How much do you have in common with GB crew?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I've only been part of this community for a couple of years, but I've been a fan of Gerstmann, Alex and Brad since GameSpot. I love listening to the crew and while I really enjoy hearing them talk about random stuff, it suddenly occurred to me that besides videogames, I really don't share many of their interest at all.

Most of them seem to enjoy not leaving the house if at all possible and/or eating lots of junk food (or barely even eating anything at all as Jeff said numerous times). Whenever they talk about what they did over the week, I am interested to hear all of it, yet I never want to do any of it myself. I'm actually surprised I enjoy hearing them talk about stuff I don't want to do. I guess that's what comes when you have the utmost respect for people. Drew is probably the one I could see myself hanging out with as his interests and activities seem closer to mine.

Do you have a lot in common with the crew? How does this affect your time listening to the Bombcast or watching video's?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Probably not a lot outside video games. And even within video games, I imagine vast differences.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pr1mus

I'm into wrestling, like Jeff but i really don't enjoy watching any of it... like Jeff.

I am way into pizza like everyone on staff it seems. And F1 like Drew.

For games my interests align with Jeff's the most but even then it's not that close.

I'm also losing my hair and am a fan of the 8$ Old Navy black t-shirt like Vinny. That about covers it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Not a lot. For example, I haven't eaten out for a good year now though it seems to be their staple for the most part.

I love listening to Drew though, and bathing in his deflected glory. God, what a perfect man.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

The main thing I have in common with the crew is "generation" and the fact that I spend A LOT of time in front of a screen and it tends to be all I need. I'm Canadian, I'm a father, I own a house and I work from home but we have a lot of overlap when it comes to nostalgia triggers like going to arcades, punching holes in "single-sided" floppies and thinking Double Dragon was the pinnacle of graphics and gameplay technology that would never be bested.

Vinnie is a father so we have that going. I'm super impressed with his ability to separate his life and work but I still wish he'd talk more about it :)

I love Jeff's knowledge and I aspire to have it. I also LOVE rap and I would argue that I have more knowledge of that topic than he does, though he's pretty good.

Alex just talks and acts like a lot of my long time friends. I suspect we would've hung in similar circles had we grown up in the same area.

I have very little in common with Drew besides the obvious wanting to have more in common with Drew.

And Brad. Brad has been, for the longest time, my go-to journalist for opinions and reviews purely because of how our tastes overlap. Even where they don't overlap it's always clear to me that this game is one of those.

I still don't really feel like I "know" Rorie, Patrick, Dan or Jason - but I will say Dan's profile cover art sure makes me feel at home :)

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@pr1mus said:

I am way into pizza like everyone on staff it seems.

Who doesn't like pizza?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Games wise I'm not exactly on par with any of them, I prefer sports games to anything else and otherwise can basically get by on a steady diet of whatever the latest Rockstar game is and whatever the latest clones of it are.

But personality wise, it's easily Jeff. There's not a lot of people in this world I'd willing listen to drive in and out of work every day. Before Jeff, it was Ryan, but over the past three-ish years I've learned Jeff and I are basically kindred spirits when it comes to things from food to political opinions. One of our few disagreements is type of liquor drink; like Ryan, I am a dark liquor neat kind of man. Jeff is a clear liquor sweetened up kind of man.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

@pr1mus said:

Who doesn't like pizza?

Vegans?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I'm white, male and straight, so apparently I'm indistinguishable from them.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Well gaming wise my interests are a mixture of Vinny and Brad, with a little hint of Jeff in the mix. The most important thing though is that their sense of humor and love for everything really dumb aligns with mine.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love the Eurovision.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well, I'm usually able to appreciate the dumb things in life the same way they can. My gaming habits and interests vary between each crew member though.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I was born the same day as Ryan Davis; June 4th.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm probably most like drew with the quietness and slight awkwardness and insanity, but not lovable or with such precise comic timing/pun-mastering. :(

gaming wise i'm probably like brad but much worse in skill and i also curse a lot. genre tastes are probably in line with rorie or klepek as they're broader and all over the place with maybe more of a lean towards strategy/RPG.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Jeff's tastes in food are in line with my own. Meat baby, lots of it. Cheese optional. Fuck cilantro. Of course I'm probably a bit more open to experiment with sauces and spreads than he is at this point. I like to get veggies when I can just to keep my body from going to complete shit but secretly I'd rather have more meat.

I have a bit in common with Alex. I like wrestling, movies, cats, and zombie stuff. You know, happy things that give me the warm fuzzies (did I mention zombies?). I'll probably never see the appeal of having that many tattoos and I can't even compare to his musical knowledge or Jeff's for that matter.

I would strive to be more like Vinny but that's a high bar for any human being.

Video game wise it's kind of a wash. I know these guy's tastes well enough to differ to their individual judgements based on the style of game play and story. If I had a proper beefy PC I'd likely play a lot more of the games they're into these days.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have a lot in common with all of them but Drew. Was born around the same time as the rest of them, also hate going outside, was a child of the 80's and like most of the same games they do.

Hard to say how it affects my enjoyment of the casts though, but it is nice to hear them reference stuff from our common childhood timeframes!

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trilogy said:

It could totally taste like sadness and desperation, but at least it kind of looks like pizza.

So does this.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By pyromagnestir

Well back when I first started listening to the bombcast, I knew I'd found something special when they randomly started talking about the Wu-Tang Clan. That's the thing that made me go "Oh, shit. I may have finally found a place for me."

And Jeff and Ryan both seemed to have some interest in stand up comedy and poker.

I sorta agree with Jeff's food philosophy. I think I'm a bit more willing to go outside my comfort zone than he is, though.

I have an interest in science-y crap, same as Brad.

And me and Alex both seem to share an interest in self loathing. edit: Oh, and sports. In particular I recall Alex saying the Patriots were his favorite team, so we also have that in common.

Those are what immediately spring to mind, beyond a general interest in video games.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Who doesn't like pizza?

Communists.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know; I've never met them.

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Activities wise?

Close to none. I lift weights, play lacrosse, like to go out to clubs, love backpacking and the outdoors.

I actually barely buy or play any video games. What we do have in common is the same sense of humor, and thats why i watch their stuff, because its hilarious. I could see myself sitting down with Jeff and swapping fucked up stories for hours.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I like video games and dumb stuff.

So all the important things.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm my own man, dammit!

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By jkz

They find weird shit funny. Usually the sorts of things I laugh to myself about over the course of the day, but have trouble explaining the humor in to anyone that asks why I'm laughing. Especially true for Vinny.

TheZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flight Sims like Drew

Trying to break games like Vinny

Hamburgers and pizza like Jeff (and probably the rest of the crew)

Obscure indie games like Patrick

Being sarcastic like Alex (though he's more skilled at it than me)

Being bad at games like Brad (just kidding buddy, love ya!)

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have next to nothing in common with the crew. I rarely play games these days so I don't even really have that in common with them.

I'm probably most similar to Brad in that I have an intense interest in space.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really similar to any of them I think, I like watching them occasionally though.

DiabeticJimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm closest to Jeff. It seems our brains work very similarly. A lot of things he says usually come out of my mouth a couple seconds before. His tastes in MOST games are very similar to mine as well. I don't give a shit about wrestling though. I have tried.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Jason because fighting games.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not sure. Is there a "What member of the Giant Bomb staff are you?" quiz I can take?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say I'm the most like Jeff except not as outgoing. I'd hope not quite as jaded.

When Ryan would express passion for just about anything, it resonated with me even if I didn't have passion for that thing. It was more like his way of expressing his interests and passions is how I want to express my interests and passions. Dude was out loud about himself without being an obnoxious prat and I admire that. It's a difficult line to toe.

When I first started listening to the Bombcast, I liked Brad the most. He had perhaps the more philosophical look, or he was more interested in the possibilities of games, he could be moved by artistic zeal and I really liked that. Now only Dota burns in his cold black heart.

I think in terms of how to approach games, I like Vinny. I either want to love them or laugh at them.

I'm actually a lot like Patrick in that we're the same age and we have more shared interests in common. I think we're both academic dilettantes and I think we both have that "I'm going to have to play on these games and figure out what they're about" zeal, along with the aforementioned 'games as art' stuff. But I think there are other ways we differ.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Corevi

I have very similar tastes in games to Vinny, usually in it just for the story but sometimes mechanics can be the main draw, almost never interested in multiplayer. Though I also like a lot of the same games Dave Snyder does, especially late 90s DnD based classics.

I like wrestling like Jeff, Ryan, Dan and Alex though usually my tastes within wrestling align more with Jared R than any of the Bombcrew.

I'm awful at videogames like Brad, though never got really into an esports game like Brad tends to do.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: I completely agree. It is a generation thing. However, the one that I had the most in common with was Ryan. We even were born on the same day.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video Games and that's about it. I'm sure the crew ain't into fitness like me...I'm sure they can't handle it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#39  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I do share Jeff's opinion on rather not eating at all, but other than that I'm not sure. I seem to share taste when it comes to games most with Drew and Vinny, but there certainly isn't a 100% match with any of them.

Neither of their music tastes seem all that close to mine, though Vinny at leasts seem to share some bands.

Personality wise I'm not sure if any of them match, though Patrick, Drew and Rorie seem like people I would probably kinda somewhat get along with? They sure are much more outgoing than I am, so I'm not sure.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Corevi

Video Games and that's about it. I'm sure the crew ain't into fitness like me...I'm sure they can't handle it.

Drew looks pretty fit, and Jeff is starting DDP Yoga.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41  Edited By Stealthmaster86

A bit of Brad because everyone I've ever met for the first time thinks I'm British. Mostly Patrick because of our love of LOST and Jurassic Park.

MikaelBoogart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is probable that I have some things in common with Alex but not totally sure (it would be personal life related). As for the others, just video games. Oh, and I think Brad likes sci fi books (?) so that too.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm probably closest to Brad in many ways. But the differences are large enough that I have to kind of pick and choose what I trust him on. But in general my only real connection to the rest of the crew is the sense of humour and somewhat their view on life. I do have respect for the crew though, Jeff in particular has a way of things that I only wish I could imitate. A very multifaceted person.

I enjoy hearing the crews views on games, even if I rarely agree fully. For advice on free time activity or games for myself though... I do my own research.

Mustard is great, and so are onions. Fuck you Jeff.