#1 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I tend to spend 3-8 hours a day on Giant Bomb depending on what I have planned for the day. So how many hours do you spend on Giant Bomb?

#2 Edited by JacDG (2127 posts) -

A couple of hours a day in the weekends when all the premium stuff is ready - good content to help mend the hangovers I usually deal with. Other than that, maybe 10 minutes on the average weekday.

#3 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

@jacdg: I tend to watch the reviews a lot and other free videos since I am not a paid member yet. Also too I have started editing pages earning some wikipoints.

#4 Posted by Panelhopper (192 posts) -

I'd say about 8-9 hours altogether, though only in 1 hour blocks

#5 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

Should have been a poll. I spend an hourish everyday. More when I watch the longer videos.

#6 Edited by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

@skytylz said:

Should have been a poll. I spend an hourish everyday. More when I watch the longer videos.

For some reason it would not let me.

#7 Posted by vikingdeath1 (982 posts) -

I'll rewatch old videos while doing work or playing pokemon pretty frequently.

Add watching all the new content daily and...... Far too many hours than is probably healthy.

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

15 minutes I guess.

#9 Posted by Phoenix654 (262 posts) -

It's my home page, so I skim it anytime I open my browser... depends on if there's and interesting/funny quick look to view, a review to read or well written Klepek article to peruse. I'd say, maybe 1/2 hour a day in an average week.

#10 Posted by Milkman (17028 posts) -

Too many, probably.

#11 Posted by joshwent (2297 posts) -

#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (5809 posts) -

Over the week I'd say it probably averages out to about an hour per day on actual content, and maybe an hour and a half where I'm actively on the forums, and not just refreshing or in another window.

#13 Edited by Evilsbane (4649 posts) -

Per day? It is all over the place I only rarely do reruns except for the occasional Noby Noby Boy replay because that quicklook is a classic.

And I have seen everything because I watch it as it comes out so whatever they put out per day is what I am watching.

#14 Edited by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

If I have time I will generally watch anything posted that day before I go to bed, so about 3 to 4 hours with forum browsing as well.

#15 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Does refreshing the front page count? If not, probably 5 minutes on average.

#16 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

@grissefar: Why don't you spend that much time on here? There are a ton of videos and other content to look at.

#17 Edited by Sterling (2459 posts) -

2-4 hours on average. Depending what new content there is. Usually at least 2 hours between browsing the forums and checking back to see if there is new content posted.

#18 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

1-2 hours on the forums over 7-8 visits I'd guess, then I watch most quicklooks and most of the subscriber stuff so probably 2-3 hours on average.

I spend too much time here it seems...

#19 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Well in theory i generally keep a giantbomb tab open all the time. Actually doing stuff on the site? i dunno. I don't keep track

#20 Posted by mems1224 (259 posts) -

Way more than I care to admit. Sooo many videos, so little time. Im still going back and watching old Unprofessional Fridays, TNTs and whatever else I missed.

#21 Edited by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Not very long. I mostly use the site for reading articles. Otherwise I use Youtube for the videos and iTunes for the podcasts. If I want premium videos I usually just download them and watch locally. Bombin' in the AM is great to attend if I can though.

#22 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

I barely touch the front page anymore. I just hang out in the forums. I would say I spend about 1-2 hours a day.

#23 Edited by ftrevelin (73 posts) -

2-3 hours a day I think... man, admitting that is kinda creepy :P

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -

Quite a lot although in chunks across the day checking in periodically. I mostly participate in the forums as you might guess with my 11k post count. Although I will watch videos and livestreams that interest me. My latest favorite thing is on days Im not working trying to catch the morning show live while I lean back and sip me some coffee.

#25 Posted by VoshiNova (1698 posts) -
#26 Edited by Budwyzer (598 posts) -

I'm at work for 9 hours, but I have an hour for lunch. So I spend 8 hours on Giantbomb each day. :)

#27 Posted by Chaser324 (6650 posts) -

This is one of those things I'm probably better off not thinking about.

#28 Edited by Shadow (4981 posts) -

These days? Almost zero. I have a job and shit. I'm about half a year behind on bombcasts still love the site though and I still wear the GB shirt I won when you couldn't buy them yet (my favorite shirt to wear to the airport)

#29 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@grissefar: Why don't you spend that much time on here? There are a ton of videos and other content to look at.

I don't know man, I did once but these days I'd like to think my time is worth more, you know? I could watch a movie or a show instead, or actually play a game instead of watching men do it. But I do use Giant Bomb stuff for background noise, sort of like the Bombcast. And also Giant Bomb Quick Looks that are worth watching are just so few and far between, you know? And I love Patrick for his journalism because God knows this industry needs some of that, but in videos he is pretty dang boring man.

#30 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

@cynicalbuzzard said:

I don't know man, I did once but these days I'd like to think my time is worth more, you know? I could watch a movie or a show instead, or actually play a game instead of watching men do it. But I do use Giant Bomb stuff for background noise, sort of like the Bombcast. And also Giant Bomb Quick Looks that are worth watching are just so few and far between, you know? And I love Patrick for his journalism because God knows this industry needs some of that, but in videos he is pretty dang boring man.

I do not spend all of my time on here either, I tend to spend a hour here and there on here. Most days it is only 3 hours, I find this site to be very entertaining and useful.

#31 Edited by slyspider (1285 posts) -

hmmm like 3-4 unless im playing a game like dark souls, then i use my second monitor to stream gb while i play

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Add up all the answers in this thread, and that would be half the time I spend on Giant Bomb.

#33 Posted by SARRISS (152 posts) -

Technically 1hr collectively per day but with the videos downloaded I spend more like 2-4 per day. Mind you I don't use forums much at all.

#34 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@grissefar said:

@cynicalbuzzard said:

I do not spend all of my time on here either, I tend to spend a hour here and there on here. Most days it is only 3 hours, I find this site to be very entertaining and useful.

Yeah it's all preference man, you like what you like, it's just that a lot of people don't have 3 hours to themselves a day and I have a lot more so I would at least like to think I spend it well but often I'm not good at that and so I feel ashamed for it but hey, I've watched both Endurance Runs back in the day so I'm not one to talk.

#35 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

So much content so little time!

#36 Edited by axlvandamme (101 posts) -

7-8 hours??!!! Do you people NOT have jobs? Depends on the content for me. < 30 minutes unless there is some Quick Looks I'm interested in.

#37 Posted by Cubical (637 posts) -

Zero

#38 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5801 posts) -

2much

#39 Posted by edsone (268 posts) -

I visit the site many times and sometimes leave it opened. Despite this however I usually only spend about 15~30 mins a day at most. Sometimes I stop to watch something when I have the time. I take more time when I post something like this. However I can spend months without posting a single thing. When you consider I've been here since the beginning (like many of you) I've got a very low post count.

like @axlvandamme I do wonder how some people manage to have so much time on their hands. People work, study, do uh... all sorts of stuff. Even on my free time, as much as I love the site, there are a lot of things I want to do besides "giabtbombing".

#40 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

It varies. Sometimes it can be one hour, sometimes it can be a few. I need to keep up with moderation stuff, but sometimes there's more work to do than other times, or sometimes I have more free time than others.

#41 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

EIght to nine hours? What the fuck, guys? I don't mean to disrespect but this is kinda sad. Don't you have real people to interact with?

I spend like 15 minutes a day on Giantbomb. Since 2008.

#42 Posted by medacris (666 posts) -

Not that many. People don't really talk to me here (I wish it wasn't the case, but oh well), and I've been straying from editing stuff since the Save button appears to have broken, and doesn't always save my progress.

#43 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

10-30 minutes. I mostly just download the premium content once it's been posted.

#44 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

10-15 minutes. I love reading and posting on the forums, but sometimes lack of news or such to discuss makes the visits shorter.

#45 Edited by zFUBARz (632 posts) -

like 24 hours?

I pretty much always have it open in a tab in my browser. Even if I'm not actively paying attention to it.

#46 Edited by DriveupLife (918 posts) -

I'd say about 45 minutes a day.

#47 Posted by Humanity (9596 posts) -

Way too much.

#48 Edited by Tireyo (6446 posts) -

Anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

#49 Edited by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

It tends to vary. Maybe an hour, maybe way too many hours. A lot of refreshing the Forums page when I'm bored.

#50 Posted by ghostyTrickster (318 posts) -

Depends. I'll watch Quick Looks as they come out, read the articles that interest me. At the least, 40 minutes probably. If I have to study, I'll put on some subscriber videos for background noise, so I spend more time then.