For the past few years I have felt something wrong was with this movie. It was just so awesome yet I still felt there was something completely and massively wrong with it. You see, I am one of the folks that does believe that the first two movies are canon while the other two... never existed. However the more I think about it, the more I think on how fucked the timeline is!
You see, I got a simple thing here to explain.
1. Kyle goes back in time, goes to town with Sarah Conner and John Conner is born.
2. John Conner grows up into a kid, gets hunted and a T-800 and his mom team up.
3. John is able to throw every piece of future technology in the lava chamber. (I don't care if it is called a smelter! It has a fucking lava lake!)
These solutions make it so this happens with every point.
1. With no future war, Kyle either may not exist anymore, or does but can't go back in time to do Sarah Conner to create John Conner.
2. John would cease existence as soon as he threw that technology in the lava lake due to PARADOX!!!
3. John Ceases to exist and is removed from reality just as Kyle is. The future war never happens and everyone lives a happy life without death machines.
So yeah. John should CEASE existence upon throwing that shit in the lava lake! I have tried to reason on how it CAN'T have happened... or that reality just... doesn't seem to care that he exists...
Hell... the Futurama paradox works BETTER than the Terminator 2 one. This basically means that as long as John exists, he will cause a machine war to happen just because he exists!
Well isn't that a good fucking ending!
However, there is one theory which may explain this plothole and completely ignore the crappy 3 and fourth movies!
The basic theory is that in one universe you choose one thing, while in another you choose another! This happens and infinite number of times, creating practically endless amounts of other universes. Many the same as your and many not the same at all.
Here is a basic sketch of the two timelines in which things diverged in this series!
Terminator 1 is the black line.
Terminator 2 is the red one.
Terminator 3 is purple.
and Terminator 4 is Blue.
While the time when Kyle goes back in time at the end is Black once more.
Basically, Kyle proves multiverse theory correct while also saving his own timeline. Since John Conner was born after he arrived, that means two things, ONE, this moment in time just split into another universe completely while with the multiverse theory creates a future that is much like his.
My brain is officially hurting... but hey, that is the nature of Multiverse theory.
But yes, Kyle just created himself and destroyed himself with a SINGLE act... So, quite literally, he sexed divided zero... That is funny and scary as hell.
So yeah, this means that Kyle went back into his own universe and created two/more of them in one action... Damn... This series just got Kingdom Hearts level confusing...
So yeah, either the Terminator Universe has a multiverse theory or it is a major fucking plot hole the size of Montana!
What do you guys think of this?