How would you feel if you found out you are sterile?

• 128 results
KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#51  Edited By KillyDarko

I don't really want to have kids, so I'd probably be ok with it.

d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By d_breeze

I want kids, but if I found out I was infertile I don't know how I'd feel. I've always planned on adopting kids when I get older instead of having them, but my future spouse may actually want to have kids so his genes can be passed along or whatever. So I think he'd be more bummed out than I would... He'd know before hand of course, but it would probably still hurt.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By fattony12000

Hitler Spears.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Pezen

When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I would have said to be ecstatic about the notion of being sterile. Though as time pass, I think my biology has caught up with me to the point where I actually probably wouldn't mind having kids when the time comes. So in some way, I would probably be a little bit bummed about it since I'm probably too much of a narcissist to ever consider adoption.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Slay3r1583

Considering I've seriously thought about getting vasectomy so I can never have any horrible crotch spawn that would be awesome. The idea of going through any kind of surgery is scary to me even more so when it involves my naughty bits.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jozzy

Seeing how I already have three kids and they are annoying me as I type this, I picked ecstatic :P

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By bacongames

Really really dejected and depressed. I really look forward to having children and knowing that would be devastating.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jozzy

@Pezen said:

When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I would have said to be ecstatic about the notion of being sterile. Though as time pass, I think my biology has caught up with me to the point where I actually probably wouldn't mind having kids when the time comes. So in some way, I would probably be a little bit bummed about it since I'm probably too much of a narcissist to ever consider adoption.

I am going to guess many posting here will change their mind about kids when they get a little older. It's in our (primal) nature to procreate and it takes a special someone to spit your own own primal urges in the face.

EDIT: Instead of older I should probably say: once the reach that phase in their life where they have a steady relationship, a decent job and a house.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Fallen189

Upset

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By mtcantor

I would be sad. My wife would probably be pissed. Then again, if you adopt you get to actually chose your kid...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By penguindust

There's always adoption, foreign and domestic. Maybe you can score one of them fightin' babies I hear are all the rage these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horny.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would probably go through the five stages

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Ultimately followed by

@JacobShOckgosu said:

Horny.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't really care too much, I have no plans to have kids and I generally have a deep disliking towards kids...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Cloudenvy said:

Indifferent.

Yep. I do not plan on reproducing.

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By Consaw

It would not be that big of deal to me since I really dont want kids.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheHumanDove

Never wear a condom.

Acquire so many STDs.

Livin' the life

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By dichemstys

I don't think sad would even begin to describe it. Fucking devastated.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#70  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It would depend on if I wanted children.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RE_Player1

I want kids but being sterile wouldn't stop me. I'd just adopt.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#72  Edited By musubi

Wouldn't care because there is always adoption and while breeding your own offspring would be great there are so many kids who need good homes that adopting would almost seem like the more noble option anyways IMO.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mandude

It wouldn't bother me at all having to adopt.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74  Edited By Justin258

@Calitar said:

Given that I already got a vasectomy to ensure I never have kids...I'm already sterile! Yay!

My answer was originally going to be "all right, I don't currently have a problem with that", but then I saw this and I was like "...never? Am I sure I would completely like to cut that route of my life off"?

A lot of people like their kids. They might tease them or complain that they drive them up the wall, but at the end of the day people keep describing their kids as their greatest joy. How do I know that my current perspective of "hell naw" won't ever change to "maybe" and then "all right, let's do some multiplication, baby!"?

The truth is that it wouldn't bother me at all now but when I turn 30, 40, 50 years old, the inability to procreate might be something that future me sorely misses and deeply wishes things had gone differently. Sure, I could have adopted, but it may be too late by the time future me realizes that kids could have been amazing.

Anyway, I know for certain that I do not want any little buggers until I'm at least 25, and that's a stretch. I'd rather wait until I'm 30. No, really. My 20's are not for having kids.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Milkman

Wow, a lot of people in this thread seem to be very sure that they will never want kids. Hmm....

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By medacris

I'd probably be really bummed out, because I've always been fond of kids (heck, I chose my career path in animation because I knew I'd be working mostly on kids' stuff, and I wanted to create things that would entertain them and make them smile) and wanted to have one or two of my own, but adoption is always an option, provided my partner's up for having kids.

Regardless, though, right now I'm in a relationship where it's impossible for us to have kids biologically, so we're probably going to adopt anyways if we end up being able to get married.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Jeust

C. Happy for not having unexpected kids, unhappy for not being able to have children in the future.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By JasonR86

My stupid 'guy' response is "Fucking stoked!!!!" But really I would be bummed. I would like to have children at some point.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I'd feel terrible, I'd really like to have kids in the future. 

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DoctorWelch

At this point in my life, it would be fucking amazing. I'm sure my feelings would change down the road when I possibly want to have kids, that is, if I ever want to have kids.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Calitar

@believer258 said:

@Calitar said:

Given that I already got a vasectomy to ensure I never have kids...I'm already sterile! Yay!

My answer was originally going to be "all right, I don't currently have a problem with that", but then I saw this and I was like "...never? Am I sure I would completely like to cut that route of my life off"?

A lot of people like their kids. They might tease them or complain that they drive them up the wall, but at the end of the day people keep describing their kids as their greatest joy. How do I know that my current perspective of "hell naw" won't ever change to "maybe" and then "all right, let's do some multiplication, baby!"?

The truth is that it wouldn't bother me at all now but when I turn 30, 40, 50 years old, the inability to procreate might be something that future me sorely misses and deeply wishes things had gone differently. Sure, I could have adopted, but it may be too late by the time future me realizes that kids could have been amazing.

Anyway, I know for certain that I do not want any little buggers until I'm at least 25, and that's a stretch. I'd rather wait until I'm 30. No, really. My 20's are not for having kids.

Just to clarify some things: I really don't like being around kids, my spouse also really doesn't like kids and neither of us have great genes. Also kids would interfere with our life goals which are far from the standard white picket fence with 2.5 kids.

EDIT: My main point is this is not something that we took lightly. We spent many hours discussing this before we decided I should get a vasectomy.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rohok

I'd fuck all them bitches without a condom.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I've got my three so, wouldn't care any more.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DarkShaper

Haveing kids is not something that I have put much thought into so for now it would just be one less thing to worry yself with.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Meowshi

Even though I'm not sure I will ever have kids, I think I'd be really sad. I know adoption is an option, but it's not quite the same.

Yeah, it would suck.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By living4theday258

I don't plan to have kids for a while but i would like to someday, if I found out I was sterile right now I would probably be saddened.

EDIT: scratch that I just remembered why I dislike kids they're noisy, they can be jackasses, and they beg for EVERYTHING.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I would feel horrible.

I want to leave apart of myself here before I die. Something that could pass on my name or genes or anything at all. It's the whole point of life.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By Hunter5024

I can't imagine finding myself in a situation where it would matter. Not like Ill ever find a lady friend again. Maybe it's because of my rampant misogyny/racism, radical religious ideas, and/or my unsettling genetic mutations enhancements.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Hunter5024 said:

I can't imagine finding myself in a situation where it would matter. Not like Ill ever find a lady friend again. Maybe it's because of my rampant misogyny/racism, radical religious ideas, and/or my unsettling genetic mutations enhancements.

You sound like you know how to party.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Calitar

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would feel horrible.

I want to leave apart of myself here before I die. Something that could pass on my name or genes or anything at all. It's the whole point of life.

You don't need children to leave a mark on the world. My plan is to be remembered for my games and music. Do you think that Will Wright will be forgotten just because he has no children (that I am aware of)? Sure, he's super famous, but even a lesser known dev like Cactus or Derek Yu has left a memorable mark on the world.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By cyraxible

I'd be okay with being sterile but I chose unsure because I would like to have the choice in the future if I want to have kids that inherit my genes.

I'm not too worried about getting a prospective partner pregnant.

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93  Edited By tutuboy95

This all hinges on the assumption that I will find a woman who loves me and who I love that I can settle down with. If I found this out, I guess I would be pretty disappointed.

But you have to always consider the small probability that I will have a harem in the future. Small. But it exists. I guess.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By matthias2437

Kind of sad..... I want a kid some day (not now, just some day) my girlfriend would be happy though since she never wants kids so that's a plus.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would feel horrible.

You don't need children to leave a mark on the world. My plan is to be remembered for my games and music. Do you think that Will Wright will be forgotten just because he has no children (that I am aware of)? Sure, he's super famous, but even a lesser known dev like Cactus or Derek Yu has left a memorable mark on the world.

There's a huge difference between a living breathing person and one's own success. I would rather have the first than the second.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Calitar

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would feel horrible.

There's a huge difference between a living breathing person and one's own success. I would rather have the first than the second.

Shakespeare has no living descendants. Just sayin'.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NegativeCero

I'd probably be sad, if not immediately, then later in life. And even if I didn't become upset, I wouldn't want the option taken from me.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would feel horrible.

Well, Neither did Hitler. Just sayin'.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Calitar

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would feel horrible.

Godwin'd

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Calitar said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would feel horrible.

Godwin'd

Godwin is my middle name.