This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Red12b said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AjayRaz said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

Suffocation, no, no breathing

don't give a fuck if i cut my arm bleeding

Aside from Richard fucking up the lyrics a bit this is the best version of that song:
Sorry for the Off-topicness

dick cheese is brilliant

Glad to hear I'm not the only person in the world who enjoys good sounding music!

I love chop suey,

WHY, did you leave the keys, upon the table?

(you wanted to....)

#152 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Would it be wrong would it be right? If I took my life tonight. That part just had me dying laughing from that vid.

#153 Edited by Choffy (443 posts) -

You mean your mom is trying to raise you to be a responsible adult, where there are consequences for not completing tasks, instead of being your best friend? THE NERVE OF THAT WOMAN!

Take responsibility for your own actions. Every story has two sides and maybe if you did what she asked you, you wouldn't have gotten locked out. Also, I doubt anyone is as busy as they make it seem; you have a ton of Xbox Live and Steam achievements, look to be a big WWE fan and put a lot of time on the Team Fortress 2 page. I'm not judging you, but instead of hating the woman who raised you the only way she knows how, maybe you should take a look in the mirror to see if you can improve yourself to help the situation at all. It takes two people to argue, after all.

EDIT: I forgot to even add that I love my mom too. We have yelled at the top of our lungs to each other, and sometimes we can be an asshole to each other for no good reason at all. She's guilty of it, and so am I but that's what happens. Usually people talk it out, though instead of going on a forum.

#154 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Red12b said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AjayRaz said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Animasta said:

@Red12b said:

cut my life into pieces

this is my last resort

Suffocation, no, no breathing

don't give a fuck if i cut my arm bleeding

Aside from Richard fucking up the lyrics a bit this is the best version of that song:
Sorry for the Off-topicness

dick cheese is brilliant

Glad to hear I'm not the only person in the world who enjoys good sounding music!

I love chop suey,

WHY, did you leave the keys, upon the table?

(you wanted to....)

richard cheese is the ultimate motherfucker, especially his one step closer cover.

shut up. shut up. buddy. shut up.

#155 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

... she's going to pay for your university fees?

You should treat her like god, because what the fuck. The majority of people end up burried under a mountain of student loans just to go to university, me included.

Exactly this. I get along really well with my parents but I'm still having to pay my own way through college. I have to take out the maximum federal aid each semester as well as work on the side. By the time I'm done with school I will have amassed so much debt it leaves a pit in my stomach. OP should be more grateful. And ffs, just do the washing. That stuff doesn't take long at all.

You sound like you don't have the slightest clue as to what being on your own will be like and how much more difficult it will be. You've got me shaking my head right now. Doing some washing in exchange for university fees ... such an unfair trade ... for her.

#156 Edited by ColinWright (741 posts) -

Nope, my mom's pretty awesome. Your mom is paying for your schooling, so she can't be all that bad. Which leaves me to think that you're the problem.

#157 Posted by CanadianWoodcock (6 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo: Your mom sounds like a bad person. You need to get out of there as soon as possible. You can't choose your parents, but you can certainly choose to cut off contact with them once you become financially independent.

Just remember that your parents are just people. When you're born, you're forced into an involuntary relationship with your parents, and unfortunately they can do whatever they want. Children are often treated like property. But don't be there for your mom in the future if she treats you like this. Would you be in a voluntary relationship with someone who abused you?

#158 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4745 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

Just today she locked me out of the house in the pouring rain because I didn't do the washing up. She doesnt listen at all to what I say and says what she thinks over and over, when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

Oh no! Not the University fees!

Shut up. My mum couldn't even afford to pay University fees for me. By "refused to feed me" I assume you mean you couldn't be bothered to make your own food, just like you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of washing up. Do you even pay rent? Please move out on your own for even just a month.

Some mothers are horrendous, vindictive bullies; yours is not one of them.

#159 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I feel like we've all gotten trolled by a master troll.

#160 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

@Vexxan said:

I love my mom but yours sounds like an asshole.

Well said, and same here.

#161 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I love my mommy, but she's super immature. And I'm pretty immature usually, but not in front of her because that way I can bring up the fact that she's immature, immaturely.

#162 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

A lot of parent aren't interested in what their kids think. To them they are the authority and kids trying to get in their opinion just seem disrespectful. If you don't want to be treated like that anymore then become financial independent: until then suck it up. You should wash up next time, then you won't get angry.

#163 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Nah, I love my parents, they're awesome. Although my dad is liable to say some really stupid shit when he's drunk. Sucks to have a bad parent dude, but uh how old are you? If you're going to university you should be able to find some food for yourself. Won't judge cause I don't know the whole story. But if she's been nice to you all this time, and this one incident led you to hate her, then I'd have to say you're bit of an asshole.

#164 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Some fierce hostility in this thread. Tis frightful.

#165 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

I love my mom.

#166 Edited by wjb (1662 posts) -

I don't think your mom will win any Mother of the Year awards, but she just seems frustrated and fed up. Instead of posting about how much you hate her on message boards, forgetting to help around the house, or telling her to shut up, maybe don't do those things? If you don't do those things and it becomes better, great, if not, then you might have a case. Ultimately, though, you're just some kid complaining about his mom on the Internet. Context. Even if she isn't that great of a mother, you definitely don't seem like that great of a son. Just a thought.

If someone is 18 or over, parents don't have to do shit. Would it be nice if a parent can afford to send you to college, they should? Sure, I guess? But maybe they think you'll be better off in life not being so entitled and ungrateful, and I agree. Student loans aren't the end of the world. Sure, as someone who's in grad school, they're a bitch, but you're acting like it's abuse if she doesn't pay for your fees. It's totally possible to continue going to school without her help! That's what loans are for!

And sure, it's probably not the "best" solution, but what parent doesn't constantly threaten to take away privileges (key word: privileges) from their children since the moment their children could function by themselves? That's like, Parenting 101.

#167 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

my parents are pretty cool, so im lucky.

sucks that your mom is a bitch, and yes i understand the concept that you're just angry and venting online so im not going to lecture you like everyone else is.

#168 Posted by Bocam (3750 posts) -

My mom's great.

#169 Posted by bybeach (4826 posts) -

My mom was very difficult. it was difficult growing up and especially growing up around her. That made things for me worse.

In the end she was my mom. She meant well through her idealized view of things and herself..very strong personality, religious etc. But when she died, I felt very bad. All I can say is try to tow the line in her house and also be internally honest to yourself. Appreciate what she is doing through the bs. and see if you can love her more when you have acquired the means to support yourself and maintain an emotional and psychological distance.

#170 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Also, I'll say this: you learn to appreciate your parents more when you're on your own, (provided your parents were abusive and assholes). It definitely changes your view on things.

#171 Posted by cyraxible (688 posts) -

Privilege and entitlement is all I gotta say.

#172 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

My mom is the greatest!

And
@Tonyyj said:

Sorry but you sound like a brat.

This

I think you manage to sound completely repulsive and annoying on EVERY single post I've read you on. Being mean and edgy all the time in an inane attempt to seem cool is misguided and when you grow up, you should probably stop it if you want to fit in with the real world. : )

#173 Posted by Zor (656 posts) -

Wait, are you asking us if we also hate your mom?

#174 Edited by Turambar (6784 posts) -

She's your mother.  You live in her house.  Of course she can tell you what to do.

My parents and I don't have the best of relationships.  Harsh words are traded at times, but ultimately we all realize that we do it with the best of intentions.  There's a reason I still live at home so as to help with a father that has mobility issues and a mother that wouldn't have the english skills to call for help incase anything happened to him.  A mother's home cooking is a great incentive too, but I'm never going to be one of those fools that just washes their hands of their parents and leaves until my career forces me to pack up/

#175 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

Dude your kinda coming off as a stuck up prick

#176 Posted by yoshisaur (2723 posts) -

It sounds like you have problems as well as they.

#177 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

As per the Oedipal complex I, at one point, favored my mother over my father though I have come to realize that my mother is not the best person in the world and I now cherish my fathers advice and his company. I almost despise my mother and see my father as not only a role model but a great friend. Quite the turn around.

#178 Posted by ichthy (513 posts) -
#179 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

You might not be (completely) lazy, but you're overselling your workload honestly. I have friends who go/went to school and work(ed) two jobs to pay the bills. At the end of the day, you're an adult. If you're going to lash out like that, then of course your mother is going to treat you like a child. You're acting like one with the obvious one sided argument here. If you don't think you're in the wrong on some level, then you really do need to suck it up and live with it until you become independent.

#180 Posted by pweidman (2334 posts) -

Too bad. My Mom's my best friend. Give it a few years. Things will change. Hopefully.

#181 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@SpawnMan said:

@ZeForgotten said:

My mom is the greatest!

And
@Tonyyj said:

This

I think you manage to sound completely repulsive and annoying on EVERY single post I've read you on. Being mean and edgy all the time in an inane attempt to seem cool is misguided and when you grow up, you should probably stop it if you want to fit in with the real world. : )

Funny, you just sounded exactly like what you're describing him as. Weird how that works, huh?

#182 Posted by Nev (548 posts) -

My mother's pretty all right. Give your mom a hug and some flowers, or something.

#183 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I have the best mother in the world.

#184 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot: The circle of life. Now it passes to you. ;D

#185 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -

My mom is awesome but I do kind of hate your mom.

#186 Posted by Zleunamme (666 posts) -

If you act like a child, you should be treated like a child. You need to look at yourself in mirror and know that you need to grow up. On top of a twelve hour semester, I had to work thirty four hour work week to pay rent and utilities. I had to rely on students loans to pay for college. I know people -including my mom- who had to work two jobs to put food on table to feed their families. Don't be telling me or anybody else that you have it rough. Adversity is a part of life, if you can overcome it. You are prepared for anything. Mommy is not always going to around to help you. One day, you are going to be on your own. Be appreciative of what you have and learn to give more than what you take.

#187 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

My parents are pretty great... so... I'm sorry I guess.

At the same time, I don't know if I would complain about my mom on the internet... not sure if that's right either.

#188 Posted by dudeglove (7848 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Yes I hate your mom as well.

Dunno about you guys but I burst out laughing at that.

#189 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

I hate my Mum with a burning passion. She was never supportive of me when I was a child and she did a lot crap that shaped the way I grew up...and not in a good way. People think I'm a bad person when I say I'm happy that I only see her once every other month or so (out of necessity really) and whilst I'm not going to delve into a personal well of issues here I'd say that if you had my Mum you'd probably feel the same way too.

#190 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@zombiebigfoot said:

@SpawnMan said:

@ZeForgotten said:

My mom is the greatest!

And

@Tonyyj

said:

This

Funny, you just sounded exactly like what you're describing him as. Weird how that works, huh?

Nono, he's right.. "This" is apparantly a very very bad word.  
Also, it's ok, I insulted "the real world"(The internet apparantly) by saying "This" and that my mom is the "greatests" so he has every right to be pissed at me for insulting his real life friends online
#191 Posted by Jaytow (694 posts) -

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL.

#192 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Your mom locked me out because I didn't pull out.

#193 Posted by Blackout62 (1341 posts) -

Yes. No. It's complicated. I'm 20, I get to go through a rough patch with my mother.

#194 Edited by Twinsun (477 posts) -

@SpawnMan said:

@ZeForgotten said:

My mom is the greatest!

And
@Tonyyj said:

This

And you should probably stop trashing people you don't know, just a thought.

#195 Edited by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

If your going to university then you are essentially an adult (physically anyway). Being an adult means doin' what ya gotta do. If you want free food, free place to stay, and free college education then you follow her rules. Otherwise do what I did: Eat a lot of Ramen Noodles, get 3 roommates to split a shitty apartment with you, and take on school loans that take about 10 years to pay off after graduation. In short, either grow up or shut up.

#196 Posted by Moreau_MD (402 posts) -

@RobbleWobble said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Alot of you have terrible views.

Locking him outside was a bit extreme but she's paying his tuition (ultimately saving him from tens of thousands in debt) and, you know, raised him and feeds him. Asking him to do some chores is hardly unreasonable.

The severe amount of hate for a kid being a kid is ridiculous in this thread. You cannot guilt trip a child for their existence, The responsibilities of raising a child IS feeding. You CANNOT use one's existence against them, otherwise don't have children. Not to mention having a aggressive parental figure leads to terrible psychological problems.

I'm not saying the kids a saint but support good parenting and good communication, not terrible treatment of people "just because".

These people are terrible.

This. You people are bitter as fuck about life and I hope you never have kids of your own. Being fed, having a roof over your head and, to some extent, having access to higher education, are all mandates of parenthood not privileges. Though if the OP's 18 he should definitely be cooking his own meals by now.

#197 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

This is quickly becoming the worst thread on Giantbomb's forums I have ever read. Like others have said, the OP is a kid being a kid and the amount f hate he is getting off some users is disgusting. Just because some people are bitter about the way their own lives have turned out doesn't give them an excuse to throw around the abuse they are.

The mods should just lock this.

#198 Posted by adam1808 (1496 posts) -

My mum is a lovely lady and wouldn't hesitate to threaten to not pay for my education if I say, posted about how I hated her on internet message boards.

Everyone has had these moments and the anger is over in about 10 minutes. The fact that you sat down and typed this out on the internet where it'll be accessible for anyone and everyone says more about how you treat your mother rather than how your mother treats you.

#199 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@SamStrife said:

This is quickly becoming the worst thread on Giantbomb's forums I have ever read. Like others have said, the OP is a kid being a kid and the amount f hate he is getting off some users is disgusting. Just because some people are bitter about the way their own lives have turned out doesn't give them an excuse to throw around the abuse they are.

The mods should just lock this.

He's 18(or over) and bitching like he was 14 and that's ok?
#200 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: Not really, dude show grow up and realise that a little bit of helping goes a long way. I don't think the abuse thrown it him is in any way justified though. Do you honestly think all the names he's being called and all the abuse he's been thrown is fit for the crime he's committed?

Also in this day and age 18 is still a kid.