• 105 results
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By Vinny_Says

I think I might be the only one on this website, but it's not as if I've never played games as a kid it's just that they weren't my main thing like many others. And no don't be expecting a list packed with CoD because I don't know "real" video games. Every other list out there has the same Super Mario 3 and FFXII on it, so I like to think that mine is at least a bit original....or just shitty depending on your viewpoint. Probably just shitty.

10. NHL 99

No Caption Provided
I spent a bunch of time creating custom teams and players, even going as far as recreating the 1972 summit series. This game was before silly cards, "dynasties", management and whatever other crazy thing that clogs up the gameplay and keeps me away from the series. It looked like shit on my awful computer but it controlled great and that intro movie blew my mind every time.

9. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

No Caption Provided
Yeah I played Ocarina of Time, this is better! What are you gonna do about it?
I don't want to disregard Ocarina of time, it's an awesome game but I think the fact that it took me 12 years to finish it might have skewed my judgement. Phantom Hourglass has a great art style (Windwaker) and a neat way of implementing the weapons which made the experience one of the most unique on the DS. Returning to the Ocean Temple every time sucked but it still beats the infamous water temple and never-ending final boss of Ocarina.

8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

No Caption Provided
Another Game that ran on my weak computer. Those are pretty rare. From the outside this game looks like a weird FPS with no gun model, but once you get it, you realize the depth this game has. This is still the tactical shooter to beat. GRAW was awesome for what it is but it's not Ghost Recon, it's GRAW so let's leave it at that. Building your team up then taking them out in the field is still the greatest feeling ever. Knowing that you can get shot at any moment and ruin the entire mission was so satisfyingly nerve-racking, I recommend you go out there and experience this gem.

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

No Caption Provided
7 and 8 could have been switched on this list with no effect. Although they are both modern military shooters, they are completely different games. One is a test of patience and the other one is a never ending thrill ride. YOU GET NUKED IN FIRST PERSON! One of the coolest campaigns out there. And the multiplayer is great too. Yes I alluded to this in the intro to this very blog, but even the most hardcore of gamers can recognize when something as new and unique as this comes out.
There's a reason every game today gets compared to this...annoying but still.

6. Donkey Kong 64

No Caption Provided
I still to this day curse the fucker who stole my copy of this. This was the shit! All the worlds, the characters, the bosses, the upside down ship and all that good stuff! Honestly I don't remember ever beating the final boss (couldn't get past the lava pit inside the Croc's mouth) and seeing the ending but it was still amazing none the less. I remember coming home for lunch and just playing this instead of eating and then returning to school hungry. I played the recent Donkey Kong Country on the Wii and just don't understand why they would remake that garbage instead of this. I have close to zero love for the series but if they remade this, I would buy it day one.

5. The Simpsons Hit and Run

This is one of my favorite GTA games. The Simpsons fell off after season 10 or so, but thankfully most of the humor in this was alluding to the first seasons of the show. It was a hard choice to choose this over Fallout 3 and I kind of wish I made a top 20 list at this point, but if you have any love for the Simpsons, go out and scour the internets for a copy of this. You won't regret it.

4. Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30

No Caption Provided
I remember downloading videos of Randy Pitchford and Col. John Antal demonstrating this game. It had real time squad dynamics (I fucking love squads) and some of the coolest A.I. out there. It was miles above any other WW2 shooter or even any shooter but it never got any recognition for being so awesome. People were playing their Call of Duties and Medals of Honor thinking they were "realistic" when this game was based on actual missions and soldiers. I spent hours playing on Authentic, that's 2 shot deaths and no checkpoints, just to unlock the extras. Looking back I should have just used the internet but where's the fun in that?

3. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

No Caption Provided
This is the culmination of all previous stealth games. They even let you play most of the game with zero stealth and still pass the levels. Graphically this was at the top for a while, and story wise this is the best Tom Clancy game. It was the freedom to play however you wanted that makes this better than the original SC.
It was packed with a great single player campaign, a unique multiplayer (Ubisoft is good at that) and fun co-op missions. I wish my dad was as bad-ass as Samuel Fisher.

2. Mass Effect 2

No Caption Provided
This is the part where I get called a noob with no taste but fuck ya'll! This is the shit! This is how you make games, this is how you implement story into your game. Other than Jade Empire I had no idea what Bioware was about until I got this. It blew my mind the minute I stepped on the bridge and saw the planet through the exploding ship. It would be number one if another game hadn't come out a few months later...

1. RED DEAD REDEMPTION

No Caption Provided
The greatest video game story ever told in the most satisfying game world ever created.

This is what good games are to someone who's never played Diablo, Starcraft, Half Life, Super Mario Bros. 3 or Final Fantasy VII. Is it weird to have a list without your usual suspects? Maybe. Is it weird that the top 2 came out just months apart? I bet! Will you chastise me for not having any classics on this list, that remains to be seen....

I've played much more than just these games here, I feel shame for not having more RPGs and racing games on this list but I don't regret missing out on a bunch of the so-called "classics". If you have weird lists like mine feel free to reply I would love to see some of them.

Honorable mentions: Halo CE, Fallout 3, Fable 1, Hitman Blood Money, Forza 3, Bad Company 2, NFS hot pursuit.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

I think I might be the only one on this website, but it's not as if I've never played games as a kid it's just that they weren't my main thing like many others. And no don't be expecting a list packed with CoD because I don't know "real" video games. Every other list out there has the same Super Mario 3 and FFXII on it, so I like to think that mine is at least a bit original....or just shitty depending on your viewpoint. Probably just shitty.

10. NHL 99

No Caption Provided
I spent a bunch of time creating custom teams and players, even going as far as recreating the 1972 summit series. This game was before silly cards, "dynasties", management and whatever other crazy thing that clogs up the gameplay and keeps me away from the series. It looked like shit on my awful computer but it controlled great and that intro movie blew my mind every time.

9. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

No Caption Provided
Yeah I played Ocarina of Time, this is better! What are you gonna do about it?
I don't want to disregard Ocarina of time, it's an awesome game but I think the fact that it took me 12 years to finish it might have skewed my judgement. Phantom Hourglass has a great art style (Windwaker) and a neat way of implementing the weapons which made the experience one of the most unique on the DS. Returning to the Ocean Temple every time sucked but it still beats the infamous water temple and never-ending final boss of Ocarina.

8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

No Caption Provided
Another Game that ran on my weak computer. Those are pretty rare. From the outside this game looks like a weird FPS with no gun model, but once you get it, you realize the depth this game has. This is still the tactical shooter to beat. GRAW was awesome for what it is but it's not Ghost Recon, it's GRAW so let's leave it at that. Building your team up then taking them out in the field is still the greatest feeling ever. Knowing that you can get shot at any moment and ruin the entire mission was so satisfyingly nerve-racking, I recommend you go out there and experience this gem.

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

No Caption Provided
7 and 8 could have been switched on this list with no effect. Although they are both modern military shooters, they are completely different games. One is a test of patience and the other one is a never ending thrill ride. YOU GET NUKED IN FIRST PERSON! One of the coolest campaigns out there. And the multiplayer is great too. Yes I alluded to this in the intro to this very blog, but even the most hardcore of gamers can recognize when something as new and unique as this comes out.
There's a reason every game today gets compared to this...annoying but still.

6. Donkey Kong 64

No Caption Provided
I still to this day curse the fucker who stole my copy of this. This was the shit! All the worlds, the characters, the bosses, the upside down ship and all that good stuff! Honestly I don't remember ever beating the final boss (couldn't get past the lava pit inside the Croc's mouth) and seeing the ending but it was still amazing none the less. I remember coming home for lunch and just playing this instead of eating and then returning to school hungry. I played the recent Donkey Kong Country on the Wii and just don't understand why they would remake that garbage instead of this. I have close to zero love for the series but if they remade this, I would buy it day one.

5. The Simpsons Hit and Run

This is one of my favorite GTA games. The Simpsons fell off after season 10 or so, but thankfully most of the humor in this was alluding to the first seasons of the show. It was a hard choice to choose this over Fallout 3 and I kind of wish I made a top 20 list at this point, but if you have any love for the Simpsons, go out and scour the internets for a copy of this. You won't regret it.

4. Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30

No Caption Provided
I remember downloading videos of Randy Pitchford and Col. John Antal demonstrating this game. It had real time squad dynamics (I fucking love squads) and some of the coolest A.I. out there. It was miles above any other WW2 shooter or even any shooter but it never got any recognition for being so awesome. People were playing their Call of Duties and Medals of Honor thinking they were "realistic" when this game was based on actual missions and soldiers. I spent hours playing on Authentic, that's 2 shot deaths and no checkpoints, just to unlock the extras. Looking back I should have just used the internet but where's the fun in that?

3. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

No Caption Provided
This is the culmination of all previous stealth games. They even let you play most of the game with zero stealth and still pass the levels. Graphically this was at the top for a while, and story wise this is the best Tom Clancy game. It was the freedom to play however you wanted that makes this better than the original SC.
It was packed with a great single player campaign, a unique multiplayer (Ubisoft is good at that) and fun co-op missions. I wish my dad was as bad-ass as Samuel Fisher.

2. Mass Effect 2

No Caption Provided
This is the part where I get called a noob with no taste but fuck ya'll! This is the shit! This is how you make games, this is how you implement story into your game. Other than Jade Empire I had no idea what Bioware was about until I got this. It blew my mind the minute I stepped on the bridge and saw the planet through the exploding ship. It would be number one if another game hadn't come out a few months later...

1. RED DEAD REDEMPTION

No Caption Provided
The greatest video game story ever told in the most satisfying game world ever created.

This is what good games are to someone who's never played Diablo, Starcraft, Half Life, Super Mario Bros. 3 or Final Fantasy VII. Is it weird to have a list without your usual suspects? Maybe. Is it weird that the top 2 came out just months apart? I bet! Will you chastise me for not having any classics on this list, that remains to be seen....

I've played much more than just these games here, I feel shame for not having more RPGs and racing games on this list but I don't regret missing out on a bunch of the so-called "classics". If you have weird lists like mine feel free to reply I would love to see some of them.

Honorable mentions: Halo CE, Fallout 3, Fable 1, Hitman Blood Money, Forza 3, Bad Company 2, NFS hot pursuit.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

I was more of a Banjo guy than DK 64, but they were both awesome.  Your 1 and 2 made me grind my teeth a bit, but whatever.  You should really play SMB 3 though.  

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JayDee

that cool doe like.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Ghost Recon is a great game, I just wish it had a better way to issue orders.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

I see The Simpsons Hit and Run for the Gamecube all the time at my local video game store. I should pick it up and play it on my Wii.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I have a severe dislike of Simpsons Hit And Run though that's more to do with how I ended up with it than anything. Playing like 5 minutes in a friends house and thinking that was a good basis for dropping full price dinero on it is one of the worst purchasing decisions I've ever had and I just bought a pair of Levis when I still owe rent.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Faint

Called  a noob for having Mass Effect 2 in your list? It was Game of the Year on this site, and also my game of the year. :)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

*looks at your list*...Yea, it is pretty shitty :P.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Akeldama
@HandsomeDead said:
" I have a severe dislike of Simpsons Hit And Run though that's more to do with how I ended up with it than anything. Playing like 5 minutes in a friends house and thinking that was a good basis for dropping full price dinero on it is one of the worst purchasing decisions I've ever had and I just bought a pair of Levis when I still owe rent. "
That was surprisingly weak...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@Skytylz said:
" I was more of a Banjo guy than DK 64, but they were both awesome. "
I agree with this fellow. 

@blacklabeldomm:
Also, the ending to DK 64 is kinda cool. Nothing mind blowing, but satisfying nonetheless. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
@blacklabeldomm:  Anyone who would call you a noob for liking Mass Effect 2 is an idiot... It's one of the best games ever, and I'm pretty sure everybody agrees.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
@LiquidPrince said:
" @blacklabeldomm:  Anyone who would call you a noob for liking Mass Effect 2 is an idiot... It's one of the best games ever, and I'm pretty sure everybody agrees. "
Are you kidding me?  I couldn't even stand the demo.
BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrockSampson
@Hailinel:

You are definitely in the minority on that one. I looked at your top 10 lists. It doesn't surprise me that you don't like it.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @blacklabeldomm:  Anyone who would call you a noob for liking Mass Effect 2 is an idiot... It's one of the best games ever, and I'm pretty sure everybody agrees. "
Are you kidding me?  I couldn't even stand the demo. "
See, now what does that say about you...? 
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Xeiphyer

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

RDR's story was just a basic redemption story with a revenge substory at the very end. While the game was good and kept you immersed, if you distill the story its actually kind of bad.

Hell, you can summarize it by saying "You used to be in this gang, but now you are going straight, but the government took your family so you gotta go hunt down 2 dudes from your gang to get them back". Its been done many many times. I think the reason why so many people liked it is because they haven't seen any western movies.

Also, Marston, totally awesome dude who kicks ass, however, his character is terrible. He starts the game fully developed and never changes or evolves over the course of the story. He used to be bad but now he is a good guy who is just trying to right his wrongs and make his new life work, the character is completely static.

As a nitpicking aside, Its also incredibly annoying how Marston is trying to be a good guy and save his family, but is a total pushover to all the quest people. If you meet some crazy graverobber and he makes you go do 4 quests that involve killing lots of people, maybe you should just put a gun to his head and make him tell you what you need to know. Seriously, he can kill thousands of people, but he can't intimidate 5 people to get the answers or the help he needs? Don't bother arguing its a character trait because after doing all the quests he intimidates them into doing shit anyways. Should have just done it in the first place. I mean really, his family is being held hostage, who knows what kind of things people could be doing to his wife, they might even be dead. Crack a few skulls man. Truthfully this is less to do with the game and more to do with Rockstar's horrible pacing and storytelling ability.

Anywaysssssssss... RDR is a great game, but I think saying it has a great story kind of iffy.

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Zapbrader

DK64 was my first title for that platform, but I ended up selling it to a friend before I could finish it. One day when we were hanging out, I realized he got as far as I did and we decided to sit down and try to finish it that day. I was so happy to finally see the last battle after about 8 years since I first played it, almost brought a tear to my eye. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By crusader8463
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
See, now what does that say about you...?  "
That he is not alone. ME 2 ruined all interest I had in the Mass Effect series after ME 1. I will still give ME 3 try to turn me around on it, but I'm really disliking the direction they are taking that game into in both story and game design.
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Your list is no big deal. I never played half the games in your list. So be it.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enigma777

Dude. Go play any other Zelda game ever made (that's not on a portable). You're missing out!

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dungbootle

I want to see some more favorites from people like you.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this list is...is it to see if the older generation of gamers will sneer at it? Well, I don't really agree with your list but as you started gaming at a different time there's nothing wrong with that. That said, it is stupidly easy to go back and play the classics these days thanks to digital distribution, if that's of interest to you.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a good list, and I don't want to change the focus of this thread.. but RDR's story was pretty darn bad. I love it because of the setting, gameplay, and slightly because of Marston. ( Also I am sucker for westerns)
 I thought the story and characters were generally..... not good.

It might be due to the fact that from watching westerns I was expecting an epic and great story, maybe my expectations for the story were too high.

@LiquidPrince:
I would not chastise someone for liking Mass Effect 2 but honestly I would never call it one of the best games ever. I thought it was alright, but not anything too great.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By yoshimitz707
@blacklabeldomm: You should check out the Oracle games for the GBC. Definitely my favourite of the Handheld Zelda's.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By demontium

... OK

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By TheHBK

Good choices considering you didn't grow up with them.  I would go back to play Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.  I was sorely disappointed with DK64.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By MysteriousBob
@crusader8463 said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
That he is not alone. ME 2 ruined all interest I had in the Mass Effect series after ME 1. I will still give ME 3 try to turn me around on it, but I'm really disliking the direction they are taking that game into in both story and game design. "
Man, I hate it when people take shitty games and actually make them fun to play! Because then they become mainsteam and that ain't hip! Damn streamers!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I like your list, duder. There are a lot of games we apparently agree on being pretty amazing.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

pretty good list, a lot of those i played. they were great games. i remember getting donkey kong 64, that game was awesome. i wish they made more games like that. i don't really remember beating the game either but it was fun to play that.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kingzetta

Certainly the oddest list I've ever seen.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hailinel
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
It says more about the severe flaws in your theory than anything else.
Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I really disagree on RDR... but, yeah, opinionssssss!!!111!one

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TwoLines

I love The Simpsons Hit N Run. I was looking forward to The Simpsons Game and, well, yeah. Didn't turn out all that great.

pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pigmartyr
@Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
i'll fan the flames. I agree. Its 30 hours of tracking down and assembling the perfect team for a 15 minute mission.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By JasonR86
@blacklabeldomm:

I don't know if it has already happened but the lack of anything Mario related is going to make you a target of angry, angry people.

Be prepared...
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Xeiphyer:  Hey man opinions....

@Enigma777:
  I've played most of the Zelda games already.

@owl_of_minerva:
  Do blogs ever have a purpose? I am pretty old at this point and people always expect me to have played "the classics", I just thought I'd bring a different viewpoint to the table.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vinny_Says
@MysteriousBob said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
That he is not alone. ME 2 ruined all interest I had in the Mass Effect series after ME 1. I will still give ME 3 try to turn me around on it, but I'm really disliking the direction they are taking that game into in both story and game design. "
Man, I hate it when people take shitty games and actually make them fun to play! Because then they become mainsteam and that ain't hip! Damn streamers! "
How can anyone wear their hipster glasses and play fun games at the same time? Ridiculous!

@JasonR86:
  Well those angry people will need to leave their moms' basements firsts, and it's pretty sunny outside these days which is bad for their skin....

I kid! I kid!
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm convinced that I'm the only person in the world who liked the Ocean Temple in Phantom Hourglass. It was unique! There'd always be new ways to get through the earlier floors faster with the items you got since your last visit if you thought outside the box! The time limit made you plan out your moves and take good notes!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there's any shame in having a battery of favorites comprised of recent-to-semi-recent titles. 

And Mass Effect 2 is one of the finest games ever made. Not the finest. But it's in a relatively short list of instant classics. 
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@MysteriousBob
@crusader8463 said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
Man, I hate it when people take shitty games and actually make them fun to play! Because then they become mainsteam and that ain't hip! Damn streamers!
Here we go again...

Let me break it down for you who don't understand, just because you like the game doesn't mean everyone doe and if you dislike it doesn't mean everyone else does. Why argue?
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mutha3
@BrockSampson said:

" @Hailinel: You are definitely in the minority on that one. I looked at your top 10 lists. It doesn't surprise me that you don't like it. "

Eh. Minority or not, that doesn't make an opinion any less valid.

The(sheer) majority of the people in this world are religious, just sayin'
@MysteriousBob said:
" @crusader8463 said:

Man, I hate it when people take shitty games and actually make them fun to play!

Nah.
Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Elazul

Am I the only person in the world who didn't hate the Water Temple? I first played through OoT when I was like nine years old, I didn't use a guide and I don't recall having any problems with it at all.

Anyway, great list. It's been interesting to see what nostalgia (or a lack thereof) will do to your taste in gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xeiphyer said:
"Hell, you can summarize it by saying "You used to be in this gang, but now you are going straight, but the government took your family so you gotta go hunt down 2 dudes from your gang to get them back"."
We, in the biz, like to call this 'high concept'.
xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xpxTomxqx

Good list, I'm afraid I am one of the generic list creators but this was a nice little break. Never played DK 64 but one day want to go back and play it. Red Dead as number 1? Bit of a shocking choice for me not as in it's a bad game, I  just personaly think that there are better games out there. Good list though!
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Venatio

My favorite game ever is Mass Effect 2 and I grew up with videogames

Close contenders are Jak 2, Persona 4 and Uncharted 2

My opinion is that games don't have to be 100 years old to be a favorite, I love alot of older games too but none touch these
borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By borodin
@blacklabeldomm: uugggghhhhh I fucking *hated* Brothers in Arms! It had some cool stuff in (mainly any time it gave you a tank) but there was so much design bullshit in that game. The fact most sections were more like a puzzle game than anything resembling an action game, making me flank by not letting me shoot enemies in cover from the front was probably the worst though. I can remember some really egregious examples where I was maybe 5 meters away, could clearly see a guy in cover, yet my bullets didn't do anything other than fill up the ridiculous "suppression indicator"- it was almost like they had the cover system from Company of Heroes but made me play it like an FPS
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46  Edited By JasonR86
@blacklabeldomm:

By the way, one of those angry people wouldn't have been me.  I can understand that this is just an opinion.
apeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By apeman
@pigmartyr said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
i'll fan the flames. I agree. Its 30 hours of tracking down and assembling the perfect team for a 15 minute mission. "
is assembling a team not fun?  should there have been fetch quests or grinding instead?  the story is about the team, their development together, and then the suicide mission. 

I think this is the absolute stupidest critique of ME2.  What isn't fun about assembling well-voiced, extremely interesting teammates?  Remind me of the first Suikoden on the PS1--that game was awesome.  One of my favorite things about RPG's is having interesting companions, and getting to know 'em.

Did you not like ME2's characters?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hailinel
@apeman:  I believe what pigmartyr is saying is that the payoff, the actual suicide mission that the entire game had built toward, wasn't worth the time it took to actually get there.  It doesn't seem like a stupid critique to me.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vinny_Says
@borodin said:
" @blacklabeldomm: uugggghhhhh I fucking *hated* Brothers in Arms! It had some cool stuff in (mainly any time it gave you a tank) but there was so much design bullshit in that game. The fact most sections were more like a puzzle game than anything resembling an action game, making me flank by not letting me shoot enemies in cover from the front was probably the worst though. I can remember some really egregious examples where I was maybe 5 meters away, could clearly see a guy in cover, yet my bullets didn't do anything other than fill up the ridiculous "suppression indicator"- it was almost like they had the cover system from Company of Heroes but made me play it like an FPS "
You need to use more skill, the issue of not being able to kill enemies without flanking is a myth. But then again sneaking up on a couple of nazis and shooting them in the back was the best part.
In some sections your point is valid because you couldn't kill a MG gunner from the front, but regular enemies were never a problem to me....