Huzzah for propaganda (Top 5 propaganda films)

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Snipzor

I love propaganda films, I really do. It's funny, and yet scary at the same time. Not really like Evil Dead (Which is both funny and scary) but strange and unsettling. I actually keep tabs on my favorite propaganda. Honest, and I have a new number 1 propaganda movie. Here's my top 5. But in reality, this is a review of the number one.

5. Loose Change: Can I say anything here? This is the most intellectually devoid movie I've seen since the number 4 and 2, honest. The statements against this film are responded to as being "Government conspiracy groups". I love it, it holds no ground, and the second you present facts to these people. Well they freeze up or scream until you leave. Kind of like 4,3,2 and 1.

4. Make Mine Freedom: This is a classic, I love it. This is about battling the communist movement inside America. Historically though, the threats of communism in America began when the depression began and ended when the war ended. So this is just there in order to scare people into letting corporations and companies to get more power. This of course led to this huge problem we face today.

3. Obama Deception: Same as number one. Just because you get a bunch of "smart-sounding" (I didn't say this, someone who believed this propaganda did) to argue a bunch of unproven conspiracy "theories", well it doesn't mean anything. Naturally, the same person who produced this piece of shit also made Loose Change. Let's put this to rest, 9/11 was committed by a bunch of pissed off extremist muslims, just like how the Oklahoma city bombing was done by an anti-government nutjob. Okay? We're done with this crap.

2. Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed: I love creationist propaganda. This movie is about how evolution has somehow taken over the scientific method, which has always been used. Now, the reason why I love this is because of the events surrounding this movie. One of which being the expulsion of PZ Meyers from the screening of this movie, now if you don't know the history, this scientist was actually thanked in the movie. Then there is also the great lie about the man who cheated to get an article published, portrayed as a victim of "Pro-Evolution Scientists", even though he hyjacked the editorial process and sneaked in an article that was not peer reviewed. But finally, the best part about this movie about biased science, is that there was no instance of science in the movie. Nobody tells these people that bacteria evolves, I love it.

--- And Finally, my favorite piece of propaganda ---

1. Silencing Christians: This movie has everything. Literally. I'll have to list it:
a) Edited in a way that makes it seem like a news bulletin: The problem with the other propaganda above is that they are presented in documentary fashion, but not in news style. This kind of style makes it look new, but also factual. Besides the fact that there are no facts in this movie, there are none.

b) Christians are victimized: This sort of thing is completely necessary to grab attention. We all know Christians represent the cultural hegemony, but as well as the political hegemony. Now, I'm saying this to say that the movie is victimizing Christians, which it is. It essentially says that Christians are being picked on by everyone. This isn't a joke, watch the intro of the movie, and you'll see that the imagery presented shows Christians are having their rights taken away. Hell, the host even states that they are responding to propaganda. Isn't that great!

c) Evolving Rhetoric: This is a great way to actually push a message. There are many reasons why, but the most important one is that there is a connection between one thing and a negative thing. Imagine if I said cancer patient, but then later went on to saying cancer carrier. Now the term carrier is generally used in description of flies that carry diseases, but that also spread it. Cancer can't be simply spread like the cold, so saying that would be a lie. But I am getting the message through that cancer victims should be as far away from you as possible. Eventually that leads into people creating nicknames for cancer victims. That happens in the movie.

d) General lack of truth: Durr, of course this is in a propaganda piece. That's the general rule. Don't know why this is here, I guess it just does it so much better than everyone else.

e) Paranoia: Of course this one is also in it.  What you talkin' about Snipz?! Well I'll tell you. The difference between this movie and all the other ones above, well I'll tell ya. In Loose Change and the Obama Deception, well it was paranoia against government. Fine, tin foil hat and all. But at least it can be understood, because government is very powerful and can be characterized as evil. So there is a mix of paranoia, but also rational fear. Okay, that's acceptable. Make Mine freedom, okay the communist fear was very much around, and Russia was a totalitarian state at the time, also acceptable, and perfectly rational for the historical context. Expelled, I guess it's okay. Scientists controlling knowledge, whatever, that's a little crazy but it can (Barely) be understood. Just not first hand understanding.

But Silencing Christians is, well they are being paranoid against a group that has no power. It's like being afraid of a toaster, no, a spoon. Would you honestly take a person, who is protesting against a spoon, seriously? The problem is, they make it seem as if so many people are having their rights taken away because of a spoon. Understandable, I mean you bend so many spoons, there's got to be a revolt. Hell, they even go as far as to go against people who are tolerant by saying they are tolerant with spoons.

Wait, why am I talking about spoons? Anyways. I really suggest you watch this, it is great propaganda, and is quite funny. I mean, it's by people called the American Family Organization (Doesn't that sound familiar...). You know it's good. Link is above and below.

Good waste of 58 minutes, and remember, the creators of this movie are the victims.

Also forgot to ask, what's your favorite propaganda movie?
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Snipzor

I love propaganda films, I really do. It's funny, and yet scary at the same time. Not really like Evil Dead (Which is both funny and scary) but strange and unsettling. I actually keep tabs on my favorite propaganda. Honest, and I have a new number 1 propaganda movie. Here's my top 5. But in reality, this is a review of the number one.

5. Loose Change: Can I say anything here? This is the most intellectually devoid movie I've seen since the number 4 and 2, honest. The statements against this film are responded to as being "Government conspiracy groups". I love it, it holds no ground, and the second you present facts to these people. Well they freeze up or scream until you leave. Kind of like 4,3,2 and 1.

4. Make Mine Freedom: This is a classic, I love it. This is about battling the communist movement inside America. Historically though, the threats of communism in America began when the depression began and ended when the war ended. So this is just there in order to scare people into letting corporations and companies to get more power. This of course led to this huge problem we face today.

3. Obama Deception: Same as number one. Just because you get a bunch of "smart-sounding" (I didn't say this, someone who believed this propaganda did) to argue a bunch of unproven conspiracy "theories", well it doesn't mean anything. Naturally, the same person who produced this piece of shit also made Loose Change. Let's put this to rest, 9/11 was committed by a bunch of pissed off extremist muslims, just like how the Oklahoma city bombing was done by an anti-government nutjob. Okay? We're done with this crap.

2. Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed: I love creationist propaganda. This movie is about how evolution has somehow taken over the scientific method, which has always been used. Now, the reason why I love this is because of the events surrounding this movie. One of which being the expulsion of PZ Meyers from the screening of this movie, now if you don't know the history, this scientist was actually thanked in the movie. Then there is also the great lie about the man who cheated to get an article published, portrayed as a victim of "Pro-Evolution Scientists", even though he hyjacked the editorial process and sneaked in an article that was not peer reviewed. But finally, the best part about this movie about biased science, is that there was no instance of science in the movie. Nobody tells these people that bacteria evolves, I love it.

--- And Finally, my favorite piece of propaganda ---

1. Silencing Christians: This movie has everything. Literally. I'll have to list it:
a) Edited in a way that makes it seem like a news bulletin: The problem with the other propaganda above is that they are presented in documentary fashion, but not in news style. This kind of style makes it look new, but also factual. Besides the fact that there are no facts in this movie, there are none.

b) Christians are victimized: This sort of thing is completely necessary to grab attention. We all know Christians represent the cultural hegemony, but as well as the political hegemony. Now, I'm saying this to say that the movie is victimizing Christians, which it is. It essentially says that Christians are being picked on by everyone. This isn't a joke, watch the intro of the movie, and you'll see that the imagery presented shows Christians are having their rights taken away. Hell, the host even states that they are responding to propaganda. Isn't that great!

c) Evolving Rhetoric: This is a great way to actually push a message. There are many reasons why, but the most important one is that there is a connection between one thing and a negative thing. Imagine if I said cancer patient, but then later went on to saying cancer carrier. Now the term carrier is generally used in description of flies that carry diseases, but that also spread it. Cancer can't be simply spread like the cold, so saying that would be a lie. But I am getting the message through that cancer victims should be as far away from you as possible. Eventually that leads into people creating nicknames for cancer victims. That happens in the movie.

d) General lack of truth: Durr, of course this is in a propaganda piece. That's the general rule. Don't know why this is here, I guess it just does it so much better than everyone else.

e) Paranoia: Of course this one is also in it.  What you talkin' about Snipz?! Well I'll tell you. The difference between this movie and all the other ones above, well I'll tell ya. In Loose Change and the Obama Deception, well it was paranoia against government. Fine, tin foil hat and all. But at least it can be understood, because government is very powerful and can be characterized as evil. So there is a mix of paranoia, but also rational fear. Okay, that's acceptable. Make Mine freedom, okay the communist fear was very much around, and Russia was a totalitarian state at the time, also acceptable, and perfectly rational for the historical context. Expelled, I guess it's okay. Scientists controlling knowledge, whatever, that's a little crazy but it can (Barely) be understood. Just not first hand understanding.

But Silencing Christians is, well they are being paranoid against a group that has no power. It's like being afraid of a toaster, no, a spoon. Would you honestly take a person, who is protesting against a spoon, seriously? The problem is, they make it seem as if so many people are having their rights taken away because of a spoon. Understandable, I mean you bend so many spoons, there's got to be a revolt. Hell, they even go as far as to go against people who are tolerant by saying they are tolerant with spoons.

Wait, why am I talking about spoons? Anyways. I really suggest you watch this, it is great propaganda, and is quite funny. I mean, it's by people called the American Family Organization (Doesn't that sound familiar...). You know it's good. Link is above and below.

Good waste of 58 minutes, and remember, the creators of this movie are the victims.

Also forgot to ask, what's your favorite propaganda movie?
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By vidiot

I'll have to watch this "Silencing Christians" one.
I tried to watch The Obama Deception and got a good ten minutes before turning it off. I almost thought it was a parody for most of the time I had watched it.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snipzor
@vidiot said:
" I'll have to watch this "Silencing Christians" one.I tried to watch The Obama Deception and got a good ten minutes before turning it off. I almost thought it was a parody for most of the time I had watched it. "
I had trouble the first 5 (25) times, I finally got it done a few days ago when I was learning how to play X-Com. Damn I suck at that game.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@Snipzor:  It takes a ton of patience to master X-Com, and even then, it's a hell of a difficult game.  I was decent at the first one, but the second?  Terrible, even to this day.

Anyways... funny list.  I've yet to watch any of them, but I think I'd find the genre hilarious.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snipzor
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Gah, don't even mention Terror From the Deep Pacific to me, I've given that one up. Never touching that one, ever. Wayyy too hard for me.
Capitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Capitalism

If you would add every michael moore film in there, then i would agree.

banking regulations caused this mess too, btw. its true that a lot of times big business begs government for regulations that favor them, most of the regulations do just that.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snipzor
@Capitalism said:
"

banking regulations caused this mess too, btw. its true that a lot of times big business begs government for regulations that favor them, most of the regulations do just that.

"
Damn, thanks for the reminder, I was going to put Fahrenheit 9/11 as an honorable mention (Forgot the honorable mention altogether). Mainly because there are glimpses of truth in his movies (Occasionally) unlike these. These five are the five most insane ones, but also my five favorite ones.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Bruce

When my life gets to a point where I watch propaganda films for enjoyment, that's when I'll know that I took a wrong turn somewhere >_>

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By hakunin

No list of best propaganda movies is complete without mentioning Triumph of the Will.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I'm not sure if I have a favorite. I'm not a big fan. They seem to piss me off and I quit watching. I hate people who create these things with pseudo science and authorities on the subject. Was Al Gore's film propaganda? I don't know. I watched it on HBO and it seemed real, seemed being the key word. What about Roots? Was that propaganda? I felt guilty for years after watching that.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Manatassi
I'm gonna say my top 5 are:

Independence Day
Pearl Harbor
The Patriot
Braveheart
Annie

Yup that will do... There's plenty more, just put most films made in Hollywood in there.

Oh Transformers and Transformers 2 missed the list Narrowly :P
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Relys

It's gotta be Animal Farm. The CSI secretly funded the project and altered the ending of the story for anti-Communist propaganda.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snipzor
@hakunin: I didn't include Triumph of the Will for one reason. Allow me to explain my position on the viewing of these types of films. A person can view a propaganda piece in three different ways, one being the MST3K method in which entertainment is the key, second being the Cronenberg method (Watch Videodrome and you'll know what I mean) in which lack of comfort is the key element, third being the sponge (No explanation needed). I didn't include Triumph of the Will because that one falls in the second tier, where the list was comprised of MST3K material. I can't do anything with something related with Hitler, it doesn't feel right when watching. Although, I always laugh when watching The Great Dictator.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kmdrkul
@Snipzor said:
" @Capitalism said:
"

"
Damn, thanks for the reminder, I was going to put Fahrenheit 9/11 as an honorable mention (Forgot the honorable mention altogether). Mainly because there are glimpses of truth in his movies (Occasionally) unlike these. These five are the five most insane ones, but also my five favorite ones.
"
Fahrenheit 9/11 was his only movie that I simply could not bear to watch the whole way through.  It actually pissed me off.  Sicko provided some interesting insight though.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By DanielJW

My jaw dropped while watching Silencing Christians. The rage has never been so strong within me...

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snipzor
@DanielJW: Who needs rage when you have...

Crow T Robot had a ball watching this.
Crow T Robot had a ball watching this.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reefer Madness is my favorite propaganda film by far. The Obama Deception is just dumb.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By FlipperDesert

I lasted until that woman started talking about the gay agenda in Silencing Christians.

So, not long. Euchhh.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

No mention of Rocky IV? For shame.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snipzor
@HandsomeDead said:
" No mention of Rocky IV? For shame. "
That movie sucks, sorry, but I did not enjoy any portion of that film.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By toowalrus

There was that episode of the Simpsons, where Homer stays home from church and makes waffles from caramel cubes and liquid smoke...

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Omega

Wow, Silencing Christians.
What a horrible documentary. I died a little inside watching that. They don't want gay people to have the freedom to marry because they don't want to have an uncomfortable conversation with their kids? Did I hear that correctly? That's like not saving a drowning man because you don't want your hair to get wet.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed was pretty bad too. But that part where Ben Stein directly links evolutionary theory to the Nazi movement was gold.
Never have I seen such a ludicrous game of 6 degree's of Kevin Bacon in my life...until he equated abortion to eugenics 10 minutes later.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#23  Edited By AgentJ

I'm suprised Dr Strangelove didn't make it! 

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Gunner

I love how in the Silencing Christians one, that they try to "blame" acceptance of homosexuality on a singe book...

Funny thing is, i found a lot of simularities between that book and the bible.

"that book spreads lies and manipulates peoples lives to believe in something that shouldn't be natural!"

were have i seen that before?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Reefer Madness?

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By rateoforange

Oh boy! I love wearing skintight jeans and watching things for ironic purposes. Oh wait, no I don't.

Kreega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kreega

My favourite is "If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do?", a movie made during the Cold War about how Communism will kill American Christian values.