I finally got around to watching Breaking Bad(Spoilers)

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fantastic show. But did anybody else find Marie and Hanks reaction to Walt being a meth dealer to be kind of unrealistically fucked up? I don't remember exactly how long they have known eachother, maybe it was 16 years or something? Then at an instant with honestly not the greatest of evidence they immediately go into "He's a devilish monster who deserves to rot." Without even trying to hear his side of anything. Weird to me that they would do that so easily to a man they have known and presumably cared about for so long.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It wasn't that he's a meth dealer/cooker, it's that he's a murderer.

Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I agree with that reaction. I guess, yeah it is pretty fucked that the brother-in-law to a DEA agent is cooking meth, but they should see that he was doing it for all the right reasons... actually I don't even know anymore.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's because he had been lying to them and manipulating Hank the entire time, he almost got Hank killed, and they knew Walt had killed people. There are way more reasons than just that he cooked meth.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

I think Hank and Marie immediately suspected that Walt had a lot to do with why Hank was randomly targeted by those two crazy twins (which led to his near paralysis). Which is absolutely the case, because if I'm remembering correctly, I don't think any of Hank's work with the DEA was actually the reason that Gus permitted the twins to go after Hank.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

But how could they have possibly known that? The only actual evidence he had against Walter was the book. And that didn't point to any murder. He really only knew for certain that he was making meth.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Can you imagine if you were a DEA agent and the most notorious and dangerous criminal in the whole state whom you've been pouring all your time and resources into finding was your brother in law? When someone like that has been manipulating you and your loved ones into his lies? A hostile reaction to that doesn't sound too unrealistic to me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@krullban said:
@corevi said:

But how could they have possibly known that? The only actual evidence he had against Walter was the book. And that didn't point to any murder. He really only knew for certain that he was making meth.

Because they knew Heisenberg committed murder, and they knew Walter was Heisenberg, thus they knew Walter committed murder.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

And Walt's family was put into a pretty awful situation. That wouldn't sit well, since Skye was Marie's family.

Avatar image for tigerface_killah
Tigerface_Killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: I had the same problem; yet not so much that he would turn on his own family so easily, but the fact that he went through multiple magazines, flipped to the last page, then middle, then very first page of a random book and so happens to see w.w., relates it to a conversation he had a year ago, and going on just that as evidence, pieces it all together. So despite the fact that this is the best television show I have watched ever, I must say that that was arguably the most terrible way they could have tied all that together.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I had exactly the same reaction as you. Maybe my family's just weird, but I definitely don't think they'd turn on me like that if they found out I was cooking Meth. Maybe it's a little different since they were just in-laws, but they seemed pretty close. I think it would've made more sense if the evidence was stronger. Based on what he found Hank probably would've connected the dots, but I didn't buy that everything fell into place and convinced him so quickly. I had the same problem with Jesse and the cigarette, that seemed like a bit of a stretch. I think what it comes down to is they needed those revelations to occur in order to tell the story they wanted, and they didn't really sweat over the details.