I hate my mum. Anyone else?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By laserbolts

My mom is awesome and she didn't pay for my tuition. Suck it up. Teenage angst is funny stuff.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By napalm

@HeManWomanHater said:

I feel ya bro. My mom took $10,000 dollars from me and is refusing to pay it back when the reason I gave it to her in the first place is just to HOLD IN HER ACCOUNT so the bank could see she has backup money and approve her for the loan for the house. Even after promising to give it back and getting something signed by a notary, she snuck into my room where I kept the form, burned it up, and spent the $10,000. Additionally, now just getting out of college, she's making me pay $1,000 per month for rent when I only make roughly $12,000 per year after taxes and I get 1/4th of a closet for space for my clothes and sleep on the couch in the living room since we're in a 2 bedroom and I have a younger sister, an aunt, and a cousin living in the same place. Then, when I say I'm going to move into a single, she bitches me out and calls me ungrateful and threatens me with all kinds of crap. Yea, I highly dislike my mom - and your mom sounds like the same kind of person.

This sounds infinitely way worse than OPs story of getting locked out because he didn't do the dishes. That is some serious stuff, man. You need to get out, ASAP. Less thinking, more doing!

Avatar image for hemanwomanhater
HeManWomanHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By HeManWomanHater
@TheSouthernDandy said:

@HeManWomanHater: You're paying $1000 a month for living at home?? Holy crap dude, there's gotta be something cheaper, even a bachelor apartment in someones basement or something.

Yea, my mom's basically screwing everyone over. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 people in it. She's having me pay $1,000 per month, my aunt pay $500 a month,  my cousin pay $500 a month, and my sister paying nothing since she doesn't have a job. So between me, my aunt, and cousin, we're giving my mom $2,000 a month to stay in an apartment that's $1,850 per month plus $400 for utilities. I'm getting screwed over the worst right now. 
Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HeManWomanHater said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@HeManWomanHater: You're paying $1000 a month for living at home?? Holy crap dude, there's gotta be something cheaper, even a bachelor apartment in someones basement or something.

Yea, my mom's basically screwing everyone over. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 people in it. She's having me pay $1,000 per month, my aunt pay $500 a month, my cousin pay $500 a month, and my sister paying nothing since she doesn't have a job. So between me, my aunt, and cousin, we're giving my mom $2,000 a month to stay in an apartment that's $1,850 per month plus $400 for utilities. I'm getting screwed over the worst right now.

Your mom legitimately sounds like the worst. You guys should either mutiny and overthrow her or you need to get out. I'd vote mutiny, you could make a movie about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ItBeStefYo: Fuck you. That is all.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@hedfone: Hey, fuck you too.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Grow up dude

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By plasticstars

Pay your own way through school. I am. Sorry, but you just come off seeming like an ungrateful brat.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Plasticstars: It seems all the people that have an issue with me are paying their own way through school.

Sorry but, as I have said before, if the parent can then they should. Being a parent is a responsibility and obviously some people cant grasp that.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By _Zombie_

Seriously though dude, just chill. You could be in my situation (no job, no car, and relying solely on financial aid to pay for college). Granted my parents never 'lock me out of the house', but I've gotten into some nasty shouting matches with my dad for not doing chores. Being made to sit outside for a bit (plus, I like the rain) + not being allowed to eat for awhile.. definitely beats having your dad yell at you. If you heard some of the things we've said to each other, then have to sit around in the post-fight atmosphere in our house.. you'd instantly prefer your situation. Mind you this doesn't happen much anymore (I grew the fuck up, quit being an asshole to them), but it was still shitty to put up with.

That said, my mother is a saint. I would of been (and still would be) so unbelievably fucked without her help in life. She made sure my ass stayed in line, and taught me a helluva lot of useful things. I owe her.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By CaptainCody

@RobbleWobble said:

@Animasta said:

@RobbleWobble said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Alot of you have terrible views.

Locking him outside was a bit extreme but she's paying his tuition (ultimately saving him from tens of thousands in debt) and, you know, raised him and feeds him. Asking him to do some chores is hardly unreasonable.

The severe amount of hate for a kid being a kid is ridiculous in this thread. You cannot guilt trip a child for their existence, The responsibilities of raising a child IS feeding. You CANNOT use one's existence against them, otherwise don't have children. Not to mention having a aggressive parental figure leads to terrible psychological problems.

I'm not saying the kids a saint but support good parenting and good communication, not terrible treatment of people "just because".

These people are terrible.

he's going to university, he's not a child anymore you know, it's not like he couldn't pay off the fees himself

Actively threatening to take something away from someone every time your child is upset is the worst way to deal with things. It's using your kids to gain control when you don't have control anywhere else.

You're right she doesn't have to pay, but using it as a threat is terrible. Being actively told by your parents that you're lost without them is the worst, it doesn't help anyone.

This.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By toowalrus

I would live with fucking Charles Manson if he would pay back my student loans, quit being a baby and be thankful for what you have.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheHumanDove

@ItBeStefYo said:

@hedfone: Hey, fuck you too.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By Red12b

cut my life into pieces

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#115  Edited By tearhead

@ItBeStefYo said:

@Plasticstars: It seems all the people that have an issue with me are paying their own way through school.

Sorry but, as I have said before, if the parent can then they should. Being a parent is a responsibility and obviously some people cant grasp that.

Dude, c'mon. You're an adult, your parents don't owe you shit. I'm working full time for a year to pay my last two years of university. Sure, my parents are helping me out, but I don't act like I'm entitled to their hard earned money.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Tearhead: I see where you're coming from but that's just not the way I would, or anyone should, do things.

And if I don't get into University that kind of messes up what I would want to do, which would be to provide for my family if the day comes.

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By CptPanda29

The people you end up in halls with at Uni are going to fucking HATE you.

Never let them see this thread.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@CptPanda29: Nah, I can deal comradeship, just not dictatorship

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#119  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

My mom is fucking awesome

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#120  Edited By MikkaQ

I'd be fucking nowhere without my mom, she's always helped me out of seemingly unsolvable pickles and is willing to help me anytime. Plus it helps that she's also provided me with some connections. Sorry it's not the same for you.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By stonyman65

@ItBeStefYo said:

I just really dislike her as a person. Stubborn, callous and impertinent.

Just today she locked me out of the house in the pouring rain because I didn't do the washing up. She doesnt listen at all to what I say and says what she thinks over and over, when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

What the fuck kind of parenting is this? Blackmail and neglect for stupid fucking petty things. Taking power-trips all the fucking time.

sorry about this, but I'm angry... can't wait to get out. Anyone know how to deal with this sort of person, or any experiences to share?

PS:

I just want to say to everyone that is basically having a go at me, I would NEVER threaten to take away my child's chance at an education and blackmailing them is just immoral. She's told me to go and live with my father and to fuck off I suppose you would do that to your kids too? Maybe my ideals are fucked up though, who knows.

Anyone calling me lazy is dead wrong, I spend all day at a summer course, and get a ton of assignments, presentations and essays to write, not sitting on my ass all day with a ton of free time.

What I got from this is WAAAHHH WAAHHHH my mom won't pay for me WAAAHH. Get. Over. It. She's kind of right - it's her house and if you don't like how she is running things, then MOVE THE FUCK OUT. She's your mother and you should respect her. You should also pull your own weight too.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By haffy

@ItBeStefYo said:

@Tearhead: I see where you're coming from but that's just not the way I would, or anyone should, do things.

And if I don't get into University that kind of messes up what I would want to do, which would be to provide for my family if the day comes.

How the fuck are you going to provide for others? you're a self entitled cunt.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Cramsy

lol your mum is insane

But seriously, if you're being a little shit then I guess it's coming. If not, get job and move out.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#124  Edited By Animasta

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Meowshi

Some people are sentimental to the point of irrationality. It isperfectlyreasonable to hate your mother if she is a despicable, horrible person. Just like it's completely reasonable to hateanyonewho is a despicable, horrible person. I don't know enough about your mom to tell whether or not she is really as horrible as you say, but the idea that youhaveto have this undying love for her despite whatever significant personality flaws she may have is...well silly.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure OP isnt a teenage girl? Im pretty sure I saw a reality show with teen girls talking about their horrid mothers who would not buy them new shoes. 

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By _Zombie_

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

Suffocation, no, no breathing

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Meowshi

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Are we sure OP isnt a teenage girl? Im pretty sure I saw a reality show with teen girls talking about their horrid mothers who would not buy them new shoes.

Well, teenage girls generally don't have university fees, but I'll admit I don't have the life expertise that sitting around watching reality television grants you.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By HS21

Mend the bond, torn by pride, lest your mother turn into a bear by the second sunrise.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meowshi said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Well, teenage girls generally don't have university fees, but I'll admit I don't have the life expertise that sitting around watching reality television grants you.

Im pretty sure ive heard the exact same line from the OP on some show. And granted it was more or less me walking though the room wile my own sister was watching the show. 
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#133  Edited By beargirl1

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

don't give a fuck if i cut my arm bleeding

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By AxleBro

i love my mom. She's like my best friend tbh. i know it sounds kinda weird but we have the same sense of humor and just get along so well.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#136  Edited By samfo

@ItBeStefYo said:

Anyone calling me lazy is dead wrong, I spend all day at a summer course, and get a ton of assignments, presentations and essays to write, not sitting on my ass all day with a ton of free time.

got plenty of time to post on giantbomb and by looking at your profile looks like you've played a ton of games!

Maybe try and look at things from her perspective dude.

Doing the washing up isn't hard, if she's putting a roof over your head and paying for your uni, she calls the shots.

If you really hate her, move out.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#137  Edited By theguy

I don't think this is the place for this.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By zeforgotten
@AjayRaz said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

Aside from Richard fucking up the lyrics a bit this is the best version of that song:  
Sorry for the Off-topicness

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

OP says: "I don't have a lot of spare time. My mother is paying for my education and she wants me to do small things around the house. This is just too much."

*realizes OP is on an internet forum about video games*

P.S. I really hope you enjoy your free way, because you don't seem to have the maturity to live in the adult world. I'm already massively in debt, have $0 to my name, and live in squalor with three other dudes in a shitty house so that I can get a decent education. Meanwhile you can sit pretty at your house and you refuse to fucking clean? Grow a sack, you entitled fuck. That's not a power trip, it's an adult dealing with what she thinks is an adult - you do realize you don't have to live under her roof, right? You understand that all the frustrations between you two is based on how you are treating her, despite what you may think.

She brought you into the world, she fed you and clothed you. Apparently she gave you a life where you don't have to worry about money, but shit gets real when you get older - by now you should understand her stress and understand how expensive supporting a college student can be (because you obviously don't), and maybe...just maybe, you could do some menial housework to make up for that. Do your assignments earlier than usual...fuck, you cannot be that swamped for time. When I had a job, I had to maintain 1 1/2 semester's worth of work along with a menial job...and pay 1/4 of rent a month, and then pay for my own food and bills. Let's not forget clothes, gifts for holidays...etc,etc. I did pretty well in school and I'm no fucking genius, but you have no clue what you are talking about.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SpartyOn

@ItBeStefYo: You may not be lazy, but you sure are a brat. You tell your mom to shut up so she threatens to spend her money in a way that you don't like, so you post about how much you hate your mom on a gaming website. Let me tell you something, your mother brought you into this world and she raised you, so why don't you respect the woman just a little bit instead of being an angsty teenager. By the way, this isn't blackmail at all. Her money is NOT YOUR MONEY, SO SHUT UP! Most students have to pay for college on their own, including myself. Some parents even have their kids do that to teach them about hard work and discipline, as well as help them understand how much college costs so they don't blow it off.

Seriously you blatantly disrespect the woman who gives you food, a home, and has been paying for your education and then go on to say how hard working YOU are. You aren't a parent, and you're not even a mature kid yet. You're just a snob that needs to learn a little respect. I hope your mom doesn't write you the check, maybe then you'll grow up a bit.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By AngelN7

@AxleFGK said:

i love my mom. She's like my best friend tbh. i know it sounds kinda weird but we have the same sense of humor and just get along so well.

That's not weird at all my father is probably my best friend too.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By tunaburn

yes

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#143  Edited By Red12b

@ZeForgotten said:

@AjayRaz said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

Aside from Richard fucking up the lyrics a bit this is the best version of that song:

dick cheese is brilliant

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By SpartyOn

@HeManWomanHater said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Yea, my mom's basically screwing everyone over. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 people in it. She's having me pay $1,000 per month, my aunt pay $500 a month, my cousin pay $500 a month, and my sister paying nothing since she doesn't have a job. So between me, my aunt, and cousin, we're giving my mom $2,000 a month to stay in an apartment that's $1,850 per month plus $400 for utilities. I'm getting screwed over the worst right now.

You're paying you're mom $12,000 a year to live in an apartment....$12,000...why the fuck wouldn't you leave, that literally sounds like the worst financial situation ever man.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By zeforgotten
@Red12b said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AjayRaz said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

dick cheese is brilliant

Glad to hear I'm not the only person in the world who enjoys good sounding music! 
plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By plasticstars

@ItBeStefYo said:

No. It's their responsibility to raise you to the best of their ability. Once you're 18, and an adult, you should take a fair amount of that responsibility on yourself. Parents are under no obligation to waste tens of thousands of dollars on putting a child through university. If they want to help and pay for some, fine. But you shouldn't expect them to pay for the entire thing.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By _Zombie_

@ZeForgotten said:

@AjayRaz said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

That's actually really damn good.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wish I still had mine.

I'm well aware of the fact parents/siblings can be immense pains however, so good luck.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#150  Edited By Brendan

It sounds like you are a shitty person who is putting himself in a good light, and your Mom sounds like a shitty person who isn't being done any favours.