• 75 results
#1 Posted by Brodehouse (9636 posts) -

Just this little brick of cornbread. It was like a little square muffin. I've never had cornbread before. Tasted awesome. It's the next day I can't stop thinking about that Goddamn cornbread. According to Wikipedia there's different types of cornbread, but I like the one that's like a little of brick of tastiness.

Do you think they have it at Safeway? Just thinking about is making me crazy hungry.

I also had a pulled pork sandwich but whatever dude. Dat cornbread.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -

Yeah... most places should have it

#3 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

My sister made cornbread once. It was nice.

#4 Posted by Hoffafiles (285 posts) -

Why yes, cornbread is awesome.

#5 Posted by endaround (2140 posts) -

Well they will have cornbread/muffin mix

There is usually a honey glaze on top.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8031 posts) -

I didn't come to cornbread until I was like, 27-years-old. Normally I hate any sort of stand-alone bread like muffins and biscuits etc, but cornbread if fucking delicious.

#7 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I love the sweeter cornbread style. But not the other kind which isn't sweet at all, and kind of taste bad. But cornbread and a good chili..... MMMMMMMM GOOD.

#8 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

cornbread is free in april for playstation plus users

#9 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (232 posts) -

I had cornbread once. It was a Thursday.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10551 posts) -

I'm not a big fan of cornbread. It's usually too dry.

#11 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

Whatever you do, don't order the cornbread at Cracker Barrel. That shit is way too dry and has no flavor.

#12 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1224 posts) -

I eat a corn bread muffin everyday before work.

#13 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2414 posts) -

Great thread, cornbread owns.

#14 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Pretty easy to make, I'd recommend looking into it, well worth the trouble.

#15 Posted by FateOfNever (1815 posts) -

I now have an urge for cornbread.. thanks for that.

#16 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Cornbread urge. At a college dorm. No car. Sadface.

#17 Posted by superpow (226 posts) -

My grandmother makes a mean cornbread!

I hope this thread spins off to a cornbread enthusiast club.

#18 Posted by SquigglyElf (39 posts) -

I had cornbread once. It was weird and spongy, and had almost no flavour. Felt like it was extremely stale. It was horrible and I just assumed cornbread was horrible. Now I feel like I'm really missing out.

#19 Edited by hughesman (312 posts) -

As a southern gentleman, cornbread has been a major part of my diet since i was knee-high to a grasshopper.

#20 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

What you really need is cornbread with bacon in it. Its fantastic.

#21 Posted by N7 (3574 posts) -

You need some cornbread and beefstew. It's going to change how you look at food.

#22 Edited by LTSmash (604 posts) -

Jalapeno cornbread is pretty great too.

#23 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

One glorious day a week I have cornbread muffins, bacon and eggs for breakfast. Makes life worth living.

#24 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I love cornbread more than anything.

#25 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

Damnit dude.

#26 Posted by Bumpton (441 posts) -

I was never a fan of the super dry cornbreads, but my mom used to make it with some cream of corn (just enough to keep is moist), jalapenos, and a bit of cheese all baked into it. Life changing.

#27 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

I remember having some during elementary/grade school. Didn't think much of it. But because of this thread, the next time I have a chance to get cornbread at a restaurant I will take that chance.

#28 Posted by Nasar7 (2608 posts) -

Cornbread is the greatest achievement of southern culture....next to fried chicken, that is.

#29 Posted by heat (190 posts) -

How much of a sheltered life have you lived?

#30 Posted by AlexW00d (6191 posts) -

I assume cornbread is just regular bread but with corn flour instead of wholemeal flour?

Wait, is that the shit on corndogs? The stuff that tastes like a fried doughnut?

#31 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I'm southern, so maybe it's just the area I'm in, but if it's not buttery and sweet it ain't cornbread.

@JeanLuc said:

This is one of the very, very few ways of improving cornbread.

#32 Edited by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Growing up in Australia I never really had it but here in Canada it is possible to get but not that common. Went on a road trip through the South-East US and had cornbread everywhere I went. Was awesome.

#33 Posted by bobafettjm (1407 posts) -

It is indeed tasty. I like to butter cornbread and put some honey on it.

#34 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I like it in chili.

#35 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@Brodehouse: Holy crap it is crazy how many of you never had cornbread or only had in once in your life. I can't think of a week that went by growing up where I didn't have some cornbread. I guess that is what happens when most of your family comes from the south. They love them some cornbread there.

Love this movie and every time I hear the word cornbread now I think of this scene.

#36 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Famous Dave's has some pretty good cornbread muffins. The rib tips come with one and there's usually enough rib tips that I'm full before I get to the muffin, so I save it to eat later.

#37 Posted by Brodehouse (9636 posts) -
@DeShawn2ks I was like "it's like cake without the icing!" which is great because the spongy part is the best part of fake anyway.

Apparently there's a southern fried version and a northern baked style. I think mine was baked. So as soon as I get off work I'm going to get me some.
#38 Posted by Synaptic (305 posts) -

Cornbread is so delicious...

#39 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Cornbread is good with jelly on it.

#40 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@hughesman said:

As a southern gentleman, cornbread has been a major part of my diet since i was knee-high to a grasshopper.

As a British gentleman, I have never consumed cornbread. I feel like I am missing out on something special.

#41 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1594 posts) -

Cornbread is a great complement to any bean dish. Your rice and beans, your chili, what have you. The sweet kind or the non-sweet kind, I can get down with both.

#42 Posted by DeathByWaffle (630 posts) -

Is cornbread a rarer thing in some places? I don't eat it too often, but it is fairly common. It is also fairly delicious.

#43 Posted by Lanceuppercut (129 posts) -

@hughesman said:

This.

#44 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

You should have my mom's cornbread, restaurant cornbread always sucks ass compared to my mom's.

#45 Posted by Brodehouse (9636 posts) -
@xobballox

You should have my mom's cornbread, restaurant cornbread always sucks ass compared to my mom's.

I'd love to eat your mom's cornbread.
#46 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

@xobballox

I knew that would turn into a sexual joke.

WE WILL DO THE FISTICUFFS, SIR.

#47 Posted by Brodehouse (9636 posts) -
@xobballox

@Brodehouse said:

@xobballox

I knew that would turn into a sexual joke.

WE WILL DO THE FISTICUFFS, SIR.

Challenge accepted. 7:
#48 Edited by Superkenon (1397 posts) -

Cornbread's something my mama baked pretty regularly as I grew up, so I'm pretty down with it. Not something I've ever seen offered at a restaurant though.

#49 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Oh damn, this guy's gonna get his mind blown when he tries hot cornbread with butter.

#50 Posted by Brodehouse (9636 posts) -

There's no cornbread at Safeway! I asked the lady at the bakery and she looked at me like I asked her for a barrel of garflings! She tried to sell me some sort of tortilla! Fuck that!

They don't even have mix for making my own cornbread! This is egregious!