How much do you spend on gasoline every month?

• 75 results
arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By arkasai

Right now gas is about $3.93/gallon where I live, and I spend anywhere from $150-200 every month on fuel. As much as I dislike paying that, I have coworkers who drive Expeditions or other large V8 trucks or SUVs and can easily spend $100 (once a week) and not even fill their tank. Do any of your own huge vehicles that cost a fortune to drive?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Branthog

I don't spend any, because I work from home and I fucking hate driving. In fact, I gave my 2006 mustang away to my little brother, for free. Just to get it out of my hair. It amuses me that people bitch so much about the price of gas, though. They'll pay $5 for a burger or $4.50 for a flavored coffee or a pack of smokes, but $3.50 for a gallon of gas that will let them travel in a comfortable sitting position in an air-conditioned environment for up to 20, 30, or even 40 miles in a matter of minutes is just too damn much! Yes, there is a lot of bullshit going on with oil companies and possible price fixing and such and that shouldn't be ignored. However, if it really bothers them that much, my suggestion is that they save themselves the $3.50 and spend 15 hours per day walking the 60 miles round trip to and from work.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

roughly $120 a month. i have a small car, a scion tc. i get about 26 miles per gallon.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I drive my moms car because I'm a little boy, she buys the gas.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

15 a week. soooo...60 bucks a month 

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Commando

$200. I get 18 miles per gallon in my truck but it's Diesel so it's a little more expensive than unleaded.

My work gives me a work truck too and they pay for the gas for that.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By intro

Less than $90.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably between $40 and $60, but that's because I've been driving up and down California recently. If I only drove to the train station to work, it'd be closer to $30, but it costs me close to $250 for commute costs every month. I guess I could work from home, but knowing me, I wouldn't actually get any work done at home.

Before I started working in San Francisco, I worked in San Luis Obispo. My commute cost practically nothing then. I could drive to work in 10 minutes. If I took my bike, it'd take me 15.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

About $10 dollars a month and $20 dollars for bus fair every month. You would think it's because I don't have a car, but it's mostly because i'm too lazy to drive long distances (I live in Las Vegas and everything fun is about a half hour to an hour away).... I also like to sleep on the bus. I will lean my head on you if you let me. Yes, im that guy.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McShank

about 40$ every 2 weeks depending on if i do something besides go only to work.. usually averaging 100$ with the gas being around 3.30-3.40$ for the past 2 months.. otherwise i used to spend 50$ due to my old job being about 1 mile from my house :D

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Around $160. I spend about in hour driving in my car everyday.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By tekmojo

20-30 bucks in premium ought to do it.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By audiosnow
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By canucks23

Roughly $200 a month.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrPockets000

$60-$90...I walk when I can. Everything's really close.

jlyoung188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jlyoung188

Around $50 a month, I don't fill up my personal ride very often. I mostly drive my company truck, its a gas hog so I'm glad I don't have to pay for that gas, I fill up every other day that I am working.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i spend approximately 60-something dollars a month.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

I don't drive so nothing, also my dad gets his petrol paid for him by work.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Commando

I do have a question for people who tailgate me to save gas.

Can I have a turn? I mean I know your tiny front-wheel drive car with a weed-eater motor isn't ideal for a Dodge Ram to draft behind, but I do want a turn. It's only fair!

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By spazmaster666

Probably around $60 a month on average. I only live 2 miles from campus so most of the driving is due to the once or twice a week that I work (which is about 10 miles away).

Hotcakesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Hotcakesman

I work as an EMT.. and for the most part.. my car stays parked.. but I started a part time job.. now with that.. I spend maybe 25 bux a month on fuel.. max 40

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By JasonR86

More then I want to.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Commando

@Hotcakesman: How much do ambulances cost to fill up? It's something I've always wondered but never enough to ask.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Lunar_Aura

$150 to $200 USD

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fattony12000

£0

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By arkasai

@Commando said:

Can I have a turn? I mean I know your tiny front-wheel drive car with a weed-eater motor isn't ideal for a Dodge Ram to draft behind, but I do want a turn. It's only fair!

If they were doin it right you wouldn't even know they were back there ;p Some people tail too close though...one tap of the brake and they've got a trailer hitch through the face.

A little surprising to see other users spend very little on gas, though I think that might be chalked up to demographics and region mostly. What kind of traffic are you guys dealing with? Cause I know about 80% of my gas is wasted in gridlocked Honolulu traffic. It's probably the main reason you should never live/drive in Hawaii....fewer miles of road per capita than any other state. People being terrible drivers doesn't help either : /

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By laserbolts

Around $100 I think. I dont use my car too often because everything I need is super close.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShadowConqueror

The way of the future.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Karl_Boss

$30-60

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Justin258

@Commando said:

So that's why some assholes follow me too closely! Unless it can't be done when I'm in a tiny compact car?

When someone is doing that and I'm not in a particular rush, I will slow down to 15 below the limit just to piss them the fuck off because they are pissing me the fuck off. Sorry, someone riding my bumper just grinds my gears to no end.

On topic, I drive the aforementioned tiny compact car. To be more specific, a 1999 Nissan Altima. How much a month? It depends. Last semester, I was spending $100+ on gas every month but that's because I drove from my house, to class, back to my house, back to class, and then to work everyday. It took a real toll on my pitiful bank accountl. This semester, all of my class and work are bunched up in a few hours, so I drive there and back and I'm done! $20 a week seems to be doing the job. What's better is that I'm also driving my brother to and from school, so my mom is paying me $20 a week to do that. This means that my gas costs don't have any bearing on me until the school year ends and I start (hopefully) working full time again.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scrawnto

I used to get around 30 mpg, but since moving to Wisconsin from California I'm only getting 22 mpg or so. Even so, I probably only spend $35 a month for gas. I'm only 6 miles from work and 10 from downtown, so I don't have to do too much driving.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It varies too much. Depends on how many bodies I ahve to dispose of that week.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

0$

I take the bus, but if you then ask me how much i spend on travel my awnser would probably be around 30$

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mahonay

$0

Instead I pay $104 a month for an unlimited New York Metro card. I travel the city by subway like most people here.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Klaimore

I drive a Dodge Ram 2500 and so it's a gas hog, but I only drive to and from work with its so about $90 per month. Which is the equivalent of a full tank if I go to empty but it rarely happens.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Branthog said:

I don't spend any, because I work from home and I fucking hate driving. In fact, I gave my 2006 mustang away to my little brother, for free. Just to get it out of my hair. It amuses me that people bitch so much about the price of gas, though. They'll pay $5 for a burger or $4.50 for a flavored coffee or a pack of smokes, but $3.50 for a gallon of gas that will let them travel in a comfortable sitting position in an air-conditioned environment for up to 20, 30, or even 40 miles in a matter of minutes is just too damn much! Yes, there is a lot of bullshit going on with oil companies and possible price fixing and such and that shouldn't be ignored. However, if it really bothers them that much, my suggestion is that they save themselves the $3.50 and spend 15 hours per day walking the 60 miles round trip to and from work.

why not keep the car in case of emergencies? And I don't mean a midnight taco bell run I mean a real emergency, like going to the hospital or something..

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By cornbredx

Just a tip, i dont know much about it (as I work from home) but the money you spend on gas driving to work (in the US) you can get back in your tax returns. It's something to consider, especially considering bad gas prices. May want to save those reciepts!

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By TehFlan

None. I don't own a car.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Branthog

@Vinny_Says said:

@Branthog said:

why not keep the car in case of emergencies? And I don't mean a midnight taco bell run I mean a real emergency, like going to the hospital or something..

Because, the $1,200 in insurance, $400 in registration tax, service maintenance, etc is a lot of money to waste on something that is never used. Plus, if I ever needed to get to a hospital urgently, I probably would be in no condition to drive and would have to call an amberlamps anyway.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By lazyturtle

About $350/month..wow. We have to take two cars to work because of our kids drop off and pickup times. We have small, fairly fuel efficent cars..but we live in Hawaii. The best gas price I've seen in the last year is 3.96/gal..averages more like $4.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By MooseyMcMan

$0!

I also have no car. So I probably shouldn't even comment.

Well, actually, I do technically own a car, but the thing is a piece of junk that I never use. I got it for free from someone. It has fake wood paneling.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlexW00d

Man fuel is so cheap in America. Wankers. It costs the equivalent of $135 to fill the tank of a small car here. And that'll last maybe a week if you have to drive ~50 miles a day, or so anyway.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By leebmx

Americans complaining about petrol prices should come to the UK. Prices are 3 times higher. So pleased I live in London where there's no point in driving.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nate6858

Maybe $20 per month, often less .. I live across the street from where I work. Also within walking distance is a grocery store, pharmacy (with postal services), library, coffee shop and multiple restaurants. I don't have to drive much.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bane

$240/month, 2006 Jeep Wrangler. The 4.0L I6 averages 17 mpg city, which is all I drive.

No Caption Provided
EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By EarlessShrimp

My Subaru takes about 40 bucks to fill at $3.50/gal but I need to refill every week to week and a half depending on whether or not I'm going to school, so about 120 a month? I really want to get a more efficient car...

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Roughly $80-$120 a month. I live in the Dirt Jerzey, so gas is pretty cheap (and I don't pump my own gas) at about $3.20 a gallon, and I fill up my tank for $40 about every week and a half. I drive to school and work, but I live pretty close, so it's not too bad.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By dagas

@Bane said:

$240/month, 2006 Jeep Wrangler. The 4.0L I6 averages 17 mpg city, which is all I drive.

No Caption Provided

You drive only in the city and you need a car built for off-road and a powerful engine when you probably never drive over 50 mp/h?

I take the bike to work except when it's ice on the roads, then I take the bus. If I had a car it would probably be a Fiat 500 or something, if I needed something bigger then a Volvo V70 1.6L diesel would do fine, it gets almost 50mpg and has room for the whole family.

Fragonard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fragonard

I drive a hybrid and only have to fill up about every 2 months and its usually about $45. I only live about 15 minutes from where I work so I don't have to drive too far.