I hate my mum. Anyone else?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By kmdrkul

I love my mom.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By NinjaPartTime
VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#353  Edited By VoshiNova

@zombiebigfoot said:

@VoshiNova said:

@ZeForgotten said:

My mom is the greatest!

And
@Tonyyj said:

Sorry but you sound like a brat.

This

Yup Yup. Simple man, you literally would not exist if not for her.

Let's not use that argument, mmkay? Mmkay.

Mmkay!

Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By Floope

Stop responding to these people.

otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By otzlowe

@Turambar: @Turambar said:

@Otzlowe said:

@Clairabel said:

@Otzlowe: I fought with my parents, but in the end I accepted their rules because it was easier to agree and do as I was told than make things worse for myself.

And to answer your question, yes actually, I have had an abusive boyfriend. Well, fiance actually. Two and half years of hell.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm being subjective because if my mom had the money to pay my university fees, I would worship the ground she walks on for doing something so amazing for me.

I won't disagree that it's a really nice thing, but I've always been of the mind that your family should get away with less and not more, because they're your family and they should be the ones making the most strides to get along with you and vice versa. If they're going to pay for your education it should be because they love you and want you to succeed and not because they want you to obey them. No matter the purchase, if it's predicated on the desire of gaining subservience from someone else, it's going to breed resentment. (Especially considering that - of all things that could or should come from the heart - a desire to educate and see your children succeed should be pretty high up that list)

Not to say that parents should enslave themselves to horrible children either, but there's just a distinct difference between providing for your children and holding your power over their heads.

Then the OP should do the fucking dishes, which is several magnitudes easier than paying for one's college tuition. Regardless of who is actually at fault in the relationship, it is pretty obvious he himself doesn't really care about his mom either.

Was I making that point, brah? In fact, I clearly made the opposite point about a total of two posts ago. You're admitting right now that you don't have the facts either, but you're still making your own conclusion and picking a side.

Buuuuuuut let's ignore that it was never really dishes vs. college tuition until after the fact, y'know. (Let's also ignore the fact that that is, as I just stated, a bullshit excuse for motivation. Or we could just read the first two sentences.)

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By envane

sounds like you is on drugs

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#357  Edited By Dagbiker

Why has this thread not been locked yet?

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#358  Edited By Zekhariah

@ItBeStefYo said:

Just today she locked me out of the house in the pouring rain because I didn't do the washing up. She doesnt listen at all to what I say and says what she thinks over and over, when I told her to shut up after her telling me what to do for the fourth time she went in a huff with me, refused to feed me and threatened to not pay for my university fees.

Nice trolling?

Meh, GiantBomb's forum troll quality is kind of low (overall forums themselves are good though). I would generally suggest that aspiring trolls spend some time on the official WoW forums, and maybe dig a bit into unofficial forums for any popular man-shooter game to broaden their style.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By NekuCTR

WHY DOES THIS THREAD STILL EXIST!?!?!?

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#360  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

If someone is paying your way through school you should do the washing and do it with a smile. If she has to tell you something four times you should listen the first and avoid the next three times automatically. You could use the extra time you have from listening the first time to grow the fuck up.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

@NinjaPartTime said:

OMGOMG I WAS GONNA POST THIS SAME THING!!!!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@NekuCTR said:

Let's take it down together.

*Places hand on Flag Button*

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@NekuCTR said:

I caaaaaan't. Flagged too much shizzle. Apparently I'm a flaggin' machine.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@NekuCTR said:

I caaaaaan't. Flagged too much shizzle. Apparently I'm a flaggin' machine.

Well then, just put your little hand on top of mine.

I'll flag it for the both of us...

*EPIC MUSIC/EXPLOSIONS/CELINE DION INSTRUMENTAL FOLLOWED BY A KISS/CURTAINS*

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER: OHYEAHBABY.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

@ItBeStefYo: Sounds like my mom in all honesty. We can't pick the parents we have, huh? Still love my mom, but she drives me absolutely nuts, and I'm 28, so when I see her, I have to take a deep breath and prepare myself. I usually let my wife stay home. She's lucky.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#367  Edited By Ace829
No Caption Provided
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By _Zombie_

@Ace829 said:

No Caption Provided

I feel nothing though. I'm dead inside.

/emo

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#369  Edited By big_jon

I lived with an aunt and uncle who were insanely ignorant, worst experience of my life, getting my first Crohn's symptoms, and having them tell me that they were "in my head" was just the iceing on the cake while I was there.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#370  Edited By big_jon

@Village_Guy said:

Indeed, your mom is a pretty crappy person - and to be honest, you sound like one too.

You're living in her house, eating her food, getting to study because SHE pays for it.

If you want any of these things, you play by her rules. Suck it up and do what she asks you to do, or move out and pay for your own food and university.

PS. I'm just kidding about your mom being a dick, though I'm not sure whether I can say the same about you.

I am going to put this out there, you don't know his situation, that fact alone evidently makes you the dick in this scenario.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By JonSmith

Yes, I have experience dealing with this kind of person. No, there is nothing you can do. No matter what you do, these types of people will come up with their bull crap excuses as soon as you put a toe out of line, and then it will be as if all previous good behavior didn't exist. They don't care if you think they're abusing your power, because they believe they are naturally above you on the foodchain, so your opinions don't matter. They know they're playing a game where they're dealing the cards, they have all the best ones, and only they know the rules. And if you think what they do with that power is petty? Again, your opinion doesn't matter. Either move out or give up and do as you're told.. Your mother is beyond help or saving.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your mother is a fucking cunt she can take that money and shove it up her goddamn asshole.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By Knave

@TheVeteran13: Hear hear.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Tarsier

your mom sounds like a true plague of humanity . you should move out as soon as you can, and dont worry about going to university. also, please dont let the way your mom is raising you rub off on you. its too easy , and too many people let that happen. i have friends who are ass holes, and they are ass holes because of the way they were raised ( i saw it, the only way their parents would approach an issue would be to scream and shout their opinion over the other person and try to be louder ) . . its a true sadness . please try to go the opposite direction , and realize the worth in it .

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Unilad

LOOOOOOUUUUUD NOISES!!!!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By _Zombie_

@Unilad said:

LOOOOOOUUUUUD NOISES!!!!

QUIET SOUNDS.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@JonSmith said:

Yes, I have experience dealing with this kind of person. No, there is nothing you can do. No matter what you do, these types of people will come up with their bull crap excuses as soon as you put a toe out of line, and then it will be as if all previous good behavior didn't exist. They don't care if you think they're abusing your power, because they believe they are naturally above you on the foodchain, so your opinions don't matter. They know they're playing a game where they're dealing the cards, they have all the best ones, and only they know the rules. And if you think what they do with that power is petty? Again, your opinion doesn't matter. Either move out or give up and do as you're told.. Your mother is beyond help or saving.

Yeah this summarises things nicely, Incredibly frustrating but true nonetheless.

@Tarsier: I wouldn't say I'm like her at all, I thankfully take after my Dad which is almost a polar opposite to her. Although I have picked up her stubbornness, at least I don't have the ability to hold a grudge.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By cookiemonster

19 pages in and you're still an arsehole. Just give up mate.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#379  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@CookieMonster said:

19 pages in and you're still an arsehole. Just give up mate.

I'm confused as to who the "arsehole" is here.

dannye812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By dannye812

Your talking about the person who gave you life here show some goddamn respect. I'm a thirty six year old man who does whatever he can for his mother. I am married and have a full time job and my own life but I still make time to help my mother in any way I can. So my advice would be to suck it up motherfucker and your mom out.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Twiggy199

Come back to this thread in 5-10 years time and you'll realise what a cunt you were being.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Twiggy199 said:

Come back to this thread in 5-10 years time and you'll realise what a cunt you were being.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By stryker1121

I hate to bump this thread, but when the hell are the mods going to deep-six this thing into the netherverse already? The last page or two is practically nothing but personal attacks and general assholery.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By Orbitz89

My mom is great. Sometimes we get on each others nerves but that's normal.. I owe everything to my mom, she raised me and taught me everything I know. Things like riding a bike, tying my shoes, catching a ball.. she even did the things my dad should've been doing. I love my mom and my little brother more than anything on this earth.. Yeah they can piss me off sometimes, but I imagine I do the same to them on occasion. My dad on the other hand didn't decide to even try and act like a father until I was too old to need a father.. My mom had already done literally ALL the work raising me AND my little brother. What pisses me off most of all about my little brother for example is how he forgets or doesn't even acknowledge that.. But he's a dipshit 17 year old so he's got time to smarten up.

I'm sorry you don't get along with your mom, But if it's any consolation I don't exactly care much for my dad.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#385  Edited By Dagbiker

Why are the mods not locking this thread, but they lock a seamingley honest question about womans periods. WTF.

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By Hyperglide

Mods lock this shit it's spam.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By _Zombie_

@Twiggy199 said:

But I freely admit I'm an asshole now. Why would it make a difference in 5-10 years time?

Also, seriously. This thread devolved into throwing shit at the OP by the fourth post. Why hasn't it been locked?

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By Tarsier

@ItBeStefYo said:

@JonSmith said:

Yeah this summarises things nicely, Incredibly frustrating but true nonetheless.

@Tarsier: I wouldn't say I'm like her at all, I thankfully take after my Dad which is almost a polar opposite to her. Although I have picked up her stubbornness, at least I don't have the ability to hold a grudge.

dont say youve picked up her stubbornness and leave it at that. theres no excuse for it, its up to you to remove that characteristic from your self . its not difficult, it just takes practice and consistency. become your own psychologist, see the problems you have (dont lie to yourself) and find out what you can do to improve them or change them or remove them completely from your life and way of being . . its how every one should live, and too few do .

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#389  Edited By Hunter5024

My parents are way worse than your mom and Im not as mad about them as you are. Just chill out dude, you only get one mother.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#390  Edited By mike

This thread should have been closed days ago...nothing productive going on here, move along.