• 75 results
#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -

I'm super anal about engagements. Such as being scheduled to work or having some other responsibility. So I always get dicky to people about having to go to bed cuz I have stuff to do tomorrow.

I mean I am super anal..... like if I have to work at 10AM I wont be comfortable doing anything social the day before, even with my girlfriend. I know I'm being insane, but I cant help it.

Anyway I actually said fuck it and had a nice day with my girl, I'm home now and its 1am and I have to work at 10am.

I just hope I wont feel like ass tomorrow at work. (thank god for coffee?)

I know it will probably be fine but I just get so obsessed with making sure that I get enough sleep and am on time for shit. that I cant even enjoy the time that I'm not serving my responsibilities.

#2 Posted by NicksCorner (410 posts) -

Too little, every night. My PC has a way of keeping me up.

I should be getting around seven hours, I strive to get six, but often its closer to five.

#3 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -

Also, I need to be a certain amount of drunk to fall asleep at will. Otherwise I end up staring into the darkness for hours worrying about trivial things like my alarm clock breaking while I sleep and missing work.

#4 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

Also, I need to be a certain amount of drunk to fall asleep at will. Otherwise I end up staring into the darkness for hours worrying about trivial things like my alarm clock breaking while I sleep and missing work.

I have a dude you can talk to about that. Just kidding. I get 6 or 7 on the usual. 3 or 4 if I've been drinking.

#5 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

I've had the last week off and it's been BAD. Last night, I ended up falling asleep at 8 in the morning and it's 5 am right now. This happens anytime I have any extended period of time off and it's not going to be fun in a few days when I have to wake up at a reasonable hour. 

#6 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Between 5-6 hours usually. I should be sleeping more but I don't really get tired until 1 or 2 am.

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Not enough, I can't sleep unless I'm exhausted and if hold any pose for too long I'll chest pains so I usually end up getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep before it turns into torture.

#8 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

I tend to fall asleep around 10pm for a 5am wake up so 7 hours is what I require to make it through the following work day. I'm not good with less than 5 and my performance reflects that. I can push my way though on days when I don't get enough sleep, but I then need to recover the missing sleep later.

#9 Edited by Geralt (316 posts) -

My sleep habit varies due to my drinking habit. I've done both 24 hours to 0 hour before work. BTW, do you think we can really "pay back" sleeping hours on the next day?

I find that to be false.

#10 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

This always happens when I have job interviews the next morning, I can't sleep, I start working out hoping that would knock me out, then it's 6am and my interview is at 9am I then just stay up, the world is too bright outside.

#11 Posted by Red12b (9076 posts) -

at least 6 but hopefully 8

#12 Posted by Sweep (8818 posts) -

I joined a gym a month ago and I find it much easier to fall asleep at a reasonable time after a decent workout. I used to be getting about 5 or 6 hours a night but now I'm averaging about 8 and I feel a lot better as a result.

#13 Edited by CaLe (3911 posts) -

What are you, 55 years old? This sounds like something a 55 year old war veteran would write, especially the drinking part.

#14 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

4-6 hours, weekdays.

I can typically fall asleep within 5 min of trying...almost whenever. My lack of sleep is more a case of having too many ideas and things to do, staying up late to maximize time, then needing to get up early to go to work.

Undisturbed, I can easily sleep 9-10 hours straight on weekends... though it's getting rare getting even that time.

#15 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

I sleep about 4-5 hours per night.

I usually go to bed between 2:00 AM (sometimes a little later) and get up around 6:30 AM.

#16 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

Generally if I'm planning on going out in the evening and I have work the next day, I'll try to have a nap for an hour or two in the afternoon. I know it sounds lame, but it works wonders. It means I don't have to worry about getting a long ass sleep at night in order to feel reasonably well rested the following day. It's not always possible because of my work schedules, but when I do it I feel miles better the next day than I do if I don't have that short nap.

#17 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

Six hours is all you need. Stop being anal. Getting only 4 hours or so a sleep every once in a while isn't going to kill you.

#18 Posted by wemibelec90 (1553 posts) -

6-8 hours, usually. It depends on how long it takes me to fall asleep. I have troubles getting my brain to shut up when I'm in bed and it can take upwards of an hour and a half to finally drift off sometimes. Also, waking up is entirely random and sometimes comes after four hours or sometimes after ten.

#19 Posted by kagato (895 posts) -

Usually i get between 4 and 5 hours a night during the week, way longer on a weekend, typically i go to bed around 12.30, 1am and get up at 6am for work, does mean i tend to crash out on the bus on the way in right enough. Im suffering this morning though, was up until 2.30 this morning installing linux on a laptop so not feeling to bright today lol.

#20 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Pretty decent amount. I don't have to be to work till 3:45 in the noon, the only downside is that there is no set clockout time, which means if it gets done at 3am then thats when we leave lol.

#21 Posted by ShaggE (6334 posts) -

Wow, I'm surprised at how many of you get six or less hours a night. That's such an alien concept to me... it's gotta be either eight hours or no hours (when the insomnia hits) for me, or I'm a complete zombie. I can do seven, but then I feel like shit for half of the day.

#22 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

5-6 are the usual for me. I'm fine running on that little but eventually it does all catch up and I end up sleeping a whole day away...

#23 Posted by mosespippy (4035 posts) -

A couple months ago I was getting 2 hours, then 2 hours then 4 or 4 hours then 2 then 2 because the cats would want in and then out or vice versa. I even kept the sleeping pattern when on holiday in France. Now it's more like 4 then 3. It's probably been 4 months since I got 6 straight.

#24 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

6-8 and I usually feel pretty good.

#25 Posted by Ghostiet (5225 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

I mean I am super anal...

My girl is too, so that's why I don't sleep much.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

#26 Posted by Grillbar (1797 posts) -

summer: usually 3-4 hours on weekdays and 6-8 once on weekends .

winter: usually 4-5 hours on weekdays and 7-9 once in the weekends maybe twice rarely

in between its a slow transition

but pretty much all this sommer i have gotten 3-4 on weekdays and when i get up friday afternoon (work nights) i usually stay up untill late saturday or early sunday since i usually cant sleep when i get home saturday morning since i have been active all night and walked home for about 30-40min in the refreshing morning air either that or its been to damn hot outside

#27 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I usually get like 4-5 hours of sleep. I tend to get up at 6 AM no matter what time I go to sleep at the night before.

#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (36026 posts) -

About 4 or 5 day's worth.

#29 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1224 posts) -

I strive for 8, but can settle for 6 or 7.

#30 Posted by csl316 (8124 posts) -

5 to 6 a night. I used to catch up on weekends but now my nephews tend to wake me up. Now I'm perpetually tired!

#31 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

About 4 years ago, I could totally relate to your situation. And it's important you get out of that mentality. Yes, sleep is good. But stressing over getting enough of it all the time is going to end up with a lot of regret when looking back at your life. I'm glad you spent the day with your gf, even if it kept you up until 1am.

I usually sleep at 10-11 and get up for work at 7 or 8 depending on the day, and weekends are sleep at 1 or 2 and wake up at 10.

#32 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Usually get between six and eight hours a night.

Will be interesting to see how my sleep schedule goes though, considering I should be starting a new job this week. Not sure of the hours yet.

#33 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

6-8.

#34 Posted by Razorlution (186 posts) -

I dont know how old the OP is, but get used to having sleepless nights or on average of 4-5 hrs of sleep during the work week. I have found that if I want to have a social life, something has to give, and that is sleep. I'll do that when Im dead.

#35 Posted by AlexW00d (6186 posts) -

@Razorlution said:

I dont know how old the OP is, but get used to having sleepless nights or on average of 4-5 hrs of sleep during the work week. I have found that if I want to have a social life, something has to give, and that is sleep. I'll do that when Im dead.

OP is probably much older than you, cause you most certainly grow out of that phase.

Me personally, I get roughly 6-8 hours a night, it really depends. I may as well not sleep at all though as I very rarely feel refreshed from any amount of sleep.

#36 Posted by Vanek (381 posts) -

How much sleep do I get at night? Well I work night-shift so usually just a couple of hours. *Ba-Dum-Tish* I ... uh, I'm so sorry for anyone that read that. It sounded clever in my head I swear.

I generally sleep around 6-7 hours during the working week and 8-10 if I don't set an alarm. I do have times when for some stupid reason I sleep for something ridiculous like 12, but that's usually because of a sleep debt.

#37 Posted by Sumbog (481 posts) -

I try to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, I workout a lot and I cannot function without it.

#38 Posted by Rohok (553 posts) -

Around 8 or 9. I go to bed pretty early.

#39 Posted by myketuna (1652 posts) -

I tend to get 7-9. But I wake up late as hell compared to most of you. Classes don't start until 3:00 PM, so I tend to sleep in until 9 or 10 am.

#40 Posted by Cloudleet (155 posts) -

5-6, if i start at 8, I have to get up at 7. I go to bed around 1, but takes me about an hour to fall asleep.

#41 Posted by UnrulyRuffian (113 posts) -

I've got two kids below the age of two.. so anywhere between zero and six hours sleep.

#42 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

I was in the habit of only getting 5-6 hours per night for a pretty long time, but I just recently adjusted my sleeping habits a bit to get 7-8 per night and it really is amazing how much better I feel.

#43 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I'm somewhere between 4-6 hours of sleep a night, waking up between 8-10. I like to sleep in, though.

#44 Posted by Blannir (243 posts) -

5-6 hours usually.

#45 Posted by spiredcrescent (189 posts) -

6-8. I can't sleep more than 8, i literally rise wide awake after 8 hrs even. I try not to stay out for any reason, i like my sleep

#46 Posted by Quarters (1632 posts) -

Six to eight hours, generally. Get up at 6 every morning. Usually in bed between 10 and 12. I'm so used to it now I don't even notice. Used to get four and a half hours of sleep every night when I worked for a local TV station. That was bad. Getting a lesser night of sleep every now and then isn't going to hurt you, though. Take the time to relax. Being anal and freaking out is what will exhaust you and make work worse.

#47 Posted by Schmollian (259 posts) -

Around seven hours of sleep on average.

#48 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

I strive for 6, but wind up around 4 or 5. Then maybe once a week I'll sleep a solid ten hours and make up for it. Rinse and repeat. I'm pretty much tired all of the time, and exist as a human solely because of coffee.

#49 Posted by Hunter5024 (5544 posts) -

I switch between night shift and day shift every week. My sleep varies from 4 to 12 hours. Usually at the lower end of the spectrum unless heavily aided by unhealthy amounts of Diphenhydramine.

#50 Posted by Karkarov (2984 posts) -

6-7 hours at the absolute most, more often than not 4-5.