#1 Edited by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

I am flying to China next month but I needed to get my passport. Monday I went to the post office and they told me they couldn't do it because the lady who does it is out sick. I know of another post office close to my moms house but that was another 20 minutes at the way so I said fuck it I'll come back tomorrow. Mind you this is after waiting for 15 minutes in line. The next day it's the same shit she pulled a two day call in. What a bitch. Again, I know it can take a while to get your passport once you apply for it and I know I am running out of time but I said fuck it I'll go tomorrow. I forgot to do that...

So here I am today having a doctors appointment and right after I went there again hoping to get it. I wait in line for twenty minutes while I am watching the passport lady working on an application for another person. Luckily she finishes right when it's my turn and I walked right up to her and the guy she is working with says "Sir I can help you right here" and I said "It's cool I need her to help me anyway and he replies "I said I can help you". *sigh* "Sir It's okay I need my passport and you are the one who told me she wasn't here" the lady looks up at me and says "I'm not doing passports now." that is it that was her response as she looks back down so I said "Can you elaborate?" and she said "Yes, we are busy try again later maybe an hour or two". I'm furious at this point I am like are you kidding me? this is my third time here you can't help me with a passport? and she says "No, it's busy so I need to help people who are sending out mail". I am dumbfounded at this point and ask her for the number so I don't have to drive back out. I am keeping my cool though and my insides are boiling. She gives me the number and I leave furious. I look at the clock and it's 1:20 at this point

I call the number she gives me and it's the wrong fucking number. Luckily though I have a computer and look up the number and she is off by one. It's not even because of bad hand writing it's supposed to be a 9 and she made a 0. So what do I know about this lady so far? She gets sick a lot and is retarded. So I call and it's busy, I call it's busy, I call it's busy, I call and call and call. So I get my car and head back over there and get back in line luckily there is only two people ahead of me and not even 3 minutes go by and it's 2:05 at this point. It's my turn and I get the lady again and she says "Can I help you?" "Yes, I would like to apply for my passport please" and I shit you not she says "We only do that from 9 to 2 come back tomorrow NEXT." whoa WTF!!! I need to talk to your boss now this is fucking stupid. The lady comes out and I explain to her what has happened here and how the bitch even said "One or two hours" it's only been 40 minutes later and now she is telling me I am 5 minutes late? "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do it's out of my hands come back tomorrow please"

I wanted to stab someone in the face. Instead I say "So you are telling me I can't get my passport because this bitch over here doesn't know how to tell time and has never heard of Dayquil?" "Sir, you need to watch your mouth or I will call the police" I replied back "Sorry, I didn't mean to say Dayquil I'm just so angry" the lady just stared at me and said "Next". I have heard stories from comedians about the Post Office but seriously up until now I have never gone to one. I had no idea. So if I can't get my passport tomorrow I'm sure as fuck going to drive to the one far away. What is the worst customer service yall have had? One that pissed me off but wasn't as bad was in the drive thru at burger king I kept asking for an omellete sandwich and the non speaking guy said "Hamlette?" this went back and forth 9 times until finally I said to myself he must be saying omelette but I am not hearing him right until I got the meal and it was a god damn ham crossiant thing. So I said "Can I speak to someone else please to get my order straight so this guy walks over has a manager tag on and I shit you not we went through the same dance and I just ate the damn hamlette. My girlfriend at the time had a good point to use just the numbers. -_-

#2 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

wow that sucks. 
 
yes, the worst is when your ordering something from a fast food place and they get your order wrong. it happens a lot to me for some reason. the worst part is that it's from a white person, who speaks english. say can i get a number 1, they get the order wrong and forget things.

#3 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Canada post.

Dumb ass people who work at fast food places that get your order wrong.

People who talk about something like they know what there talking about when they don't understand anything.

Arrow to the knee.

Anime is for jerks.

#4 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@iam3green: I love the steak and egg and cheese bagel from mcdonalds and I would drive there in the morning all excited make it back home and it was the wrong thing 3 out 5 times. :( so angry

#5 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Nothing makes me rage harder than poor grammar/spelling/syntax. It makes me feel like the world is devolving into a giant mass of idiots, which I sincerely hope is false. Don't even get me started on the whole "text speak" crap. With keyboard phones and T9, there isn't any excuse for that laziness, and if you do that on the internet with a keyboard I will crush your throat.

#6 Posted by manhunter1000 (25 posts) -

@EightBitShik said:

I am flying to China next month but I needed to get my passport. Monday I went to the post office and they told me they couldn't do it because the lady who does it is out sick. I know of another post office close to my moms house but that was another 20 minutes at the way so I said fuck it I'll come back tomorrow. Mind you this is after waiting for 15 minutes in line. The next day it's the same shit she pulled a two day call in. What a bitch. Again, I know it can take a while to get your passport once you apply for it and I know I am running out of time but I said fuck it I'll go tomorrow. I forgot to do that...

So here I am today having a doctors appointment and right after I went there again hoping to get it. I wait in line for twenty minutes while I am watching the passport lady working on an application for another person. Luckily she finishes right when it's my turn and I walked right up to her and the guy she is working with says "Sir I can help you right here" and I said "It's cool I need her to help me anyway and he replies "I said I can help you". *sigh* "Sir It's okay I need my passport and you are the one who told me she wasn't here" the lady looks up at me and says "I'm not doing passports now." that is it that was her response as she looks back down so I said "Can you elaborate?" and she said "Yes, we are busy try again later maybe an hour or two". I'm furious at this point I am like are you kidding me? this is my third time here you can't help me with a passport? and she says "No, it's busy so I need to help people who are sending out mail". I am dumbfounded at this point and ask her for the number so I don't have to drive back out. I am keeping my cool though and my insides are boiling. She gives me the number and I leave furious. I look at the clock and it's 1:20 at this point

I call the number she gives me and it's the wrong fucking number. Luckily though I have a computer and look up the number and she is off by one. It's not even because of bad hand writing it's supposed to be a 9 and she made a 0. So what do I know about this lady so far? She gets sick a lot and is retarded. So I call and it's busy, I call it's busy, I call it's busy, I call and call and call. So I get my car and head back over there and get back in line luckily there is only two people ahead of me and not even 3 minutes go by and it's 2:05 at this point. It's my turn and I get the lady again and she says "Can I help you?" "Yes, I would like to apply for my passport please" and I shit you not she says "We only do that from 9 to 2 come back tomorrow NEXT." whoa WTF!!! I need to talk to your boss now this is fucking stupid. The lady comes out and I explain to her what has happened here and how the bitch even said "One or two hours" it's only been 40 minutes later and now she is telling me I am 5 minutes late? "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do it's out of my hands come back tomorrow please"

I wanted to stab someone in the face. Instead I say "So you are telling me I can't get my passport because this bitch over here doesn't know how to tell time and has never heard of Dayquil?" "Sir, you need to watch your mouth or I will call the police" I replied back "Sorry, I didn't mean to say Dayquil I'm just so angry" the lady just stared at me and said "Next". I have heard stories from comedians about the Post Office but seriously up until now I have never gone to one. I had no idea. So if I can't get my passport tomorrow I'm sure as fuck going to drive to the one far away. What is the worst customer service yall have had? One that pissed me off but wasn't as bad was in the drive thru at burger king I kept asking for an omellete sandwich and the non speaking guy said "Hamlette?" this went back and forth 9 times until finally I said to myself he must be saying omelette but I am not hearing him right until I got the meal and it was a god damn ham crossiant thing. So I said "Can I speak to someone else please to get my order straight so this guy walks over has a manager tag on and I shit you not we went through the same dance and I just ate the damn hamlette. My girlfriend at the time had a good point to use just the numbers. -_-

I love the post office. It feels so official. I feel like I am actually doing something in life. I hate the dmv. Complete waste of time.

#7 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1568 posts) -

Right now? My ISP, for capping my bandwidth and so now my download speed is slow as shit because I'm being punished for using the Internet like a regular-fucking person.

Oh, and also SOPA. SOPA isn't very cool.

#8 Posted by Melos (239 posts) -

I hate people who piss in the face of the working class and demand sympathy for mundane customer service problems.

#9 Edited by EveretteScott (1457 posts) -

@Melos said:

I hate people who piss in the face of the working class and demand sympathy for mundane customer service problems.

@EightBitShik: "The next day it's the same shit she pulled a two day call in. What a bitch"

Whoa whoa, are you fucking serious OP? She's a bitch because she's out sick? What the hell is your problem thinking you're so entitled. Also you should have just drove to the other post office, lazy. AND learn the goddamn hours before you throw a little shit fit online because you fucked up.

#10 Posted by N7 (3584 posts) -

That's the worst story ever. You know what you have to do, right? Burn that fucking place down.
 
I hate when people misunderstand me several times in a row. Like, sometimes I do talk a little fast so it's cool when it happens the first time. But the second, third, fourth and even fifth time it just burns me up.
 
For instance, my cousin broke her wrist a couple of months ago. So we go to the hospital. At that point, it's me, my mom, my aunt and my cousin. So my mom is there to get checked up too and she gets her thing going and my cousin and whatnot get their thing going. So my cousin and aunt go in first, and about 20 minutes later we get our turn. So then we're there for about another 20 minutes and my mom tells me to go check up on my aunt and completely screws the directions to where she is.
 
So, I go where I think they are and find the lobby. I am in a place with toys and kiddy stuff everywhere, so I figure, this is totally the place to go. So I walk up to the help-desk and ask "Excuse me ma'am, do you know where I would find my cousin? She was taken in the back somewhere for her wrist." and the lady gives me this look like "WHOA THIS GUY IS FUCKING CRAZY OH MY GOD HE IS OUT OF HIS FUCKING MIND I WORRY FOR MY SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS RIGHT NOW HOLY FUCK". And this look on her face was so fucking apparent and she didn't even TRY to hide it. So she's just staring at me, like "OH GOD HELP ME OH DEAR GOD"
 
That's when I realize I wasn't at the help desk. I wasn't even inside of the hospital anymore. Somehow I had managed to break into a Burger King, covered in blood and holding a knife, threatening everyone for some free burgers. Weird time, man. Weird.
 
No, but seriously. She's just giving me this look. And I ask her again and she's all "SIR, THERE ARE NO CHILDREN HERE." And I'm thinking, great, she fucking responded to me and now we're getting some progress. Then I ask her where they are and she's all "ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOSPITAL". Now, normally, when someone says "X IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF Y" they more often than not mean it's far away. So I ask her, which side? Since there were multiple areas and she just points and goes "OVER THERE". It ended up being back where I came from. It was only about 30 yards from where my mom's room was.

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21500 posts) -

I hate everything. Especially the fact that I hate everything. Y'know what it's like to hate everything? It fucking sucks. I hate it. Almost as much as how I hate everything.

#12 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

K-Mart customer service and check-out... because they don't have much of a customer service or many who work the check-out isles!

#13 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

GAME (from the UK) when staff come up to me every minute and ask if i need help

When in burger king they don't fill up your cup or container with fries fully even though I asked for super size

Pissy toilet seats like WTF!? CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES YOU DIRTY FUCKERS!

Colin (a student in my game design course) he is a massive dickhead!

Chavs, "Jocks" if you are american

cold weather

hot weather

Geoff Keighly

people who play music from their shitty mobile phone speakers in public

overloaded busses

mothers with prams (get the fuck out of my way!!!)

Currys and PC world (overpriced pieces of shit computers and staff members who don't know fuck all about anything they are selling)

people who eat smelly food in the classroom

people who spit on the pavement (there is no bloody reason for it, I was told it was a build up of flem but i dont give a fuck, SWALLOW IT, its meant to stay in you not spat out on my boot!)

Ultimately, people who do not pick up their dogs shit when they take them for a walk. I don't give a fuck if it's embarassing, maybe you should have thought of that before you got your fucking DOG!!!

There, I feel better now :)

#14 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

The goddamn DMV. You go in a nice guy and they turn you into an asshole.

#15 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Jews...uh I mean the post office...

#16 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@scarace360 said:

People who talk about something like they know what there talking about when they don't understand anything.

Arrow to the knee.

Anime is for jerks.

Sooo, the Giant Bomb community when you hang around in Off-Topic and General Discussion?
#17 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@krazy_kyle: I really don't think you can call charvs "jocks" as an analogue.

From what I can tell jocks are just douches who like sports and work out a lot.

And chavs are just chavs who drink on the streets at 14 and beat up old ladies.

I think the best comparison would be "scumbags".

#18 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (183 posts) -

Tape.

#19 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I hate the tumor in my pancreas and the painful treatment for it, but yeah, your story's harrowing man...

#20 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

I hate traveling to another country and getting diarrhea from the local water because it tastes funny and i'm not used to their filtration system. Then I get back and the water back home gives me diarrhea because i had gotten used to the foreign water. Poop soup is not a fun thing :(.

#21 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

I hate the tumor in my pancreas and the painful treatment for it, but yeah, your story's harrowing man...

I'm sorry you have a tumour but it's not like any of us gave it to you. Having an illness doesn't mean you automatically deserve respect when you be a jerk towards other people.

#22 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

@Canteu said:

@krazy_kyle: I really don't think you can call charvs "jocks" as an analogue.

From what I can tell jocks are just douches who like sports and work out a lot.

And chavs are just chavs who drink on the streets at 14 and beat up old ladies.

I think the best comparison would be "scumbags".

Fair enough :) I wasn't entirely sure what the american equivalent of chav would be. Is there one? Jocks just came to mind but over here we sorta see jocks as chavs :P or its probably just me lol

#23 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

@krazy_kyle said:

Fair enough :) I wasn't entirely sure what the american equivalent of chav would be. Is there one? Jocks just came to mind but over here we sorta see jocks as chavs :P or its probably just me lol

Yeah, jocks and chavs are not at all the same =P

As far as I know, America has no equivelent to the chav, wheras we totally have jocks over here in England. My school had a bunch of them.

#24 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

@DeeGee: Would the american equivalent of chav be a redneck? or "white trash"? lol

#25 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@krazy_kyle said:

@TeflonBilly said:

I hate the tumor in my pancreas and the painful treatment for it, but yeah, your story's harrowing man...

I'm sorry you have a tumour but it's not like any of us gave it to you. Having an illness doesn't mean you automatically deserve respect when you be a jerk towards other people.

Oh man, I feel like a legit total asshole. I was positive I'd written /sarcasm at the bottom of that post. I was actually gonna make fun of all your #FirstWorldProblems. And seeing as both my parents ar cancer survivors, that actually made me feel like a dick omitting it.

#26 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@krazy_kyle said:

@TeflonBilly said:

I hate the tumor in my pancreas and the painful treatment for it, but yeah, your story's harrowing man...

I'm sorry you have a tumour but it's not like any of us gave it to you. Having an illness doesn't mean you automatically deserve respect when you be a jerk towards other people.

Oh man, I feel like a legit total asshole. I was positive I'd written /sarcasm at the bottom of that post. I was actually gonna make fun of all your #FirstWorldProblems. And seeing as both my parents ar cancer survivors, that actually made me feel like a dick omitting it.

It's cool man, that's cool about your parents you must be proud :). I'd buy you a beer if I could afford it lol :P

#27 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@scarace360 said:

People who talk about something like they know what there talking about when they don't understand anything.

Arrow to the knee.

Anime is for jerks.

Sooo, the Giant Bomb community when you hang around in Off-Topic and General Discussion?

yup.

#28 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

@EveretteScott said:

@Melos said:

I hate people who piss in the face of the working class and demand sympathy for mundane customer service problems.

@EightBitShik: "The next day it's the same shit she pulled a two day call in. What a bitch"

Whoa whoa, are you fucking serious OP? She's a bitch because she's out sick? What the hell is your problem thinking you're so entitled. Also you should have just drove to the other post office, lazy. AND learn the goddamn hours before you throw a little shit fit online because you fucked up.

I still think the OP's rage is justifiable. You have to remember just how many people are absolutely, fucking retarded on both sides of the spectrum, customers and the people who are supporting them.

#29 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@EveretteScott: I looked on the site and no where does it state "Passports are only 9 to 2" that is information she should of gave me when she told me to come back in an hour or two. I don't care of the bitch is sick what I care about is she is the only one who can help. So it's a pain in the ass to go there twice and not be able to have help. That is like if you went to Mcdonalds and you want a chicken sandwhich but the chicken lady called in sick.

It's not about being lazy 20 minute drive is pretty fucking annoying because you have to drive another 20 back. You may see it as a first world problem but I don't care who or what you are if you get terrible service like that it's fine to bitch. I have a machine in my back because I have so much pain every second of the day so I know what a real problem is and if something like this can piss me off then I know I'm right.

#30 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

My parents. Lousy beatniks.

#31 Posted by SimplyTron (77 posts) -

Alex. He makes this site worse.

#32 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

Post office got itself a monopoly and a guaranteed revenue stream. It it makes you feel better i hate them too !

#33 Posted by EveretteScott (1457 posts) -

@EightBitShik: Again you seem like you're just looking for a reason to complain and you think you should get everything handed to you without any complications. I would have no problem agreeing with you if anything you are bitching about was legitimate reason and not just you overreacting because 'i have problems so im allowed to bitch'. I have problems as well but I'm not taking them out on other people because 'waaaah, things are had for me'.

#34 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

Nothing makes me rage harder than poor grammar/spelling/syntax. It makes me feel like the world is devolving into a giant mass of idiots, which I sincerely hope is false. Don't even get me started on the whole "text speak" crap. With keyboard phones and T9, there isn't any excuse for that laziness, and if you do that on the internet with a keyboard I will crush your throat.

I deal with stuff like that on a daily basis at my job from people who ostensibly attended a university for 4+ years to learn how to communicate and manage other people.

How did these people get so far in life without understanding how to write in the only goddamn language they speak? Madness!

I like your throat-crushing solution.

#35 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@EveretteScott: You must be joking or trolling because you seriously see nothing wrong with standing in line for 20 minutes and some lady telling you she can't help you for the reason you are there and then telling you to come back in an hour or two when she knows they stop helping people in 45 minutes?

If you are honestly okay with that and I am in the wrong then my god you must be the chillest person on the planet. But honestly I don't think you are because you are so annoyed at my complaining you start to complain at my issues so I'm pretty sure you might get a little annoyed if that happened to you.

#36 Edited by EveretteScott (1457 posts) -

@EightBitShik: Man, those video games, how about 'em.

#37 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@EveretteScott: I love them! I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of games in my house hold right now that when I start playing one I'm like aww I should be playing that one!!!

What are you playing? I am currently playing two of the longest games ever and I loved them both 60 hours ago -_- they need to end. Arc the lad 2 and Valkria Chronicles 2.

#38 Posted by DoubleKR (98 posts) -

Has anyone ever called the Sony tech support?

I got a broke ps3 from a friend in hopes of fixing it and playing some uncharted. I don't like waiting for emails and trying to manage an online tech system just to get an email that says oh well if you send us the PlayStation we can tell you the problem and how much it will cost. So I'd rather talk to a really person who can say oh this cost this and that cost that, and rather than waste three days to a month I get results in 20 mins.

Anyway I call and follow the press this number press that automated phone call, and when I get to the part where it says,"press 0 to talk to a real person" I press the shit out of it. What happens next is the best part. Pressing that button reset the the phone call back to the start and I now have to do that again. What the hell! and the second time it hung the call up and ended it..... this makes no fucking sense!!! I did this 6 times thinking it was my fault before I thought to myself, "This is why more people play xbox?" works for me.. FU sony at least "Max was here to help."

#39 Posted by Brendan (7758 posts) -

I used to not hate things. Then some jerk who likes anime shot me in the knee with an arrow.

Online
#40 Posted by Turambar (6738 posts) -

I've got plenty of customer horror stories though they are mostly comprised of stories where the customers are pretty much scum of the earth. My personal favorite revolves around one that became incredibly incensed when we dared to mark her 20 dollar bills and up with counterfeit pens and check their water marks and security strips, despite explanations that the local bank discovered counterfeit twenties in circulation recently.

#41 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3143 posts) -

Folding laundry.

#42 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

I hate my ISP, for not allowing me to use my own router, (among other things)

I called them up to ask what the procedure will be to get my new router up and running (I just bought one) because it wouldn't connect, so I called and the conversation went a little like this:

  • ISP - "Oh, you are not allowed to use your own hardware"
  • Me - "Why?"
  • ISP - "We push updates to your router automatically"
  • Me - "But if I'm changing routers I won't need that"
  • ISP - "Well we also push firmware as well"
  • Me - "I won't need that either"
  • ISP - "It's easier for you if we push our updates, you don't have to manually update, you'll always be up-to-date, it's so you don't forget"
  • Me - "I understand, but I can bear having to update manually if I can use my own router"
  • ISP - "..........one second please"
  • (15 minutes later)
  • Manager - "Hi, we push updates automatically you know"

I have a note on my fridge with the precise date that my contract with my ISP expires, on that day, I will immediately cancel and switch, that conversation, and many others I've had with them have been the worst, I hate them sooooo much, and you know what? their router fucking sucks.

#43 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Liberals.

#44 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

People don't know how to use ATMs or Metrocard machines and take forever to make a transaction.

#45 Posted by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

Liberals.

Fascist. I think.

#46 Posted by dudeglove (7755 posts) -

I worked in a call center once, cold calling people. It seemed like a good idea at the time to earn some money over the holidays.

It wasn't.

#47 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

@EightBitShik: People suck; bureaucracy sucks. However, there's no excuse to swear at people and lose your cool. Not only do you look like the crazy person now, but they'll probably throw even more wrenches in the works. Even if they're being complete assholes about it, which they were, the only possible course of action is to keep your cool.

I think this story would be much better if it ended with, "Alright, sir, I'll help you with you passport, but before I do... I want you to look into that camera because YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!!!"

#48 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

I hate people who write books on forums.

#49 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

Filipinos. Because they eat dogs, and are racist a-holes. Also Samoans because they are racist too.

#50 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: Sorry, growing up with a drunken british family makes me a bit on edge when I am in public places.

My mother was thrown out of an Olive Garden here in America for getting too drunk and when the lady asked to her to calm down she pointed at the statue behind her and said "Oy it's not me it's him he is stoned" later "FUCK THIS PLACE WE ARE GOING ACROSS THE STREET AHHHHHHHHH" So I think I just had a bad influence growing up.

@Juicebox: wtf