• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -

Me, being from 'Merica I couldn't care any less about those "Royals". They do next to nothing and somehow they contract more attention than dying homeless man. Here in 'Merica they are massively popular even though the Royal family repressed our people for over a hundred years before us 'Mericans had to beat their ass. Fuck those dudes.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -

Fuck those dudes.    

Yeaaaah!

Wait, what?
#3 Posted by SSully (4325 posts) -

Dunkin Doughnuts had a royal cake wedding doughnut on easter, I am sure they still have it going. Needless to say I bought one, so i guess some part of me, mainly my stomach, supports it. 

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't care at all. It's all pointless, and doesn't in any possible way deserve the massive amount of attention it's getting.

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (12159 posts) -

All of the much.

#6 Posted by Thoseposers (791 posts) -

i care approximately this much |    |

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" All of the much. "
Well said.
#8 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1336 posts) -

but but but....

FAIRY TALE OMG SO NEGATIVE THIS  IS SO IMPORTANT! YOURE UNEMPLOYED AND DYING BECAUSE YOU CAN'T AFFORD HEALTHCARE\? OMG OMG SUCH DOWNERS :(((((((
#9 Edited by AlexW00d (6436 posts) -
@Belonpopo: I, being 'Nglish, do not care about the Royal Wedding whatsoever. But the dumbass points in your post are dumb.
Also it was hardly oppressing, as opposed to trying to stop your own colonies killing you. Unless you are of Native American ancestry, then it was more like rape and pillage.
#10 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -

What Royal Wedding?

#11 Posted by Xeiphyer (5611 posts) -

This much.

(I am holding out my hands, but you can't see because its the internet.)

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

Not one bit. They can have their fancy pants wedding, I just don't need to hear about it.
#13 Edited by KarlPilkington (2778 posts) -

The irony of Americans using others countries' oppression to take the high road.

Also if you don't care then don't watch it, no need to spout out your opinions.

#14 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Do the English get a day off? That would be reason enough to care.

#15 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1336 posts) -
@AlexW00d: you STOP with your sense-making
#16 Posted by PenguinDust (12629 posts) -

I didn't even know it was going on. 

#17 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -

I'm went from zero to ICANTFUCKINGHEARITANYMORE like a week ago.

#18 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -
@AlexW00d:
#19 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

I didn't even know about it, so I guess that I don't care. No reason to care either.

#20 Posted by AlexW00d (6436 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" Do the English get a day off? That would be reason enough to care. "
Most do yes.

@billnyethesciencepie said:
" @AlexW00d: you STOP with your sense-making "
Um?
#21 Posted by ajamafalous (12159 posts) -
@Chabbs0 said:
" The irony of Americans using others countries' oppression to take the high road. "
His frequent use of "'Merica" leads me to believe he's being sarcastic.
#22 Posted by AlexW00d (6436 posts) -
@Belonpopo said:
" @AlexW00d:
"

I CAN DO BAD MEMES TOO. 
#23 Edited by lizcav (62 posts) -

It's just a big distraction from the real problems that currently plague Great Britain... like record unemployment, record homelessness, the NHS not working effectively for people who truely need it...
I guess it's also a big distraction from the idiocy that is the Royal Family. If they can get this right then there won't be so much media attention on other members of the family like.... Furgie and Edward and... well the list goes on really.

#24 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4886 posts) -

Considering that Canada is still a part of the Commonwealth, and the Queen's mug is minted on our dollar coins, I'm not surprised it gets a lot of attention here. What I'm wondering if it's more a "oh isn't this quaint" attention or if it's Jersey Shore level attention.

One is condescending, the other is just a scary cult of personality.
#25 Posted by ectoplasma (987 posts) -

I expected a poll. I'm le disappoint.

#26 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -
@AlexW00d:
#27 Posted by AlexW00d (6436 posts) -
@Belonpopo: Fuck you :(
#28 Posted by Soap (3642 posts) -

I hate this fucking wedding, I can't wait till the inbred mother fuckers get it over with and then shuffle off back into their castles were they can continue to be completely irrelevant in modern day England until the next time they want to marry a cousin or something. 

#29 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

I don't care, and really don't see the why anyone would.

#30 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -
@AlexW00d: Do you want more?
#31 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

yeah i always respond to questions about the royal wedding with "what that didn't happen yet", also.....   

#32 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I can't physically or emotionally care any less than I do now.

#33 Posted by mracoon (4978 posts) -

Most people in the UK don't care about the wedding either. We just like getting a day off.

#34 Posted by AlexW00d (6436 posts) -
@Belonpopo said:
" @AlexW00d: Do you want more? "
Can you really get much better than that? If it did actually happen, that has to be America's greatest achievement. I can't really think of much else good they've done for the world.
#35 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1336 posts) -
@CaLe: statistically its impossible for you not to have known
#36 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Maybe if the chick was hot, or if people were wearing classic tailored suits. 

Maybe 'Merica should carpet bomb those oppressive assholes with their fkin' awesome B2 stealth bombers! 
#37 Posted by jking47 (1248 posts) -

The royal family seems more like the UK's mascot than anything else at this point.

But I am just a silly American, what do I know.
#38 Posted by Pie (7111 posts) -

I CARE SO LITTLE THAT IM GOING TO PRETEND I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT AND THEREFORE PROVE I KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT CURRENT EVENTS

(I don't care)
#39 Edited by melcene (3034 posts) -

While it's true most Americans (including myself) don't really care... I can't help but feel like I just got trolled by the original post.

#40 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -
@AlexW00d: I don't care what you want.
#41 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I'm getting the day off from work so..... I LOVE YOU ROYALS!!! (prior to the news of the holiday I didnt have an opinion either way)

#42 Posted by christ0phe (946 posts) -

Seriously, fuck royal weddings

#43 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

I hardly even know what it is.

#44 Edited by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I think the entire "royal" bit is total bullshit. What makes them any better than anyone else in England? Fuckin ass backwards if you ask me.

@AlexW00d said:
" @Belonpopo: I, being 'Nglish, do not care about the Royal Wedding whatsoever. But the dumbass points in your post are dumb. Also it was hardly oppressing, as opposed to trying to stop your own colonies killing you. Unless you are of Native American ancestry, then it was more like rape and pillage. "
While i agree that his points are stupid...so are yours...yeah...we killed lots of native american people. Which was super fucked up. But if youre going to sling shit, you need to brush up on your history..yall Brits got us beat when it comes to raping and pillaging everything in sight. By a long shot.
#45 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

I don't have an unfounded disdain for countries other than the one I live in, I just don't give a shit about any wedding anywhere.

#46 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:
" @Belonpopo: I, being 'Nglish, do not care about the Royal Wedding whatsoever. But the dumbass points in your post are dumb. Also it was hardly oppressing, as opposed to trying to stop your own colonies killing you. Unless you are of Native American ancestry, then it was more like rape and pillage. "
I'm half native american, and even I don't believe that we have the right to complain. That shit happened centuries ago, no one alive went through it, so no one has the right to say they were hurt by it. Unless they can time travel and got personally raped.
#47 Posted by damswedon (3201 posts) -

Less than you because I didn't make a thread but more than the people who didn't even click on it.

#48 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I don't see anything interesting about it. Keep in mind who's saying this.

#49 Posted by Jimbo (9993 posts) -

I'm a Royalist...

*shuffles feet*

#50 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

I care so little that I'm just going to write about how annoying it is that my lawn still looks like ass one week before May.