I can't tell if this is good or bad flame baiting

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Hyuzen

Anyone else following the professor layton characters on twitter? I am and today i saw something that seems like a huge over-reaction, but i guess its something par for the course on the internet.
the villain, Don Paolo (www.twitter.com/donofscience) posted a riddle that said this "Here's a puzzle! On Mars, 1 is 2, 2 is 4, 3 is 9 and 4 is 16. What is 15 on Mars?"
Any high school math student could probably figure out that the numbers are being squared and so the answer is 225. The only problem is that 1 squared is not 2, its still 1. He mentioned this in a later tweet saying "
As for why 1 is 2, it's MARS, minions! C'mon"
Now the real problem comes when a twitterer (is that correct) by the name Lillieyiyuan (www.twitter.com/lillieyiyuan) slamed Don on twitter and also in her(?) blog on blogger. They made the mistake of not realizing that you need to square the numbers, or they just didn't understand that and tried to show a different way to get a different answer. because Don gave the wrong answer the person then Don is basically the worst type of person in the world.
Some conversation happened between them on twitter with Don saying that Lillieyiyuan was slandering him. She posted a second post this time talking about how 1 squared isn't 2. Then she began talking about the litigation that could arise from saying that you are slandering someone. Again she pretty much said that the mistake and following behaviour of Don Paolo is the most offensive thing she has ever seen. (
This is pure incompetence of question design. It also is pure incompetence of marketing. It is also pure incompetence of their legal department. It is pure incompetence of social media)(a direct quote from her post) She also made several assumptions, such that Don Paolo's twitter account had something to do with Level-5, or Nintendo. She also assumed that Professor Layton games were deemed educational and that they were made to help people do better on tests like ACT's or SAT's. Firstly, well it wasn't apparent, a little research would show that none of the twitter accounts have anything to do with any parent companies, and more obvious, none of the puzzles in professor layton have ever helped me on any tests, to say that they do is a great over-exaggeration.
Now I'm no amateur to the ways of the internet and the way that Lillieyiyuan conducts herself seems to be something a flame baiter would do, and Don Paolo seemed to think so; calling what she did a troll. I just though I'd tell this story here for your opinions on the matter. It has to be a troll, because no one, not even Yahtzee has their head that far up their own ass.

(I apoligize if lillieyiyuan is not a female)

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

What?

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Don Paulo is an idiot. 1 squared will always be 1 wherever you go in this universe and dimension. So even being on Mars he is infact wrong.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Hyuzen
@Stang said:
" What? "
Haha ya i'm not always the most eloquent writer out there, sorry for any confusions.

@Keyser_Soze said:
" Don Paulo is an idiot. 1 squared will always be 1 wherever you go in this universe and dimension. So even being on Mars he is infact wrong. "
I do agree that it was a rookie mistake to say that 1 squared is 2.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By GreggD
@Stang said:
" What? "
Yeah, really? I mean...I'm sure that this is important to someone on another plane of existence, but I can hardly follow that clusterfuck of information, and I don't care to boot.

Now that I have that out of the way, this Don Paulo sounds like a dick. :P
woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By woodtsunami
@Stang said:
" What? "
/thread