts) -

@Muttinus_Rump said:

You guys are weird. Washing jeans every two days? Until something gets spilled on them there's literally nothing that can make them dirty. Unless you don't wear underwear...

Or roll around in mud, condiments or blood.

#45 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

The rule of the tour bus is to pick a day each month where you hurl your trousers into a tiled wall. If they fall, they're good for wearing. If they stick, it's time to break the crumbs off and shake them around before putting them back on.

#46 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

You have to wash jeans?

Also, why do you care...?

#47 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

I've had these jeans for a few weeks now. They seem fine to me, don't smell bad or nothing.

#48 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@AcidBrandon18 said:

That's nasty.

#49 Posted by 49th (2755 posts) -

I wear them for 1-2 weeks unless they smell or have a stain in which case I will wash them immediately.

#50 Posted by Rudyftw (554 posts) -

Iv'e had my jeans for 2 years and ive probably only washed them 3 times. They are vintage jeans that my grandpa passed down to my dad and then down to me. They fit great look great and I don't want to ruin them.