• 63 results
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By astrotriforce

Christian metal band Becoming the Archetype is about to release their 5th full-length album, "I AM", on September 18, 2012 on Solid State Records.

The album is inspired by the eternal words of Jesus Christ, and blisters the ears with sounds of majesty and splendor, carefully weaving a poetic tale of our powerful Creator that tips our concept of reality to view the universe through the prism of Almighty God. In the intellectual fashion the band is known for, the lyrics cut to the bone with sharp words and heavy concepts that leave the listener with something to chew on long after the song ends. Metal fans looking for something new to digest will not be disappointed, and I urge you to pick the new album up. You will not be disappointed.

Here's a taste.

The tracklist goes like this:

"The Ocean Walker"

"The Time Bender"

"The Sky Bearer"

"The Eyes of the Storm"

"The Machine Killer"

"The War Ender"

"The Weapon Breaker"

"The Planet Maker"

"The Sun Eater"

"I AM"

Here's an excerpt from my full review, I gave the album a 9 out of 10.

"I AM is easily one of the most anticipated and heavy-hitting Christian metal albums of the year, and this beast devours the death metal scene in fine fashion, while keeping to that melodic touch, poetic streak and God-praising intricacy that Becoming the Archetype is known for. Striking a homerun, I AM scores in all the areas that matter.

It is extremely heavy, deep growl-infused, clean-vocal singing prone when it matters, and shines through with lyrics that any other band would kill for."

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By astrotriforce

Christian metal band Becoming the Archetype is about to release their 5th full-length album, "I AM", on September 18, 2012 on Solid State Records.

The album is inspired by the eternal words of Jesus Christ, and blisters the ears with sounds of majesty and splendor, carefully weaving a poetic tale of our powerful Creator that tips our concept of reality to view the universe through the prism of Almighty God. In the intellectual fashion the band is known for, the lyrics cut to the bone with sharp words and heavy concepts that leave the listener with something to chew on long after the song ends. Metal fans looking for something new to digest will not be disappointed, and I urge you to pick the new album up. You will not be disappointed.

Here's a taste.

"The Ocean Walker"

"The Time Bender"

"The Sky Bearer"

"The Eyes of the Storm"

"The Machine Killer"

"The War Ender"

"The Weapon Breaker"

"The Planet Maker"

"The Sun Eater"

"I AM"

"I AM is easily one of the most anticipated and heavy-hitting Christian metal albums of the year, and this beast devours the death metal scene in fine fashion, while keeping to that melodic touch, poetic streak and God-praising intricacy that Becoming the Archetype is known for. Striking a homerun, I AM scores in all the areas that matter.

It is extremely heavy, deep growl-infused, clean-vocal singing prone when it matters, and shines through with lyrics that any other band would kill for."

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dichemstys

I heard them a couple years ago and thought they were pretty good.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By astrotriforce

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I heard them a couple years ago and thought they were pretty good.

Definitely check out their new album, you won't be disappointed.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By csl316

Last time I checked in with these guys, they seemed to be pretty standard metalcore. The lyrics were the most unique feature but I didn't find the music all that interesting. To each his own, I guess.

"this beast devours the death metal scene in fine fashion" Well, with that kind of bias it's hard to take your review seriously. Metal genres aren't a competition.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By guiseppe

You lost me at "christian metal band". That said, the song was pretty good, but nothing special to my ears.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

1. That song just isn't that good. Sounds like 90% of the other stuff out there, and it just has nothing going for it.

2. I really don't understand why they keep calling themselves Becoming The Archetype. There's only one guy in the band that's even a founding fucking member.

3. The album in general isn't that spectacular, especially in comparison to Terminate Damnation and Dichotomy. Also, I wish they would drop the "death metal" part already. There's pretty much nothing about this album that says "death metal" to me.

4. I would highly suggest that everyone check out The Faceless' Autotheism if you want to hear something fucking phenomenal in the world of metal.

That is all.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bwast

@astrotriforce said:

The album is inspired by the eternal words of Jesus Christ, and blisters the ears with sounds of majesty and splendor, carefully weaving a poetic tale of our powerful Creator that tips our concept of reality to view the universe through the prism of Almighty God.

You can't possibly be serious.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187

@Bwast said:

@astrotriforce said:

The album is inspired by the eternal words of Jesus Christ, and blisters the ears with sounds of majesty and splendor, carefully weaving a poetic tale of our powerful Creator that tips our concept of reality to view the universe through the prism of Almighty God.

YEAH! THIS IS THE INTERNET! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS AND/OR TO FOLLOW RELIGION AROUND HERE! O_____O

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By csl316

@jakob187 said:

@Bwast said:

@astrotriforce said:

YEAH! THIS IS THE INTERNET! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS AND/OR TO FOLLOW RELIGION AROUND HERE! O_____O

Sure we can. But incredibly flowery language like that can make people squirm.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

No offense but I cannot stand Christian metal in any fashion. Not just because I'm an Atheist, I just find the genre as a whole feels very "samey". Give me some Gojira, Mastodon, Dethklok or In Flames over Christian metal any day.

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skillface

@guiseppe said:

You lost me at "christian metal band". That said, the song was pretty good, but nothing special to my ears.

There are actually quite a few amazing Christian metal (or hardcore or whatever you want to call it) bands, although they may not make it as obvious. The Chariot, August Burns Red, and Oh Sleeper come to mind. I'm certainly not a Christian but I still find them great...it's all subjective, I guess, but my point is that being Christian doesn't necessarily take credibility away from the band.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Yay, some generic metalcore!

I thought this shit died in like 2008? Oh well.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By astrotriforce

@Skillface: I still haven't checked out The Chariot since their first album, I prefer stuff more in the style of Becoming the Archetype, Demon Hunter and The Showdown, but I feel like it's time to give The Chariot another look.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By astrotriforce

@Bwast: Dead serious.

@jakob187: Thanks for pointing out there is in fact a real world beyond the Internet, where religion and beliefs are discussed and embraced without being ceaselessly mocked.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Yay, some generic metalcore!

Yay, some generic Blabbermouth comment.

@MariachiMacabre said:

No offense but I cannot stand Christian metal in any fashion. Not just because I'm an Atheist, I just find the genre as a whole feels very "samey". Give me some Gojira, Mastodon, Dethklok or In Flames over Christian metal any day.

There have been a few bands in the Christian metal scene that have done as much as possible to differentiate themselves within the scene. Some have done it very slightly, while others have gone to some extremes to do so. As I Lay Dying took a bit of a left turn between Shadows Are Security and An Ocean Between Us that led to more powerful riffs and solos being included, but generally a different type of beat that got away from "metalcore". Meanwhile, The Chariot went off the fuck deep end of avant garde in a lot of ways.

Nonetheless, I understand where you are coming from. You've at least got good bands to back up your statement. = D Throw some Behemoth in there while we're at it.

@astrotriforce: If you are planning on finding anything different with The Chariot, I would say don't bother. They are still very much The Chariot (and they were fucking excellent live). If you are looking for stuff more in the vein of Becoming The Archetype and Demon Hunter (the latter of which I happen to be a rabid fan of), I would suggest the following bands:

• Impending Doom
  • Mortification
  • Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@jakob187: Blabbermouth? For real? I'm disappointed in myself.

It is. It's not bad per se, but it's generic, bog-standard, mid-2000's metalcore that's been driven into the ground countless times. It's certainly enjoyable but it's not a revelation or some kind of experience beyond decent riffing.

*shrug*

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By frankfartmouth

I just can't get into Christian metal. It seems inauthentic to me. Watching that video, seeing those images, hearing that music, it just does not match the lyrical content at all. It seems like they're just trying to prove that they too can rock as much as the other guys. Fine. Maybe they can. But when you're spouting off about navigating eternity with Jesus Christ in a death growl, it just does not sound right.

Death metal is just that. Music about ugly, mean, brutal death. Stuff like that. It's all supposed to go together. There's just something very forced about this. To each his own, but it's not my thing.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I hate metal and I hate christian music, so for me this is probably the worst music in the world.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By spiceninja

@frankfartmouth: You have to keep in mind that a lot of these bands jump on the Christian music bandwagon because they know it'll bring in the cash. Yeah this band is metal but it's about Jesus, and there isn't a parental advisory sticker on it so parents will buy it for their kids and people who love metal, but don't want to go to Hell, will listen to it because what else are they going to listen to? Yes, it's confusing what message these people are trying to send with that video mixed with those lyrics but at the end of the day all it is that people who listen to this stuff care about is:

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scrawnto

That was not very good. I'm with on this one. The lyrics just don't match the music at all. It's like hearing a metal cover of a pop song. It's sort of funny, but it doesn't actually make a good metal song. The playing was okay, but nothing special.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187

@frankfartmouth: Death metal was originally about the subject matter. Eventually, it became more about the technical things within the genre: deep growls and grunts, grind guitar work, blast beats over a specific rhythm and tempo, etc etc. Eventually, it just came to the point like all forms of metal has come to: there's no genre for it unless you as a band wish to restrict yourself to those confines.

@SirOptimusPrime: That's one song from the entire album. As a prog album, it just doesn't hit the same heights that recent releases from Gojira and The Faceless have managed to achieve. As a death metal album, it fails on all fronts to be anything like that. It's a generally well-written album, but it's lacking the general oomph that Terminate Damnation and Dichotomy had to it. Those albums had energy and an urgency from a band thirsty for being heard. Granted, Terminate Damnation was their debut album, and most debut albums have that effect. However, after line-up changes on the next album, it got a little wonky. With Dichotomy, they finally found themselves again. The next two albums, which were Celestial Completion and this new one, just can't equal up. Celestial went way left field with a lot of odd musical composition choices (sitars and horns particularly), and this new one...yeah, it feels a bit more in line with what everyone else is doing nowadays.

So can I agree that this album is "generic"? Beyond its prog elements, it falls in more of a line of "generic" than usual. However, do I think that metalcore in general is "generic"? No. I think it's another style of metal, even though I personally hate the classification of metal beyond anything other than "metal". Yeah, I'll throw out terms like black metal, death metal, gloom, doom, thrash, progressive, groove, etc etc etc. The list is fucking STAGGERING, right? I'm just sick of all those labels. We use them to find similar bands to what we like, but personally, I'd rather go back to the point where we used to describe the music itself without having these specific things in the music that fit into some specific genre, etc. I don't know. I'm just too old for all the genre shit. lol

Sorry I jumped your shit. I think you understood why I did, though. We're the metal community. We're better than that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@frankfartmouth: You have to keep in mind that a lot of these bands jump on the Christian music bandwagon because they know it'll bring in the cash. Yeah this band is metal but it's about Jesus, and there isn't a parental advisory sticker on it so parents will buy it for their kids and people who love metal, but don't want to go to Hell, will listen to it because what else are they doing to listen to? Yes, it's confusing what message these people are trying to send with that video mixed with those lyrics but at the end of the day all it is that people who listen to this stuff care about is:

Allow me to shock you for a moment:

Tom Araya, the lead singer/bassist for Slayer, is a practicing Catholic.

I can see where people say "the music doesn't match the lyrics", but let me ask this: what does match the lyrics? Something like Third Day? No thanks. Personally, I'm not Christian, but that doesn't keep me from listening to the music. I look at someone like As I Lay Dying, and I say "those guys were able to take Christian moral belief and apply it in a way that even non-Christians can follow and understand". It's music I can dig, and it's a good example of how intense and yet profound modern metal can be. What's even better in most cases is that most Christian bands don't want to shove their beliefs down your throat and turn you into a believer. They typically take their own personal beliefs and find how they perceive a situation, then bring that out in their music. Again, I'll use As I Lay Dying in this instance. With a lot of Frail Words Collapse, it was Tim Lambesis looking through his own personal faith how he perceived love, relationships, emotional attachment all around. With Shadows Are Security, it was Tim looking through that same personal faith to see how he perceived the darkness in the world, how to find light at the end of the tunnel, and how to be a musician of a particular faith in a genre that constantly claims you can't be of that faith in this genre. With An Ocean Between Us and moreso with The Powerless Rise, Tim used his beliefs of personal faith as a filter to give scope to the crisis of the world itself in terms of governmental control, economic meltdown, constant decline of society. He didn't say "hey, pray to God, He will save you". He more or less laid the blame on the "Powerless" being unwilling to take back control from the "Empowered". He basically realized that "this is a kingdom upside down". If anything, I still think The Powerless Rise is their masterpiece. All of this...was through his personal Christian beliefs, but he was never saying "GOD, NOW, RAWR RAWR RAWR, GOD GOD GOD".

Some bands, like Becoming The Archetype or even Demon Hunter, can be a bit more God-speak about their beliefs in their music, but it doesn't mean that those lyrics can't fit the music.

Therefore, I would conclude that the music doesn't match the lyrics only if you have a preconceived notion of how those particular lyrics should be delivered in the first place.

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@jakob187: Oh, I see where the communication broke down. I'm not talking about metalcore in general being generic or even bad, I was saying that this particular brand of metalcore is/has been devolving for almost 15 years now. I miss the days when metalcore meant 'hardcore' that was a little more structured and less 1-minute bombast. Don't get me wrong Agnostic Front's Victims and D.R.I.'s Dealing With It are two of my favorite records, but bands like Zao and Shai Hulud are much more enjoyable to me.

And, I don't want to get into a genre discussion - who fucking knows how long that would take - other than to say that people forget what genres are REALLY about. You said it, and I agree: they're guidelines to find more cool shit. I don't want to have to deal with people that don't listen to specific genres of music because it's 'not cool' or whatever. If I find a band that's cool that happens to be deathcore, then fuck it. It's annoying being on the internet and seeing billions of '-core sucks!' shit from people that obviously have no clue that punk and hardcore have more to do with metal than almost any other genre.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Julmust

Holy crap that sounds so bad! Metalcore is the worst.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jrinswand

Ugh. Christian metal.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't listen to that band even if they weren't Christian (and probably especially if they weren't Christian, as there wouldn't be anything to separate them from the 99 million other bands playing the exact same type of metal). The Faceless is pretty much the only band of that genre that I can listen to, and that's mostly because their music has a badass sci-fi jazz sort of aesthetic.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187

@SirOptimusPrime: I see where it broke down now as well. It was my bad for making the assumption. I dig some Ag Front as well, and I can understand how some people have looked at the progression of "metalcore" all around and say "where's my Zao?". It's funny that you mentioned Zao, given their constant battles with the whole "are they/aren't they a Christian metal band" thing.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we're back on the right foot. Yes, this new album feels generic in terms of what it is doing. The Faceless' Autotheism honestly feels like a greater progression in both directions - progressive and brutally hard. It's honestly one of the best albums that will come out this year. If you haven't checked it out, I would suggest giving it a listen. Those guys have come a long way from being just some random "deathcore" band.

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@jakob187 said:

Nonetheless, I'm glad we're back on the right foot.

No Caption Provided
Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zella

Really dislike metalcore, if you want epic metal coming out this fall check out Time I but Wintersun it should be incredible.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By McGhee

Consider the fact that Christianity's symbol is a torture device and that their god was sacrificed by his father and then re-animated to one day rule over the entire earth after destroying it with fire, and you may consider Christian Metal to be the heaviest of them all.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Ben_H
@Zella said:

Really dislike metalcore, if you want epic metal coming out this fall check out Time I but Wintersun it should be incredible.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 

6 YEARS I HAVE BEEN WAITING. 6 YEARS SINCE I FIRST HEARD WINTERSUN. 

Oh how I want it to be October. That album is literally the only thing I have to look forward to right now since one of my best friends is moving half way across the world and I hate school now.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

As an Orthodox Christian I find this to be paradoxical. I'm not saying that you shouldn't listen to it if you like it, but I just can't understand how metal can be meshed with Christianity. Especially after listening to something like this.

Or am I just crazy?

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SargeGulp

Yup.. Tom Arya is a practicing Catholic, however the rest of Slayer are Atheists. Secondly Arya doesn't specifically believe what other Catholics do, he's addressed that, he has a personal belief system which is more nuanced.

One of my favourite artists of all time is Nick Cave, who is also a devout believer in God. He also thinks organized religion is a bunch of BS.

My problem with "Christian Metal" is it's 9/10 very obviously Christian Metal. It's completely defined by that one feature, with little else inspired or creative about it. Good music is music anyone can listen to, no matter your personal belief system, it's full of complexities and multiple interpretations. This is for Christians by Christians and any other beliefs are to be absconded upon.

From Jason Wisdom:(Ex-Becoming the Archetype) "If we are not making a difference for the Lord, then we are just out there making noise!"

They're fucking furniture Salesman, nothing more.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33  Edited By Giantstalker

... is there Islamic metal? I'm afraid to even Google it.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jrinswand

@Ben_H said:

@Zella said:

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 6 YEARS I HAVE BEEN WAITING. 6 YEARS SINCE I FIRST HEARD WINTERSUN. Oh how I want it to be October. That album is literally the only thing I have to look forward to right now since one of my best friends is moving half way across the world and I hate school now.

That's the same way that I felt when Ensiferum's Victory Songs came out, but by then it was too late. Jari Maenpaa had left for Wintersun and my favorite music from one of my favorite metal bands, Ensiferum, would forever be relegated to two albums. But, oh man, is Iron a really fucking good album.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By csl316

@Ben_H said:

@Zella said:

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 6 YEARS I HAVE BEEN WAITING. 6 YEARS SINCE I FIRST HEARD WINTERSUN. Oh how I want it to be October. That album is literally the only thing I have to look forward to right now since one of my best friends is moving half way across the world and I hate school now.

Soon, man. SOON!

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Whats the J. P. M?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zella

@Jrinswand said:

@Ben_H said:

@Zella said:

That's the same way that I felt when Ensiferum's Victory Songs came out, but by then it was too late. Jari Maenpaa had left for Wintersun and my favorite music from one of my favorite metal bands, Ensiferum, would forever be relegated to two albums. But, oh man, is Iron a really fucking good album.

Totally agree, I only like Ensiferum and Iron, post Jari stuff just isn't the same. I listen to Iron(just the song not full album) while walking to play ball hockey and I always get really pumped.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@TheDudeOfGaming

As an Orthodox Christian I find this to be paradoxical. I'm not saying that you shouldn't listen to it if you like it, but I just can't understand how metal can be meshed with Christianity. Especially after listening to something like this.

Or am I just crazy?

So all metal is satanic because some of it pretends to be? I don't get it. That's like saying all metal is a parody because Dethklok is a parody or all metal has an environmental message because Gojira promote environmentalism. The method of delivery is completely seperate from the message itself. There are Christian rappers despite the fact that a portion of rappers promote brutal gang violence and misogyny. I really dislike Christian metal but come on. Saying it's a paradox because (amazing) groups like Dimmu Borgir ocassionally use satanic imagery is nonsense.
Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pezen

Christian Metal might be the only "extreme metal" I would find intimidating. If only because real religious people are terrifying.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By fattony12000

Sorely disappointed by thread title...

No Caption Provided
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By nightriff

I am Mormon, Christian Metal doesn't sound interesting to me at all. When Slayer releases their next album let me know, ok?

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

1. That song just isn't that good. Sounds like 90% of the other stuff out there, and it just has nothing going for it.

2. I really don't understand why they keep calling themselves Becoming The Archetype. There's only one guy in the band that's even a founding fucking member.

3. The album in general isn't that spectacular, especially in comparison to Terminate Damnation and Dichotomy. Also, I wish they would drop the "death metal" part already. There's pretty much nothing about this album that says "death metal" to me.

4. I would highly suggest that everyone check out The Faceless' Autotheism if you want to hear something fucking phenomenal in the world of metal.

That is all.

I totally agree with you. The song you posted is much more original musically. I'm not into most metal because a lot of it has no musical variety/is pretty bland. When a band constantly screams, it's no longer a dynamic thing, but a constant. If there is screaming accented by softer and mid tones, it makes the music more compelling.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jace

@astrotriforce said:

Here's a taste.

"The Ocean Walker"

"The Time Bender"

"The Sky Bearer"

"The Eyes of the Storm"

"The Machine Killer"

"The War Ender"

"The Weapon Breaker"

"The Planet Maker"

"The Sun Eater"

"I AM"

Man, what a stretch of the term "music."

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Vonocourt

I can't stand metal that focuses on super nasally guitars. But the point that I turned it off was this gem, "Day is Night. Dark is Light."

But yeah, not my type of music anymore, so different strokes for different folks.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By perilator666

the problem with christian metal, in my humble opinion, is that people who think they're going to heaven when they die don't really carry the same punch as someone who knows they're doomed.

christian death metal... what a fucking joke.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SharkEthic

Modern metalcore has become like reggae at this point, in that it all sounds the same to me. Becoming the Archetype, The Arcacia Strain, Suicide Silence, Emmure, MyChildren MyBride....what the fuck is the difference by now?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Maniac_Matt said:

No Caption Provided
arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By arkasai

Not a lot of impact on me, though I'm not a big fan of growly vocals. I actually can't listen to Opeth (except that acoustic album) or anyone in that vein vocally, I can't fight the feeling they're trying way too hard to sound menacing. Even worse are the snorty "pig satan" (as I like to refer to them) vocals that I remember from several years ago, cannot keep a straight face while listening them. It's almost the same in this song, it's an effect that might have wow'd and intimidated me as a pre-teen but it's pretty tired and cheesy now.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EuanDewar

ahahah even Pitcfork at their most ridiculous don't fuckin write like that

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers