Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

okay, so, everyone who's american (I was talking to a guy in australia who only knew the theory of twinkies so I'm pretty sure it's an american thing, mexicans and canadians sound up if they're there or were there) knows about the fact that Hostess went out of business. Sad news for those workers, obviously, but... god I am so glad.

basically 3 days after the announcement, my mom comes home with fuckin like a box full of cupcakes. I am literally talking like there was close to 100 cupcakes (only 10 twinkies but no one but my dad likes em). It was bananas, all chocolate cupcakes too (she works at salvation army and as far as I know they just got them out of a truck and the workers there got as many as they could carry I don't know I wasn't really paying attention) so me, having little to no self control and they being RIGHT THERE, decided that having like 6-8 cupcakes a day was a sound thing to do that would be perfectly healthy and I should stop worrying.

Of course, I'm pretty sure any person that knows what cupcakes are made out of can deduce this is a bad idea. I know it's a bad idea and I partake anyway because I have a carefree personality (when it comes to my diet, that is)

So we finish those, or get close to, in about a week. a day later she comes home with, like, 80 more.

ugh

I guess this really doesn't have any discussion value, so I wanted to know if something like this has ever happened to you; you got so much of a food item that you got sick of it? I mean it's not like cupcakes are my favorite food or anything but I do know that after this is done, I will not want any more cupcakes ever, and fuck hostess

#1 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

okay, so, everyone who's american (I was talking to a guy in australia who only knew the theory of twinkies so I'm pretty sure it's an american thing, mexicans and canadians sound up if they're there or were there) knows about the fact that Hostess went out of business. Sad news for those workers, obviously, but... god I am so glad.

basically 3 days after the announcement, my mom comes home with fuckin like a box full of cupcakes. I am literally talking like there was close to 100 cupcakes (only 10 twinkies but no one but my dad likes em). It was bananas, all chocolate cupcakes too (she works at salvation army and as far as I know they just got them out of a truck and the workers there got as many as they could carry I don't know I wasn't really paying attention) so me, having little to no self control and they being RIGHT THERE, decided that having like 6-8 cupcakes a day was a sound thing to do that would be perfectly healthy and I should stop worrying.

Of course, I'm pretty sure any person that knows what cupcakes are made out of can deduce this is a bad idea. I know it's a bad idea and I partake anyway because I have a carefree personality (when it comes to my diet, that is)

So we finish those, or get close to, in about a week. a day later she comes home with, like, 80 more.

ugh

I guess this really doesn't have any discussion value, so I wanted to know if something like this has ever happened to you; you got so much of a food item that you got sick of it? I mean it's not like cupcakes are my favorite food or anything but I do know that after this is done, I will not want any more cupcakes ever, and fuck hostess

#2 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4338 posts) -

The only thing I can think of is getting too much pizza and fuck any hostess stuff they're all gross.

#3 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

I really hope they get restructured so the cupcakes can come back. As horribly unhealthy as they were they satisfied some dark need.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: that they did. and you know what having near limitless amounts (obviously not limitless but it seems like it) does to a person?

it's grim as fuck, lemme tell ya

@Colourful_Hippie: I've never had that with pizza, even when I was buying 2 little caesars pizzas a week

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I am Canadian and only remember seeing twinkies once.

#6 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@VisariLoyalist: that they did. and you know what having near limitless amounts (obviously not limitless but it seems like it) does to a person?

it's grim as fuck, lemme tell ya

@Colourful_Hippie: I've never had that with pizza, even when I was buying 2 little caesars pizzas a week

so what you're saying is... NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT CUPCAKE

#7 Posted by Fredddi43 (326 posts) -

I never had that, but since I'll go off to university soon, I have a feeling I'll have pizza all the bloody time! I just can't get enough of it, and since it's cheap, tasty and I hate cooking, that'll be my meal of choice!

#8 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: no one should have more than 1-2 hostess cupcakes per month, to be QUITE honest.

disregarding the fact that they're terrible for you, they're also not very good.

#9 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: I forgot that video existed! Thank you!

said:

disregarding the fact that they're terrible for you, they're also not very good.

No doubt.

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5909 posts) -

I've never seen one of those so I had to google it and HOLY SHIT does that crap look unhealthy!

I instantly wanted one.

#11 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Cupcakes are awesome. No regrets!

#12 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@mandude said:

cupcakes are awesome when they are good cupcakes

hostess does not make good cupcakes

#13 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Holy damn how is your GI system not completely fucked right now?

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

I don't think it would take much will power to stay away from those cupcakes... those things are gross.

#15 Edited by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@murisan said:

Holy damn how is your GI system not completely fucked right now?

actually I'm pretty sure it is but I didn't want to get too gross in the OP

@TooWalrus: yeah, but they're RIGHT THERE. it's not hard to just grab them and eat them and hate yourself and do it again anyway.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

This is what I hate about the Twinkie narrative from what I've seen. It's "Hostess has gone out of business! Thishasput18000workersoutofajob BUT THINK OF THE DING DONGS, GODDAMN IT!!"

#17 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@mandude said:

cupcakes are awesome when they are good cupcakes

Regrets!

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5612 posts) -

I've checked every store I've been in for Hostess stuff since I heard the news and have had no luck. Count your blessings... or maybe I should count mine?

#19 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

...I'm over here NOT drowning in cupcakes, please send ME help.

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Then why did you eat them?

#21 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta said:

Then why did you eat them?

they were there and less hassle than eating anything else.

#22 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

Ding Dongs are where it's at. Microwave 'em! (Take the tin-foil off first though.)

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Animasta:

So "tastes good" is not as great a priority as "is close to me"?

#24 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

So "tastes good" is not as great a priority as "is close to me"?

when you are waking up starving? yes. Then you want to get some food while a game loads.

and then it just snowballs into utter depravity

#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Animasta:

When that happens, I just transform into Sonic and bolt to the best pizzeria in town.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -

Happens all the time. Poptarts, honey buns, chinese food, etc.