Posted by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -

I used to share my attempts at learning painting (digital, using photoshop) on these forums quite frequently, but I began to get busier and busier with college work that prevented me from both blogging or painting too much regularly.

I've been missing both, and while I continue to procrastinate that blog I've been meaning to write about the many interesting experiences I've had in life, (or that have been made interesting by sitting down and thinking about how movie-esque life can be), I managed enough time in the past few months to paint a new painting, and then eventually animate it.

My personal achievement is that I finally learnt FL Studio, which I'd wanted to for a couple of years but it's complexity always led to confusions and me giving up on it. Somehow, this time I stuck with and didn't let go throughout the confusions and frustrations. I just kept trying, failing, creating crappy music, and then trying again. By the end I was able to create a track that at least satisfied me personally.

The painting also came after a period of terrible looking paintings that had me doubting my ability to draw. I felt like I'd forgotten everything I'd learnt.

So overall it's been a pretty good experience creating this painting and then the video, and it makes me happy cause it sort of shares some things very important to me personally.

Hope you like it!

#1 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (897 posts) -

I do like it!

Very beautiful. It's giving me that warm teary-eyed kinda smile. :)

#2 Edited by Eviternal (192 posts) -

A sublime animation. The lighting and colours are particularly gorgeous.

#3 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

You essentially made a Video Game

Awesome job btw

#4 Edited by ILikePopCans (745 posts) -

Yeah. it looks great duder.

Really good job.

#5 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

The music combined with the animation evokes a certain feeling in me. Great job, duder!

#6 Posted by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -

@viciousbearmauling:

Thanks a lot! It makes me feel really good to know it evoked such a feeling in you :)

The music combined with the animation evokes a certain feeling in me. Great job, duder!

Wow you've made me so happy by saying that ^^ Thanks a lot.

#7 Edited by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -
#8 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@eviternal: @ilikepopcans: Thanks a lot :)

@xalienxgreyx said:

Awesome job btw

Haha I don't see how but thanks :D

"I animated a painting I'd made and composed some music for it"

This is essentially game design minus the game lol

#9 Posted by afabs515 (1012 posts) -

Awesome job, duder! I'm so jealous of people with genuine artistic talent. All I can draw are stick figures haha.

#10 Posted by Hamst3r (4452 posts) -

Very nice, it looks and sounds great! :D

#11 Edited by Disaya (283 posts) -

This turned out great! The animation is really fluid and the music works well with it. I especially love when it turns to night. Hope to see more of these in the future.

#12 Posted by rabbithearted (75 posts) -

This is really beautiful, and it really does evoke a lot of emotion. Wonderful job!

#13 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5242 posts) -

This really touched me. Great job! It's beautiful.

#14 Edited by JCTango (1358 posts) -

That was great! :D More please! :)

#15 Posted by avantegardener (1108 posts) -

Very nice!

#16 Posted by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -

@hamst3r: Thanks! You're the king of all this music and video production things so it's nice to hear feedback from you :D

@afabs515: Thanks :) You should keep looking and trying though if art seems to attract you. Try different mediums?

@xalienxgreyx: Haha alright, that's good then :D

#17 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

Great job, man! I really like the music, especially once the vocals come in. Good stuff!

#18 Posted by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -
#19 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

That was beautiful. Getting ready to go to bed and saw your thread. Now I can drift off peacefully as I feel cleansed for some reason. Thanks for sharing.

#20 Edited by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -

@zombiepenguin9: Thanks :)

@claude said:

That was beautiful. Getting ready to go to bed and saw your thread. Now I can drift off peacefully as I feel cleansed for some reason. Thanks for sharing.

Oh wow that makes me feel really happy :) Thank you!

#21 Edited by newhaap (417 posts) -

That's amazing... I'm going to have to go through your past forum posts / blogs now to see what I've been missing :D

#22 Edited by Fattony12000 (7054 posts) -

Coooooooould you remix it into a dark and gritty dubstep version instead?

(Awesome wok, duder.)

#23 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

I LOVE IT

Seriously, I kinda seriously had the feels, well done, 10/10 would feels again

#24 Edited by EVO (3864 posts) -

Holy shit dude, nice work. I'd suggest toning down the amount and speed of the falling leaves; might fit better with the scene.

#25 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (559 posts) -

Well done, sir

#26 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1547 posts) -

@armaan8014 said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

Awesome job btw

Yeah ... you are only 150k lines of code away from making a videogame ^^ ... awesome job duder.

#27 Posted by armaan8014 (5331 posts) -

@hurricaneivan29: Thank you !

@angre_leperkan439: Wow thanks :) I love sharing the feels

@evo said:

Holy shit dude, nice work. I'd suggest toning down the amount and speed of the falling leaves; might fit better with the scene.

Thanks :) Yeah you're right, looking at it again I realized slower leaves would've given it all a more "floaty" feel. I've seen some vids on Cherry blossoms falling though, sometimes they just fall like snow/rain.

I'd also planned initially to make them float far into the distance towards the house, but I wasn't able to work out the 3d and wind simulation parts properly enough. Looked weird

#28 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@xalienxgreyx said:

@armaan8014 said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

Awesome job btw

Yeah ... you are only 150k lines of code away from making a videogame ^^ ... awesome job duder.

Which is exactly what I said, Thanks!

#29 Posted by Kazona (3059 posts) -

Looking at the video gave me a feeling similar to that of Brothers' scenery; a beautiful yet sad kind of calm.

Fantastic work...

#30 Posted by chilibean_3 (1622 posts) -

That's pretty cool! Nice work, duder!

#31 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Excellent work. Inspirational!