• 90 results
#1 Posted by mordukai (7830 posts) -

3 days was my cap. It was in a Rock festival. When I came back home I slept for almost a whole a day, 40 minutes shy of 24 hours. My mom told me that I woke up a couple of times to drink and piss and at some point she actually woke me up at because she thought I was dead...I couldn't remember any of it. 

#2 Posted by MrPerfect (448 posts) -

The longest I stayed up for was 51 hours and I doubt I will ever do that again.

#3 Posted by rateoforange (408 posts) -

I stayed up for just under three days at  the Najena jboots camp in EQ.

#4 Posted by FlamingHobo (4769 posts) -

3 Days and a bit, I collapsed.

#5 Posted by mordukai (7830 posts) -

Did any of you had hallucinations  after about two days, I sure fucking did and I wasn't on any kind of drugs...weeeeeeellll not a hallucinatory one at least ;)

#6 Posted by teh_destroyer (3690 posts) -

I have stayed up for 28 hours straight, I worked almost 3 full shifts in that time and by the time I was done with that small blast of Insomnia I was out for 12 hours.

#7 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6649 posts) -

I've never slept my whole life. True story.

#8 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4314 posts) -

ive only stayed up 24hrs, sad i know. but theres nothing i do thats worth staying up for 3 days

#9 Posted by synt4x (191 posts) -

I've been up for around 72 hours at the most. I didn't feel too well after that.

#10 Posted by DarkSeraphim (271 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
"3 days was my cap. It was in a Rock festival. When I came back home I slept for almost a whole a day, 40 minutes shy of 24 hours. My mom told me that I woke up a couple of times to drink and piss and at some point she actually woke me up at because she thought I was dead...I couldn't remember any of it.  "
that's intense. :)
#11 Posted by m_rum (132 posts) -

30 hours. Never again. I need my sleep.

#12 Posted by mordukai (7830 posts) -
@DarkSeraphim: Thanks.
#13 Posted by CSXLoser (603 posts) -

2 days.  I think i was reading some story on the internet that was as long as the harry potter books.  When i realized it was 9 in the morning on the first day, i just pretend and lie to my parents that i did sleep but woke up early.

#14 Posted by ahriman22 (2812 posts) -

5 days and let me tell you... The fucking hallucinations are intense.

#15 Posted by RipTheVeins (1609 posts) -

someone in my old class claimed that he stayed up for 5 days straight doing nothing but playing Fallout 3 to completion. Twice.

I sort of believe him since he was always a little..."off," what-with the bloodshot eyes he had and the fact that he'd shove entire straightened paper-clips completely through his arm so often that it wouldn't even bleed when he did it........funny guy, though.

#16 Posted by mordukai (7830 posts) -
@ahriman22 said:
" 5 days and let me tell you... The fucking hallucinations are intense. "
wow...5 days, how did you managed that? did you take short naps?
#17 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -

i went a week sleeping about a half hour a day..dunno if that counts

#18 Posted by killdave (1079 posts) -

Longest I've been awake for was 16 hou................

#19 Posted by Fallen189 (5329 posts) -

Anyone who says over 3 days is a liar.

A day, nothing is important enough that it can't wait.

#20 Posted by Karmum (11515 posts) -

Probably a little more than a day. I didn't try to go any longer, but I probably could have. I usually nap during free-days, so for me to go a long period of time without sleeping is unlikely.

#21 Posted by Jambones (1726 posts) -

Two days and smidge is about my limit. Then I just fall and sleep where I drop.

#22 Posted by momentarylogic (444 posts) -

3 days during my epic summer before leaving high school, I decided that the hallucinations were not a good sign. I also sleep for an entire day.

#23 Posted by oraknabo (1589 posts) -
@ahriman22 said:
I've had a lot of insomnia in my life and have done this a lot of times and you're right. Once, in college I had to give an oral report on my 4th or 5th day of sleeplessness and everyone in the room had vibrating white lines around them.
#24 Posted by Vinchenzo (6466 posts) -
@oraknabo said:
"@ahriman22 said: 
I've had a lot of insomnia in my life and have done this a lot of times and you're right. Once, in college I had to give an oral report on my 4th or 5th day of sleeplessness and everyone in the room had vibrating white lines around them. "
I laughed at the vibrating white lines remark. When I read it the image popped into my mind.

For me... a little under 24 hours. I've never had sleeping problems that bad, or the urge to stay awake that long. No point because you feel like crap.
#25 Posted by Warfare (1674 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" Anyone who says over 3 days is a liar.A day, nothing is important enough that it can't wait. "
6 days and no this is not a lie.
#26 Posted by ahriman22 (2812 posts) -
@Mordukai: No, I just stayed awake.
#27 Posted by Hector (3523 posts) -

I've gone for about 54hrs and that was during the "Crucible" in boot camp.

#28 Posted by Deathdealer108 (310 posts) -

25 hours was the longest I ever stayed awake. For some stupid reason about 22 or so hours in I drank some coffee. Not a great idea made me feel like shit after little bit and I just crashed. I usually sleep quite well. Never have had any troubles with insomnia but I do know dealing with someone that is an insomniac is uhhhh intersting. Its like dealing with someone who is a druggie. 

#29 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (7028 posts) -

When I worked as an elections administrator, it wasn't unusual for me to put in 32 hours of work without sleep.  I felt like a friggin' zombie after those shifts.

#30 Posted by DarkSeraphim (271 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
"@DarkSeraphim: Thanks."

lol no problem.
#31 Edited by kitsune_conundrum (1240 posts) -

slightly over a week, had a mission and was stuck in the jungles for a bit. it was messed up.

#32 Posted by Matt_ (341 posts) -

I've pulled all nighters and went to bed the following night so around 48. Never fun though.

#33 Posted by TheGremp (2082 posts) -

just a few hours short of 6 days.  I just didn't feel like sleeping that week, so I stayed up playing Left 4 Dead and/or Warcraft 3 all night.

#34 Posted by ShadowKiller (914 posts) -

I went a little over 30 hours before and it wasn't that bad. I think I'd enjoy those hallucinations though just for a laugh.

#35 Posted by epic_pets (1345 posts) -

Just one day, and it was on black friday :)

#36 Posted by mordukai (7830 posts) -
@epic_pets said:
" Just one day, and it was on black friday :) "
this is making me have flashbakcs of Black Friday. I Worked in a Mall for 5 years and in retail for 8 years. Needless to say that I hate Black Friday, they should rename it Psychotic Friday. 
#37 Posted by shakenbake (41 posts) -

around56 hours I think

#38 Posted by epic_pets (1345 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
"
@epic_pets said:
this is making me have flashbakcs of Black Friday. I Worked in a Mall for 5 years and in retail for 8 years. Needless to say that I hate Black Friday, they should rename it Psychotic Friday. 
"

Yeah im never going again.The people get to crazy ,and after that lady dying at black Friday from getting trampled, im scared to go.
#39 Posted by JJOR64 (19571 posts) -

30 hours or so for me.  I love to sleep.  :-)

#40 Posted by Psyx2 (405 posts) -

Only around 24 hours. I get really loopy.

#41 Posted by mordukai (7830 posts) -
@epic_pets said:
"
@Mordukai said:
"
@epic_pets said:
"
Yeah im never going again.The people get to crazy ,and after that lady dying at black Friday from getting trampled, im scared to go. "
So you went as a shopper, eh. Try doing a black friday as a an employee or a store manager. 
#42 Posted by epic_pets (1345 posts) -
@Mordukai:
Yikes, holding back those crowds would almost be impossible.
#43 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1365 posts) -

8 hours maybe

#44 Posted by SinGulaR (2483 posts) -

I think I have already posted in an other thread on this site that my longest was 3 and a half days playing doom. On the last day I had mild hallucinations in school. That was when I finally decided to get some sleep :D

#45 Posted by Black_Rose (7772 posts) -

3 days I think a few months ago in a trip with my friends, none of us slept really, I think I was the first one to collapse.

#46 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

ask me how long i went SLEEPING

28 hours.

(but to answer your question, my record is 36 hours)
#47 Posted by iam3green (14368 posts) -

24 hours, it was ok

#48 Posted by Leopard (111 posts) -

Three days and a couple of hours.

#49 Posted by Akeldama (4336 posts) -

4 2/3 days.

Will be topping that soon. Hallucinations are fucking awesome :O 
#50 Posted by Suicrat (3829 posts) -

In February 2006, I quit my job as a security guard (working overnight security, on average from 8pm to 6am 5-6 days a week), I also quit smoking pot at the time. I had used it to help me get to sleep at non-normal hours (i.e., getting to bed at 10 am to wake up at 6pm), but I tried to quit cold turkey, and so I went without sleep for the next 11 days. My friends told me I started behaving rather crazily by the end of it, and eventually I passed out in a chair in my backyard.