Huh, just realized something about their deliberations process

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Dany

If the winners of the console categories are the ones nominated for Giant Bomb Game of the Year, then doesn't that mean that the contention will be placed on multiplatform with RDR and Mass Effect 2 and ACII Brotherhood? So by the time they have the true GOTY talk it will 1. be 3 minutes long as they congratulate the winner to the multiplatform winner? 

Maybe I am being overly assumptive, what do you think?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

yep

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Castro

If last year is any indication, there could be a pretty lengthy argument. I can't wait to find out.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ghostiet

I think this year it will really boil down to the multiplatform GOTY. It's either Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption, unless Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will screw with their deliberations.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DanielJW

Meh. Either way, we're going to get a big awesome argument. Whether it's for best multiplatform game or game of the year. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I want Will, Norm and Ana to drop by and bring up minecraft. A lot.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
@Dany said:
" If the winners of the console categories are the ones nominated for Giant Bomb Game of the Year, then doesn't that mean that the contention will be placed on multiplatform with RDR and Mass Effect 2 and ACII Brotherhood? So by the time they have the true GOTY talk it will 1. be 3 minutes long as they congratulate the winner to the multiplatform winner?  Maybe I am being overly assumptive, what do you think? "
Mass Effect 2 is technically a 360-only game at this point.  The PS3 version isn't out until next year.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By mracoon
@Hailinel: There's a PC version too.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel
@mracoon:   Oh, right.  Derp.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
@zudthespud said:
" I want Will, Norm and Ana to drop by and bring up minecraft. A lot. "
You're crazy.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeeGee

And the PC version also the best version : D

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Hailinel: No it's not. Otherwise it would have been discussed alongside Halo yesterday. 
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sixghost
@Hailinel said:

" @Dany said:

" If the winners of the console categories are the ones nominated for Giant Bomb Game of the Year, then doesn't that mean that the contention will be placed on multiplatform with RDR and Mass Effect 2 and ACII Brotherhood? So by the time they have the true GOTY talk it will 1. be 3 minutes long as they congratulate the winner to the multiplatform winner?  Maybe I am being overly assumptive, what do you think? "
Mass Effect 2 is technically a 360-only game at this point.  The PS3 version isn't out until next year. "
They already did 360 GOTY and it was Reach. ME2 wasn't considered since it was also released on the PC, making it multiplatform. And yeah, They might just save the Multiplatform debate for the actual GOTY podcast, since the only game that really stands a chance against AC:B, ME2 and RDR is Starcraft. But having heard the Minerva's Den vs Shadow broker marathon, SC2 vs the multiplatform winner might just take 15 hours.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hailinel
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @Hailinel: No it's not. Otherwise it would have been discussed alongside Halo yesterday.  "
@sixghost said:
" @Hailinel said:

" @Dany said:

Mass Effect 2 is technically a 360-only game at this point.  The PS3 version isn't out until next year. "
They already did 360 GOTY and it was Reach. ME2 wasn't considered since it was also released on the PC, making it multiplatform. And yeah, They might just save the Multiplatform debate for the actual GOTY podcast, since the only game that really stands a chance against AC:B, ME2 and RDR is Starcraft. But having heard the Minerva's Den vs Shadow broker marathon, SC2 vs the multiplatform winner might just take 15 hours. "
I've already been corrected, both of you. Thank you for playing.
hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By hexx462
@Dany said:
 Maybe I am being overly assumptive, what do you think?
Yeah you are.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sixghost
@Hailinel said:
" @Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @Hailinel: No it's not. Otherwise it would have been discussed alongside Halo yesterday.  "
@sixghost said:
" @Hailinel said:

" @Dany said:

They already did 360 GOTY and it was Reach. ME2 wasn't considered since it was also released on the PC, making it multiplatform. And yeah, They might just save the Multiplatform debate for the actual GOTY podcast, since the only game that really stands a chance against AC:B, ME2 and RDR is Starcraft. But having heard the Minerva's Den vs Shadow broker marathon, SC2 vs the multiplatform winner might just take 15 hours. "
I've already been corrected, both of you. Thank you for playing. "
No need to get snippy.
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By SBYM

Come on, Brotherhood!

Fraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fraz

They will have to open up the letter!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Fraz said:
" They will have to open up the letter! "
I really hope they do. It needs to be read.
HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Their arguments have been bizarre.  To straight up factual errors to dramatic understatements, the deliberations have been messed up.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Leptok
@HaltIamReptar said:
" Their arguments have been bizarre.  To straight up factual errors to dramatic understatements, the deliberations have been messed up. "
Yeah, but it's not a government blue ribbon panel. It's just their opinions.
Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blueman

Mass Effect 2 will definitely be the GOTY. It topped Vinny's list, came higher than RDR on Ryan's list and there is no other game this year that they have all been so enthusiastic about.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jimbo

Do they even have a multi-plat award?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By alternate

You mean Vinny and Brad argue for RDR for the sake of fairness, Jeff argues against, Ryan likes Brotherhood but doesn't really give a fuck and they compromise and give it to Mass Effect 2?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Turambar

Starcraft 2 filibuster ahoy! 

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Turambar
@Jimbo said:

" Do they even have a multi-plat award? "

They did last year.  Though judging by there only being tomorrow left and the lack of a PS3 only game of the year, there might actually not be one this year.  Tomorrow might just be PS3 only and then the overall game of the year.
Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

There is absolutely no logical way ME2 does not win GB goty, if you take into account the personal opinions of the staff and their inter personal dynamics. 

You can't have a Goty unless Jeff is on board, so RDR is fucked. Vinny will surely pull for ME2 over anything, Ryan will go for ME2 aswell. Only outlier is predicably Brad who will prefer RDR and Starcraft over ME2. So the argument that could rise would be Starcraft 2 but, Vinny is kidna w/e on it, Ryan doesn't care and Jeff prefers ME2. soooo ME2 wins.

If ME2 does not win Goty I will jump off a bridge, /knocks on wood.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Xeiphyer
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Fraz said:
" They will have to open up the letter! "
I really hope they do. It needs to be read. "
Even if they don't need it, I really hope they do. I bet Dave wrote something awesome in there.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel said:

I've already been corrected, both of you. Thank you for playing. "

Lol. 
Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By Jayross

Just looking at the personal lists and stuff... ME2 will probably win.

Although, it didn't win best story... So maybe RDR for GotY ?