This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

I just really dislike her as a person. Stubborn, callous and impertinent.

Just today she locked me out of the house in the pouring rain because I didn't do the washing up. She doesnt listen at all to what I say and says what she thinks over and over, when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

What the fuck kind of parenting is this? Blackmail and neglect for stupid fucking petty things. Taking power-trips all the fucking time.

sorry about this, but I'm angry... can't wait to get out. Anyone know how to deal with this sort of person, or any experiences to share?

PS:

I just want to say to everyone that is basically having a go at me, I would NEVER threaten to take away my child's chance at an education and blackmailing them is just immoral. She's told me to go and live with my father and to fuck off I suppose you would do that to your kids too? Maybe my ideals are fucked up though, who knows.

Anyone calling me lazy is dead wrong, I spend all day at a summer course, and get a ton of assignments, presentations and essays to write, not sitting on my ass all day with a ton of free time.

Extra Edit: To cover things I've said in replies, yes I think I may have a problem with authority, I was only saying I wasn't lazy cause people seemed to think I did fuck all, when my mum didnt feed me I DID in fact feed myself... And just know that my mum has estranged herself from her sister and is divorced from my dad. That kinda explains itself

#2 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Yes I hate your mom as well. But on a serious note do you have a job? Can you move out? If you can't then I say deal with it for now. Later when you can move out then then you don't have to deal with her anymore if you choose not to.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I get along really well with my parents. Sorry to hear you and your mother don't see eye-to-eye.

#4 Posted by Meltac (2003 posts) -

Beat her with a shovel. 

... and if that doesn't help, take an extra swing at her. 

#5 Edited by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

No, my mom is awesome I love her.

EDIT : Also it sounds like you're a baby and lazy, she's paying for your education you better do something to repay that asking you to do washing up is the least thing you can do mostly because I gather you don't do any work so you shouldn't have any problem doing that unless you're disabled.

#6 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo: Why didn't you do the washing up?

#7 Posted by Tonyyj (141 posts) -

Sorry but you sound like a brat.

#8 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

My mom is a chill bro.

#9 Posted by crazyleaves (646 posts) -

When she's gone there will be nothing left but tears, trust me on this one.

#10 Posted by The_Ruiner (1066 posts) -

Dude just do the washing up...I mean she feeds you...the hell did you do for her but ruin her figure and suck up money she could be spending on trips to the bahamas?

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15969 posts) -

No I love my parents. There are times when all parents get on your nerves, but you deal with it. Also, maybe you shouldn't have told her to shut up. Then again I don't know you or her personally so...

#12 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

My mom is the greatest! 

And 
@Tonyyj said:

Sorry but you sound like a brat.

This
#13 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Kids say the darndest things.

That said, yes your mom is crazy.

That said, university fees are a downer, and I had to put myself through school while working part time. There's not much more of a bitch in life than that.

That said, child services! 'Cause you only live once, amirite?

#14 Posted by DeeGee (2128 posts) -

... she's going to pay for your university fees?

You should treat her like god, because what the fuck. The majority of people end up burried under a mountain of student loans just to go to university, me included.

#15 Posted by Zombie_Shakespeare (132 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

When she's gone there will be nothing left but tears, trust me on this one.

This.

I don't get along with my mother. I'd go as far to say as I dislike her as a person. A lot. But she's still my mother and she raised me the way she did because she thought it was best.

#16 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo: You need to sit her down and have a talk with her about how you feel about the way she treats you. She'll probably get defensive and try to turn it around on you. At that point, just promise to her that you'll do better in the things she pointed out about you. Probably in stuff like talking back, disrespect, being lazy, etc. Then follow through with your promise. If she doesn't follow through with her promise, call her out on it all while still holding up to your end.

#17 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Sounds like a real pain in the caboose.

#18 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3882 posts) -

My moms is awesome. She made up a rap song about the damn cat. It was simultaneously the best/worst thing ever.

I'm not gonna pass judgement on your situation, your mom could be awful or you could be a bratty jerk or somewhere in between. If you're doing your best and she's still terrible, well unfortunately you just have to put up with it till you can move out. If you're the problem, smarten up and treat your moms with some damn respect.

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

How dare she get angry because you're too lazy to do chores.

#20 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I love my mom but yours sounds like an asshole.

#21 Posted by Village_Guy (2599 posts) -

Indeed, your mom is a pretty crappy person - and to be honest, you sound like one too.

You're living in her house, eating her food, getting to study because SHE pays for it.

If you want any of these things, you play by her rules. Suck it up and do what she asks you to do, or move out and pay for your own food and university.

PS. I'm just kidding about your mom being a dick, though I'm not sure whether I can say the same about you.

#22 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

Yes, I also hate your mom.

#23 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

she feeds you and is going to pay your university tuition. life is hard.

#24 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I've never met your mum.

#25 Posted by Floope (190 posts) -

pro parent anti child attitude is bullshit.

#26 Posted by RazielCuts (2961 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

You're going to University (paid for might I add) and you can't feed yourself? Boy, you're going to have it hard. Ever heard of a Student Loan? Deal with that you big bitch.

#27 Posted by VierasTalo (813 posts) -

After the shit I've put my mom through during her life, if I said I'd hate her after everything that she has helped me undergo, I'd be one awful, awful person.

So no, I don't hate my mum. Your situation sounds kind of nasty though, but I can't help but feel that this may be a case of misunderstandings on both sides. She thinks you're lazy, you think she's awful. Sounds like someone needs a mediator to help having one serious discussion.

#28 Posted by falserelic (5445 posts) -

This thread will lead you to a dark road. Trust me I've been there. Lock it before its to late.

#29 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1449 posts) -

Until you have finished college and see just how hard it is outside your walls, you have no idea how lucky you are. Act like an adult.

#30 Posted by DiamondDave (29 posts) -

My mom is pretty cool. Back in my preschool days we would play snes games together like Super Mario World and the Donkey Kong Country games. She also loved the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games. Nowadays she plays the Lego games with me.

I say that you and your mom should just have a nice long talk over dinner that YOU make. That way you can get some cooking skills, give your mother a break, and spend some quality time with her.

#31 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

Do the washing up you stupid prick! She is paying for your education, keeping you fed and giving you a roof over your head.

Also telling her to shut up rather than trying to reason with her in the first place isn't a smart move. If she tells you to do something for the fourth time maybe you deserve some waterlogging.

Bloody kids these days!

#32 Posted by Floope (190 posts) -

Alot of you have terrible views.

#33 Edited by PenguinDust (12533 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

Indeed, your mom is a pretty crappy person - and to be honest, you sound like one too.

You're living in her house, eating her food, getting to study because SHE pays for it.

If you want any of these things, you play by her rules. Suck it up and do what she asks you to do, or move out and pay for your own food and university.

PS. I'm just kidding about your mom being a dick, though I'm not sure whether I can say the same about you.

You get a gold star, Village_Guy. I couldn't have said it any better.

My mother's dead. I miss her every single day.

#34 Posted by solidlife (880 posts) -

Her house her rules.

#35 Posted by Jimbo (9820 posts) -

I think your mum is ok.

It sounds like you are contributing precisely fuck all and expecting everything in return. You'll get along better when you stop acting like you're 12 years old. Maybe take a good hard look at yourself and consider the point she was trying to make by shutting you out in the rain and 'refusing to feed you'.

Actually you sound a bit dense, so let me spell it out for you: you are currently incapable of fending for yourself (see exhibit a and b ^), so a bit of washing up and a bit of respect is not a lot to ask in return for being fed, housed and educated. Grow up. When you are in a position to support yourself, you can do as little washing up as you like and mouth off at whoever you want.

#36 Posted by Muerthoz (350 posts) -

Doesn't she know that doing the wash is beneath you? You're going to go to college and you have lots of important internetz to do. You cant be bothered with such things. You should really stick it to her by making her pay for lawyer school or doctor school. That'll teach her who's boss.

#37 Edited by tomte (291 posts) -

So your mom pays for your food, clothes and school, shes doing your laundry, make food for you, cleans the house etc.

What are you doing for her? Shes your mom, not your slave.

And did you tell your mom to shut up???

#38 Posted by Cloudleet (156 posts) -

Dude, my mom loves me, I do all my chores, I'm always nice, I've never told her to shut up, yet, she does not pay my universityfee. I have a part time job and a horrific student loan. You should consider yourself lucky.

Sounds like you should just do the damn dishes and talk with her, a real talk, preferably one that does not end with shouting.

I wish you good luck and hope the two of you can get to an agreement. If not, get a part time job, move out, but never, EVER, say that you hate your mother, you will regret those words when she's gone.

#39 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@ItBeStefYo said:

Just today she locked me out of the house in the pouring rain because I didn't do the washing up. She doesnt listen at all to what I say and says what she thinks over and over, when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

What the fuck kind of parenting is this? Blackmail and neglect for stupid fucking petty things. Taking power-trips all the fucking time.

sorry about this, but I'm angry... can't wait to get out. Anyone know how to deal with this sort of person, or any experiences to share?

What kind of ungrateful little fuck are you? I hope she beats you to death with a shovel you little fucking brat. Stop being a deadbeat college student, you fucking deadbeat asshole college student.

hey now

stop being an UNGRATEFUL asshole college student.

My mom paid for my college stuff for a year (only one year) and I was completely grateful to her then and now, but I was still a deadbeat and kind of an asshole.

#40 Posted by AlexW00d (6283 posts) -

Hey if she even considered pay your £30,000 uni fees - plus the extra £30,000 or so for living fees I assume? - then you should fucking worship her.

#41 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

She's treating you like you deserve. Grow up.

#42 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, have you ever seen the show malcolm in the middle? it has frankie munenz and the bald guy from breaking bad.. my mother acts just like the mother on that show. she is always yelling at everyone for stupid things.

as you can see from this picture, her face always kind of looks like this and then starts yelling.

#43 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

your not the only one, i cant stand her...or the rest of my family

#44 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

My parents flat-out told me that they weren't going to co-sign, so sometime soon I have to go take out a (relatively) small student loan if I want to go to university.

Grow up. You're not a kid anymore. Life isn't going to lock you outside in the rain, it's going to take a baseball bat and beat the shit out of you if you can't bite the bullet and do some of your own shit. Right now you're just doing fuck all and life doesn't ride on fuck all, so stop your bitching, grab your balls, and swallow your fucking inflated pride, you cunt.

#45 Posted by konig_kei (624 posts) -

If you want her to listen to you then show her that your opinion is worth her time, she sounds pretty busy having to cook, clean and pay your fees. Just do what she tells you mate its not much to ask.

#46 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Hate is a strong fucking word dude. Try imagining how you would raise your kid in order for them not to be a failure. Now imagine that process is 50 times more difficult. that's what she's going through.

#47 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

I love and get on incredibly well with both my parents. But yeah, some parents are callous dicks.

#48 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@RobbleWobble said:

Alot of you have terrible views.

Locking him outside was a bit extreme but she's paying his tuition (ultimately saving him from tens of thousands in debt) and, you know, raised him and feeds him. Asking him to do some chores is hardly unreasonable.

#49 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

It's hard to say since this is only one little event in your entire relationship, but I get on great with my mom. My ex's mother was the extremely malicious and abusive towards her daughter, though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

@AlexW00d said:

Hey if she even considered pay your £30,000 uni fees - plus the extra £30,000 or so for living fees I assume? - then you should fucking worship her.

The fuck? I thought college in the UK was free.

#50 Posted by wewantsthering (1571 posts) -

I love my parent's and respect them as people. I don't always follow what they suggest now that I'm an adult, but I always listen to their advice. OP honestly sounds like kind of an asshole.