#1 Posted by soulfulsoul (145 posts) -

I was just reading a review of the new Radiohead album by BBC music, and it mentions a group called Odd Future. Apparently their full name is Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All?! So I looked them up on Youtube and watched a bit of them on Jimmy Fallon. At the beginning of the video Jimmy shows the album cover which is: 

Then I was just looking at my local newspaper, and the image on the album cover appears in several places in adds in the Real Estate section. How odd is that?!?! What the heck is going on?! Anyone know what this image means?
#2 Edited by MattyFTM (14363 posts) -

It's a type of barcode called a QR code. Most smartphones can scan them in using the camera. It's usually a URL, and scanning it will take you to the website, but it could be a word or sentence or anything. 

EDIT: I decoded that one and it takes you to http://www.oddfuture.com/

#3 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

Isn't that what japanese barcodes look like?

#4 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

It's a code which you can scan. It's probably slightly different to the ones you saw 'in the real estate section'.
#5 Posted by JacDG (2117 posts) -

Yup, smartphones can scan those images/codes and it opens either the marketplace or a website, pretty cool actually. 

Also. SWAG SWAAAAAAG.

#6 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

They're called "QR Codes". I believe most of its usage in the USA comes from Android Market links, or URLs in general.

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
#8 Edited by soulfulsoul (145 posts) -
@SammydesinasNL said:

"It's a code which you can scan. It's probably slightly different to the ones you saw 'in the real estate section'. "

Yeah, it is slightly different, but only slightly. Oh well, that's good news. At least its not some type of cult sign or weird symbol that sends you subliminal messages or turns you into a zombie or something.  
#9 Edited by Driadon (2996 posts) -
#10 Posted by soulfulsoul (145 posts) -

Wow, I'm starting to feel old. Technology is leaving me behind. I still have a flip phone. I haven't even used a smart phone yet!

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" It's a type of barcode called a QR code. Most smartphones can scan them in using the camera. It's usually a URL, and scanning it will take you to the website, but it could be a word or sentence or anything. 

EDIT: I decoded that one and it takes you to http://www.oddfuture.com/ "
are you a wizard ?
#12 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
"It takes you to oddfuture.com "

Thats pretty cool actually. 
#13 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@JacDG said:
 SWAG SWAAAAAAG. "
#14 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
@soulfulsoul said:
"

Wow, I'm starting to feel old. Technology is leaving me behind. I still have a flip phone. I haven't even used a smart phone yet!

"
Don't let them fool you. It's actually a symbol of the ILLUMINATI, trying to turn the children to worshiping Lucifer. 
#15 Posted by airconditionn (44 posts) -

Damn.  That video was actually pretty sick.  Like the flow of it.  Definitely keepin my eyes open for this cat.

#16 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

I though this was going to be a thread about Bizzare Creations. Now I'm hungover and slightly agitated.