D. Physical Violence

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Telepathy

#4 Posted by Bocam (3667 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

D. Physical Violence

I knew I left out something.

#5 Edited by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Person I actually want to converse with: in person.

Random employee/customer service rep/etc: always text.

I'll also add that I wholeheartedly agree with Jeff's hatred of telephony. Fuck phones, man.

#6 Posted by CaLe (3897 posts) -

Phone because then I don't have to see their stupid face.

#7 Posted by Fat_Magnum (68 posts) -

Through breakdance metaphors.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

text but I hate my voice so

#9 Posted by JasonR86 (9578 posts) -

It depends on what we're talking about.

#10 Edited by sixpin (1286 posts) -

I prefer an in person conversation. I dislike talking on the phone. Text is fine though.

#11 Posted by RWBladewing (115 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

^ This. Though lately I've been running into more cases of customer service reps simply ignoring my emails. Still less trouble than trying to actually talk to them though.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

Always through text, unless it's something significantly important (then maybe in person would be preferable).

#13 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Depends on the situation.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

Through the art of dance. Or dancing with words. And fireaxes.

#15 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

it depends.

if the person is next to me or with in a distance they will hear me i prefer to talk

if the person is outside that range and i need to talk to them i'l call them

if i just want to know something and im in not hurry for a response i'l text them.

#16 Posted by That1BlackGuy (217 posts) -

I ain't gon front I dislike talking on the phone for some reason (probably because my hearing sucks), but I can throw up text's or have a convo in person no issue.

#17 Posted by LikeaSsur (1486 posts) -

Who is this person? A stranger? Family member? Acquaintance? Potential Lover? Best Friend?

It all depends on who this "someone" is.

#18 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

as an IT employee i prefer talking in-person because most of the time people don't know what the hell they are talking about or just lie to me, so i need to be able to see what they mean

#19 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

THE ART OF THE FIST.

#20 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I hate, hate, HATE talking on the phone.

#21 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -

Friends and family: In person.

Everything else: Text.

Fuck Phones.

#22 Posted by Bocam (3667 posts) -

I mostly made this poll just to make sure I wasn't weird for disliking talking on the phone.

#23 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

In person obviously, but that's not always an option. I can't stand when people flip a shit about how we text or talk on the phone too much. Stupid people do that, and if you're gonna text the person sitting next to you, you're easily ignored anyway.

#24 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@skrutop said:

I hate, hate, HATE talking on the phone.

why.

#25 Posted by Muerthoz (345 posts) -

In person because it's easier to tell if they're paying attention.

#26 Posted by TerribleStapler (39 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

I'll also add that I wholeheartedly agree with Jeff's hatred of telephony. Fuck phones, man.

Might I add that I wholeheartedly agreement with your statements.

#27 Posted by pyromagnestir (4194 posts) -

I don't hate talking on the phone as I was born in the 80's.

Actually I kinda like a phone call. It's nice when you can talk to someone who you otherwise wouldn't be able to without a long trip and/or lots of scheduling and so on. And after all that and you're there you feel the need to talk and talk about anything just because you went to all the trouble to see them, whereas a phone call can last just as long as you want or need it to. But this is assuming the person is someone I want to be talking to in the first place.

#28 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

I never answer my cell phone. Not even for people I know.

#29 Edited by Zaccheus (1784 posts) -

Toss up between talking and text. I fucking hate talking on the phone.

#30 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

These seem like the kind of opinions I could get behind.

Now where exactly did Jeff state his dislike of telephony? I'm mostly asking because I'm hoping it will be some kind of podcast rant that someone could easily link me to.

#31 Posted by Profsn1pe (16 posts) -

I'd prefer to talk to random people through text since I have a high pitch voice (that I hate with a Passion) and random people sometimes think I'm lying when I say I'm 20. It doesn't help that most phones and mics make my voice sound even higher so I have a hatred of talking on the phone. If I do know the person though I like to talk in person.

#32 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: It was definitely on a Bombcast. I think not too long after the CBSi merger, because he was talking about having to talk on the phone a bunch to make plans and do business-y stuff. Maybe it was right before E3 actually...

#33 Posted by mlarrabee (2868 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

Exactly the same here.

#34 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I hate talking on the phone, and I don't like paying the bullshit overpriced fees for texting. And people piss me off. Arghh, just leave me alone already.

#35 Posted by ajamafalous (11801 posts) -

Person > Text > Phone

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (35795 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

Telepathy

I wouldn't recommend it.
#37 Posted by Chop (1991 posts) -

In person, with text being a close second.

I HATE talking on the phone though. I'm terrible at it and manage to turn every fucking phone call into the most awkward thing in the world.

#38 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4245 posts) -

In person. I'm not the best person to have a conversation with, but, fuck, do I hate talking on the phone. I honestly don't know why, but it bothers the hell out of me when people try to have real, long-ass conversations over the phone. Texting is even worse in my opinion. Obviously, if someone wants to have a small 5-10 minute chat or say what's up or whatever then fine. Other than that, I'd rather talk face to face.

I dunno, it all feels so goddamn...impersonal. If someone does insist on calling/texting then fine I'll do it, but I'd much rather talk face to face. Like the only other form of communication that doesn't annoy me is Skype or any form of webcam chat really.

#39 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

It depends on the person in question.

#40 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

In person. Way less confusion than those other forms.

#41 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I like them to email me a link to their webcam.

#42 Posted by BonOrbitz (2136 posts) -
#43 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (529 posts) -

Text. Always. The only person I don't mind talking with on the phone or in person is my girlfriend. I suppose I'm just an impersonal kind of guy.

#44 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Talking in person is always preferable, but between phone calls and texts it's really a toss up. If it's a friend who can't spell properly and/or uses emoticons and stupid acronyms, I usually try to avoid text conversations as much as possible.

#45 Posted by believer258 (11557 posts) -

In person.

Phone talk sucks. I get on there, get whatever I need to say done with, and then get off, and I'm too slow at texting for it to ever be useful.