• 75 results
#51 Posted by Jrinswand (1704 posts) -

OP, you sound like you need to chill the fuck out. Or go see a psychiatrist. Or both.

#52 Posted by BaneFireLord (2924 posts) -

I always aim for at least 8.

#53 Posted by skadave (199 posts) -

I get about 5 1/2 hours of sleep per night. . . i go to bed around 11:30pm and get up at 5:00am.

#54 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Between 7-9 hours of sleep. I do usually staying up too late and then waste too much time of the next day, which can be annoying.

#55 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

3-5 hours.

#56 Posted by Pezen (1594 posts) -

To get around 8 hours of sleep, I would need to go to bed at 8:30/9:00pm considering I have to get up around 4:30/5:00am. And considering I get home at around 3:30/4:00pm that leaves me 5 hours for food/dishes, laundry, friends, the gym (which is 4-5 times per week, about an hour or two each), video games and such. Overall, I just don't feel I can spare the time for that much quality sleep. So, usually I go to bed between 11:00pm and 00:30 am. So, somewhere between 4-6 hours. But sometimes it turns out like today where a nap before the gym turned into sleep for 3 hours instead and fucked everything up.

#57 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

bale LOL

""Between 5-6 hours usually. I should be sleeping more but I don't really get tired until 1 or 2 am"" pretty much the same with me.

really need to try & sleep more so i wont be like this every morning:

#58 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2025 posts) -

On average, 6 on a good day, 3-5 otherwise. 8+ on weekends I'm not busy!

#59 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

I go for 8, on the weekends 9+. Being half awake in bed is awesome.

#60 Posted by FLStyle (4665 posts) -

Normally 7, sometimes 5, sometimes 10.

#61 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

I think I average around 10 hours a night lol. I guess all the times people have told me I have the mental age of a 12 year old were pretty close.

I'll generally sleep less if I have uni or don't exercise though.

#62 Posted by Harpell (158 posts) -

I try to get about 7 hours of sleep each night, but that often turns into about 6.

#63 Posted by Veektarius (4772 posts) -

Between 6 and 7.

#64 Posted by MonetaryDread (2015 posts) -

Wow. I am surprised at how many people are slowly killing themselves on this board. Unfortunately that whole 7-9 hours a day is pretty much mandatory for your body to function properly.

To the people of this board, I ask how many of you meditate? I find that the only reason I ever have trouble falling asleep is because of random thoughts going through my head. Meditation teaches you how to control those thoughts. This is something that has been known for thousands of years and, yet somehow, people still don't learn.

#65 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

7-8 hours. I try to go to sleep at around 11 every night to wake up at 7, but I'm usually awake until 12. I tend to take a nap when I get home from school for about half an hour, too.

#66 Posted by MegaLombax (387 posts) -

I usually sleep at 1-2am, wake up almost always at 7am. Sleeping much more than this will make me lethargic in the morning.

#67 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@Milkman said:

I've had the last week off and it's been BAD. Last night, I ended up falling asleep at 8 in the morning and it's 5 am right now. This happens anytime I have any extended period of time off and it's not going to be fun in a few days when I have to wake up at a reasonable hour.

Dude, holy crap, I feel your pain. I'm the exact same way, even to the point of falling asleep as late (or early?) as 8am. It is bad.

#68 Edited by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

I've always had the work hard, play hard mentality that I gained from my time as a PA gofer dude for commercials and music videos. I average like 6 hours at irregular times and I'm fine with that as a young man.

#69 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

~10 hours. Love working from home!

#70 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I honestly don't really sleep. I use something that keeps me up for very long periods of time so I can work long hours. I won't mention what that something is, but it works for what its used for. Sleep has become a distant memory for me, and I figure I can sleep when I'm dead.

#71 Posted by pubbles (142 posts) -

when I'm working anywhere from 2-5 hours, when I'm not working I try for 8.

Shift work yayyyyyy

Last weekend I got 3 hours of sleep over Thursday/Friday/Sat/Sun :D

#72 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (767 posts) -

6 to 7 hours on weekdays. Usually a bit more on weekends depending on my schedule.

#73 Posted by lazyturtle (1228 posts) -

Somewhere between 4-7 hours a night, until Thursday night when I burn out and fall asleep at 9pm.

#74 Posted by Sursh (243 posts) -

6, tragically.

#75 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

10-12 hours per night. There are a variety of reasons why that is the way that it is. My sleeping hasn't been 'normal' since I was a child. I work full-time.

@PillClinton said:

@Milkman said:

I've had the last week off and it's been BAD. Last night, I ended up falling asleep at 8 in the morning and it's 5 am right now. This happens anytime I have any extended period of time off and it's not going to be fun in a few days when I have to wake up at a reasonable hour.

Dude, holy crap, I feel your pain. I'm the exact same way, even to the point of falling asleep as late (or early?) as 8am. It is bad.

Yeah. There was a period of my life starting late highschool (correspondence school from home) through all the way to the end of university where I kept something closer to a 24.5 hour sleep/wake schedule. Meaning staying up about 30 minutes later each day and going round and round the clock like that. Winding up on ass backwards schedules for weeks until i wound around the clock back to normal. Sleeping 10am to 8pm felt really good sometimes. I wish my life allowed me to do that. Society and work will not allow.