• 56 results
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Lunarbunny

Well, my installation was a little less than painless, although there is the possiblity that my CD-RW/DVD combo drive just isn't a fan of DVD+RW. Got it installed, and have had mostly minimal trouble. Mainly I had to fight with my Bluetooth drivers and I'm still not sure if I have my Bluetooth working right or not.

Couple tips (sorry if you've already mentioned it):

• If you're trying to install a Vista driver and it gives you crap, try Troubleshoot Compatibility in the context (right-click) menu and run it as Vista.
  • DO NOT use the ATI Catalyst 8.12 Windows 7 Preview driver. It's much easier just to use the 9.1 Vista driver and the Vista driver actually supports CrossFire if you're running it. 8.12 W7 Pre gave me crashes, unrecognized devices, and more.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
thabigred said:
"I really think there going to come out and be all like

"APRIL FOOLZ,,,THIS IS REALLY VISTA GUYZ THAT WE SHOULD OF MADE"

no but seriously, Windows 7 is like vista without the whoring of RAM."
They've pretty much said that already. Most of the improvements in 7 were originally planned for vista, but development was taking too long, so they put out vista to make some money.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ahriman22

I'm installing W7 to my external hard drive, so I'll be triple booting W7, Ubuntu and vista.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lunarbunny

If anybody's curious about non-destructive repartitioning software, I recommend GParted (it's free!). Do note that ALL repartitioning software carries the risk of damaging or destroying your data, so always be sure to backup irreplaceable data before using it.

EDIT: I should mention that this is the repartitioning software Ubuntu uses in its installer.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lunarbunny

Alert! Alert! If you like playing any Punkbuster games, you may want to keep a separate XP/Vista partition. Punkbuster currently hates W7 and have stated they will not support it until it's released. Some games may not have trouble with this, but CoD4 and BF2 do, with workarounds having varying degrees of success.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By artofwar420
Lunarbunny said:
"If anybody's curious about non-destructive repartitioning software, I recommend GParted (it's free!). Do note that ALL repartitioning software carries the risk of damaging or destroying your data, so always be sure to backup irreplaceable data before using it.

EDIT: I should mention that this is the repartitioning software Ubuntu uses in its installer."
True, I should have said that you could use Gparted, Lifehacker.com recommends it in their dual-boot tutorial. But if you can, it's always handy to have another hard drive, not just for dual booting.