• 82 results
#1 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

#2 Edited by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

I have moved 6 times in 4 different states due to my father’s job transfers and lateral moves. This will be subject to change as my mom and I (sadly without my dad this time since he passed) are going to move to Tennessee by summer’s end and make a new start… making it a possible 7th time and the 5th state that I’ll live in.

Kentucky, West Virginia, Alabama, Virginia, and hopefully Tennessee!

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

Many times. It's hard to imagine living a life without any form of movement, especially since a lot of our movements are voluntary.

#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

#5 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: You're such smartass. =-P Really, how many places/homes have you lived in?

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@Tireyo643:

Not counting the boarding school of my youth, just my castle.

#7 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Definitively in double digits...

#8 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

@xobballox: Well, it looks like I forgot a number! Dammit.

#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12389 posts) -

once, last year. fuck that.

#10 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Do you have a big or a small castle?

#11 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

Louisiana > Florida > Texas > Germany > Florida > 10 months traveling around > California

#12 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

@hoossy: Why did you go to Germany?

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@Tireyo643:

It's pretty large.

#14 Posted by Sparklykiss (1908 posts) -

I've moved twice and I was barely old enough to remember the second one pretty well.

#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

4 times for me.

#17 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1295 posts) -

Six times, but all in Texas.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@Tireyo643 said:

Buckinghamshire

What a fake-ass name.

#19 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Tireyo643 said:

Buckinghamshire

What a fake-ass name.

I can agree with you on that.

#20 Posted by mscupcakes (610 posts) -

I've never moved, although I'm planning on getting an apartment closer to the city.

#21 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (486 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Many times. It's hard to imagine living a life without any form of movement, especially since a lot of our movements are voluntary.

This is why I still come to these forums. For stuff like this from The King.

#22 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

@Tireyo643 said:

@hoossy: Why did you go to Germany?

Stepfather was transferred there by the Air Force, for 5 years. Luckily I was old enough to really get something out of the experience. I am very grateful for it.

#23 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

@hoossy: Would you want to go back to Germany to live there, or are you happy with where you live now?

#24 Edited by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

My mom is basically a pile of human garbage and unfortunately I had to live with her my entire childhood so that meant we moved a lot, every year pretty much, so many step dads... One guy was a martial artist!

I have been sitting here counting for a while and I believe the final tally I came up with was 17, which ain't bad.

#25 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

I've moved once when I was 2 and been living in the same house since. Might be moving out sometime this year and moving in with my Dad.

#26 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

8. Portland,Gresham, Salem (two places there), Reno, Eugene (two places there), Las Vegas (two places here)

it sucks

#27 Edited by Jeust (10334 posts) -

Never moved. Once I was about to, but didn't happen.

Good luck in Tenesse Tyreo.

#28 Posted by benpicko (1923 posts) -

Earl Shilton, Leicestershire -> Barlby, North Yorkshire -> Selby, North Yorkshire -> Parksville, Vancouver Island. Best was Selby, which is surprising seeing as it's the shittiest place.

#29 Edited by sate2801 (343 posts) -

3 times. Hung Hom->Mong Kok->Hung Hom again.

#30 Posted by JasonR86 (9372 posts) -

Only 2 times for me but it is soon to be 3.

#31 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Many. Across continents.

#32 Posted by RoyCampbell (1095 posts) -

Once, back in April when my house was foreclosed.

Worst day, I'm tellin' you.

#33 Posted by Turambar (6484 posts) -

Shanghai to San Fran, San Fran to San Fran, San Fran to New York, New York to New York, New York to New York, New York to Madison.

I predict a seventh move once I get my masters, but that's a few years more off.

#34 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2993 posts) -

Once when I was three. I quite like not having moved much as a kid.

#35 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Moved before I was 1, then moved again three weeks ago.

That's sort of technically incorrect, as my fiancée and I lived together somewhere else for quite a while before we moved in with my parents for a year to save up, but that arrangement was never really formalised into a move.

I've only ever lived in Sydney, Australia, as well.

#36 Edited by Hamst3r (4342 posts) -

I moved 5 times within California and now I'm in Colorado.

#37 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -

Faro>Whitehorse>Aroostook>Lynn Lake>Wabush. I've lived in Wabush for about 12 years now. Lots of moving when I was young.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

3 times in 2 years

#39 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

My father is in the military, which has made us move around a quite a few times, but not nearly as much as the average military family.

#40 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

7 or 8 times over the course of my life.

#41 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

once but i don't really consider it as i was only a baby. the house that i live right now is really only place i know.

#42 Posted by JaredA (806 posts) -

I've moved a total of 3 times (once when I was about 2 so I don't know if that counts).

Born in Florida, moved to Oregon.

#43 Posted by PerryVandell (2100 posts) -

None, but I've learned it sucks ass from helping other people move.

#44 Posted by light_grenade (124 posts) -

7 times round 3 countries. Scotland, to Canada, to Norway, and back to Scotland

#45 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5355 posts) -

19 times now.

#46 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

Once, back in April when my house was foreclosed. Worst day, I'm tellin' you.

That happened to me on New Year's Day, only my parents jumped all over the county we live in trying to find a comparable living to the one they lost. This was not fun. They finally *seemed* to have learned their lesson when we were forced to live in a tiny house with what they suspected were drug deals going down across the street.

Anyway, let me try to tally it. The apartment I was born in, the house they moved into soon after, the next house that I spent most of my single-digit years in, then the house that got foreclosed on, then four more moves. So that's eight in total, all in the same little county in North Carolina.

#47 Posted by Slay3r1583 (583 posts) -

Never. I've had the same bedroom in the same house for all of my 29 years. Honestly the though of moving someplace else kind of frightens me.

#48 Posted by superpow (226 posts) -

Technically once. When i was a few months old. I'll probably be moving out next year though.

#49 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

Central Israel -> London -> Central Israel -> San Jose -> San Jose -> Central Israel -> Central Israel -> North Israel

#50 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

I've moved only once so far, out of my father's home into my own appartment. I like it there, and I really don't like the thought of moving again.