Hows your exercise/diet plan going?

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bobdaman18

I'm looking for some motivation by hearing from people who have been trying to get into better shape or just what you've been doing to keep from getting out of shape.

Lately i've been trying to make an effort to be more healthy, I started by cutting out certain really bad foods and trying to pick healthier stuff more often.  My choices are slowly getting better even though i relapse sometimes.  I'm also trying to cutback on coffee to one cup a day from 3 or 4.   

For exercise i did some light running and pushups for the past 3 weeks, gradually pushing myself a little harder.  This week school started up again so i'm starting to hit the gym a bit harder with the ultimate aim of about 30 minutes of cardio (eliptical, rowing, or bike) followed by 30 min of weights.  For the weights i'm breaking it up by body part 

Day A: back and biceps

Day B: Chest, shoulders, and triceps 
Day C: Legs and core stuff 

I'm not really too sure what i'm doing, generally i'm trying to do as many compound exercises as possible since i hear they are better for people out of shape like myself, and i'm trying to do high reps with little rest between since my main goal is stamina and weight loss.  I'm aiming to hit the gym 4 days a week for now, might up it depends on how it goes.  I'm 5'8 and 166.4 lbs right now, aiming to get back into the 150's.

So please let me know what you're doing, it'll give me (and hopefully others) motivation and maybe some ideas of different things to do.  Also feel free to critique my exercise plan, i'm gonna try to get myself to update this if i make any progress or if i slip and need to remind myself of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

My diet/excersise has been top notch for the last couple months. I can do 1000 stomach crunches now.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Krav maga, way too much, then i'm stopping that for a few months to learn Mixed martial arts then going back. Overall I get a fighters workout, then back to a military fighting system. I exercise like 4X a week usually, 1.5 hours a day.  

You should try to combine cardio with body weight exercises, which means pushups, situps, lunges, jumping jacks. Getting a punching bag will be fun if you learn how to strike it properly, it's a good workout. I highly recommend mixed martial arts as a way to stay in shape ( I only recommend it because i'm doing it and from my experience it really helps, however it's not for everyone, that's why I just recommend something simple like a punching bag)

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bobdaman18
@HitmanAgent47:
I tried Taekwondo once and broke a toe the first day of class, i prefer to do my own thing when i exercise instead of doing group work anyway.  I've been thinking about getting either a punching bag or a rowing machine so i'd have something i could use at home.  If i got a punching bag and just beat on it with terrible technique would i risk injury?
confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By confinedbread
@Bobdaman18:  
I've been rowing for about 4 years now, and have an erg set up for winter workouts. Trust me, that thing can give some kickass workouts;  if you're using it correctly, you will learn to hate it. The worst are 10x500M sprints, after #8 I'm on the verge of offing myself with the chain.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

It's non-existent for me ;)

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47
  @Bobdaman18: You would totally risk injury if the technique wasn't right. Maybe it wasn't a good suggestion. Maybe using a boxing glove would help from really messing up your knuckles at least.  (i'm talking about hitting the punching bag for those who can't read)

Well i'll throw in a few suggestions for you, you can probally youtube boxing techniques for punching, muay thai for kicking. You also need a good martial art stance, look I can find some videos for you if you need it for techniques or tell you where to find it. It's alot of fun, just make sure when your kicking, always point your toes foward doing a round house kick so your toes doesn't smash into the bag sideways. You hit it with your lower shins and you pivot (counter clockwise from the ball of your foot) the other left foot when you kick for more power. Kicking foward, don't point your toes, rather hit with your heel for a powerful stomp kick, or the ball of your foot for a defensive snap kick. For punching you want to always turn your fist so your palms face downwards, tuck your chin of course because if you were in a fight, they can knock you backwards if you don't. Your always going to hit with your first two knuckles (jab). After you throw the punch, bring it back to your fighting stance. Right cross, when you throw it same thing, turn your body and right foot counter clock wise like you were putting out a cigarette with your toe and pivot your body into the punch, bring it back (recoil) Hook punches, you turn your left foot, on the ball of the foot counter clockwise, don't drop your arms, go for a quick hook punch and bring it back. You should be able to walk around in your stance by not crossing your leg, which is common in alot of martial arts. Once you know what to do, you won't hurt yourself. You can also knee and elbow the bag too, uppercuts are more difficult though. Look if you are seriously interested I can give you all the info from videos you will ever need. Once the technique is correct, you shouldn't hurt yourself, however you will have to keep doing it correctly and that's why ppl has martial art or boxing instructors. Maybe you should try it in front of a mirror and try to resemble the technique. If your not interested, it was just a suggestion. For me most of the time, I don't have to hit the punching bag, I have training partners to hold focus mitts, muay thai pads, kick shields and stuff like that.
mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By mesklinite

I've lost almost 25 lbs so far. p90 is shaping me up. The key for everything to work is strict food plan. But don't forget  once or twice a month toeat out wiht your friends, it's good for moral. Just don't over do it.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ninjakiller

WHO TOLD YOU??

I'm not trying to lose any weight, but I have been trying to eat healthier lately.  I've had smooties every morning for the past couple weeks for breakfast.  
(Low-fat sugar free yogurt, frozen fruit, juice, and just a touch of honey)  Tasty.

Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Labbo94

All you need is dedication and motivation 
 This is my split. PM me and I can send the file/cleaner image.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b65f243818c0
deactivated-5b65f243818c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mesklinite said:
" I've lost almost 25 lbs so far. p90 is shaping me up. The key for everything to work is strict food plan. But don't forget  once or twice a month toeat out wiht your friends, it's good for moral. Just don't over do it. "
Congrats :-) Keep it up! 

My older sister, over the course of about a year and a half, has lost almost 200 pounds; diet and exercise only. She looks amazing! Single men in the Midland, TX area, lend me your ears! ;-)
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jasta
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" i'm stopping that for a few months to learn Mixed martial arts " 

" I highly recommend mixed martial arts as a way to stay in shape. "

Dude, you cant learn mixed martial arts. Its a sport made up from boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, sambo, BJJ. wrestling and countless other styles. Yes it is a good way to stay in shape but encouraging someone with little or no martial arts experience to jump in at the deep end and put them altogether is pretty dumb.

@Bobdaman18:

If you are really going to take martial arts seriously do not waste your time watching videos, find a class or dojo you can commit to. There are countless stances, ways to kick, punch, elbow, knee and grapple and learning on gaming forums or youtube is not the way to do it.

I did Karate when I was younger, I do Krav Maga, BJJ and Kickboxing at the moment. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Jasta: it worked for me, then again I do have some martial art experience.  

Also I only recommended youtube videos for him to punch a punching bag. He said he's not interested in MMA, so I suggested him to get a punching bag. Then again calling others dumb, you failed to read my post. Those videos has nothing to do with learning martial arts, rather learning how to strike a punching bag without injuring himself. 

To the op if you want to strike at a bag properly, just learn from the best pound for pound fighter in the entire world, no need for a bunch of other videos. I can't belive you think this video wouldn't help the op improve and correct his punching ability. There is a whole series on this and I have the dvd myself which I use to practice with before any sparring. The op doesn't have to fight anyone like spar with them, or defend himself when hitting a punching bag. I mean it's kind of difficult to mess up the techniques from these videos.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArchScabby

How come I've lost 30 lbs this year and look exactly the same as I did 30 pounds ago?

d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By d_breeze

I already eat healty and I'm really into cardio and muscle building. I just bought light-weight ankle and wrist weights to go wear while I do cardio to help tone up a little more.
I don't lift during the summer because I don't I don't really like the gyms around my house, but when I get back to school I'm going to start up again.

Good luck with your workout and stay motivated :)

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By JonathanMoore
@Labbo94 said:
"
"
Hero.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee
@Bobdaman18:
Three months ago I weighed 235 lbs. Today I am 200 lbs. I am 5' 11'' and my goal is to weigh 165 - 170 lbs. 

The main excercise I do is just walking, but when it comes to losing weight the biggest thing is simply the number of calories you eat vs. the number of calories you burn in a day. 

The most important idea for me, and this is really important, is NOT THINKING OF IT AS A DIET. A diet is something you go on and off of, which means you will eventually go off of it. You have to think of it as a full lifestyle change. I have made simple changes.  

1. Never eat fast/junk food. 
2. Cut down soft drinks and sugar to occasional treats. 
3. Cut down deep fried foods and really greasy high in saturated fat foods like pizza down to occasional treats. 
3. Eat less at every meal.

Thats it. Instead of eating a huge sandwhich, I'll eat half a sandwhich. Instead of literally eating a whole pizza, I'll eat two slices. I am use to eating normal amounts of food now and the idea of gorging myself just grosses me out. 

Anyway this is what has worked for me.  I hope it helps someone out.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green

i'm a skinny person so i don't have to diet. 

i lift a couple of times. i do:

pushup- 25
curls-30
situps-30
bycles- 30
bench-30 
squats-20

i do this with 20 pound dumbbell. i haven't exercised in a while as it's summer time and it is hot.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jasta

@HitmanAgent47:  

There are so many more things you get out of training from a class than a video. The video doesint talk back, motivate you, tell you if you are doing something wrong and you cant ask it questions either. If its just for punching a bag then yeah great, but there are plenty more effective ways to keep fit.

Video's are fine for pointers for those with the experience but building your technique from ground up watching the TV? No way. (seriously, learning to pass guard from a DVD?)

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Bobdaman18 said:

"@HitmanAgent47: I tried Taekwondo once and broke a toe the first day of class, i prefer to do my own thing when i exercise instead of doing group work anyway.  I've been thinking about getting either a punching bag or a rowing machine so i'd have something i could use at home.  If i got a punching bag and just beat on it with terrible technique would i risk injury? "

@Jasta: You totally don't get it. I never said to learn martial arts from a dvd. Where did I say that? you are totally unable to read what i'm writing. I'm answering that question above, I didn't say for him to learn every technique from a martial art. I was speaking about my experience and it did keep me fit. It uses both aerobic and anerobic, by punching and kicking stuff, rather than lifting dead weights or doing cardio seperately.

Why are you talking about passing a guard? I didn't say anything about brazilian ju jitsu. (I was only talking about a punching bag, you can't pass a guard with a punching bag) Prove it to me I recommended him to learn from dvds formartial arts. I never made such a claim and I will never make such a claim. The only thing I claimed is martial arts is a great workout. Also he asked me if he can get injured using the wrong technique for the punching bag, so I suggested he can get the right techniques quickly from videos for striking only. I never said he could learn martial arts from it. If you still don't understand me then it's your fault, not mine, learn to read, seriously. You insult my intellegence by making such claims. Also by watching the above you think he can't learn to punch stuff more correctly right away following the pointers? If using martial arts to get into shape is so dumb, then why are you using it? We all know how to throw a punch if we have to defend ourselves, i'm just saying using the same natural punch to correct it like the finer points above to get the most out of it.  
Also you take krav maga, muay thai and brazilian ju jitsu all at the same time? I find that hard to belive. 

I am saying it here so if you can read, I never claim to say you can learn martial arts from a dvd, that's your claim to what I said. I am not talking about learning a complete martial arts from a dvd. No one is that stupid to learn martial arts without an instructor. However I said he can at least learn how to throw a few punches correctly which will reduce chances of injury for a punching bag. You misread my post, if you even read them at all and taken things consistently out of context and put words in my mouth. Hey everyone else, is this guy seriously suggesting that I am saying you can learn martial arts watching a few videos? Or am I just showing the op how to punch a bag correctly so he will reduce injury? I'm showing him what he's suppose to do to avoid injury.  
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jasta

@HitmanAgent47: All I am saying is there is more to get from a class than a DVD in any way shape or form. If a beginner cant learn how to punch correctly right away from someone standing in front of them, correcting their mistakes as they make them. How will you know you are making mistakes when this thing cant tell you?

That wasint in reference to anything you said dude, I couldint help but notice big nogs face at the end of the video with " Passing guard for MMA " plastered across it. xD Both him and Anderson are brilliant fighters but they still cant offer much through a TV screen.

Its quite possible dude, Krav tuesday, BJJ and Kickboxing monday,wednesday and thursday. I train with a mate who has a considerable amount more experience than I do in BJJ which helps for practicing techniques, also my dad used to teach jiu-jitsu. I have the resources so why not use them. =)

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Jasta: He is hitting a bag right? So he has some sort of feedback. Also if you are using a brazilian ju jitsu dummy, they make them for practicing submissions, you can learn something. Will it be perfect no, however will you still be able to apply it if you have something to apply it on? Sort of. He can learn to pass the guard from a good dvd, however he won't get an opponent resisting his technique, however having something as a reference point, he can sort of learn something from it. I am not talking about shadow boxing here or just watching a dvd or reading a book, rather applying what you read or watched. Knowledge isn't power if you don't apply it.

Look he can learn a few punches, that's why I said us a mirror. He can see how his techniques and angles matches up to the instruction to correct himself. He might realise he isn't holding his hands high enough or he didn't tuck his chin. If he wants, he can learn a bit of that, then pay a boxing instructor for private lessons for a day. He can get all the corrections in one day then keep applying it that way from now on. Sometimes you can videotape yourself hitting the bag and then correct the technique if you know every detail about it and it's angle, you can spot the mistake yourself. Punching isn't difficult we all can do it naturally, it's just not everyone can do it correctly. If anything, at least he won't break his knuckles or break a toe trying to apply correct techniques. It takes alot of disclipline to apply it correctly constantly without an instructor of course. However that's not what i'm claiming. If dvds are not helpful for a quick seminar, then they should stop selling it according to you.  

So you only learn krav one day per week. Why learn krav and kick boxing? Lots of similarities between them. Also kick boxing? Not muay thai? 

One more question I just thought of, what do you think of no gi ju jitsu? I'm not going to be learning anything using a uniform, I think that's sort of cheating because in a street or mma fight, not everyone is wearing a gi or baggy clothes for you to control. I like to have your opinion on it because I have the option of both, however i'm going with no gi ju jitsu for my MMA training next month.
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Devil240Z

I have been trying to eat better. Drink only water. Get more exercise.  

The three hardest things in the world for me.  

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kelbear
@Bobdaman18: 

Quite well. I know how fit I can be, and so it's easier to achieve things I know I'm capable of. Fitness is pretty low on my list of priorities, but now that some room has cleared up, I have no problem picking up where I left off.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jasta

@HitmanAgent47:  I've had people throw chokes and locks on me (and vice versa) and yanked/squeezed as hard as they could and it just doesint work no matter how much it might feel like it does. A dummy cant tell you its not working. I dont think passing guard is neccasary for keeping fit unless you actually plan on doing BJJ, I just made the observation on the video and commented on it. xD 

Even still its the minor adjustments needed that go un-noticed but your right, we can all punch...sort of. =P Techniques take years to perfect, you wont learn properly if its not consistent instruction.

The idea behind krav was simplicity, why have a dozen techniques for a certain situation when a specific one or two does the job? Its simple to learn. I'm not sure how its taught in the US but in the UK its easy to pick up, I passed my first grading after 2 months of training once a week, not because I'm good it just really is that simple a system. Krav was designed for the Israelli military for survival that makes sense and is to the point where as kickboxing is a sport. Why punch/kick to the face when someone could have a granite chin, I dont care how big a guy is, you kick him in the nuts he will crumble. Tools are the same but the means in which you use them are entirely different. =) 

Its Jun-Fan kickboxing which includes elbows and knee's if thats why you ask. Again same tools but the form is different.

We should ruin threads more often =P 

EDIT: I do gi and no gi. Gi is just tradition and is mostly used for sport. True no gi is needed for MMA but in all honesty if you are in a street fight the last place you want to be is on the floor tying yourself up, he could have friends with him. No matter how hard you train in martial arts, you will never be fully prepared for a street fight and thats what Krav was designed for. To the point and no messing around.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By face15

Ha ha ha ha.... exercise. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By crusader8463

I have tried on several occasions to get in shape, but one of a handful of things always happens. I will wake up one day after weeks of doing the same thing and just hurt all over- I will literally be unable to move. This always forces me to be laid up for a few days and by the time it's over I have successfully been demoralized to the point that I don't go back to trying to exercise when I'm able to. The worst part is that it wasn't even any kind of real exercise that I was doing. I would just go out and walk around my long driveway and come back in side.

The other problem is food. I live at home, and get zero say in what gets bought for groceries. Because of this, the only foods that are ever in the house that I can stand eating are the same handful of "bad" foods that I'm forced to eat all the time. Even if I could buy the food there isn't much out there that I can stand eating. I hate almost all vegetables, and about 90% of fruit I can't eat because it gives me really bad stomach pains and heart burn from the natural acids in them.

Plus there is the whole emotional side of needing to be in a state of mind to care about yourself to be motivated enough to want to change and get in shape. Something I have never had.

Funfact: Just a little while ago I went to get a bowl of Yogurt and just happened to look at the label and see what was in it. It had 20% trans fat per serving! I thought Yogurt was supposed to be good for you, but it had more transfat in it then most "bad" food that I eat.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Jasta: Well since we are talking about our own exercise plan, I asked you also about no gi ju jitsu. Don't worry, we are talking about our workouts, so it doesn't matter because the op did ask us what our exercise routine is. Also since we both exercise quite often, we can sort of inspire other ppl to give it a try. What is your opinion on it, I just should know which one I should take, i'm going with no gi ju jitsu only, I just want to know if it's wise.  

Well if anything the dummy can at the very least help you on your technique, sure it doesn't tap, however if you do the move right, it should be a good way to train if you don't have time to go to a MMA gym. Then when you do go there, it's easier to get into the position before the submission, your familar with it. Okay a punching bag doesn't feel pain or hits you back either, however you can work on certain points of your technique. I know everything about krav's history and it's very easy, however in sparring, they do poorly against sport fighters in my observation. I'm learning MMA so I can go back and submit my whole class. I was tired of the instructors saying I can't do takedowns or submissions because we are street fighters or we aren't sport fighters we have no rules. What if your opponent is resistant to pain? or you missed the groin or it's blocked by a kick boxer, now you have nothing but simple kick boxing to rely on. I been in krav for a while now, I am quite far in the system, eventually you have to learn more difficult techniques and the simplicity and natural reaction is less. You will require a lot more skill. Muay thai at least kicks hard and they know how to spar way more effectively and demolish tradition martial arts, which I need to do more of in krav maga. We aren't allowed to throw elbows or knees in sparring, so it's all kickboxing essentially. At least I can disarm guns and knives, are you there yet? I have already learned every technique of that except disarming assault rifles, yet I know how because of the videos and books, so it's not all useless.
x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By x_XJules

I don't exercise much because of my busy schedule... and I'm lazy... 

I do eat healthy though. Eating healthy foods makes a world of difference. Also, vitamins! Don't forget to take vitamins and drink lots of water! :D

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By aaox

My exercise plan has been going poorly. I'll give it another shot, though.  TRUCK ON, IF YOU GET ME.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jasta

@HitmanAgent47: Both gi and no gi have their pros and cons, the arguement which is better could be compared to the console wars and will never be resolved.

You dont need a gym to train, a mat and a partner is more than enough to be honest. If all you want to do is submit people then maybe you should consider dropping MMA, the submissions come from BJJ, Sambo, Judo, Wrestling etc. MMA is just a host/sport for all styles to be faced off against eachother. 

I was tired of the instructors saying I can't do takedowns or submissions because we are street fighters or we aren't sport fighters we have no rules.

Your instructor is right, in a street fight there wont be time for all these fancy techniques you learn in BJJ or Judo or whatever. Its granted sport fighters will do better at sparring, soley because they spar. When was the last time you seen a street fight where two guys touch gloves and circle eachother? It doesint happen that way, if you try and pull off a submission you think his friends are just going to stand and watch? Whats to stop him biting, kicking to the groin, eye raking, cover all this while sparring? Most people throw technique out the window when put on the spot like that, no matter how much experience they have.

What if your opponent is resistant to pain? or you missed the groin or it's blocked by a kick boxer, now you have nothing but simple kick boxing to rely on.

Find me a guy who can take a full on kick to the groin and keep going I will accept that as a possiblity. Its the same with anything you do, not every strike is guaranteed to land.

" Muay thai at least kicks hard and they know how to spar way more effectively and demolish tradition martial arts... "

It doesint matter what form you study, what matters is the person using it. Sure muay thai striking is pretty solid but take Thiago Alves for example, fantastic muay thai striker, thrown around the ring and embarresed by Jon Fitch in his last fight, a wrestler.

Knives and Guns have been covered already, the way we get taught doesint follow the syllabus in sequence. We only drill through that when there is a grading coming up.

Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Labbo94
@JonathanMoore said:
" @Labbo94 said:
"
"
Hero. "
Haha thanks man. I figured I didn't want my high school years to slip by while I spent my Friday nights playing games and listening to podcasts. It feels great to be able to balance fitness with school, girls, games, friends, and everything.
Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fei

I switched to a Vegan diet in January. I went from 170lbs to 130lbs now. I don't exercise.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Shadow

I've lost 48 pounds since mid-May.  I'm gaining muscle at the same time so I don't actually know how much fat I've gotten rid of.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By MysteriousBob

If I lost any weight, I would vanish.

pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pectoral

Good. It's too complex to write down for my tired mind right now, but I juggle diet, workout and rest fairly well.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37  Edited By JonathanMoore
@Labbo94 said:
" @JonathanMoore said:
" @Labbo94 said:
"
"
Hero. "
Haha thanks man. I figured I didn't want my high school years to slip by while I spent my Friday nights playing games and listening to podcasts. It feels great to be able to balance fitness with school, girls, games, friends, and everything. "
Well you certainly did it, congrats.
JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By JessicaBoo

1.- I don't drink soft drinks anymore, ever. I hate the fizz of them anyways.  

2.- I don't like chocolate bars, although M&Ms are tasty, i have those occasionally as a treat.   

3.- Eat in small portions, but make sure they are small and you eating 5 times a day. (when i mean small, is small)  

4.- Excercise, but don't do it daily, as when your body gets used to something, it will become harder for you. 3 -  4 times a week (unless you wanna be a body builder, the excercises can change). Remember when you loose weight, is not the day of the excercise that you burning fat, is the day after and while you sleep that the excercise takes place and you loose the fat. Sweating does mean its working and you working real hard, but it doesnt mean you are burning all the calories and fats in the routine.    
I for one cycle, run, and walk a lot through out the week and i used to play soccer, so the training actually helped a lot in the past when i wanted to loose my weight. I was a pretty big girl. I did kick boxing and that will get your heart pumping a lot. Is so good, i love kickboxing. Martial arts is a magnificent way to loose weight, because you learn discipline, and that is one of the "must" when trying to be healthy. Discipline to actually go through one of the hardest things in the world.

5.- Dedication, passion and optimism.  Always smile and believe in yourself. Always change for you and not for everyone else. That is the best boost you can ever give yourself :) \ 

If i can do it. You can! :D
Good luck and keep us posted :)

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By JessicaBoo
@Devil240Z said:
"I have been trying to eat better. Drink only water. Get more exercise.   The three hardest things in the world for me.   "

You don't need to drink only water, you need to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day. You can drink juices. Never limit yourself so small, because that is worse. WAter contains no calories, and if you want to loose calories you have to eat the right amount of calories to actually loose them. :/ I love my natural ice tea. Green tea, or herbal tea. I also drink my teas with no milk or sugar.  

My milk is skimmed and i hate any other type. =/  

Drinking just water, you just gonna make your body crave something with taste and thats when "trying" becomes the hard part :)
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By super_machine

Mine is going well. I eat a very consistent diet, so it helps me stay on track. I usually jog or ride my bike a few times a week, and I have a pull up bar in my bathroom door frame. I do two sets of 15 each morning before I leave for work. I'm 30 years old and I feel 10 years younger.

KarlHungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KarlHungus

My diet/exercise plan is going great. I've lost 17 pounds and almost 7 inches of my waist!!! You and your plan seem very similar to me. Exercising is good, but most of your results will come from eating properly.
In the Gym-
        Mostly keep doing what you've been doing.
        I know that having little to no breaks in between lifts has kicked my ass into better shape.
        Your muscle group spread out is near impeccable.
        Try going in to the weight room with a plan of what lifts you are going to do, to minimize any time in between you might be resting thinking of your next lift.
        On free-weights focus on working up in weight during you sets, and working down on pulleys and whatnot.
        Don't try maxing yourself out all the time. Sure, Maxes and weights you can do 2 reps of will make your stronger, 20 reps of a lower weight will give you the toning and burning you desire. 
        Go to the gym and lift and do cardio 3-4 times a week, and 2 other times a week do some light cardio. (ie. jog around the block ride a bike around town etc.)
In the Kitchen-
        I think most of my success has come from my new eating habits.
        The main part of my plan has been my eating schedule
                  8:00am Breakfast- protein, carbs, vegetables
                  11:00am Snack 1- protein, carbs
                  1:00pm Lunch- protein, carbs, vegetables
                  3:00pm Snack 2- protein, carbs
                  6:00pm Dinner- protein, carbs, vegetables
        Your diet should consist of mainly protein and "good" carbs.
        Start eating wheat bread instead of white bread.  Brown rice instead of white rice.  Whole wheat pasta or brown rice pasta (my personal favorite) instead of regular semolina pasta.
        Vegetables are on the list because of 2 reasons, first they are high in essential vitamins and minerals, and second, with the amount of protein you should be eating, some veggies will help keep you regular.
        DO NOT eat anymore processed food. No more microwave meals. Even though they might say they are the healthy choice, the real healthy choice is making a meal from scratch for yourself.
        Any dairy products you eat should be either low fat or fat free.
        This probably gos without saying, but keep the meat protein you are eating very lean. We all love ribeye steaks, but they are very fatty. Filet Mingon is a great steak because it is extremely lean and very tender. Experiment with some different cooking    methods to give it the flavor it is missing.

Good Luck on all your health adventures. I hope you the best.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By foggel

The weights program is actually pretty good. I'm surprised if you made it yourself. People often f.eks work out their biceps and triceps the same day.

I'm 5'8 too. I've gained weight by working out though. I was skinny before. Over the past couple of months I've gained a lot of progress, so it's working ;) Keep it going, and stay dedicated. Btw, you can award yourself some unhealthyness on saturdays if you want. Just don't eat chips, candy etc any other days :)

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I HAVE THE BODY OF ADONIS 

I CAN JUDO KICK A GIRAFFE AND MAKE IT SHOOT CANDY CANES OUT ITS ANUS

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I just play soccer (if you dont like soccer you can just play another sport you like and can play),which means i train my legs and muscles.I lift weights,and go to the gym for about an hour each day.3-4 days a week.Eat smoothies for breakfast,and together also an healthy sandwich.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Jasta: Those are some good points, however in krav maga, we had these drills where I had to fight in the dark against three opponents. At first we had to hold the kick shield and close our eyes, then someone will kick us to the floor, then I had to fight my way across three opponents in the dark. However I was fighting standing up, I kept getting taken down by a student who tackled me twice. The same results happened twice, I couldn't do anything at my second try. My stand up counted for nothing since. That was really an eye opener for me, besides the bleeding, that stand up fighting isn't enough. Here is an interesting statistic, they say 80% of the fight goes to the ground. Sure I learn alot of defensive ground fighting in krav maga, like how to stand up from the ground from a mount, or how to kick ppl from the ground and get up, or pass a guard and get out. However it's good to at least have the instinct to fight on the ground, so it makes it eaiser to get up. Also what if some guy one on one tried to punch you, just do a reap take down, or just slam him and run away. He's not getting up from the concrete. I did have other multiply opponent drills, keep moving use your hands and scramble, strike and run away that worked. However I have to becareful of getting knocked on the floor again, or someone who knows wrestling or ju jitsu. Even though you are suppose to avoid the ground in a street fight and don't use submissions, you should know enough of it to get away from it imo. You are probally more well prepared than I am for sure. I just find it funny how my krav maga instructors practically claims they will do better than a MMA fighter on the streets, i'm sure an MMA fighter will do well, they aren't going to do submissions, however they are going to strike well and maybe do some takedowns and get right back up.

Well about MMA, it's included with the program because it adds wrestling, shows you how to fight standing, wrestling and on the ground. The program also includes brazilian ju jitsu and muay thai to improve that, so it's like three things. However you can't really do submissions unless you get a good position first so training with only submissions isn't good if you aren't in a good position because it can get reversed easily. I also realise that even though I learn alot of krav maga no gi simple ju jistu in class and a few submissions, it's not enough to transition into other positions. If anything I belive that will make me a complete fighter. Let's say I can street fight with krav maga, I can also do the rest of the sport fighting with MMA, i'm a complete fighter. I know you are a more complete fighter now using both krav maga and ju jitsu. Lastly i've seen a kung fu shaolin monk on youtube getting kicked in the groin repeatedly, however I don't only want to depend on kicking ppl in the groin, there are other krav maga systems that tries to not kick in the groin as much, especially some isreal systems. Also what is to stop an opponent to do that right back to you if you miss? Sure I can block it, now there are more things to worry about because now your opponent will start trying to poke your eyes out or bite you in a fight and fight cheap too.
Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bobdaman18

Hello again, just checking in to keep myself honest. 

I just weighed myself and i'm 164.0 which is around 2 lbs less than 2 weeks ago.  This really isn't good enough considering how much body weight can change throughout a day i might not have lost any weight at all.  I've pretty much stuck to my plan going to the gym 4 days a week for about an hour.  With the 3 days off i use one to go for a nice run and the other two i've been using for yard work (we're in the process of taking down a shed so theres actually alot of heavy lifting). 

On the positive side i'm already seeing gains in endurance and strength plus i feel good.  I'm getting a little bit of muscle definition too which is nice. 

Confession time...i haven't been eating too great.  It was still better than it had been but i still tend to eat way too much especially late at night.  There was a birthday with lots of leftover good tasting food and cake.  I'm going to focus on trying to fix some of my bad eating habits and hopefully i'll have better results for next time.  

@KarlHungus: 
 Congrats on losing that much weight, we seem to have similar approaches to our exercise but i'm going to have to start following a diet plan more similar to yours.