• 66 results
#51 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

I loved it until they started with the magic bullshit. Never even bothered watching the series to the end.

#52 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

Once that old guy at the beginning of Season 2 did that stupid shit he did, there and then was when I decided that once I find out who killed Laura Palmer, I'm done with that series.

#53 Posted by djames216 (398 posts) -

Reading this thread brings back memories for me for when I originally watched it.  I live in the UK.  I think we got the show pretty soon after the states, but that didn't matter so much (to me at least) from a spoiler standpoint as it would be a few years later before I finally got internet access. Anyway, I love Twin Peaks.  For me, the main point of it all was the characters, everything else was secondary, including the story.  I'm a sucker for a story with great characters and Twin Peaks was my all-you-can-eat buffet.  I remember talking to other people about it when it aired abck in the 90s.  I appreciate that everyone takes away their own feelings and experience from a story but I felt that some people were missing the point when all they would talk about is "Who killed Laura Palmer?".  Obviously I was interested to see how that mystery would conclude, but I was mainly praying for more episodes just to wallow in the weirdness and eccentricity of it all, regardless of where the plot threads would go.

@xyzygy said:

Same reason why Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite movies too.
I've never seen Mullholland Drive.  I yearn for a half -decent movie to watch.  There seems to be a lot of dross these days (or is it me just getting old?). Either way, I must remember to watch that one.  Thanks for reminding me of it. :)  I feel like this is a dumb question but does Mullholland Drive have weird characters and/or story? I hope so :)

@Cereal_Killa said:
Have you read any of the books? Agent Cooper: My life, My tapes. is worth a read.
I read two books back in the day. I still have them somewhere.  The Agent Cooper one.  And the other one was Laura Palmer's Diary.  The entire book was basically in the form of her diary leading up to the last entry before her death.
#54 Edited by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -
@Dtat said:

I choose to pretend that season 1 and the first half of season 2 are the only parts of Twin Peaks ever made. It was so incredible that I just ignore the way it had to end. It's just the way of things: when something is that good, you get your hopes up, and what follows inevitably doesn't live up to what you'd hoped.

Lynch pretty much mailed it in after he lost his battle over the creative direction with the network and it clearly showed as the second season wore on.
#55 Posted by Cereal_Killa (50 posts) -
@djames216:  Yeah I have the Laura Palmer one too, I liked the Cooper one a bit more since it delved into the world outside of the town. Mulholland Drive is well worth a watch but it is quite different from Peaks, doesn't have the same goofy sense of humour to balance out the darkness. It is however weird as hell so if that's what your looking for it'll fit the bill nicely.
#56 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@QuistisTrepe said:

@Dtat said:

I choose to pretend that season 1 and the first half of season 2 are the only parts of Twin Peaks ever made. It was so incredible that I just ignore the way it had to end. It's just the way of things: when something is that good, you get your hopes up, and what follows inevitably doesn't live up to what you'd hoped.

Lynch pretty much mailed it in after he lost his battle over the creative direction with the network and it clearly showed as the second season wore on.

I disagree. He told the tale he wanted to tell once the he knew he wasn't going to be extended.

#57 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@armaan8014: X-files is the polar opposite of Twin Peaks when it comes to run time. That shit went on for waaaay too long. Amazing in the beginning, but you can really feel them losing steam towards the final seasons.

#58 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I just finished watching both season 1 and 2 a few weeks ago.  I had never seen the show during it's original airing.  I was completely hooked the entire way through, but that final episode was such a downer.  I really liked the character of Agent Cooper and to see him at the end with "Bob" in charge, was disheartening.

Definitely a cooky and oddly charming show.

#59 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -
@djames216: Not only are the characters weird, basically the first hour of the movie is such a strange happy go lucky type of movie about an aspiring actress. It really seems incredibly shallow when you are halfway through it, but when you finish the movie you'll see why the first half of it was like what it was. Basically, I went from "Why am I watching this shit?" 45 minutes in, and the other 45 minutes I was going "This is the most brilliant film I've ever seen."
#60 Edited by OleMarthin (317 posts) -

I just watched the last episode and after sitting here confused and empty inside I goggled the ending and ended up here,,,

#61 Posted by TheHT (11797 posts) -

Shame they didn't continue it.

But if it means sitting through more bullcrap side stories to get to the Black Lodge stuff, I dunno if I could handle it. That stuff was all hot garbage. Steaming.

#62 Edited by FenrirSorrow (1 posts) -

I believe we could say I'm kind of depressed these last months. I went through the show from start to end in one month, and I loved it. The atmosphere, the characters, the humor, the mistery. All of it just fit so right. The show made me happy, and helped go through this sad period of my life. The first and second season were amazing, until the reveal of Laura's killer. From that point on, I felt something was not right. That Windom Earle story felt a little out of place for me, and also a little too convenient to fit on the plot. I didn't exactly know what kind of ending I was expecting, but I'm damn sure that it would be really different from the one we actually got. Come on, Cooper became one of my favorite characters of all time, and it had to end that way? Hahahah, I guess I'm just not lucky. The ending made me feel empty and sad again, so I'll do like a friend said before: pretend the show ended when Laura's killer was revealed.

#63 Posted by DarthOrange (3906 posts) -

But WTF? Cooper is now inhabited by BOB? Why cooper of all people? I know it has some meanings behind it, but don't freaking kill your audience by doing this to their favorite character!

I actually really liked the ending. For as much of a bad ass as Copper was he definitely had his flaws which are more apparent when you rewatch it. The biggest blunder of all was Cooper ignoring the giant when he told him not to fool around with that chick. Also Hawk had warned Cooper that he would be face to face with evil if he entered the room (or something like that) and if he had imperfect courage it would swallow his soul. And what does he do when shit starts getting freaky in the red room? He gets scarred and runs like a bitch.

Also dat bump.

#64 Edited by armaan8014 (5452 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@armaan8014 said:
But WTF? Cooper is now inhabited by BOB? Why cooper of all people? I know it has some meanings behind it, but don't freaking kill your audience by doing this to their favorite character!

I actually really liked the ending. For as much of a bad ass as Copper was he definitely had his flaws which are more apparent when you rewatch it. The biggest blunder of all was Cooper ignoring the giant when he told him not to fool around with that chick. Also Hawk had warned Cooper that he would be face to face with evil if he entered the room (or something like that) and if he had imperfect courage it would swallow his soul. And what does he do when shit starts getting freaky in the red room? He gets scarred and runs like a bitch.

Also dat bump.

THREE FREAKING years since I watched this show! O_O

Wow time flies!

#65 Posted by officialjack (7 posts) -

Telltale Games need to make a Walking Dead style Twin Peaks game

#66 Edited by crithon (3451 posts) -

@officialjack: I love it when Sesame Street does pop culture.

Sigh, I really loved the melodrama of the show, the whole soap opera playing while your wrapped up with older couple tries to rekindle their teenage love. Sigh, I think I like more then the David Lynch surrealism of the show.