How often do you dream (or remember your dreams, for the sticklers)?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll How often do you dream (or remember your dreams, for the sticklers)? (34 votes)

Practically every day. It's uncommon for me not to dream. 24%
Fairly regularly. 38%
Rarely (only once in a long while) 35%
Never (OP's note: is there such a thing?) 3%
 • 
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Clonedzero

Pretty often. Though I'll forget the dream like an hour after i wake up. Its weird, if you asked me what i was dreaming about after i wake up, i can usually tell you. An hour or two later, i wont remember.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fairly regularly. Ugh, I keep having dreams where I come into large amounts of money, then wake up to find I'm still broke.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently I've been having at least a few dreams every night. And quite often I dream that I'm flying (noclip: on).

Then again this is not the norm for me. Soon I'll start to get more and more tired and my dreams will disappear (or I just won't remember nothing of them which is the same).

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Regularly ... altho like Clonedzero I forget later on about them except for a few intances , the highlights , etc.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tsutohiro

I remember most of my dreams, it used to be the opposite though. I wake-up for a few seconds whenever I toss and turn and I think as I'm doing so (less deep sleep) I become aware of my dreaming self. So I'm often flipping over or whatever and trying to get back into the dream I was having.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Fairly regularly, although I will forget about 20 minutes or so after I wake up. The really weird thing is that I'll randomly remember entire dreams I had years ago just out of the blue.

AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dream some kind of nonsense every single night. There was one time when I was about 6 years old that I didn't dream at all. I remember it because it seemed like only a couple of seconds passed between closing my eyes and opening them, while in reality it was a good 3 hours. Never happened again as far as I can remember.

I find that you have to sleep a certain number of hours to have memorable dreams. I'm no scientist, but it seems like as long as you wake up outside of heavy REM sleep (meaning either short or really long sleep) you'll remember that you were dreaming, and if you don't go back to sleep after waking up in the middle of a dream you'll remember it much clearer and for a lot longer.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By monetarydread

I never even have fragments of dreams. I keep a dream journal next to my bed with the intention of writing my dream fragments down, but I am never aware of even fragments. The only time I can even think of having dreams was about a week after I quit smoking weed (almost three years ago now). I had fucked up dreams for a couple of weeks, but after then, nothing.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Maybe once a fortnight will I remember a dream for more than 5 seconds after waking up.

For as long as I can remember though, and I can remember as far back as when I was 4 years old.. I've had the same dream/nightmare multiple times a week, sometimes more often, it seems so easy to explain but I find it impossible to put into words what it's about.
All memory of the dream itself always vanishes within seconds of waking up.

If only there was a way to record out dreams.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I haven't had a dream in months. I used to have them all the time though. In fact a few years ago I had nightmares all the time for like 2 months. So I can't really say I miss them.

AMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Typically the more interrupt my sleep, the more dreams I remember. Which makes sense. If you have a good nights sleep, then you wake up trying to remember many dreams. Where as if you wake up 3 times that night, thats 3 more opportunities to remember what happened.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever I'm stressed, worried or anxious over something I have the weirdest and most vivid dreams. I tend to remember those for a long time. And I think they actually help me to calm down a bit the next day. Or maybe it's just a good nights sleep that does the trick.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By bigjeffrey

ive had some intense dreams. i remember some

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Almost everyday. I lucid dream fairly regularly too.

When I was young I went through a period of time where I had very vivid nightmares, that eventually got severe enough that I had to start taking some medicine that'd make me more likely to sleep through them. I'm not sure if that had an impact on how I dream today, but whatever the case I'm happy to dream frequently. Strange and wonderful things abound in my dreams.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

For a good while I didn't even believe in dreams, I just thought it was peoples imagination running wild just before waking up.

I've dreamt and remembered parts of it a few times since though, but it is very, very rare. It's possible that I dream often, but unless I focus on it immediately it's gone as soon as I wake up.