#1 Posted by mortal_sb (524 posts) -

because fuck zojirushi!

"Just replace the metal lid with this cool new Cuppow sipping lid to transform an old-fashioned wide mouth canning jar into a uniquely interesting and inexpensive travel mug. It's an ingenious and funny alternative to the typical slick and expensive travel mug, but until they invent a canning jar travel mug insulated sleeve, you'll need to be careful with hot coffee and tea."

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. you can get a ok thermos for $9 and this thing looks like cheap plastic. anyway.. this thing is actually real: http://www.cuppow.com/

#2 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

A thermos may be cheaper but then where would the jar love be?

#3 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Am I the only one that thinks drinking from a jar is kinda weird?

#4 Posted by mortal_sb (524 posts) -

also: where's the jar love coming from? who said that it would be ok (and not at all hobo like) to drink out of an empty jar?

#5 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

@Zero_ said:

Nope.

#6 Edited by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

It looks like you end up paying more for the packaging then you do the actual product.

#7 Posted by Pezen (1591 posts) -

Finally, you can be white trash and work on your career at the same time. Billy-Joe, no need to choose between the fast urban life of Wall Street or your trailer, just buy yourself one of these and GIT R' DUN!

#8 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

$10 for a plastic cap? Wow, what a fucking rip-off

#9 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

How hard is it to pour the content of the jar into a drinking cup? This is like inventing secondary bed sheets because the first layer of bed sheets is too much of a hassle to get under.

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@mortal_sb said:

also: where's the jar love coming from? who said that it would be ok (and not at all hobo like) to drink out of an empty jar?

When visiting my grandparent's house out in the country when I was a kid we would drink iced sweet tea out of jars. Sit down on the front porch in the hot summer with a big jar of sweet tea and you'll understand.

#11 Posted by DerekDanahy (873 posts) -

I always used to drink out of jars because it's a really stupid thing to do.

#12 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2661 posts) -

Wow, a cap for hipsters so they can drink out of a jar and feel more hipsterish...

#13 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Looks like a great way to turn a jar into a sippy cup.

Also
@Zero_ said:

No it's pretty weird. I mean... people are supposed to drink out of bottles. Really. Jeff should look that up.
#14 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

Something that most people think is a complete waste of money and only caters to/intrigues a few people. Sounds right up Jeff's ally.

#15 Posted by Brendan (7732 posts) -

Naw, defeats the ridiculousness of it. Drinking straight out of the jar is the point, maan.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Is that a sippy cup?

#17 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@mortal_sb said:

When visiting my grandparent's house out in the country when I was a kid we would drink iced sweet tea out of jars. Sit down on the front porch in the hot summer with a big jar of sweet tea and you'll understand.

Pretty much this. My grandmother still has cups that are basically just mason jars.

#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Is that a sippy cup?

An adult sippy cup!

#19 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

What's wrong with just drinking out of a jar, exactly?

#20 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

now i can drink beet juice right out of the jar? sold.

#21 Posted by mortal_sb (524 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@mortal_sb said:

i did this when i was young, but we had real glasses.

#22 Posted by Milkman (16613 posts) -

What kind of hipster jar shit is this?

#23 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Tested needs to make one of these with the makerbot.

#24 Posted by BisonHero (6393 posts) -

I'm pretty sure drinkin' straight out the jar is a lot cooler than turning your jar into a sippy cup. I figured the whole point of drinking out of a jar is that it's close to a beer glass in size, allowing you to take large gulps of whatever you're drinking. The sippy cup top ruins that aspect.

#25 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@mortal_sb said:

@McGhee said:

@mortal_sb said:

i did this when i was young, but we had real glasses.

umm . . . congratulations?

#26 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Zero_ said:

no

#27 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

Like posted on the first page, looks like a sipper cup. I do have a canning jar to drink out of myself... And its not one of those fake ones you buy for drinking, this is a jar which at one point houses my muttis home-made strawberry jams.

#28 Posted by Turambar (6709 posts) -

Not sure what it says about me when I immediately thought the person in the bottom picture was drinking urine.

#29 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@Zero_ said:

Nope.

It's fairly common where I'm from, and I even think it's super weird.

#30 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

So I can drink pickled egg juice without getting hit in the face by pickled eggs? About time.

#31 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

Around here we save all of our glass jelly/jam jars for drinks, glasses are fine but the width of a jar allows for a better ice-cube to beverage ratio, and nothing is better than drinking something out of a nice cold glass.

#32 Posted by super2j (1666 posts) -

@Vorbis: i heard u have had pickled eggs on face, it just confuses me why u would let that happen over and over if u didnt like it.

#33 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

No thank you, I can afford cups.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (11933 posts) -

I think that girl's pretty cute.

#35 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

Mason Jars make things taste better. Proven fact.

Drinking out of them is not hard or in any way inconveniencing.

I love 'em for all the juicing I do.

#36 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6294 posts) -

@Vexxan said:

@Zero_ said:

Nope.

It is pretty weird, and I had never heard of such a thing until I went to Maine for New Year's. I was kind of grossed out by the fact that what I was drinking out of was once full of grape jelly, but other than that they make perfectly acceptable glasses.

#37 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

If Jeff wants to class things up he should get the Redneck Mason Jar Wine Glass.