9 times since I turned 18.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By stryker1121

@FTomato: Where do you live in Israel, if I may ask? I visited in '07, loved the north.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By gamefreak9

Probably more than everyone here, around 20 countries and 4 continents.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thrice. Two different countries.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By CL60

Was born in Germany, moved to Canada, then moved to another house in the same province.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By morrelloman

I went with 5 plus but I counted each time I switched apartments in college. If you neglect college all together then it would only be 3.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#58  Edited By jacksukeru

Once before I could remember, twice in one town before the age of 7, then four times in the same town I've lived in up until today.

deinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deinos

9 total. I'm 32 now. Moved once when I was a child. Lived in the dorms my freshman year of college then lived in a new apartment each year in college (3 additional apartments). Moved into my own apt after college, then another when I had a roommate. Moved into an apt with my girlfriend, who then became my wife as we moved into the house we live in now.

A do not look forward to moving again for awhile (moving is a pain in the ass).

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Talis12

2 times.. first time when i was 2 y/o and my parents moved from a flat to a house but i was to young to remember. 2nd time was when i moved out of my ol' folks house to my own crib 5 years ago

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By TobbRobb

We lived temporarily in a smaller house when I was newborn, got a new fairly large house built and moved in when I was like, 9 months. Been living in there since.

Oh and the temp house is like a kilometer from here, so moving later would barely have made a difference.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By SMTDante89

Once so far, when I was ten years old we moved from a small town in West Virginia to WV's Fayetteville. I'll likely be moving in about a year so I can move closer to a potential job location. Hope to stay in my native West Virginia, but I might be moving to Virginia.

Pobearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pobearo

Zero! Unless you count moving to college, in which case 1.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By BraveToaster

Six times. Soon to be 7 next month and 8 around this time next year.

DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DeviantJoker

Moved to the US (Michigan), lived in Grand Cayman, Denver, Chicago, NYC, Orlando. Heading back to NYC for a quick 6 weeks and then back to Michigan until July.. then likely move to another state for a solid 5 years.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BoatDrinks

I've moved 10 times, most of that within Wisconsin besides a brief stay in Liverpool, NY. I've moved 4 times within the same Milwaukee superb, and I just got done moving into a place with my GF. Probably be a few more moves before it's all said and done.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By fini_fly

5 times, but the first I was way too young to remember. For a while I was out in Alberta and now back in Ontario.

klimdeeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By klimdeeni

I don't know how many places I've lived in growing up (maybe 6) but since 2005 I've moved from my moms--

1. into my first apartment-

2. then to into an apartment with a friend

3. then to kansas

4. then back to texas to live with my dad

5. then moved to my own place agian

and in 2 months I'll be moving again

so that's about 10-12 times total maybe?

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SmilingPig

By my 18th birthday I had moved 20 times.

I am now 33 and I have moved 31 times total.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By duskvamp

We moved once when I was 10 and are currently looking for a new house, our house has been on the market for about a week now and I'm stressed already.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By intro

Once when I was 4, I'm now 18. My parents moved us out to a better area for school and such. Also, you hear gunshots where I use to live, so this new area is safer, too.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Justin258

@RoyCampbell said:

@believer258 said:

@RoyCampbell said:

Once, back in April when my house was foreclosed. Worst day, I'm tellin' you.

That happened to me on New Year's Day, only my parents jumped all over the county we live in trying to find a comparable living to the one they lost. This was not fun. They finally *seemed* to have learned their lesson when we were forced to live in a tiny house with what they suspected were drug deals going down across the street.

Anyway, let me try to tally it. The apartment I was born in, the house they moved into soon after, the next house that I spent most of my single-digit years in, then the house that got foreclosed on, then four more moves. So that's eight in total, all in the same little county in North Carolina.

I've no extended family or relatives; it's my brother and my mother. She was fired from her hospital job last year and she'd worked there for about a decade. I had to give away animals I had lived with for a significant portion of my life. The animals we kept we had to keep hold of (one pet taxi, four cats and a guinea pig; brother had to hold the pig) while the three of us compacted ourselves into the front of a U-Haul while the sheriff and his cronies as well as realtors were taking pictures and making snide remarks. 1'o'clock sharp, they all arrived and the first one in was changing our locks as we were packing the last of our things - we had been packing for the last few days and we didn't even get all of it. 15 mile drive, on the highway, the cats are losing their shit, the guinea pig's eyes are about to burst. Oh and the hood was loose, so at any moment, going 60+ MPH, the hood could have flown up and bye bye everyone. Keep in mind we're in a filled to the brim U-Haul with a loose hood. We did slow down, so it made the trek even more hellish with the animals squallering and occasionally biting out of fear and "WHAT IS GOING ON". Sensory overload, obviously. So many flying images.

Oh and that had all been done on 30+ hours of absolutely no sleep whatsoever, lmao. It had been raining, our house was sort of on a hill so the U-Haul was awkwardly situated and we had to climb into it every single time. We moved everything ourselves. Imagine getting a dresser into that thing.

Now, though? I'll just keep it at "We live in a modular home." We'll get back on our feet eventually.

Yes, we just had a pity-off, and I feel great.

Ah, well, I guess you won the pity-off. We only had a cat then and had 30 days to get out of there instead of only a few. I hated the cat and refused to touch it, and out of all of us I was the only one that didn't cry or didn't even care much then, really. I guess apathy kept me somewhat grounded while my mother and father and, to a lesser extent, my brother, were drowning in sorrow over their oh-so nice house. I was more bitter toward the blatant attachment to the house and the stupid decorations and nice things inside (and later, the frantic reaching for a similar lifestyle) than I was towards the loss of the house and things themselves, if you see what I'm saying.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By MocBucket62

I moved once and that was when my family had to move from Florida to Connecticut to make more money up North. While I honestly enjoyed my time in CT growing up here, I do favor Florida for its climate and as for cost of living, its no where near as unbearable as it is up here. So happy I go to college in Florida!

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By stonyman65

Moved once, from Clark, New Jersey to Jacksonville, FL. I'll be moving to somewhere in North Carolina (probably Franklin or Highlands) sometime in the future, so I voted 2.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By napalm

Seven times. I've been in my current place for about a week. I like it. It's nice. I'd still prefer to be alone, but my financial situation cannot afford it right now. Hopefully soon. At least my roommate is cool.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By HydraHam

5 (all in the same like 10-15 mile radius)

Finally bought a house this year and hopefully i never have to move again because i hate moving.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living in London meant I was subjected to moving every year because of the weird culture of people refusing to renew an agreement, an unspoken rule in all my flatshares was that when the agreement was up we find a new place, so glad to be done with it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By ajamafalous

5+. College'll do that to you.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By KarlPilkington

Once. Liverpool -> Sheffield.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By _Zombie_

I want to say.. 5 times. The move we did in January being the 5th.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By laserbolts

Like 9 times or something now I think. Probably in my favorite spot so far right now and im hoping the next one will be my own house.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By forkboy

So when I was born my parents were living in a caravan on my great grandparents croft. Then after a couple of months they moved to the other side of Inverness. At 6 we moved again to the place my folks still live in today, almost 22 years later. I moved to Sheffield in 2007, & then Glasgow in 2008. So 4 different places I've lived.