• 181 results
#1 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

#2 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Someone emailed the Bombcast this week with a story about trying a shot of a friend's breast milk. Would you have a drink of someone's breast milk just to see what it tastes like?

#3 Posted by IBurningStar (2161 posts) -

Yes. Why? Because I'm curious.

#4 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (387 posts) -

Yes. Why not?

That's basically my thought process.

#5 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

Not that I could pick this option, but why isn't "I already have" a choice?

But I would. I'm a human. I drink cows milk. Is milk that comes from a human really weirder than that, if you think about it?

#6 Posted by Flappy (2188 posts) -

Totally. The source of the breastmilk is an issue, but if it's from a friend or somethin', I'd do it.

#7 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

Not that I could pick this option, but why isn't "I already have" a choice?

Oh I really dropped that ball on that. That absolutely should have been an option.

#8 Posted by TobbRobb (4588 posts) -

Suuuure? I guess it depends on how I get it I guess. Just getting a bottle of breast milk I might try, but if I know who the "provider" is or can make an image in my head of her, it might just be gross.

It's hard to predict a compulsive brain! Might just have to put this to the test at some point.

#9 Edited by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

I guess I'll be the first in this thread to say nooooo. Hell no. At least with cows, you can totally control their intake, humans are... gross. I wouldn't be able to get that picture out of my head.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

Can I go straight to the source? Cause I'm all in at that point.

#11 Posted by Aegon (5470 posts) -

If/when I have a wife and if she's okay with it, then...maybe?

#12 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Well she isn't necessarily selling her breast milk, but that would for sure make it even worse. The scenario from the podcast is basically this: you are out to dinner with your wife and some friends. One of those friends just had a baby. The subject of breast milk comes up and before you know it you have a little glass of it to try.

My wife and I have some friends who recently had a baby. We know them very well, and they are close friends. I officiated their wedding. But the thought of drinking any of her breast milk HORRIFIES me.

#13 Posted by Zeik (2334 posts) -

No. I don't even like normal milk that much. I don't care who it came from, why, or how, I wouldn't touch it.

#14 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

I wouldn't drink it, no....but I would give it a taste.

#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

@Kerned: I'm still gonna say no. I barely like cow's milk.

#16 Edited by Dixavd (1331 posts) -

I don't even like normal milk, why would I try human milk (best case scenario is it tastes like normal milk - but I still won't like it).

@Zeik said:

No. I don't even like normal milk that much. I don't care who it came from, why, or how, I wouldn't touch it.

Hah beat me to it! - must have loaded the page just before you published.

#17 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

I would have to be horrendously drunk.

#18 Posted by MentalDisruption (1620 posts) -

Depends on who its from I guess? The thought both horrifies and intrigues me.

#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9650 posts) -

No. I'm sure there are all sorts of health benefits and all that shit. But there's a lot of shit out there that is good for my health that I don't take advantage of. And many of those alternatives are less gross. You know I'm a fan of breasts. I just don't want to think about their function because for some reason that makes me grossed out.

#20 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

fuck no.

I find milk by itself gross enough as it is.

#21 Posted by DirtyEagles (274 posts) -

This is shocking that a majority of you would say yes 63%yes 37%no.

the correct answer is no

Why would you want to experience this?!

where do you people draw the line?

#22 Posted by MikeJFlick (441 posts) -

No, I had breast milk when I was a new born, that was good enough for me, don't need to go back.

#23 Edited by Synaptic (308 posts) -

@Aegon said:

If/when I have a wife and if she's okay with it, then...maybe?

yeah, that's literally the only situation i can imagine this. in which case i would say the same

#24 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

No thanks. That is what cow milk is for.

#25 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

Yes. Why not?

That's basically my thought process.

*insert horrendously overused Cave Johnson quote here*

#26 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

I once put it in my coffee by mistake. Made it taste sweet. Then tried it by itself. 

@FancySoapsMan said:

fuck no.

I find milk by itself gross enough as it is.

Bovine milk and human milk are different. Believe it or not but breast milk is very healthy. 
#27 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1956 posts) -

If I didn't know the person, but I knew that it was a good source then I would try it. How is it any more weird than milk from a cow?

#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

Maybe?

#29 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -

If a really hot chick offered to breastfeed me, fuck yeah I'd do it.

#30 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Noooooo.

#31 Posted by Grilledcheez (3945 posts) -

Yeah as long as it isn't full of DISEASE

#32 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

@Grilledcheez said:

Yeah as long as it isn't full of DISEASE

Very much in agreement.

#33 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

No. Fuck no.

#34 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

Could you make it into... i dunno lady yoghurt, maybe even chick cheese or do you have to drink it as is? Because I'm not really a milk fan.

#35 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

Nope, sounds fucking gross. Not even from my wife.

#36 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

the problem is not that it sounds gross, but what happens if you really like it for whatever reason? I mean, you get nothing from it.

#37 Posted by wjb (1653 posts) -
#38 Posted by Slay3r1583 (605 posts) -

Yes.

Only if I can get it straight from the "tap" myself though. I'm kind of into that sort of thing.

#39 Posted by SharkEthic (1041 posts) -

My wife is breastfeeding at the moment, and sure, I've tasted a drop (tastes kinda sweet). But from any other person than my wife? Even a close friend? Fuuuuuck no.

#40 Posted by BSw (252 posts) -

@mordukai said:

I once put it in my coffee by mistake. Made it taste sweet. Then tried it by itself.

That's awesome, I'm laughing out loud here. How did that happen?

With regards to the question at hand: I don't see why breast milk would be gross. That's between your ears.

#41 Posted by Turambar (6710 posts) -

Sure, why not. I've already had it once in my life, and if it didn't kill me when I was one month old, I doubt it will decades later.

#42 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

it might be full of AIDS

#43 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

Yeah, I'd have no problem with it, the idea doesn't really disgust me in any way.

#44 Posted by Sinusoidal (1379 posts) -

Put vodka in it and I'll drink just about anything.

#45 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

No because I heard it tastes gross.  And it would be awkward if it were my friends cause I sure as hell would give her a wink everytime I would see her........  

#46 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I think I had enough as an infant

#47 Posted by IzzyGraze (850 posts) -

Well I had it when I was a baby. Why not now? I'd probably only drink it from a partner or someone I didn't know. It would be weird to drink a friend's breast milk because then whenever I saw them I would just think "I've tasted a part of you....O_O!". It would be weird. Also the woman has to be healthy. I don't want to get sick.

#48 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

I was horrified when this was actually being discussed (or disgust) on the bombcast. Maybe it's social conditioning, but the thought of drinking human breast milk as anything other than a baby just weeeeirds me out. Maybe it's because pretty much only infants have a legitimate claim to consuming it and anyone else is usually some weirdo/fetishist creep. Ok, I'm done with this conversation. I feel so weird for even thinking about this.

#49 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (766 posts) -

I don't know. I have seen a friend drink what he claimed to be his wife's breast milk once, and he puked all over the floor afterwards (granted, we'd drank quite a bit of alcohol prior). I am kinda curious about the taste.

Come to think of it, my cousin just had her baby last month. Maybe I should ask her for some...

Just kidding.

#50 Posted by kycinematic (140 posts) -

I'm pretty sure everybody who was ever a baby at one point already has.