#1 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

So I have this thing called an alarm clock, and it has a giant button on the top with the word "snooze" on it. How in the hell does this thing work? I have seen it work in movies, but I honestly never figured out how to make one work. If I push it when the alarm goes off, nothing happens. If I hold it down in an attempt to set it somehow, it displays some random time and slowly goes up. As a person who values snoozing, I would like to know how to work the snooze button. Am I the only one confused about this?

#2 Posted by Leo (73 posts) -

I'm pretty sure you press it, and then it sets the alarm to about 15 minutes later, so you can sleep in a bit more. It's weird though.

#3 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

Err, did u just get back from a long day or something?  When the alarm starts going off u hit the snooze and it'll turn the alarm off for like 5 min.
#4 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Well what I do is press it and go back to sleep, the alarm will be on in 5 minutes again. What I do is keep on pressing it until I wake up and usually I don't wake up on time and snooze eventually stops working after a certain time. Then that's what the second alarm clock is for.   

#5 Posted by actionTACO (498 posts) -

i don't think so, tim

#6 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -
#7 Edited by Prolix (188 posts) -

Leave your PC on at night, and download an alarm clock.  There are tons out there.   These are way more adjustable/dependable.  

Protip; Waking up and falling back to sleep causes you to be sleepy all day.   Get up when you wake up.

#8 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

I usually just set my alarm clock for an hour early or so. Then I have plenty of time to snooze.

#9 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

I thought snooze times were universally at 9 minutes... What's this 5 and 10 minute shit I'm hearing? Blasphemy!

#10 Posted by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

Your alarm clock is broken.

#11 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

I have "no idea how to use snooze" in a different way. In fact, I've never seemed to manage to use the snooze button in the first place. Instead of using it, I just keep turning the alarm off. Although there have been more than a handful of occasions where that's been bad, luckily I have a pretty good record for getting up and staying up when I want to.

#12 Posted by Slax (909 posts) -
@AyKay_47 said:
" I thought snooze times were universally at 9 minutes... What's this 5 and 10 minute shit I'm hearing? Blasphemy! "
Nothing universal about 9. I've had them with 5, 7 and 9 minutes. Just depends on the clock I guess.
#13 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1902 posts) -
@AyKay_47 said:
" I thought snooze times were universally at 9 minutes... What's this 5 and 10 minute shit I'm hearing? Blasphemy! "
Every alarm clock I've had has been 5 minutes.
#14 Posted by m1k3 (1327 posts) -

snooze is basically an "ill shut up for now and try again to wake you up in 9(?) minutes" button. when the alarm wakes me up i slam that button down and manually switch off the alarm. i could also just switch the alarm off in order to shut up the alarm, but i think the effort of slamming that button helps me wake up lol