How many hours do you spend daily on Giant Bomb?

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I tend to spend 3-8 hours a day on Giant Bomb depending on what I have planned for the day. So how many hours do you spend on Giant Bomb?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By jacdg

A couple of hours a day in the weekends when all the premium stuff is ready - good content to help mend the hangovers I usually deal with. Other than that, maybe 10 minutes on the average weekday.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdg: I tend to watch the reviews a lot and other free videos since I am not a paid member yet. Also too I have started editing pages earning some wikipoints.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd say about 8-9 hours altogether, though only in 1 hour blocks

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have been a poll. I spend an hourish everyday. More when I watch the longer videos.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CynicalBuzzard

@skytylz said:

Should have been a poll. I spend an hourish everyday. More when I watch the longer videos.

For some reason it would not let me.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll rewatch old videos while doing work or playing pokemon pretty frequently.

Add watching all the new content daily and...... Far too many hours than is probably healthy.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

15 minutes I guess.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

It's my home page, so I skim it anytime I open my browser... depends on if there's and interesting/funny quick look to view, a review to read or well written Klepek article to peruse. I'd say, maybe 1/2 hour a day in an average week.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Too many, probably.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Over the week I'd say it probably averages out to about an hour per day on actual content, and maybe an hour and a half where I'm actively on the forums, and not just refreshing or in another window.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Evilsbane

Per day? It is all over the place I only rarely do reruns except for the occasional Noby Noby Boy replay because that quicklook is a classic.

And I have seen everything because I watch it as it comes out so whatever they put out per day is what I am watching.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By SeanCoughing

If I have time I will generally watch anything posted that day before I go to bed, so about 3 to 4 hours with forum browsing as well.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does refreshing the front page count? If not, probably 5 minutes on average.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar: Why don't you spend that much time on here? There are a ton of videos and other content to look at.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sterling

2-4 hours on average. Depending what new content there is. Usually at least 2 hours between browsing the forums and checking back to see if there is new content posted.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

1-2 hours on the forums over 7-8 visits I'd guess, then I watch most quicklooks and most of the subscriber stuff so probably 2-3 hours on average.

I spend too much time here it seems...

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well in theory i generally keep a giantbomb tab open all the time. Actually doing stuff on the site? i dunno. I don't keep track

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way more than I care to admit. Sooo many videos, so little time. Im still going back and watching old Unprofessional Fridays, TNTs and whatever else I missed.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By aleryn

Not very long. I mostly use the site for reading articles. Otherwise I use Youtube for the videos and iTunes for the podcasts. If I want premium videos I usually just download them and watch locally. Bombin' in the AM is great to attend if I can though.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I barely touch the front page anymore. I just hang out in the forums. I would say I spend about 1-2 hours a day.

ftrevelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ftrevelin

2-3 hours a day I think... man, admitting that is kinda creepy :P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Quite a lot although in chunks across the day checking in periodically. I mostly participate in the forums as you might guess with my 11k post count. Although I will watch videos and livestreams that interest me. My latest favorite thing is on days Im not working trying to catch the morning show live while I lean back and sip me some coffee.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Budwyzer

I'm at work for 9 hours, but I have an hour for lunch. So I spend 8 hours on Giantbomb each day. :)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27 chaser324  Moderator

This is one of those things I'm probably better off not thinking about.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Shadow

These days? Almost zero. I have a job and shit. I'm about half a year behind on bombcasts still love the site though and I still wear the GB shirt I won when you couldn't buy them yet (my favorite shirt to wear to the airport)

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar: Why don't you spend that much time on here? There are a ton of videos and other content to look at.

I don't know man, I did once but these days I'd like to think my time is worth more, you know? I could watch a movie or a show instead, or actually play a game instead of watching men do it. But I do use Giant Bomb stuff for background noise, sort of like the Bombcast. And also Giant Bomb Quick Looks that are worth watching are just so few and far between, you know? And I love Patrick for his journalism because God knows this industry needs some of that, but in videos he is pretty dang boring man.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cynicalbuzzard said:

I don't know man, I did once but these days I'd like to think my time is worth more, you know? I could watch a movie or a show instead, or actually play a game instead of watching men do it. But I do use Giant Bomb stuff for background noise, sort of like the Bombcast. And also Giant Bomb Quick Looks that are worth watching are just so few and far between, you know? And I love Patrick for his journalism because God knows this industry needs some of that, but in videos he is pretty dang boring man.

I do not spend all of my time on here either, I tend to spend a hour here and there on here. Most days it is only 3 hours, I find this site to be very entertaining and useful.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slyspider

hmmm like 3-4 unless im playing a game like dark souls, then i use my second monitor to stream gb while i play

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Add up all the answers in this thread, and that would be half the time I spend on Giant Bomb.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically 1hr collectively per day but with the videos downloaded I spend more like 2-4 per day. Mind you I don't use forums much at all.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar said:

@cynicalbuzzard said:

I do not spend all of my time on here either, I tend to spend a hour here and there on here. Most days it is only 3 hours, I find this site to be very entertaining and useful.

Yeah it's all preference man, you like what you like, it's just that a lot of people don't have 3 hours to themselves a day and I have a lot more so I would at least like to think I spend it well but often I'm not good at that and so I feel ashamed for it but hey, I've watched both Endurance Runs back in the day so I'm not one to talk.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much content so little time!

axlvandamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By axlvandamme

7-8 hours??!!! Do you people NOT have jobs? Depends on the content for me. < 30 minutes unless there is some Quick Looks I'm interested in.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zero

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

2much

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I visit the site many times and sometimes leave it opened. Despite this however I usually only spend about 15~30 mins a day at most. Sometimes I stop to watch something when I have the time. I take more time when I post something like this. However I can spend months without posting a single thing. When you consider I've been here since the beginning (like many of you) I've got a very low post count.

like @axlvandamme I do wonder how some people manage to have so much time on their hands. People work, study, do uh... all sorts of stuff. Even on my free time, as much as I love the site, there are a lot of things I want to do besides "giabtbombing".

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

It varies. Sometimes it can be one hour, sometimes it can be a few. I need to keep up with moderation stuff, but sometimes there's more work to do than other times, or sometimes I have more free time than others.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EIght to nine hours? What the fuck, guys? I don't mean to disrespect but this is kinda sad. Don't you have real people to interact with?

I spend like 15 minutes a day on Giantbomb. Since 2008.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that many. People don't really talk to me here (I wish it wasn't the case, but oh well), and I've been straying from editing stuff since the Save button appears to have broken, and doesn't always save my progress.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10-30 minutes. I mostly just download the premium content once it's been posted.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10-15 minutes. I love reading and posting on the forums, but sometimes lack of news or such to discuss makes the visits shorter.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zFUBARz

like 24 hours?

I pretty much always have it open in a tab in my browser. Even if I'm not actively paying attention to it.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DriveupLife

I'd say about 45 minutes a day.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Way too much.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By Tireyo

Anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Capum15

It tends to vary. Maybe an hour, maybe way too many hours. A lot of refreshing the Forums page when I'm bored.