• 86 results
#1 Posted by Aegon (5769 posts) -

You could answer this as if it were a literal question or philosophical.

#2 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

All of the frames.

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I usually get 50-60 but sometimes it will dip down to 30.

#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

A picture says a thousand words... and life is like a bunch of moving pictures... soooo two thousand?

#5 Posted by Kierkegaard (605 posts) -

Depends on how much I blink and how many explosions are happening around me at the time, which also affects the blinking, because I am not that dude from Apocalypse Now.

#6 Posted by captain_clayman (3326 posts) -

i can't tell if this is a real question or not.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

Is Ubersampling enabled?

#8 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

@captain_clayman said:

I don't know what is real anymore.

#9 Posted by believer258 (12106 posts) -

I don't think the human eye works that way, and I have no philosophical discussion to give on the matter

#10 Posted by EVO (3932 posts) -

I dunno the math, but every time we blink that's a new frame.

#11 Posted by Zeik (2673 posts) -

I read this as "how many females per second" at first.

#12 Edited by Sumbog (497 posts) -

I installed the HD textures and Im still not getting a dip, pretty smooth, probs even better than Call of Duties frame rate. 61 locked in baby.

Couple days ago I hit my head, went down to about 3-4 frames a second.

#13 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

These people are paying for my salary.

#14 Posted by Aegon (5769 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I don't think the human eye works that way, and I have no philosophical discussion to give on the matter

There's actually a literal answer that's not just basically "all of the frames", but it's not just a number either.

#15 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1805 posts) -

Have you enabled V-Synch?

#16 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

Fuck I need to move out of the country.
#17 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10336 posts) -

I wouldn't exactly consider life a series of frames.

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Never enough.

#20 Posted by Daiphyer (1350 posts) -
#21 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Unlimited frames. 

But if you get high enough, it drops to about 20.

#22 Posted by eroticfishcake (7787 posts) -

60. Unless something terrible happens such as accidentally dropping a cup in which it slows down to 20 FPS and all you can do is stand there and watch.

#23 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5077 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

Have you enabled V-Synch?

Are you crazy? Turn that off! It will just ruin your eyes.

#24 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Well the human eye doesn't perceive things as frames, it has to do with the constant sensory input of light signals to the brain. Although if we're talking about the actual movement of atoms then it's sort of impossible to tell due to the act of observing quantum states directly changes the outcome.

#25 Posted by DystopiaX (5352 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

More like good graphics, no gameplay 2/10

#26 Posted by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

60. Unless something terrible happens such as accidentally dropping a cup in which it slows down to 20 FPS and all you can do is stand there and watch.

Or when you're dipping a rich tea biccie into your mug, and suddenly it breaks. Everything slows down to at least 10-12 as I'm forced to watch in horror as it plummets into the tea. I'm pretty sure things turn black & white for a few seconds, too.

#27 Posted by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

@Daiphyer said:

More like good graphics, no gameplay 2/10

Controls are pretty bad as well. Plus the pause button never works!

#28 Posted by TheCableKid (206 posts) -

If your in the United States 30

If your in Europe 25

#29 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

You're going to have to smoke bath salts or ask Mr. Owl for the real answer.

#30 Edited by eroticfishcake (7787 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@eroticfishcake said:

Or when you're dipping a rich tea biccie into your mug, and suddenly it breaks. Everything slows down to at least 10-12 as I'm forced to watch in horror as it plummets into the tea. I'm pretty sure things turn black & white for a few seconds, too.

You too? Pro-tip. Ginger nut cookies work better since they don't perceive themselves as loose sponges.

@mscupcakes said:

Well the human eye doesn't perceive things as frames, it has to do with the constant sensory input of light signals to the brain. Although if we're talking about the actual movement of atoms then it's sort of impossible to tell due to the act of observing quantum states directly changes the outcome.

Er...well. A pigeon sees up to 120 FPS which is why they only fly away from your car at the last second. So yeah, I'm smart too!...

:(

Edit: Okay it seems that I was wrong about the pigeons. They actually need to see up to 75 FPS to create the illusion of movement if they're to watch a feature film (which would typically run at 24 FPS). This is important damn it! Also another fun fact about pigeons; the top half of the eye sees far distances while the bottom half is used to see close-up.

#31 Posted by Thompson820 (410 posts) -

How many Planck times are in a second? That's the frame rate of reality.

Of course that's still only a human thing, in reality time probably isn't divided into frames.

#32 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

At times, it can resemble a slideshow.

#33 Posted by Redbullet685 (6068 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

All of the frames.

I was gonna say this.

#34 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

0, there are no frames. It is just existance.

#35 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur

All of the frames.

Was going to post that
#36 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -

what you mean is how many frames-per-second are our eyes. I think in fact it varies, it's been proven our eyes can notice frames less than 1/200th of a second, but at the same time, if you turn your head for instance, you are actually momentarily blind. So if you're moving around a lot you're actually at very low framerate and/or experience constant framerate dips.

I think this all might explain why people judge framerate in gaming wildly different from one another. But for me the fact is while focusing on a still picture (i.e. the monitor) both bad framerate and good framerate is much easier to notice therefore framerate matters a lot.

#37 Posted by Mendelson9 (408 posts) -

@KaosAngel said:

I would like to know how your "mini bio" came to be.

#38 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

0, there are no frames. It is just existance.

That's pretty deep bro.

#39 Posted by biospank (660 posts) -

Is it not so that you're eyes can't go past 70fps or something? So would it not make some logical sense that is around there, and also you can also see at the microlevel where stuff goes above 120fps.

#40 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

Kind of interested to know the actual answer to this. I know your eyes can only see like 90-120 FPS or something.

#41 Edited by bybeach (4978 posts) -

I think we are analogue. That is, no number like that would describe it. Though if quantum loop gravity theory holds, it may be discrete rather than continuous in the end..so there could be some kind of measure perhaps.But we do fight a limitation, that we are what..I think 1/35 of a second in time behind the event we experience It is the length of time it takes for the info to reach our brain, due largely to our chemical/electrical transference. That is if the event is close so that it is not measurably fightingthe speed of light, sound etc.

#42 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

@captain_clayman said:

I don't know what is real anymore.

#43 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Depends on your IRLGPU.

#44 Posted by Goof (33 posts) -

Normal everyday life runs around 30.

But if you start walking down a high school hallway in between classes, that shit slows down to about 90. Especially when you walk past the jocks and super hot cheerleaders.

#45 Posted by jonano (366 posts) -

Would you say energy drinks are like overclocking your body to get more frames ?

#46 Posted by SexyToad (2759 posts) -

I installed a new graphic card recently so now I get a good 550.

#47 Posted by Chadster (326 posts) -

Alright, real talk:

As far as humans go, I've heard conflicting reports. Some say that the human eye can only parse about 28 fps (we can detect higher framerates as a smoother picture, but cannot individually parse each frame at that point). Others say that 24-28 fps is just the lower limit for human eyesight, below which we would notice stuttering in a video, but we can still process higher framerates up to a debatable upper boundary (about 60 fps seems to be a common claim).

As far as the universe goes? Well, Planck time is basically the smallest unit of time, because current quantum mechanics theories dictate that any instances of the universe separated by less than a Planck time are indistinguishable from each other (read the Wikipedia article to understand). So if you take one instance of the universe as a frame, the fps of the universe would be the number of Planck times in a second, or about 1.855x10^43 fps.

#48 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Infinity. Persistence in vision, on the other hand, varies from person to person and depends on what part of the eye you're seeing the object with and in what state of mind as well as how fast it's moving.

#49 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

Infinity. Persistence in vision, on the other hand, varies from person to person and depends on what part of the eye you're seeing the object with and in what state of mind as well as how fast it's moving.

I agree with the second sentence.

#50 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

Yeah, I believe the human eye can see 60 frames per second. But if time slows down, wouldnt the FPS then increase but then be played at the speed of 60 FPS? Because 20 FPS would be like a slide show but 120 FPS slowed down would seem like what we imagine when we think of slow motion? I say this because Im pretty sure high speed cameras record a large number of frames per second but then just play those frames back at a slower speed. Kinda like when you put your record player on the slow speed but play it with a record that is supposed to be played at a faster RPM.