Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By hawkinson76

@UitDeToekomst said:

@hawkinson76 said:

How do you people have time for all this jogging/running? You guys have hours a week to spend running no where?

yeah, really. all my time is taken up working, sleeping and playing video games. no running for me. unless i'm being chased by a bear or something. and if that happens, i'm guessing i won't be running for very long.

You just have to be faster than your friends. Also, always take a slow friend with your when camping.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By Sambambo

@believer258 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@believer258 said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@believer258 said:

Not enough. I have some extra weight on me but I haven't actually gained any weight over the past two years at all. I just haven't made the effort to lose any, either. I guess the equilibrium I've hit is due to walking all around campus all the time with a soft drink of some sort in one hand.

I did this for a while (not the campus part, weight gain came at a desk job), but it was deceptively unhealthy, my cholesterol (epsecially HDL) steadily climbed even though my weight was steady.

Oh, I know. I plan to get on - or, rather, off "it" - this summer. I know the issue here, it's just that time and energy is a bit of an issue.

@hawkinson76 said:

How do you people have time for all this jogging/running? You guys have hours a week to spend running no where?

I also often wonder this as well. Where is all this time that a lot of duders seem to have? Certainly some of them are unemployed, others have enough money to never worry, but certainly not everyone is in either of those camps?

What is your schedule to the point where you cant find spare time :S

It isn't so much that I don't have spare time, it's that by the end of the day my energy is gone. As of tomorrow this schedule is gone, but for the past few months I've been going to and studying for four different classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, going to and studying for two classes on Tuesday, going to one class on Thursday, and working Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons. I also spend a lot of time walking all around campus (between classes and during work), and am expected to help keep the house clean.

Well, you asked and I answered. Anyway, at days' end I'm rather tired and at weeks' end I like to savor as much time as possible. But after exams end next week I'll have tons of unemployed free time, so I'll get 'round to exercising then.

The great thing about exercise is that it gives you more energy, so while you would have been worn out at the end of the day normally, after only two weeks of exercise you will have a lot more even with the extra work.

The first hurdle is the hardest, but it gets a lot easier and rewarding as time goes on.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By Justin258

@SuperSambo said:

@believer258 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@believer258 said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@believer258 said:

Not enough. I have some extra weight on me but I haven't actually gained any weight over the past two years at all. I just haven't made the effort to lose any, either. I guess the equilibrium I've hit is due to walking all around campus all the time with a soft drink of some sort in one hand.

I did this for a while (not the campus part, weight gain came at a desk job), but it was deceptively unhealthy, my cholesterol (epsecially HDL) steadily climbed even though my weight was steady.

Oh, I know. I plan to get on - or, rather, off "it" - this summer. I know the issue here, it's just that time and energy is a bit of an issue.

@hawkinson76 said:

I also often wonder this as well. Where is all this time that a lot of duders seem to have? Certainly some of them are unemployed, others have enough money to never worry, but certainly not everyone is in either of those camps?

It isn't so much that I don't have spare time, it's that by the end of the day my energy is gone. As of tomorrow this schedule is gone, but for the past few months I've been going to and studying for four different classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, going to and studying for two classes on Tuesday, going to one class on Thursday, and working Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons. I also spend a lot of time walking all around campus (between classes and during work), and am expected to help keep the house clean.

Well, you asked and I answered. Anyway, at days' end I'm rather tired and at weeks' end I like to savor as much time as possible. But after exams end next week I'll have tons of unemployed free time, so I'll get 'round to exercising then.

The great thing about exercise is that it gives you more energy, so while you would have been worn out at the end of the day normally, after only two weeks of exercise you will have a lot more even with the extra work.

The first hurdle is the hardest, but it gets a lot easier and rewarding as time goes on.

Again, I know. I just haven't felt like it thus far. I shall soon!

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@hawkinson76 said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

@hawkinson76 said:

yeah, really. all my time is taken up working, sleeping and playing video games. no running for me. unless i'm being chased by a bear or something. and if that happens, i'm guessing i won't be running for very long.

You just have to be faster than your friends. Also, always take a slow friend with your when camping.

good points. any advice for someone who is probably "the slow friend" in their group? other than exercising enough to become not the slow friend, of course.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By Sambambo

@UitDeToekomst said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

@hawkinson76 said:

good points. any advice for someone who is probably "the slow friend" in their group? other than exercising enough to become not the slow friend, of course.

Make friends with a really fat guy and force him into the group.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#106  Edited By gla55jAw

Heavy lifting 1-1.5 hours 3-4 times a week (Doing a specific program now so it's down from about 5-6 days a week.

Cardio 3-4 times a week, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on how I feel. Stationary bike, treadmill, burpees, occasional run outside (pavement bothers my knee).

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#107  Edited By hawkinson76

@believer258 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@believer258 said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@believer258 said:

@hawkinson76 said:

Up at 5:00am, (exercise?), bathroom, shower, cook breakfast for the kids, get the kids up, take care of the baby while my wife showers, help the kids/yell at them for taking too long, eat the now cold breakfast, get the the bus stop between 7:00-8:00 (depending on how many thing went wrong or if I slept in), get to work around 9:00 (30 minutes late), get out of work at 6:00-6:30 (8 hours, plus unpaid lunch, and usually arriving late), get home 7:00-8:00 (depending on traffic and how late I stayed), just in time to help with homework/dinner, then its off to bed for the kids, about an hour of quality time with the wife, and then off to bed for us, unless I stay up playing Fez, in which case I wake up late and screw up the whole week. Sometimes I get home after my kids have already gone to bed, and that really sucks.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By Kandycane2029

@UitDeToekomst said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

@hawkinson76 said:

Find a way to trip them and slow them down.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@SuperSambo: @Kandycane2029: so my only options are personal ads for fat guys, or slipping mickies?

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Kandycane2029

@UitDeToekomst said:

@SuperSambo: @Kandycane2029: so my only options are personal ads for fat guys, or slipping mickies?

Put both of those together and you've got a recipe for date rape (don't do this). But yeah, I'd probably say those are your only alternatives.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@Kandycane2029 said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

Put both of those together and you've got a recipe for date rape (don't do this). But yeah, I'd probably say those are your only alternatives.

i like the way you think, and i'd like to subscribe to your poorly xeroxed newsletter.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By habster3

I swim for a healthy amount of time continuously 3-4 days a week

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113  Edited By Seppli

45min of high intensity, 30 min of cardio - 5x to 6x a week. Sometimes I cut cardio due to bad weather, sometimes high intensity is more chillaxed than intense, but I seldomly go a day without getting my exercise. What should take me a little more than a hour might take all afternoon sometimes.

Sticking to it since about 3 years, after letting myself go for about 5 years after suffering a serious knee injury whilst training, and the operation was sorta fucked up, delaying healing somewhat. Might get back into athletic shape before age claims all hope of such a thing. Fucked up knee takes the adventurer right out of you. Felt like somebody stole my sweetroll.

If you don't exercise, but want to pick it up (again). Start small. Never do more than you can imagine doing for the rest of your life. Because that is what it takes. A lasting adjustment of lifestyle.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By SSully

None currently. I am at the average weight for my height, but that has been an excuse for me for to long. I plan to start running after work this summer. My new job has a gym on site, so I might go there for an hour after work everyday.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do weights 5 days a week.  90 hours for 3 days and 45 for 2.  Its terrible though because I never do cardio, Im going to get fat when Im older

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I just run on the tred every other day for about an hour. Sometimes i'll do some weight lifting at the gym with my brother, but only sometimes. It's not much, but I lost a shit load of white with this routine. I use to be a fat kid.

zamaeri09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By zamaeri09

about maybe 3 hours a week, would love to do more but so much other crap to do. at least i have the bombcast while im there.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By Sooty

None because if I somehow start losing weight I'll probably evaporate.

I do lift weights but that's not too often and doesn't make me work up a sweat or anything.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By wrighteous86

Stationary bike for a half hour every morning when I wake up, in addition to whenever I'm watching a TV or movies, playing games, or reading a book. On the weekends I also do as many push-ups as I can until my muscles fail.

Walk to and from the train on my way in to work and back home, and on my lunch break, for about 2 hours of walking each weekday.

If that ever stops working, I'll jump rope for half an hour every morning instead of the bike, and if I feel like I've hit a lull or want to be extra fit, I'll start doing Insanity or P90x again.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By phrosnite

Brain exercise? A lot. Physical? Not enough :D

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121  Edited By lazyturtle

Currently I go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week, run ~5k 2 times a week and do daily crunchs, pushups and squats. While that sounds like a lot, I'm looking to ramp it up some more.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By Tylea002

@mpgeist said:

Not Enough.

Truth in it's purest form. Me too, friend.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By krazy_kyle

AT LEAST 45 mins of strenuous exercise a day, I do up to 2 hours of strenuous exercise a day if I have the time.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#124  Edited By TehFlan

With finals rapidly approaching, I haven't been exercising as much as I should. That said, I plan on exercising daily over the summer. I'm competing with a friend to see who can gain/lose more weight. I need to lose 3 times as much weight as he gains to win.

DanteFaustEsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By DanteFaustEsq

One and a half to 2 hours of serious weightlifting 4 to 5 days a week, and 4 miles of walking work days to and from my bus stop to my office and from my gym back to my apartment. I loathe cardio so forcing myself to do it by way of it being the only means of getting to and from my office is something I can live with. Weights do and will always have my exercise man love though.

Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#126  Edited By Shindiggah

It honestly depends entirely upon what time of the year it is, other than the winter I'd say I get a fair amount though. In the summer I always try and swim a few laps everyday and in the spring and fall I usually go for walks. That also doesn't include general choreography and set changes while working on the stage as well.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#127  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The cumulative time I spend walking to and from the bathroom.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Nick

Right now I do 2 30-minute runs a day, (or 30 minutes on stationary bike if it's raining), I ride my bicycle to work 6.5km each way, and I work out at the gym 4ish time a week. Honestly though I usually exercise way less than this, I'm going on vacaction for 6 weeks in June so I'm trying to get in really good shape for that.

mowcrosoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By mowcrosoft

@crusader8463: What he said.

mowcrosoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mowcrosoft

@sionweeks: Right on man, flaming lips are sweet.