• 109 results
#1 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

I procrastinate, you procrastinate. The question is how long do you guys put off doing important shit? Are you the type that waits until the night before or morning of?

In my case, I'm putting off a paper for my psych class and another for english, which are due tomorrow sometime. I am at least chipping away at my english one, a paragraph here, another one there. I also shouldn't be using this thread as another reason to delay.......but........CURSE YOU INTERNET!

#2 Posted by kingzetta (4497 posts) -

In fact I do things early so I don't have to do them later.

#3 Edited by Conker (1005 posts) -

I used to be really really bad (or good?) at procrastinating up until last semester. This semester, I dunno, something changed, and I procrastinate much less! I still do it, but not to the extent of night before morning of. Now its more night before the night before. Occasionally still the night before though.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#4 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6117 posts) -
@Afroman269: Um....why delay something when you have the option of never doing it?
#5 Posted by Hichael (194 posts) -

Since I'm homeschooled I will procrastinate, all my work is online so I tend to get distracted easily. But I'll wait till almost the end of the semester to do most of my work.

#6 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming: That line of thinking was like a drug that I severely abused in my early days of high school. I managed to slide on through by destroying tests but I killed that attitude shortly before starting college. Now I just procrastinate most of the time........PROGRESSION!!!
#7 Posted by teh_destroyer (3693 posts) -
@DRZako said:
" Since I'm homeschooled I will procrastinate, all my work is online so I tend to get distracted easily. But I'll wait till almost the end of the semester to do most of my work. "
and MASTURBATE.
#8 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5917 posts) -

I used to leave things until the night before.

That all changed after I had to stay up until 6 AM to finish a paper that was due two hours later.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#9 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6117 posts) -
@Afroman269: You've turned your back on the old ways!!!!!1YOU'VE BETRAYED THE BROTHERHOOD OF UNDERACHIEVERS!!!!!!!
#10 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan: I almost got to a situation like that. I'm afraid that my grades will probably have to drop for me to start adapting a new way of doing things. I've managed to consistently get high ass grades which is unfortunately reinforcing my current method of dealing with stuff. 
#11 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

It varies for me.

#12 Posted by SlightConfuse (3996 posts) -

i tend to do start things before they are due but i tend to do part of a paper and they procastinate

#13 Posted by Stepside (559 posts) -

I'll answer this thread in detail later.

#14 Posted by Claude (16648 posts) -

Why do today, what you can put off 'til tomorrow.

#15 Posted by Shirogane (3617 posts) -

Still going, i'll tell ya how long it's been when i finally decide to stop.
#16 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@Stepside said:
" I'll answer this thread in detail later. "
i see what you did there.
#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6279 posts) -
@Afroman269:  Pffft, that's nothing. I don't start till an hour before it's due. Probably why my GPA has really tanked this semester.
Avatar image for the_dark_guardian
#18 Posted by The_Dark_Guardian (47 posts) -

I always wait until the night before and sometimes for afternoon classes i wait until the morning of. My GPA has yet to drop because of it so i guess its working

#19 Posted by Matfei90 (1279 posts) -

I procrastinate too much. If I could just focus and get shit done I'd be fine, but I'm incapable of mustering that kind of effort until it's down to the wire.

#20 Posted by Surkov (1019 posts) -

The very last minute

#21 Posted by pwnasaurus (1298 posts) -

until it can't be put off any longer i waited the night before to do a term paper i didn't sleep and i did finish it I even got an A but yea the last second.

#22 Posted by ShaggE (8046 posts) -

Years. I've still not gotten around to things that I started 10 years ago, but haven't taken off the backburner.  

Laziness would be my middle name, if only I could be bothered to go get it changed. 

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

It's 1:00 AM here and I have an important chemistry exam today at 9:15 AM that I didn't study for at all yet.

#24 Edited by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

" @Afroman269:  Pffft, that's nothing. I don't start till an hour before it's due. Probably why my GPA has really tanked this semester. "

night of and into the late hours is typical for me, but I somehow come out on top grade wise which is why I don't bother changing. I'm thinking that I'll have to change that again though once I transfer to grad school. 

@FluxWaveZ said:
" It's 1:00 AM here and I have an important chemistry exam today at 9:15 AM that I didn't study for at all yet. "
I barely study. I'm pretty good at absorbing most of the content through lectures. I think the only times I studied were for classes that had a load of theories, vocab, etc which I guess would be the case in chemistry. The hard sciences, like bio and chemistry are my weak points when it comes to remembering shit. I'm way better with the soft sciences.
#25 Posted by nick_verissimo (1445 posts) -

I've got a 20 page review article on Mass Spectrometry techniques in the pharmaceutical industry due Tuesday of which I've written only 7 pages of.  By responding to this topic, I must admit that, I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON AND PROCRASTINATE!!! 
That feels better...oh, fuck 
 I still only have 7 pages done...

#26 Edited by JJWeatherman (14885 posts) -

As long as humanly possible? That seems accurate, at least.

#27 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@nick_verissimo: Damn man. You would probably still be doing better than me though if I was in that field. 20 pages? Doing 1, maybe 2 tonight and the rest tomorrow sounds totally reasonable to me. 
#28 Posted by sarge1445 (736 posts) -
@nick_verissimo said:
" I've got a 20 page review article on Mass Spectrometry techniques in the pharmaceutical industry due Tuesday of which I've written only 7 pages of.  By responding to this topic, I must admit that, I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON AND PROCRASTINATE!!! That feels better...oh, fuck  I still only have 7 pages done... "
20 pages dear jesus. Here I am complaining about 9
#29 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -

A bit now, compared to a lot before. ahah

#30 Posted by nick_verissimo (1445 posts) -
@Afroman269: Haha...the content is dry, but it's easy to write once you get going, seeing as I managed to write a whole other page in 20 minutes.  Noticed you mentioned you're thinking of going to grad school. What're you planning on studying? I'm always interested in hearing about people's area's of research. 

@sarge1445: Dude, I complain when I have 5 page papers to do, so don't feel bad.  I'm in this situation because I didn't realize the class I was taking was for 4th year undergrads and 1st year grad students.
#31 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (275 posts) -
@Afroman269: I've got 6 law school exams in a little more than a week and here I am on Giantbomb talking about how I have 6 law school exams in a little more than a week. Gulp.
#32 Posted by c_rakestraw (925 posts) -

I procrastinate all the time. Even if I need to get something done desperately, I tend to just sit around and browse the 'Net instead. My work ethic is absolutely terrible, as it turns out. No motivation whatsoever to get things done. Really should get to fixing that, but... well, you know.

#33 Posted by firewrkninja (244 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
" @Afroman269: Um....why delay something when you have the option of never doing it? "
#34 Posted by artofwar420 (6904 posts) -

20-odd years of procrastination right here.

#35 Posted by Hourai (2738 posts) -

I'm finishing up my highschool courses online and I haven't handed in any work for over a month now. Yeah. 

#36 Posted by anarchyzombie9 (628 posts) -

I meant to post in this thread yesterday...FUCK

Avatar image for randominternetuser
#37 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -

Fucking SO long.  I've never missed a due date for an assignment though unless I was sick, but it is stressful as hell when I procrastinate and then have to go balls to the walls on a big ass project in a day or two.

#38 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@nick_verissimo My major is psychology. Probably going into clinical psychology.
#39 Posted by Jethuty (1052 posts) -

how i like to procrastinate?  

loooooong and hard baby....

#40 Posted by Gizmo (5467 posts) -

I'm an art student, so I can rush my work and make it look like modern art.

#41 Posted by drag (1212 posts) -

I'll let you know when I stop.

#42 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1993 posts) -

too long.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
#43 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6500 posts) -

I have a paper for history due in roughly three hours. I've yet to start.

#44 Posted by Kyreo (4683 posts) -

I'll put it off until I only have three days left and then I wake up that morning and play this sound on a loud sound system. 

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
#45 Posted by weegieanawrench (1964 posts) -

I'm pretty bad about procrastinating, I often wait until the night before to write a research report or essay. Sometimes I'm even searching for references, yet somehow, I don't give a damn. I'd like to know why I procrastinate, I kind of want to stop.

#46 Posted by xplodedd (1379 posts) -

it actually depends on the subject

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14759 posts) -

12 inches.

#48 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

I used to be a horrible procrastinator in high school. The worst example I can think of is when I wrote all 11 pages  of my senior research paper in one night, from like 7 at night till 6 in the morning.
Ive gotten better in college though because its a lot harder to do what I did in high school and not have my work turn out to be a steaming pile of shit.

#49 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
"It's 1:00 AM here and I have an important chemistry exam today at 9:15 AM that I didn't study for at all yet. "

Just to update: I fucking destroyed that test. I did really well, especially for someone who hadn't studied much (ended up sleeping at 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM from midnight).
#50 Posted by Tebbit (4586 posts) -

I procrastinate until the job gets done.

Or until it all blows over, whichever comes first.