Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

So I was out shopping today, as I often am, I have very little money right now because of a lot of expensive purchases this month. But shopping is still a fun way to pass the time, especially when you have little money as it means you can hunt for bargains. I've been in the market for some bubble bath for some time now, my mum is all into QVC. I'm guessing most of you know what QVC is, my mum will watch it for hours at a time, sometimes she won't buy anything, she just watches it for entertainment purposes. Anyway she watches mostly the beauty segments, so she often buys a bunch of expensive things off of them.

She has bought bath products from them, £30+ for some bubble bath, it doesn't even come in a big bottle just comes in this shitty hand sanitiser size bottle. In the past few years I have taken to having baths again, one every Sunday evening and if I'm feeling like it one Saturday. Well today about 5PM I was in the mood for a bath, I had a Workout earlier today and needed to unwind a little. I was about to start the bath when I thought fuck it, I need to go out and get a lottery ticket anyway why not go and get myself some of my own bubble bath.

I went to my local supermarket (Tesco) and went towards the bath isle, right at the front I saw a whole line of Radox bath products. I'm not sure why but everything from them was on sale, so I looked through there wide selection and ended up choosing a "Sleep Easy" bubble bath. The rest all sounded very similar, despite there being like 20 of them they all sounded the same. It was £1, came in a big ass bottle and was supposed to be quite good. On the way to the counter I went and got some Polo's, I was all out and I like to carry a pack around with me at all times. I was going to just get them, but there was a deal where if you got 3 you would pay less. So I spent a good few minutes deciding what to get, in the end I just went with the Polo's, as I am writing this I wish I would have gone with my heart and taken the Twix, as I am now rather hungry. I took them to the counter and swiped them, bagged them and off I went back home to try my new bubble bath.

So I started the bath and poured a little bit in, I then realised it was a pound and there was so much of it. So I poured way to much in, almost a quarter of the bottle. I was very happy with the results, bubbles all up in that bathtub like it was it's bitch. I then proceed to have my bath. It was supposed to have a Lavender smell, that is supposed to relax you before you sleep. It couldn't really smell anything, which I thought was odd because I put so much in, but I shrugged it off and had my 20 minute soak.

I enjoyed my time with this product, sure its not as great as the other ones my mum uses but it's cheaper, there is more of it and turns the water blue, which was kind of awesome.

Next week - Condoms VS Ribbed Condoms.

#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

So I was out shopping today, as I often am, I have very little money right now because of a lot of expensive purchases this month. But shopping is still a fun way to pass the time, especially when you have little money as it means you can hunt for bargains. I've been in the market for some bubble bath for some time now, my mum is all into QVC. I'm guessing most of you know what QVC is, my mum will watch it for hours at a time, sometimes she won't buy anything, she just watches it for entertainment purposes. Anyway she watches mostly the beauty segments, so she often buys a bunch of expensive things off of them.

She has bought bath products from them, £30+ for some bubble bath, it doesn't even come in a big bottle just comes in this shitty hand sanitiser size bottle. In the past few years I have taken to having baths again, one every Sunday evening and if I'm feeling like it one Saturday. Well today about 5PM I was in the mood for a bath, I had a Workout earlier today and needed to unwind a little. I was about to start the bath when I thought fuck it, I need to go out and get a lottery ticket anyway why not go and get myself some of my own bubble bath.

I went to my local supermarket (Tesco) and went towards the bath isle, right at the front I saw a whole line of Radox bath products. I'm not sure why but everything from them was on sale, so I looked through there wide selection and ended up choosing a "Sleep Easy" bubble bath. The rest all sounded very similar, despite there being like 20 of them they all sounded the same. It was £1, came in a big ass bottle and was supposed to be quite good. On the way to the counter I went and got some Polo's, I was all out and I like to carry a pack around with me at all times. I was going to just get them, but there was a deal where if you got 3 you would pay less. So I spent a good few minutes deciding what to get, in the end I just went with the Polo's, as I am writing this I wish I would have gone with my heart and taken the Twix, as I am now rather hungry. I took them to the counter and swiped them, bagged them and off I went back home to try my new bubble bath.

So I started the bath and poured a little bit in, I then realised it was a pound and there was so much of it. So I poured way to much in, almost a quarter of the bottle. I was very happy with the results, bubbles all up in that bathtub like it was it's bitch. I then proceed to have my bath. It was supposed to have a Lavender smell, that is supposed to relax you before you sleep. It couldn't really smell anything, which I thought was odd because I put so much in, but I shrugged it off and had my 20 minute soak.

I enjoyed my time with this product, sure its not as great as the other ones my mum uses but it's cheaper, there is more of it and turns the water blue, which was kind of awesome.

Next week - Condoms VS Ribbed Condoms.

#2 Posted by Brodehouse (10138 posts) -

I should have a bath..!

Oh but I haven't cleaned my tub in like three years.

Showers it is!

#3 Posted by Brother_PipPop (259 posts) -

What is this I don't even

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I should have a bath..! Oh but I haven't cleaned my tub in like three years. Showers it is!

You should remove that tub from the world!

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Brother_PipPop said:

What is this I don't even

My work is done.

#6 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Classic Hizang thread

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -
@TheHumanDove said:

Classic Hizang thread

#8 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Tee heee heee! I write threads like I'm a stupid little girl!! Teee heeee heeeee! Ima soooo crazy!!!! Teee heee heeee!! People really luv meeeeeee!!!!

Aaaaand exhale.

#9 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

What

#10 Edited by Sumbog (508 posts) -

As a man who enjoys taking baths I do not like bubble bath. I usually take baths after working out in order to relax my muscles, so I use some sort of bath salt (at the moment I am using this mustard stuff that works pretty well). I find bubbles to just be annoying, and disallow me from submerging my upper body without getting bubbles in my hair.

Also what is a ribbed condom, are we talking like structural ribs like in a building?

#11 Posted by Zacagawea (1616 posts) -

I feel like you should get a job or something

#12 Edited by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

i will be sure to check out this bubble bath

#13 Edited by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

The quarter of a bottle seems excessive, I thought you might have had some problems with that. Whenever I take a bath, I usually just drop the bar of soap in there and hope some magic happens; probably not the best idea, I should look into some actual bubble bath.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Sumbog:

Condoms = Smooth Pavement.

Ribbed Condoms = Bumpy Road.

#15 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I should take a bath.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

floppy naturals

#17 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

As a fashion conscious young man who likes to take care of his appearance I was on askmen today and I was looking for some tips on shaving as the standard process of buying a few Gilettes every couple of months was making my face feel very weather worn before its time, I'm only nineteen, I've got a good few years in my face left and I'd like to spend it having my face stroked by beautiful and discerning young women who know the texture of good skin and can have an intellectual discussion regarding this topic.

Anyway, what I found is that the general consensus seems to be that a single bladed safety razor is the way to go for all your smooth shaving needs and is purported to have been the method championed by John Wayne amongst other legendary men that all young men such as myself should aspire to become. However, much to my surprise I found out that the choice of razor (German made, with German razors too, for your information) is not the only piece of knowledge that one should acquire in one's quest for a smooth shave. You also need to buy a lather, and a badger hair brush with which to apply said lather if you wish to succeed. The lather can be scented or unscented depending on whether you want to go au natural and have your natural male pheremones do the talking, but if you're a gentleman such as myself you need odeur l'hommes 1987 cologne to apply to yourself regardless of what you use, so scented or unscented is negligible. The badger hair brush is made from premium badger fur plucked from the raised hackles of the mother badger as it defends its cubs whilst the brave men ply their trade for the benefit of men everywhere.

So after I'd acquired all these vital components for the business of  improving my personnage I made my jolly way to the bathroom, razor in one hand, brush with lather in the other, in preparation for the Michelangelo of my face to become a Da Vinci. Unbeknownst to me, the bathroom was occupied. You see, my bathroom door was broken from an incident years in the past which I will not discuss, and it just swings open at the lightest touch, so anyone could just blithely stumble in. So I just blithely stumbled in, and before the contents could even scream a warning such as; "ohmiggodfuggoffouttaheeereee," a young man became a young boy again as he discovered his mother in the shower, Shaving. The consequences of seeing your half shaved, fifty year old mother in the shower on someone's psyche are staggering. A friend once told me a joke, he said that "At one point in their lives, every man has had his dick in his mothers vagina." That's what was running through my head as I stood shocked, staring at my progenitor. Suddenly I dropped my German steel and ran, and haven't stopped to this day.

Sometimes I look back on that day and wonder what lessons there are to be learned, and what I've taken away from the situation is that you should always knock before you enter. It's the polite thing to do, and it's for your own benefit.

#18 Posted by gametrkr (69 posts) -

I find taking bubble baths gross.

#19 Posted by LikeaSsur (1593 posts) -

You're either really tiny or your bathtub is very large. Looking at my bathtub, there's no way I can comfortably fit in there anymore.

#20 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@LikeaSsur That's an odd statement to make.
#21 Posted by Sanity (1951 posts) -

My issue with baths now days is i have to get up and use the shower to wash my hair. I like baths but i cant rinse my hair without using the shower.

#22 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

You are a grown-ass man.

#23 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

The internet is the best

#24 Posted by Bollard (5870 posts) -

I don't even know how, but your threads are getting weirder and weirder Hizang.

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Of course I clicked this thread. Although I'm starting to wonder if you're making these sorts of topics because you're trolling or or if they are actually genuine and you are just a dude who is really, really open and likes to share his insights with us, the GB public.

Having said that I do hope you're not joking about your next topic. I'd click that too.

#26 Posted by Insectecutor (1205 posts) -

I'm not one to talk but maybe you'd not be so broke if you didn't play the lottery and/or bought what you went to the shop to buy instead of walking out with bubble bath and sweets.

#27 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (659 posts) -

@Sploder said:

As a fashion conscious young man who likes to take care of his appearance I was on askmen today and I was looking for some tips on shaving as the standard process of buying a few Gilettes every couple of months was making my face feel very weather worn before its time, I'm only nineteen, I've got a good few years in my face left and I'd like to spend it having my face stroked by beautiful and discerning young women who know the texture of good skin and can have an intellectual discussion regarding this topic. Anyway, what I found is that the general consensus seems to be that a single bladed safety razor is the way to go for all your smooth shaving needs and is purported to have been the method championed by John Wayne amongst other legendary men that all young men such as myself should aspire to become. However, much to my surprise I found out that the choice of razor (German made, with German razors too, for your information) is not the only piece of knowledge that one should acquire in one's quest for a smooth shave. You also need to buy a lather, and a badger hair brush with which to apply said lather if you wish to succeed. The lather can be scented or unscented depending on whether you want to go au natural and have your natural male pheremones do the talking, but if you're a gentleman such as myself you need odeur l'hommes 1987 cologne to apply to yourself regardless of what you use, so scented or unscented is negligible. The badger hair brush is made from premium badger fur plucked from the raised hackles of the mother badger as it defends its cubs whilst the brave men ply their trade for the benefit of men everywhere. So after I'd acquired all these vital components for the business of improving my personnage I made my jolly way to the bathroom, razor in one hand, brush with lather in the other, in preparation for the Michelangelo of my face to become a Da Vinci. Unbeknownst to me, the bathroom was occupied. You see, my bathroom door was broken from an incident years in the past which I will not discuss, and it just swings open at the lightest touch, so anyone could just blithely stumble in. So I just blithely stumbled in, and before the contents could even scream a warning such as; "ohmiggodfuggoffouttaheeereee," a young man became a young boy again as he discovered his mother in the shower, Shaving. The consequences of seeing your half shaved, fifty year old mother in the shower on someone's psyche are staggering. A friend once told me a joke, he said that "At one point in their lives, every man has had his dick in his mothers vagina." That's what was running through my head as I stood shocked, staring at my progenitor. Suddenly I dropped my German steel and ran, and haven't stopped to this day. Sometimes I look back on that day and wonder what lessons there are to be learned, and what I've taken away from the situation is that you should always knock before you enter. It's the polite thing to do, and it's for your own benefit.

yes, always knock.....

#28 Posted by august (3866 posts) -

Can you tell me about ze multiplayer?

#29 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@pyromagnestir I'm just giving the people what they want, undecided about that next blog..
#30 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

Dude...

#31 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Hizang threads are the best threads.

#32 Posted by Sbaitso (563 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: We need a double bold to fully illustrate this point.

#33 Posted by matti00 (675 posts) -

Why are all your threads about something you've bought or had bought for you? And yes, my poor ass is slightly jealous.

#34 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

@Sploder: *looks around* *claps* I hope you have a writing job, cause that was amazing.

#35 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Baths are gross. Showers all up in this bitch.

#36 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

If you think bubble baths are exotic, son you need to experience a bath bomb. Shit fizzles like crazy.

#37 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

will you review of the condoms be from the point of view of the giver or taker

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7583 posts) -
#39 Posted by Arbie (1437 posts) -

You should go to Lush and get a bubble bar! Mmm they smell delicious!

Also, thanks for reminding me I haven't had a bath in months. I kind of want one, but I get pretty bored in the bath unless I read and if I read I fall asleep and I'm too young to dieee!

#40 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

The only way to bathe is with salts.

C'mon, a 20 minute soak? You don't even get rimpels from that. Might as well just go witha wet towel at that point.

No, the real boss grabs a book. Scented candles, salts and gets at least a good 1,5 hour soak perhaps even throw a little nap in there.

#41 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I usually listen to a podcast in the bath, for those wondering.