• 120 results
#51 Edited by SirPsychoSexy (1326 posts) -

id say 6'1" and up is tall, 5'9" and lower is short, in between is average

#52 Edited by Hunter5024 (5175 posts) -

I'm 6'2 and people seem to think I'm rather tall.

#53 Posted by DillonWerner (1521 posts) -

6'3" is the perfect height.. because that's how tall I am.

This man speaks the truth

#54 Edited by DukesT3 (1853 posts) -

Anyone taller than me is considered tall and anyone shorter is short.

#55 Edited by big_jon (5660 posts) -

6' and above seems to be the theme here.

#56 Posted by mrfluke (4844 posts) -

yep over 6'+ id say is tall

#57 Posted by Chop (1965 posts) -

Really? Maybe I'm just used to all the shorties in my family and people at work but all of you saying 5'9 or 5'8 are short seem like crazy people to me.

#58 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@chop said:

Really? Maybe I'm just used to all the shorties in my family and people at work but all of you saying 5'9 or 5'8 are short seem like crazy people to me.

I mean, this is me and three of my good friends, the guy on the far right Fernando is 5'11", so it's not really that crazy.

#59 Posted by evanbower (1206 posts) -

Like, really tall, is tall.

#60 Posted by Roboculus92 (376 posts) -

Yeah I would agree that 6'+ is considered tall, though certainly anybody can feel short or tall if you put them next to somebody much shorter or taller than them. You may not realize it but a few inches more can make quite a noticeable difference in height. Anyways, no use worrying about your height so just go with the flow.

#61 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

I'm 5'8, I think. I dunno, I kept getting asked by doctors in the US how tall I was and I was like "we don't put useless information on our drivers licenses in Australia". Anywho I feel shorter than other people, but not by a whole lot.

#62 Posted by bennyboy (327 posts) -

Depends on where you live. If you live in the US especially the parts that are ethnically diverse then anything 6' or above is tall but obviously if you live in the Dinaric Alps or something 6' is gonna be the average.

#63 Edited by punkxblaze (2878 posts) -

As someone who is 6'6, everyone is short. Except for whichever one of you motherfuckers is 6'9. Fuck your shit =(.

#64 Posted by cwJoe (178 posts) -

I'm 5'6", so anyone taller than that is tall to me.

#65 Edited by WINDWAKER1 (49 posts) -

I'm also about 6'3''...so I'd say that 6'1'' up is probably considered tall by most. I'd consider 6'5'' tall personally....I hate when people are taller than me for some reason and so whenever someone actually is, I consider them tall haha. Short for me is anyone below 6'...really short is 5'6", and freakishly tall is Shawn Bradley and Yao Ming as already posted.

#66 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

Taller than me is tall, shorter than me is short; quite simple.

At a little over 6'1 I'm the tallest person in most rooms I'm in and in the top 10% in virtually all others; note I don't consider myself to be particularly tall (though I wouldn't relish being short and it's a very easy way to poke fun at people). I'd say above 6' is enough height to increase your physical attractiveness and presence; being above 6'3-6'4 or so unless you're a physical monster (like Lebron or Dwight Howard) doesn't really add anything and makes it awkward to have standing conversations/walk through doorways; so basically between 6' and 6'4 is ideal.

#67 Posted by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

You have to be at least 6' 1" and up. 6' doesn't quite cut it to me.

#68 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

Above 6 feet. I'm 6'3" and I've noticed that tall people never really "feel" tall. Like, whenever I meet somebody it's instantly MAN YOU'RE TALL, but I never even think of that. I know I'm tall, I just never notice it. Maybe because I'm always being tall? I DONO

#69 Posted by T1000 (45 posts) -

5' 6 " or above is tall for a woman.

6 ' 0 " is the average size for a man which is how tall I am.

I'd say 6' 1" or above is tall for a man.

#70 Posted by happypup70 (167 posts) -

Tall will always be a relative term. George Washington was tall at 6'2". The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels was short at 6'1". If the person you are next to is shorter to you you are tall. If the person you are next to is shorter than you you are tall.

#71 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

@happypup70: Wrestling height is like acting height, subtract 2-5 inches or so; note HBK would still only be about average; but certainly short for his profession.

#72 Posted by Aterons (198 posts) -

About 2 meter and 5 cm here ( so around 6.6-6.8 feet in the crazy american system ), I rarely think of people as tall however anyone who is bellow 1.7 meters begins to seem dwarf level small to me.

#73 Posted by Icemo (625 posts) -

I'm 5'11" which is considered average here, but it must be bullshit because it feels like everyone around me is taller than I am so the average height of man must be higher. Or I have an inferiority complex.

#74 Posted by Village_Guy (2409 posts) -

All these weird numbers people are posting. Where is the metric system when you need it?!

Above 1.9 meters I'd say is tall.

#75 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4671 posts) -
#76 Edited by panvixyl (325 posts) -

WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS SITE SO FUCKING TALL

At any rate anyone 5'6 and above is Too Tall because no one should be taller than me.

#77 Edited by Flappy (2034 posts) -

As a 5'10-5'11 dude, I consider anything over 6'1 to be tall. I really wanna be 6'2 or so. Fingers crossed for a growth spurt somewhere within the next year or two.

#78 Posted by Pr1mus (3520 posts) -
@panvixyl said:

At any rate anyone 5'6 and above is Too Tall because no one should be taller than me.

I read that and then looked at your avatar and then i laughed.

I'm sorry.

#79 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

@panvixyl: It's just the thread, people that are tall are proud of it for some reason and post; short people don't (hence why it's easy to make a troll thread on the same premise). Obviously people that play video games are short by and large, don't feel alone!

#80 Edited by Yummylee (20584 posts) -

I'm 6'2 and people seem to think I'm rather tall.

Believe or not but that makes you the same height as Arnold Schwarzenegger, during his prime anywhoo, so you're tall.

@panvixyl said:

Bah, get over it ya ungrateful lanky, howdya think I feel being a measly 5ft?! U_U

#81 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

@yummylee: Clearly you need to inspect www.arnoldheight.com

#82 Edited by Hunter5024 (5175 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Hahaha, I can't believe that exists. I wanted to believe Yummylee!

#83 Edited by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@fredchuckdave said:

@panvixyl: It's just the thread, people that are tall are proud of it for some reason and post; short people don't (hence why it's easy to make a troll thread on the same premise). Obviously people that play video games are short by and large, don't feel alone!

Why would people who play videogames be short? This makes no sense to me.

Also you're the one who copied my threads name...

#84 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

@big_jon: Question: Would you have made this thread if you were 5'6?

@hunter5024: Well to be fair they don't really "prove" anything decisively (and the writer(s) clearly love Arnold as any real man would), his magic shoes are probably only adding a couple inches so his actual height is probably somewhere between 5'10 and 6'. He's still a physical paragon at any rate, but hey by odd general consensus in this thread he's not 'tall'

#85 Edited by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Clearly not, because if you read the OP you would see that it would not make sense then. Why would you you think that people who play games are short? I mean why would your liking of videogames be influenced by your height?

And Arnold was 6'2".

#86 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

i would think 5' 10 and up is considered tall. i'm 5'5 feel short.

#87 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -
#88 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@iam3green: Nothing wrong with being short.

not really, just can't reach things that are high.

#89 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

We could go crazy and say that the average height differs from country to country. So 6' is actually pretty normal where I live. If you take the world average I think 5'9" to 5'11" is the average. I myself am a 5'9" guy, I do feel short when playing basketball and I am already past hoping for more growth.

#90 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -

@medacris said:

Agreeing with the "6'0" and over is tall" statement, but I don't understand 5'9" being treated as so short as to be considered diminutive. Most of the men in my family are around 5'6".

5'8" is the average height of males around the world.

The majority of countries fall under 6' as the national average, with only a handful breaking it (from census between 1990-2013, so I'd imagine these figures haven't changed much).

I don't consider myself tall, at just a touch off 6', but 5'9" certainly isn't short.

#91 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

But you're talking to a 6' 5" guy so take that with a grain of salt.

Lies, Ice Cube is not that tall.

#92 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

I'm 6'0. I'd say that anything under 6'0 is short :P

#93 Posted by Kaibar (81 posts) -

高い物だけは高いですね。 Or something like that.

そうですね。Or something like that.

#94 Posted by KarlPilkington (2656 posts) -

6'3" I'd say.

#95 Posted by Video_Game_King (34615 posts) -

@kaibar said:

@video_game_king said:

Man, I want to call you a dick for this, and I want to do it in Japanese, but I'm having trouble finding the exact translation for something like "dick" or "asshole".

#96 Edited by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@kaibar said:

@video_game_king said:

Man, I want to call you a dick for this, and I want to do it in Japanese, but I'm having trouble finding the exact translation for something like "dick" or "asshole".

Ashore? J/K

#97 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

I haven't seen the stats for awhile, but not long ago the average height for a woman was something like 5'4" and the average height for a man was 5'7" -- meaning anything above that would fit into the "tall" category.

Being taller comes with a lot of the same benefits of being attractive. More dates. Higher salary -- a 6' man averages a 2% bigger salary than a 5'10" man. More respect in the work place, perceived by others to be more confident, etc. It also comes with some negatives, such as a greater risk of hip-injury when they're older and . . . a shorter life span by an average of two years (actually, shorter and smaller creatures in almost every species tend to live longer than the bigger creatures in the same species).

Of course, if you run an airline, then you assume that 4'8" is the average height.

#98 Posted by BisonHero (5674 posts) -

@branthog: What did those stats cover? Is that a worldwide average height that covers basically all living humans today, or is it specific to a country, continent, or particular race of people?

#99 Edited by Intro (1191 posts) -

I'm 19 and 6ft or so. People call me "tall" all the time and I don't get it really. Although I believe average height is 5'10 or something like that.

#100 Posted by ShaggE (5987 posts) -

A good way to tell is to add up all the times people have asked you if you play basketball. *grumble grumble*

I'm 6'3", but I live in an area of PA that seems to be rather short on average, so you'd think I was Manute Bol or glentennis, the way people go on. Also, I'm going to start measuring things by glentennises/glentennii.